PDA

View Full Version : Upon First Eyes We Meet - Miklon

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 26th, 2002, 09:48:00 AM
Navaria was already preparing herself for today's lesson through meditation and reflection within the Force. She wore her usual black pants, boots, and dark beige inner robe. To her side, the only weapon ever needed by a Jedi, her lightsabre, dangled harmlessly ... the very edge of it barely touching the floor.

She had taken another Padawan. One in which she had never met before, nor heard about, cept by name. It would be nice meeting another Padawan that had decided to give his life to the Jedi Order... Give his life to the Force.

Miklon
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:50:31 PM
Miklon rose early that morning. Getting his day started was always a little difficult for him. With a stretch and a yawn, he got himself into the refresher unit. The warm water felt good on his aching muscles. The gravity change from Pelagon to Yavin IV was a minute one, but enough to cause minor discomfort. Adjustment wasn't going to be easy as he though when he first arrived.

He left his room, dressed in what loose fitting garments he had brought with him. It was almost relaxing not having to be bound up in those tight, traditional robes he'd grown up in.

Miklon had been told where to find his master that morning. He entered the room, finding her sitting on the floor with her eyes closed. He presumed she was mediating. He was somewhat apprehensive to speak, not wanting to disturb her, but decide to anyway.

"Uh... Master Tarkin..."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 27th, 2002, 11:42:36 PM
"Did you even think about how long we might have been sitting here in silence before you said anything?"

Navaria cracked an eye opened with a half-smile.

"You took initiative instead of complacency. Sometimes a good trait. Sometimes not."

She opened her eyes fully and looked to the ample mat in front of her... hinting that Miklon should take a seat.

"What do you think?"

Miklon
Jul 28th, 2002, 07:32:42 PM
Miklon sat down on the floor, folding his legs beneath him at his master's subtle hint. Sometimes he was good with subtle, but most of the time, he dismissed it as a fluke in intention.

"I believe you would have eventually said something if I hadn't. If the stories I've heard about the Jedi are true, you would've known when I had entered the room.

"And I believe complacency can kill. If you do not know when to take initiative, then you're lost."

Miklon had seen what had happen to those that take the road of complacency in the Tapani Sector houses; his house specifically...

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2002, 07:37:53 PM
"Is there any time that complacency could benefit?"

Navaria sometimes would do things differently in meeting a new student. In Miklon's case, she decided on some conversation. The actual topic made no difference because when people speak, they give off certain signals. Physical and emotional.

The Knight could pick up on both. Miklon was right. She could sense when he was in the room and she could also sense that the word compliance was a word that he did not like.

Miklon
Jul 29th, 2002, 03:14:57 PM
Miklon pondered this question for a few minutes. He never saw any benefit in complacency. But when initiative wasn't needed...

"Complacency only benefits when initiative is not needed. Like the ancient proverb says, if the hyperdrive isn't broken, don't fix it."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:23:01 PM
She laughed, liking Miklon right away. He was clever.

"True enough. But what about taking orders and being compliant with them. Breaking orders by your C/O could endanger the lives of your entire platoon.

Still the initiative is their to do the mission but there are standards in which the mission needs to be done."

Miklon
Aug 1st, 2002, 03:10:42 PM
"Ah yes," he started with a smile, "but in the military, complacency is not an option. If the military does become complancent, then not only will they, the soilders, be killed, but those they defend will also perish.

"And," he said with a chuckle, "If you disobey your commanding officer, you're facing dishonorable discharge. I believe there is a different order in which the military, government, corporations, and for that matter the Jedi, to a somewhat lesser extent, have a necessity for taking initiative even when there may not be a need for one. If complacency is allowed to infiltrate that order, the order will cease to exsist."

It was that way with the Old Republic, Palpatine's New Order, and the House of Pelagon...

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:09:45 PM
"True enough."

His mind was sharp. Miklon would made a good Jedi indeed and she smiled.

"How about a more interesting topic. You. Tell me about yourself.

Meeting new beings could be considered a hobby for Navaria.

Miklon
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:58:40 PM
Miklon let a smile cruve along his face. The topic transition was an odd on. Most humans would've considered that a "pick-up" (tossing in a little OOC obersvation ;) ) and let a laugh slip out, but masked it as a shallow breathe. He knew that wouldn't get by his Master.

"Well, myself... where do I begin."

Miklon drew his left leg up from underneathe him and rested his chin on his bend knee. His expression became blank and his eyes stared through the walls of the room to some unknown point in the distant past. Drawing in a breathe, he began.

"I grew up on Pelagon, primary planet for my house. House Pelagia is one of the four lesser houses in the Tapani Federation, but it wasn't always that way." Shifted his focus to his Master, making it more personal. "At my birth, we were the second most power house in the Federation, a greater house. Once the greatest house, before the Dark Times. Slowly, but surely, our position in the Federation weakened from the beginning of the New Order. It got to the point where House Mecetti got bold enough to attack our holding in the sector.

"I was born at the beginning of this so-called war. My parents were always moving me, in hiding. We'd find haven in one of our systems, and before things actually got to normal, one of the houses making a bid for our holding would siege the planet. Several times, everyone was luck to evacuate safely. The pundering of our house ended shortly after the New Republic made contact with the Federation. That was about 5 years ago, I would venture to guess..."

By the time he'd finish speaking, his gaze had diverted back to that distant point that was beyond everything in the room. The slience pulled him out of his trance-like state. He looked at his Master, smiling weakly.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:33:37 PM
Her innocent curiosity was seemingly taken in a different light by the way Miklon had chuckled slightly. Navaria of coursed noticed it. Being subtle and picking up on it was a speciality.

Though she had her moments of bluntness and this was one of those times. At least her new Padawan didn't think more of it .. like some in the Order lately.

Miklon's past was the same story heard many times in many different ways within these halls.

"A hard life you had, starting from when you were born."

She noticed while he spoke, it felt very monotone and impresonal, though his eyes made it personal. Navaria could see the unspoken pain and with that lost smile.

"How does everything that has happened make you feel, Miklon."

Miklon
Aug 4th, 2002, 07:46:50 PM
Miklon stroked his beard while considering his Master's question. He'd never considered how he felt about it, his life.

"I'm indifferent on the events of my life. I had always known war as a child. But, as a child, I believe some of my innocents protected me from noticing what was really happening. It was just something I accepted as being a part of my life.

"I harbor no anger towards the members of House Mecetti, even though I probably should," he laughed. "When I became aware of what was really happening, I would say about my seventh or eighth year, I remember being afraid when we were being attacked and fleeing, but that was all I felt. Other than those handful off times, it was oblivious to the constant threat."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:23:38 PM
Well adjusted too, Navaria noticed. Through his aura and her ability to sense surface emotions, Miklon indeed had no feelings about his past. Mostly the were memories, things never to be forgotten, but his past didn't plague him.

"The past. Something to understand and grow from but never to dwell. A lesson hard to learn sometimes... Even by myself but we all must in time."

There was no reason to continue talking about his past unless it came up later for a reason.

"And your first experience with the Force. When did that happen."

Miklon
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:25:38 PM
"I always had the uncanny ability to detect the impending attack," he said, remembering back to his childhood "And I only recently became aware that it was more then intuision.

"My parents, as well as the rest of my family are Force sentative as well. It's been in our house since the days of the Old Republic, which was one of the reason we were so powerful in the Federation then. And they had always been aware of it, but never pursued training sue to the circumstances of the times.

"My twenty first birthday is only months away, and they informed me that I needed to make a decision about my future. After they told me the story I've just told, only at greater length, I was to either take up my birthright and title on my birthday, or leave everything behind and become a Jedi. I think right now they're regreting they ever gave me the choice..."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:41:40 PM
"Ah, inherent sense of danger. A very useful ability to have. Since you developed it at an early age, it will only grow more powerful. I think it will be interesting to see how that works when we spar."

Her eyes closed somewhat, as if reading Miklon's expression closely for something not easily seen.

"And your choice. Do you regret it? Regret it at all? Being the hope of the future for your family or being a Jedi."

Navaria's eyes brightened, sympathizing with her pupil. Her family had great expectations for the young Tarkin daughter too. Such standards were so hard to live with growing up as a child.

"It must have been very tough."

Miklon
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:14:15 PM
"It was tough. But I've survived.

"And, as of yet I have not regreted my decision, but I believe it's still too early to make that call."

Miklon felt there was a common bond he and his master were sharing, but he was unable to place what that bond was. With time, he reasoned, it would become more apparent.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 7th, 2002, 03:04:07 PM
She smiled.

"And I hope that you never do either. As your Master, you are my responsibilty in all things. Including your feelings outside of training. If ever you need something from me, if something is bothering you, please let me know. The worse thing you can do to yourself is bottle up your emotions and let them fester. A fine line there is between controlling your feelings and not being able to accept them.

Now ... Anything to ask me before we move on?"