PDA

View Full Version : Try Again [Open Challenge]

Eve Siren
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:13:16 AM
What would you do to get to me ?
What would you say to have your way ?
Would you give up and try again if I hesitate to let you in ?
Now would you be yourself, or play role ?
Tell all the boys, or keep it low?
If I say no, would you turn away,
or play me off or would you stay ?

If at first, you don't succeed
then dust yourself off and try again
You can dust if off and try again, try again
'Cause if at first you don't succeed
You can dust it off and try again,
dust yourself off and try again, try again,

I'm into you, you into me,
but I can't let it go so easily,
Not 'till i see, where this could be,
Could be eternally, or just week,
You know our chemistry, is off the chain
It's perfect now, but will it change?
This ain't a yes, this ain't a no
Just do your thang,
And we'll see how it goes

The lights went dark as the crowd went wild. It was a small club, so everybody was sweaty but still energectic and still dancing. The night was young, and the party still wasn't over. The lighting became blue and black. Eve put back the mic, gave the crowd a last smile before wiping a short towel on her forehead and step down the stage. The crowd made way for her. They knew better than to touch her. Yes, she was the Dark Angel, but she remains the Sith Knight of the Sith Empire. Still sweaty like it was workout, she mumbled a curse word, insulting the heat filling the club. She ordered a bottle of water, drank a slight sip then just dumped the whole thing on her head. Exhaling as the crowd continued to dance.

Temper Grewal
Jul 25th, 2002, 11:30:44 AM
The bounty hunter finally turned to face her. He wasnt following her. In fact, he was rather annoyed that she was here at all. Last time he'd seen her, she'd killed the man he'd been paid to apprehend - alive. and now as she stood beside him at the bar, pouring water over herself, she'd managed to miss some of her head. It dripped down his back, as he wasnt wearing full armor in the club.

"Your aim with a water bottle is as bad as your music." He commented, his voice a low almost growl as he spoke. He didnt honestly think her music was all that bad - in fact - she had a rather pleasant voice - but he wasnt about to tell her so.

Eve Siren
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:00:06 PM
Eve turned to discover it was the grumpy bounty hunter of last time. She was slightly disappointed that he'd be here. Apparently, he didn't change.

"Bad karma. You probably deserved it." She muttered.

Temper Grewal
Jul 25th, 2002, 09:23:13 PM
He scoffed at this. He didnt believe in karma.

"If karma existed I'd be dead ten times over." He muttered as he fixed his grey green eyes on her.

He sighed. It wasnt worth it being angry with her. She likely didnt like seeing him here any more than he liked seeing her. And having her dislike him wasnt going to be any help to him if she killed another as she had done the first time he'd met her.

He turned to the barkeep and ordered two shots - one for him and one for her - of exactly what she'd been drinking the last time he'd seen her. When the barkeep brought it to him, he picked them both up and held one out to her.

"Truce?" He offered, his gaze even.

Eve Siren
Jul 26th, 2002, 12:41:52 PM
Eve sighed also. This really wasn't working out. She took the glass in her hand, smile sarcasticly and as he was going to drink it, she dumped it on his head.

"My aim isn't so bad afterall." She then added.

Temper Grewal
Jul 26th, 2002, 12:57:43 PM
ooc: *shakes head* I had a feeling...

ic:

He cursed angrily, a word sounding oddly like witch coming from his mouth. The shot that he'd raised, he threw to the floor. His eyes narrowed in anger.

He wouldnt shove her, wouldnt hit her - though he wanted very bady to do so.

"Mine isnt either." He growled, referring to him aim.

"You might want to watch yourself." He added, his words clearly a threat of some sort. He knew from watching her in the bar the last time that she was a force user. He'd seen her make quick work of the alien and he wasnt all that anxious to get himself in the same sort of situation - but he also wasnt going to lay down and let her walk all over him.

Eve Siren
Jul 27th, 2002, 08:35:26 AM
"And you might want to take 'How-To-Make-Friends' classes." She replied, almost ignoring his threat.

Temper Grewal
Jul 30th, 2002, 02:36:08 PM
He scoffed at this.

"This piece of admice coming from the woman who refuses the offering of a truce?" His voice carried the anger he felt at having had the shot poured over him.

"Perhaps you should take some of your own advice." He added.

As he spoke, he could feel his angwer rising. He wouldnt take it out on her here - that wasnt likely, but he would be waiting for her when she finally chose to leave the bar. And he would be waiting from a safe distance, prepared to do what he did best.

Eve Siren
Jul 31st, 2002, 08:06:33 AM
"Why ? I'm not this desperate to make friends, unlike you." She replied, immediatly.

She could feel he wanted a sort of a fight; a challenge. That was good, he'll keep her from rusting up. And she could use the entertainment.

Temper Grewal
Aug 1st, 2002, 07:22:57 AM
His grey green eyes glared at her with utter contempt.

"Dont flatter yourself sugar. I wasnt looking to make friends with you - as you so eloquently expressed in your suggestion that I take a lesson on 'how to make friends'."

"Maybe you should take a lesson in how to keep your trap shut." He added.

"You might be half attractive if you learned not to open your mouth." His words were meant to be insulting as he offered her a clearly sarcastic wink and then moved to head for the exit.

He'd had quite enough of her....

Eve Siren
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:54:06 AM
At his third comment, Eve tilted her head to the side. She didn't even know his name, so why bother to even try to piss him off ? She exhaled, crossing her arms.

"You might be less irritating if you stopped acting like you were someone's snobby [beep]ch." She commented as he headed for exit.

Temper Grewal
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:18:04 PM
He stopped in his tracks.

"Im nobody's *bleep*" He growled.

"And you'd be smart to get that in that thick skull of yours. That and coming up with a more creative response...though I guess thats all girls like you are capable of. You think your pretty little face will solve it all for you, dont you, honey?" He added, his voice a slow, mean drawl as he spoke.

"Good luck." He sneered, and then turned once again to make his way toward the exit.

Eve Siren
Aug 1st, 2002, 04:54:36 PM
"You know, the whole time, you're the one assuming I have a pretty face. I never said a word of what I look, you're the one just going on and on, on how I'm pretty. So I guess I can count on my pretty face, then." She told him, knowing he'd hear her.

She laughed, it still sounded very sarcastic.

"So, maybe I should be more creative with my responses ... But maybe you should take the time to think about what you say, before being a wise-ass."

Temper Grewal
Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:15:35 PM
He shook his head and kept walking.

"You can count on it to get you into trouble...." He muttered under his breath, referring to her rather attractive face.

Years ago, as a younger man, he might have been like a volcano, errupting whne someone angered him. Now, he had nearly meticulous control, merely simmering and bubbling at the things that annoyed him.

He made his way to the door, his bearing military straight. He paused before he opened the door, his lean stern face gazing at her.

"And you will be the one who wished she'd thought about what she was saying before it came so foolishly from her lips." He added, before he walked out the door.

Once outside, he went straight to his hotel room across the street where he donned the rest of his armor. And then he climbed to the roof, where he could see both the front and side exits to the establishment. From there, he would see Eve when she chose to leave.

He didnt mean to kill her, only scare her a bit, perhaps. He had nothing else to do this evening, and a little practice was always useful.

He carried with him various weapons, but for this particular task, he'd selected a dart gun, the darts laced with a drug that would put a normal victim to sleep within a matter of minutes.

He found a comfortable position, and he waited.

Eve Siren
Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:43:37 PM
Eve knew very well he was setting up a trap for her. And well, she was getting a little bit rusty. She tilted her head to the side, and paced towards the exit. There was a small window. She peered out of the small hole, spotting a man on a roof. She had felina DNA in her blood, her senses were very powerful. Her pupils grew larger as she discovered who it was. That buffoon.

She casually walked out, but her hand was on the silver steel gun placed on her right thigh. Her fingers brushing against the metal as she took slow steps, her feline senses up to the max.

Temper Grewal
Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:43:10 PM
He watched her walk out. He didnt assume she would be an easy target. She had a quick tongue, and likely had quick reflexes to match. He didnt doubt that she would be prepared for this. He was in an obvious location - a place where anyone who was waiting for someone to walk out of the place would be.

But it was also the perfect place to be, for there were many rooftops nearby, stairs nearby, the escape stairs, and scaffolding from construction nearby as well.

He lay on his stomach now, and found her within the site. And then he fired. The dart stole silently through the air.

Eve Siren
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:26:59 AM
Eve turned and her eyes widened. A dart was coming right at her, silently, but still very rapid. Still, she was a trained genetically engineered killing machine and her aim was perfect. There was no other way to describe it, it was perfect. She unlocked her gun, aimed at the dart and shot, destroying it in mid-air. It was close, but nothing she wasn't prepared for.

"What are you waiting for, Scrooge ?" She yelled out, knowing that he knew she was talking to him.