PDA

View Full Version : Come one, come all (Open challenge to any and everyone)

Nemesis
Jul 25th, 2002, 12:39:54 AM
Like a fish out of water, a warrior can not exist without a battle. The energy that flows through the veins during the fight is liquid fire. A true warrior thrives on it. He breathes it in every morning he rises, and meditates on it before he lies down at night. Armed conflict sharpens the mind, quickens reflexs, and ensures future victories.

The past several weeks had proved to be fruitless journeys for one such warrior, however. Nemesis had searched the galaxy for an opponent to hoan his skills against. Message upon message had been sent. One challange after another went without any takers.

Cowards, plagued the efforts of the assassin. Fear crippled any potential opponents from revealing themselves and committing to honorable combat, which brings him here.

Night had fallen in the small town on Tattoine. The air burned even at this late hour. Pale moonlight illuminated the desert floor. Nemesis stood motionless in the dunes. He had been waiting a long time to finally meet a worthy advisary. His wait seemed almost endless. His patience waned short. Perhaps if no one had courage enough to face him alone, then a spine might be mustard between two or more foes.

The approaching battle should prove to be very interesting. Would the new arrivals be Jedi, Sith, Dark Jedi, or maybe a species the veteran himself had never laid eyes upon. Whomever answered the call could be guranteed one thing, they will never forget what will happen this night.

The enemy may be many and the odds were very low. Nemesis prepared himself for whatever may come.

Crystal StarRider
Jul 25th, 2002, 09:38:17 AM
Her land speeder was parked behind a latent dune. With a leery step, the Jedi Knight motioned towards the assassin, her amber robe swaying with the arid winds known to infest the barren land. Crystal needed answers to the disappearance of her cousin and fellow Knight, Aura StarRider. The discernable signature of a predatory hunter beckoned forth a challenge.

"Why do you seek an altercation? Surely a man of your profession needs not to hone his skills of dissolution. Is it the cry of a warrior gripped in the stillness of monotony, whom seeks to exercise his heinous soul in a battle of wits?" She clamored, closing the distance between them to three meters.

Nemesis
Jul 25th, 2002, 04:07:10 PM
The dark clad man did not move. His gleaming white eyes were ever fixed on the horizon.

Nemesis was well aware of the presence of the woman, but chose not to acknowledge her as yet. Her words cut deep into his soul. She read his thoughts with incredible ease, as if she had reached down into the very depths of his being and plucked out the essence of what drove the mind of this killer.

This one must be a force user, but of what variety? She bore distinctive attributes of a Jedi, yet there was something odd about her manners.

It was a true pity that a woman was the only one with bravery enough to answer the challenge. Bringing up another important question, why was she here? Her mouth spoke wisdom, perchance her heart was not so rational. There remained but one way to discover her true intentions.

"Are you Sith?" questioned the statuesque assassin.

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:06:44 PM
... No, but I am..

*The voice came from right behind him, from a man that the assassin had not even known was there. Sith Lord MnT stood donned in his standard gear, black trenchcoat over black tanktop over black cargos over black durasteel rimmed boots, with the broadsword Damnation's Touch sheathed on his back..*

... But if you can't even tell a Jedi from a Sith, then I almost feel sorry for you.. Most civilians can at least sense the light or dark around someone..

*He said the word with a grin, and a most derogatory tone.. He had come here as a break from his resting, having seen the challenges posted everywhere, and expected a good battle.. Here he arrived, to find a man with little-to-no force skill... Which meant he was probably a gunfighter, if he was calling out Sith and Jedi.. Pathetic..*

Nemesis
Jul 25th, 2002, 08:35:52 PM
"At long last..."

Nemesis glanced at the young Jedi who still stood three meters off. Placing the tip of his toe on his right foot into the soft sand behind his left heel he performed a flawless about face. The Sith that now stood before him disappointed the assassin. He had set heavy standards in his mind for what a Dark Sider would appear to be, and this one truly fell short of those expectations. Of course, how high can standards be for a race that hide from honorable combat. He could be little different from the others, preying on weaker beings and skulking behind those that pose a threat. Cowards.

Still, this self-proclaimed, "Master Sith" may prove to be some sport. Even his meager threat was more than welcome to a warrior who had been too long without a worthy contender.

Nemesis narrowed his flashing eyes on the arrogant Sith.

"Tell me, Master, do you always speak? Or do you prefer to stab your opponent in the back, then carry out the conversation with the corpse?" his tone was stern and his voice was thunder.

A cold severity accompanied the term: "Master." It's intent to patronize the egotistical Dark Sider.

Nolan Darklighter
Jul 25th, 2002, 09:09:21 PM
The Noble Jedi Master stepped out onto the dusty terrain. It was like any other night on Tatooine, lonely and calm. He had recieved word someone issued a challenge. Like any other Jedi, Nolan was strictly here to make sure things didn't get too out of hand. He knew this assassin was about to unleash a melee of terror on the Sith with a large tounge. He noticed the Sith's rather large ego, but what do you expect from one who used the Dark Side. The assassin had a rather sincere honesty about him, and it refleted off his dark attire. He stood by and watched what would be and already was a present conflict.

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:59:09 AM
... Master?

*An expression mixing annoyance and confusion appeared over the face of the Sith Lord, as he tried to comprehend exactly what he'd said that would warrant such a title.. Especially with such obvious sarcasm riddling it's tone..*

.. I fail to see what you're basing the grounds for your comments on, do you see a weapon in my hands? Have I shown even the slightest form of aggression to you yet, saving wondering why a non-force user would be calling out Jedi and Sith to battle?

*His anger becoming apparant in his visage, MnT then continued..*

... And you insult me with the accusation that I would stab you, or Anyone for that matter, in the back.. I may be Sith, sir, but that does not mean I am some kind of dishonorable swine.. And as if you cared, Yes, I Do always speak. I prefer to be on good terms with my opponents.. Less chance of them pulling something dishonorable that would cheapen the battle..

OOC: I'm curious. What exactly promoted the idea that MnT's Egotistical? =P

Oh, And, Nolan, I'm curious how long you've been around the SWFans RP's, cause you're not a member of GJO, I don't know of any Other Jedi groups, and you're claiming to be a Master. They don't just hand out those titles at the front door, you know..

Nemesis
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:54:43 AM
OOC: Nemesis is a cold and calculating man. His comments were intended to get a reaction out of MnT, whether good or bad. It was an attempt to cause the Sith to reveal who he was and why he was there, maybe even cause him to be distracted.

IC: The abrupt burst of anger that the Sith displayed was all the assassin needed. It had become very apparent to Nemesis that hatred and pride fueled the Dark Side and them that follow it.

"Your words speak of honor and trust. Then pray tell me, what need have you to disguise yourself? If this truly be a noble battlefield? Did you fear the treacherous actions of a man who stood alone in the sands of a desolate region? It that be the case, then perhaps you seek to justify your own betrayal with the assumption that everyone is as disreputable as you?"

Nemesis scanned his foe's visage for any signs of hightened hostility, all the while his hands hovered close to the hilts of his blades. The Sith had yet to make an overt attempt on his life, nevertheless war is seldom waged openly.

"As to your inquiry, to when you treated me with animosity, you have shown that in your very being here. Were you under the impression that you were answering the invitation of a debutante's ball? Then by all means allow me to correct your way of thinking. This, sir, is a challenge to any and all that wish to engage in a disciplined competition. If you are not such a man then I will ask you to leave, so that I may continue in a true match against the Jedi who proceeded you."

The assassin's words were cynical while retaining a very monotone composure. He had no intentions of discouraging the Dark Sider. His statements were intended to further probe the mind of MnT. To win, one must know their opponent.

Crystal StarRider
Jul 26th, 2002, 12:00:27 PM
Transferring her keen scrutiny to the Sith, a malignant ardor circumvented his unscrupulous bearing, evoking Crystal to hesitate in her ascention toward the assassin. A gust of wind parted her robe, revealing the twin cylinder hilts suspended at her belt, resting complacently against her adjacent thighs.

"Ah. . .I see the contemptuous Sith has answered your question, assassin, regarding all but his defiled kind with utter disdain. I am a Jedi Knight, turned Rogue. My quest is to seek my affiliate, Aura StarRider, whom would seem to have been abducted by a Sith Master of his regime."

Crystal gestured toward the lone Darksider with a brief nod of her head, cold calculating azure eyes riveted onto him, her delicate features betraying no signs of emotion.

"I would expect your thirst for carnage dictates you should eradicate all of us here. Am I correct in my deliberation, Sith? She eyed him with a reticent air.

Nemesis
Jul 26th, 2002, 12:19:43 PM
Interesting, a Jedi Knight who turned from the flock, Nemesis had never met anyone like her. It would be a distinct pleasure to learn more about her. However, the matter at hand regarding the Sith prevented any true contest for the moment.

Nemesis acknowledged the words of the Knight with a simple tilt of his head in her direction and a slight nod. His attention along with his field of view returned to the Sith, his palms still remained close to the shimmering metalic handles poised at either end of his back.

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:07:07 PM
OOC:
Miyran No Trunks, if you think the only Jedi group out their is the GJO, then you are just a little fried in the brain. Your unsuccessful attempt to put others under you by boasting you Sith Knight status is failing. So basically my point is, if you don't stop flappin your gums, you are in for a beatdown.
You're making no sense, be quiet. If you're going to claim there's another Jedi group recognized by the SWFans universe out there, then Please, show us a link. Because I've been around SWfans for over 2 years, and have never heard of one. And if you're going to make up stories of me trying to put others down, at least try to pretend you know what you're talking about.

Oh yes, and I refer you to this: http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21210

IC:

*Glaring back and forth between the challanger, and the Jedi who seemed to know only stereotypes, MnT sighed and shook his head..*

... Fools, the both of you... You, who has called us out here with an open challenge... When did I disguise myself? I simply walked up behind you without you noticing.. If I had wanted to trick you into thinking I wasn't Here, would I have made my presence known to you? And Also.. Neither of you have even the faintest glimmer of understanding of the darkside, if you believe that the only reason a Sith could possibly be out here, is to slaughter everyone else in a bloody rampage.. As I stated earlier, I came out here for a good fight, an Honorable fight. Not to massacre anyone else, but to test my skills against the others who showed up.. I am a martial artist, that's what I do... It's just unfortunate that the two of you seem to prefer throwing insults..

*Half turning to simply walk away from the pair, MnT then added*

... And you, challenger, if you wish to throw about groundless stereotypes as accusations, perhaps you should inquire as to why a Jedi, a Keeper of the Peace, has shown up to accept a challenge to a fight..

Nemesis
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:25:37 PM
"Your arrogance annoys me Sith."

The assassin drew his magnificent blades, then dropped them steadily to his sides. Each glimmered in the waning moonlight. The points brushed against the inky hem between his boot and pant leg.

"But if a challenge is what you seek here, then we will dispense with the pleasantries."

In one fluid motion Nemesis brought the hilt of the blade in his right hand below his chin leaving the blade itself at a 45 degree angle. Lowering the sword once more to the side, he saluted the Dark Sider.

"By your lead."

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:36:54 PM
.... Pleasentries? It would be nice to Begin with pleasentries..

*MnT bowed down, as was his tradition to honor both his opponent and the upcoming battle. Sighing as he crossed both arms over his torso, the Sith Lord took hold of the hilts of both of his sabers, the purple "Life" in his right hand, and the grey "Death" in his left.. As he brought the two back across to their respective sides, the dual blades ignit with a brilliant flash, and traditional snap-hisss..*

... I would if my honor did not forbid me the first attack, I must delagate it to you..

*With that, he brought himself into a defense position, hopping lightly from foot to foot, ready to move at the slightest notice..*

Nemesis
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:54:44 PM
"My apologies, perhaps you are different from the rest of your power hungery race."

No sooner had Nemesis finished his statement when a high pitched whine shattered the stillness of the night air. The two blades that once resided in Nemesis' hands stuck less than a foot from the Sith's feet.

The miss was deliberate and the purpose soon revealed, as the hunter lept upon the hilts of each of the standing weapons. Using their new found sturdy base the assassin propelled a heavy drop kick into the chest of MnT with a thud.

Rotating his frame around the swords as he too fell, Nemesis deftly removed the twin blades from their rest in the sand. He then took a defensive position a meter from the fallen Sith.

He gazed at MnT who now lay on his back in the warm soil.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am called Nemesis."

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 27th, 2002, 01:28:11 AM
*Smiling as the night air blew the sand around him lightly against his skin, MnT nodded and rolled backwards, back onto his feet.*

... Well Nemesis, I myself am Sith Lord Miryan no Trunks, and I must admit, I am impressed.. It is rare to see such craftsmanship in swords nowadays.. For the blades to stick with such firmness in the sand like that, they must be incredibly sharp.. I believe now though, it is My turn, no?

*With that, MnT burst instantly into a full dash, the sand clouding behind with each footstep.. Just as he neared striking distance, he doubled down as if he were preparing to jump. Indeed, he partially did, but the upwards block of Nemesis found no aggression towards it. Instead, MnT had dived into a somersault, and just as the assassin realized he, he was met with a double spring-kick, made all the more powerful by the dashing momentum of the sith. It caught him hard in the stomach, and pushed him up into the air, while MnT flipped backwards into a crouch in the sand.. Trying to land standing up would only have proved a hinderance to his balance, with the constant shifting of the sand..*

*Fortunately for Nemesis though, the constant shifting of the sand also meant that when he hit the ground again, he had to deal with less pain and damage, than had it been a hard surface..*

Nemesis
Jul 27th, 2002, 06:23:32 PM
As the assassin plummeted, his air borne frame vanished behind a tall dune followed swiftly by a brown mist of sand. Several moments passed. Finally, Nemesis reemerged over the dune. His outline, ill-defined agianst the dim backdrop of the cooling desert night, moved along whimsically up the far end of the dune. His weapons had been returned to their respectable sheaths. Upon reaching the top, he causually brushed the remaining dirt from his attire and turned his attention back to the Sith.

"Bravo, Lord Trunks, bravo!" thundered the killer.

His eyes locked onto the face of his foe. Nemesis started down the near side of the dune, all the while retaining his gaze on MnT. With each step he ebbed away at the distance between he and the Sith.

"However, if you wish to defeat me, you will have to do much better than that."

The words still hung in the tepid breeze, when he sprung into the air again. As he sailed in the direction of the Dark Sider, Nemesis' legs passed one over the other in a scissor motion adding a little flair to the kick that landing on the Sith's jaw.

MnT stumbled backwards as the assassin whipped around catching the Dark Lord along the cheek and nose with a stunning backhand, knocking him to the sand once more.

"I may lack any form of Force abilities, Sith, but you will find that I am full of surprises."

Crystal StarRider
Jul 28th, 2002, 08:50:52 AM
Scaling the dune for a better vantage point of the two contenders, the Jedi Knight peered down at the mounting strife. While Nemesis accorded MnT with an apology for his biased opinion of the Sith, Crystal would never make such amends for her bigotry. Aura was the reason she left her clan, disobeying the Council's orders to remain, allowing Aura to face her trials without any interference.

She felt the magnified power of the Sith Master Aura may be subjugated by, would procure her an untimely demise. Though Crystal aspired to steer clear of the hatred for all Sith from staining her soul, abolishing its emotion from swaying her to the Darkside, she would never respect a Sith. They earned their foul institution by the merciless actions enacted on the innocent. If there were a few who claimed to have honor, it was of no consequence to the Rogue Knight.

Her hands eased to the twin hilts, as if she had practice this exercise thousands of times. If the Sith struck the assassin down, she would fight the Sith in his place. Retribution was toilsome to resist. The thought of Aura being slain by the Sith Master, only weakened her resolve never to fall prey to Dark temptations. For now, her focus was on the two men trying to best one another in the contention.

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 29th, 2002, 01:05:21 AM
... I'm Glad to hear it, for I wouldn't have it any other way.. Besides, were I to use my force abilities in this battle, it would be far from fair, and even further from honorable.. If I were to strike you down with a concentrated blast of force lightning, for example..

*He said all this as he rose to his feet, dusting off his trenchcoat in a fashion similar to that which Nemesis had employed.. Turning back to face his opponent, MnT smiled and wiped a small trickle of blood off of his lip with the back of his hand, before continuing..*

... What would be the honor in that? I would learn nothing, other than how much electricity is required to take you out of a fight.. I believe that life is training, and if you participate in a battle you learn nothing from, then it was a pointless battle to have..

*That said, it was time to continue once more with the battle.. Both of his sabers de-ignit, and once more attached to his belt, MnT and the assassin stalked each other in a circle, waiting for an oppurtunity to strike. MnT found one first.*

*Launching forwards, the Sith cocked back his left arm as if to strike, hesitating for just a moment, as he he was going to fake, and strike out with his right arm instead. This was why it was particularly surprising to Nemesis when he found an Axe kick rising rapidly up to meet his chin. The assassin dodged backwards out of the way, but not far enough, as the heel of the risen(sp?) leg hit his shoulder, not as an attack, but as a stabilizer for the Bicycle kick that followed.*

*The dura-steel rimmed boot connected solidly with his chin, although it wasn't enough to but him on his rear. Instead, he simply stumbled back a couple of quick steps. He regained his balance fast, but not as fast as his opponent. MnT was already in his face again, arms positioned to deflect any counter Nemesis might attempt, and a rapidly rising knee only inches from his stomach, even as he realized that he was being attacked..*

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:17:41 AM
Nemesis, using sheer instinct, drove the butt of the drawn blade in his right hind into the rising knee. A thud resounded as the the sword's hilt crashed against the cap of the offending knee. Then, spinning the opposite blade within his left hand, the assassin swiped at the Sith's abdomen. The lackluster swing was not intended to connect, but simply force the Dark Sider into a forced retreat allowing Nemesis to refocus for the next exchange.

"I am gratified to hear this, Dark Lord. Perhaps this encounter will be beneficial as well as honorable." though not completely converted by the words of his opponent, Nemesis had seen no signs of deception; as yet. But trust and combat have never truly walked hand in hand.

Centering himself again, the cunning hunter approached the Sith. His pace was steady and cautious, each foot stepping directly in front of the other preparing for the slightest alteration in MnT movement.

The two combatants returned to a circular movement around one another, waiting and watching for an opening.

Nemesis analyzed the Dark Lord's every action. When the time was right, he struck.

Charging in at tremendous speed, the assassin unleashed a flury of stabs, slashes, and cleaves. Every blow, blocked by the Sith. The pair traded and deflected attacks, feeling out the other's defenses. The clash of steel and energy set the sands ablaze with an array of dazzling colors.

Spotting what appeared to be a possible opening the assassin brought one blade around to strike the Dark Sider's legs, while the other remained in a horizontal protective position parralel to Nemesis' chest.

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 31st, 2002, 04:26:20 AM
OOC: *blink blink* thought Nem returned his swords to his sheathes o_O Oh well ^_^

IC: *Grinning at the attack, MnT forced Life down upon the horizontally placed blade, while pushing off with his legs. The connection point of the two weapons acted as a pivot for the Sith Lord's leap, and one that could prove particularly fatal for the assassin if he did not move out of the way fast enough. As MnT twisted over top of Nemesis, the Assassin ducked out of the way, just in time to avoid having the descending saber blade cut him in half..*

*However, as he rolled out of the way, MnT wasted no time in twisting himself back around in a display of effortless acrobatics, his body spinning both vertically, and horizontally. As such, before Nemesis had time to full regain his balance and focus, he found the grey saber "Death" Baring down on him with incredible speed at an angle from above and to the right..*

Nemesis
Jul 31st, 2002, 08:55:53 AM
OOC: My apologies if I did not make myself clear enough. Nemesis drew his blades right as MnT was bringing up his knee to hit him.

IC:Bringing the left blade up to meet Death, the assassin blocked a potentially fatal blow. The two weapons collided, sending an intense crack thoughout the desolate wasteland of Tattoine. As both men attempted to force the opponents sword from their hand, the two contenders locked into a desperate test of strength.

The seasoned hunter began to search for an opening in the Sith's position. If the men remained in their current placing, the hold would leave them drained of much strength.

Slowly, Nemesis forced his blade upward against the Dark Sider's saber. It was indeed a difficult task for his blade was beneath that of MnT's, causing the Sith to have the leverage as well as the advantage. Finally, Nemesis pushed the saber to an equal standing with his own.

Nemesis' right arm moved swiftly from its place by the killer's side and around the limb which held Death, ensuring to rotate the sharpened sword around as well. The arm wrapped at the elbow, then applying just a small amount of pressure, altered the direction of MnT blade, tipping it toward the Dark Sider himself.

The light hum of the energy neared the face of its wielder until it almost seared his face. Nemesis then slung his right leg behind the Sith effortlessly sweeping his feet out from under him.

The assassin then turned, pointed the elbow, and dropped it into the sternum of his fallen enemy. The point dug deep into the chest, leaving a fiery pain flowing in the body of the Sith.

Nemesis sprung back to his feet, almost falling again due to the soft surface. He whipped his body about to face MnT ,then backed into a defensive position, placing one leg foot in front to stabilize and the other perpindicular in the rear to account for balance. He then waited for the Dark Lord to rise.

Nemesis
Aug 6th, 2002, 01:55:17 PM
The assassin's eyes fell heavy upon his broken opponent. Ample time had passed, and yet the Dark Sider remained where he lay.

Realxing his tense body, Nemesis withdrew from his defensive stance. The razor edge of each blade grazed the rim of his boots as the victor lowered his weapons hesitantly, still anticipating some form of trickery from the apparently beaten Sith.

As the last drops of adrenaline filtered from his blood, he dropped his head in shame.

"You were scarcely worth the effort." his words were barely audible, meant for his ears alone to hear.

With the battle now over, Nemesis sheathed the twin swords once more and turned his attentions to other matters. The ebony hunter had not forsaken the Jedi who was the first to answer his challenge. He only trusted that his minor skirmish with the Sith had not bored her into an early retirement.

He rotated his head, left to right, scanning the the thick black curtain of night for her presence. The night was young and the hunger of a warrior, in spite of everything, burned in his soul.

But had this Light Sider come to seek only a confrontation, or did something more lurk in the reason for her coming to this place. Words from the Sith echoed in his mind...

"...And you, challenger, if you wish to throw about groundless stereotypes as accusations, perhaps you should inquire as to why a Jedi, a Keeper of the Peace, has shown up to accept a challenge to a fight."

It wasn't to say that Nemesis trusted the allegations of MnT, but an assassin must learn early: Give loyalty to few, and trust no one.

He continued his search...

Crystal StarRider
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:56:48 AM
.. . .."I am here, assassin.".. . ..

Crystal StarRider secured a stealthy stance in the shadows, the dune casted over her intrepid facade. Only her blond tresses swaying with the cutting winds of the barren tundra, luminated in the distant vista. Her gaze fixed intensely on the Sith he had recently combated. Had he submitted to his opponent, or was he waiting to deliver a speedy offense against the Hunter? Questions such as these plagued her mind, but not as heavy as the reason she had arrived at these sands of hell, alloting her an invitation she could not resist.

Nemesis
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:34:55 AM
"Does your malice for the Sith grip your soul so?"

The ebony warrior had indeed noticed the object of the Jedi's attention. The assassin's personal experience with the Dark Side was very limited. Until this night, he had known only the stories of old men and frightened mothers that told of a race of beings so vile and despicable few dared utter their name. But this young one, she had experienced their tyranny first hand. For what other reason could one be so consumed with the very thought of their antagonist that they remain wary of even the defeated?

Nemesis turned to accompany StarRider's gaze on the fallen Sith. MnT was beaten, if he truly were a soilder of honor, as he had claimed, he would accept the lose and continue down his own path of life beyond this dismal wasteland.

His ivory eyes returned to the woman. With the Dark Lord's threat now eliminated there was one obstacle still left lingering. Why had she come? Was a contest what she genuinely sought? Perchance more resided in her presence in this wilderness?

Crystal StarRider
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:05:13 PM
Crystal could not help but allow a small grin to etch her features at his question.

"Never will I be devoured by the Darkside. It is the welfare of my cousin Aura that has brought me to this region of decadence. I could, however, use some practice in melee combat if I am to face a Sith Master. I would be honored if you would oblige me with a spar."

The Jedi Knight bowed to Nemesis, a customary gesture for respect of her kind. She did not trust the Sith, even though he pledged his honor. She wasn't convinced he merely gave up the battle, and accepted his defeat.

Nemesis
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:57:54 PM
"I would deam this a true priviledge."

Drawing both blades, Nemesis brought the sword ,wielded by the right hand, to an almost flawless 45 degree arch against his chin, then slipped it to his side once more. His salute was followed by a graceful bow.

He felt her ambition of recovering the lost cibling to be quite remarkable. His cold heart was moved further, by her desire to train prior to the quest. All to often man is deceived through emotions. They cloud the mind and hide discretion. The Jedi was different. In the place of blind anger, she used reason. She found her training to be somewhat lacking and therefore in need of assistance.

The pair of weapons rose to waist level, each tip climbing just above the forehead. He then moved the insides of each heel closely together. A few minor rotations of his wrists and swords losened his tendons and muscle for the challenge. He positioned his body and the battle was ready to commence.

Crystal StarRider
Aug 11th, 2002, 09:18:13 AM
Almost mirroring Nemesis' gesture, Crystal unclipped her regular saber elevating the hilt to forehead level in a salute to her contender, snapping it downward, afterwards capitulating into a bow. She then stepped back several paces, releasing her spare hilt on the adjacent side of her belt. Two plasma lances of electric blue and neon yellow boiled forth from their projectors, following with a buzzing hiss upon activation.

With her right foot well advanced of the other, she erected her right blue saber, its barbed tip pointed almost vertically at 11:00, the hilt above shoulder height, while the left yellow core was positioned downward diagonally before her lower torso. The Jedi Knight nodded to her opponent, her features betraying no hint of emotion, as she focused on the upcoming battle at hand.

..."Assassins first."...She spoke candidly to the assassin.

Nemesis
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:49:30 AM
"As you wish."

The sand about his feet was scarcely disturbed, as the assassin charged toward his opponet, halting only a foot from her. He let fly a series of slashes with the right blade. He began feeling out her defenses, analyzing the extent of the Jedi's talents, all the while backing his contender to the edge of the dune's slope.

She blocked and parried every attack, as was expected. The Light Sider was skilled, but she was correct in seeking a challenger to sharpen those skills against. For if a Dark Lord is who she pursued, then StarRider was not yet prepared.

Now came a true test. Backing off, only momentarily, he spun counterclockwise, holding the left blade at waist level and outward to cut across the challenger's midsection. In the same movement, Nemesis brought the right blade along side his neck with the tip aimed at the woman. Once he completed the rotation, the warrior thrust his right hand forward at her head.

Crystal StarRider
Aug 12th, 2002, 11:45:52 AM
Prepared for a consecutive assault, but noting the danger the close proximity entailed, the Jedi Knight maneuvered her left saber before the leftside of the attacked area of her midsection, swinging it west, the hilt positioned vertically, offsetting his strike away, while she speedily stepped right then back following his rotation, executing her right saber to address the simultaneous attacks, snapping her right blade down, colliding against his right blade with a quick flick of a practiced wrist, avoiding the collision of both his and her blades in the delicate process. This action threw both swords off their intended trajectories, while opening up more distance between them, allowing his swords to pass before her unscathed. He nonetheless caught her with a right jab after his spin, that sent her spiriting off her feet.

The adept assassin was on her like a hornet whose nest was disturbed, as Crystal rolled to her right, her sabers away from her, barely missing a stab to her chest by his right sword, using the time to regain her faculties. Spars such as these weren't to be taken lightly, as any mistake could ensue with a serious wound. Shooting back up to her feet, Crystal maintained a 1/2 meter distance between them as she stepped right, and activated into a pivot, spinning to her left 90 degrees, her right blade navigated to sweep behind Nemesis. Her meter long blue blade was zeroing in on his lower vertebrae in a crescent arc, as the 1/4 turn afforded her the opportunity at his vulnerable aft side region.

Nemesis
Aug 12th, 2002, 12:25:19 PM
She was good, very good. However, the Knight had committed far to early to a single move. With a speedy twist of his wrist, Nemesis modified the hold he had on the left sword to a reverse grip and brought his weapon against her own.

Blazing colors lept from the two blades. Such force backed the assassin's blade that the Jedi spun in the opposite direction and came to rest with her back to the enemy.

He placed his right heel along the small of her back and, with an almost playful shove, sent her tumbling down the pint-size slope. The experience was not meant to harm the Light Sider, given the reality that the pair still fought on sand.

The hunter followed in suit, walking methodically down the dune's side. Now standing directly front and center of the place her fall had ended, Nemesis peered at the woman.

"Careful, my lady. Simple mistakes will lead you to an early grave." His tone, neither stern nor cordial, warned the Jedi of a possible fate.

Once said, he resumed a galant readiness like unto the one he had displayed at the dune's summit.

"Shall we continue?"

Crystal StarRider
Aug 14th, 2002, 06:58:17 AM
Sitting up from a prone position, Crystal spit out sand from her mouth as she shook her head, dispelling the remnants of the desert loam from her golden mane. She could almost imagine he was grinning behind the guise that concealed his features.

"But of course." She returned with a nod.

Seizing a handful of sand around her right hilt, the Jedi Knight flung it at her opponent's visor, using the distraction to hook her left foot behind his right ankle, affording her the leverage to push off with her right aginst his neighboring shin. As Nemesis was propelled backwards, she jumped to her feet and stabbed both her blades into the ground encompassing his sides. With a smile, she lunged forward with an axe kick travelling towards his lower torso, but was met with a painful concussion when both his boots dug under her knee as he rolled backwards just in time.

Meeting the ground once again he rushed her with two overhead strikes descending over her upper frame. Crystal barely had enough time to call her sabers back, hilt first, as they eagerly greeted her palms. Crossing the beams before her, she was working against gravity as he pressed his blades towards her body, transfering his stance into a kneel about her legs. Sliding her left leg in an unyielding stroke against his right bent appendage, she managed to rock his balance as he rolled left, and she to her left.

"I hate sand." She commented with disdain.

Back up to her feet, and charging the assassin, Crystal halted as she lunged at him with her right barbed lance, its lethal blue end targeting his left flank, while she elevated her left blade for defensive purposes.

Nemesis
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:34:56 AM
Moving the left blade, he cut off the Jedi's advancing weapon to his side. The assassin locked his sword down; dominating her lance, but was soon met with the declining mate from the right. He thrust his free sword horizontally skyward, again falling into a locked stance.

The pair were now in close quarters. With his knees bent in an effort to stabilize his guard from the dual angles, Nemesis found himself face to face with StarRider.

"Jedi Knights throw sand?" He questioned. His voice was tender and almost comical. "You're learning. Now let's see how well you deal with an enemy who is physically stronger."

His arms were still extended obstructing her assaults, when the hunter displaced his own defense on her falling right blade. The Light Sider's own momentum carried her ownward. By then tapping his hilt opposite her own, he added a backspin to the Jedi's motion.

Nemesis dropped low to avoid having his head lopped off by her spinning saber, then plunged his own blades into the warm soil to be effortlessly retrieved when the time came. When she came to a stop she again was back first to her opponent.

He then took hold of both her hilts and hands, forcing her own weapons into a "V" pattern hovering dangerously close to her throat.

Crystal StarRider
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:59:04 AM
"Not bad assassin, but you forgot one thing, sabers can deactivate."

Thumbing the hidden niches within each hilt, she extinguished the twin blades homing in on her flesh, the resplendent cores ingested by their metallic havens while she relinquished her hold on them, releasing them onto the dune. The spar then took on a raw weaponless technique. But Jedi were trained in these forms of combat as well.

Coolly calculating the intervention, the Knight head butted Nemesis from behind which jerked him back as he was momentarily dazed. She completed her assault stepping back with her right foot, an inward jab targeted his stomach employing her right elbow. This was enough to gain the release of her right hand. Crystal then spun out to her left side kicking his left forearm from underneath, which was still securing her left hand, scoring a consecutive extrication. She then spun right, anchoring her left foot into the sand, executing a blinding round house, as her right foot rocketed into his left pectoral muscle.

Nemesis
Aug 14th, 2002, 12:42:35 PM
Impressive, one who possessed both a knowledge of weapons and hand to hand combat. The Knight was proving herself to be a more talented contender than the assassin had originally anticipated.

The kick struck his chest's left side. With blinding speed Nemesis latched onto her ankle using the palm of his right hand, before she had an opportunity to recall the striking limb. He then sent his right leg into a half tilted crescent kick, clipping the inside of her knee which the Jedi was currently using to stand. Once off her feet, with a rotation of the wrist and waist he lifted the woman from the ground.

She hung, upside down, suspended by her own ankle and the hunter's powerful grasp. Tips of her flowing locks brushed against the desert floor.

"Remeber, Madam Jedi, when you war against a larger foe never linger in the same area for any length of time. Or you may find yourself in a strange predicament."

Nemesis released his restraint on the appendage, allowing StarRider to fall, making sure to tilt his arm ever so slightly preventing a possible head first impact.

Ordinarily, fate would have decreed for the enemy to be tossed into whatever large, solid object was close at hand. But, in this particular circumstance he thought it best to toy with the opposition. This would be a covert test of the Jedi's will. For if the Light Side is inhibited by anger, what better way to test her dedication than an attempt at provoking rage. He awaited a response.

Crystal StarRider
Aug 15th, 2002, 06:57:28 AM
Plunging as he released her till the unaccomodating desert canvas inhibited further motion, the Jedi Knight let out a deep sigh peering up at the omniprescent shadow looming over her. Crystal stilled a ring of obscenities that would have compromised her standing as a Jedi. Being a Rogue would eventually try her cultivation in the Lightside as she walked the path in solitude, far from her compeers at the academy.

"Since you are physically more powerful than me, it would be feasible to even the odds by expending the Force. Then again, I would be overpowered by a Sith Master even with the Force's aid. Better to use my wits about me."

Flipping back up to her feet, she scrutinized Nemesis, wondering who this masked avenger could be. He was as skilled as any Jedi Knight, harboring honed reflexes and a keen strategic mind that would rival a Sith Lord. Receding away from his proximity several paces, Crystal expeditiously launched herself at Nemesis, sailing over him buoyantly into a half twist meeting the ground abaft of the assassin. As he shifted to face her, Crystal nailed him with a drop kick to his chest. The ample sized man dopping like the cumbersome weight of Mandalorion battle armor. Crystal squanderd no time diving along side of him, following into a roll till she was lying prone behind his head. She then locked her arms around his neck and cranium, getting him in a sleeper hold to try a bold undertaking at restraining the adroit warrior.

Nemesis
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:50:24 AM
Nemesis felt his air flow being constricted by the increasing pressure applied by the Jedi's hold. He couldn't prevent being impressed by her virsatility, as well as the keen sense of tatics she displayed. Upon realizing that past methods employed were ineffective, StarRider had elected different fighting styles in order acertain her opponents own depth of knowledge and, with all luck, find a weak point.

And yet, this was a form of combat the assassin was very familiar with. The sleeper hold she utilized called for one arm placed horizontally across the enemy's thoat, while the other arm was raised vertically, to add leverage. The horizontal hand was then positioned inside the elbow of the other arm, creating the effective choke manuever whenever the vertical limb was wrenched backward, using the top of the victim's head as a base for the hand. Effective, but alas, easily countered.

He first had to remove himself from his current prone station by manipulating his strength and frame to his advantage, lifting both he and the Knight until the pair were seated on the sand. Then, the hunter, worked his right hand around and up to find her hand rested atop his skull. Grasping firmly, he boosted the woman's hand only a small height from his head allowing for the warrior to quickly duck under and completely out from the antagonist limb.

Once this arm was freed, it fell to side for a brief time. That same instant he grappled her wrist and elbow, of the once vertical appendage, with the usage of both his hands.

By falling forward, he tugged hard on the dual joints and carried his challenger over the left shoulder which, in turn, caused her to release the other arm and land, seated, in front.

Relenquishing his hold on the wrist, he whipped his right arm to hers. Then moved both limbs to the shoulder blades, wrapping his arms around hers at the biceps. Tucking under then through, he clapsed his hands, one over the other, in the center of her spine.

When he tightened the lock, she sensed a burning pain along the arms and neck. Nemesis gave a little jerk so that she might experience the discomfort, but be left without serious injury.

"I congrulate you. Realizing that you were out classed in strength, you employed wrestling tactics. An art that requires more balance and precision than power.

Highly effective on larger opponents. Highly effective that is, unless they too have an understanding of the art. As the case is here. None the less, you should use it whenever the situation affords you an opportunity.

I encourage you to use your force abilities in this spar. You will not always contend with those that are found lacking. Never doubt your skills as a Jedi, even in the face of a Sith Lord. No one is unstoppable, no one."

Crystal StarRider
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:05:08 AM
"It is discernably evident your skills are vast, however, I won't engage the Force in a spar against a non-Force adept."

Crystal rose up to her knees as she cried out from the pain of altering the pose. Dulling the afflicting malady with her connection with the Force, the Jedi Knight employed her powerful legs as she ascended to a stand, with Nemesis following in suit.

"You were never up against a Sith Master in combat. Or have I erred in my premature postulation? Perhaps if I were a Jedi Master..." Her words trailed off as she thought of her cousin.

"I will freely sacrafice my life for Aura's. She is younger than me, and more dedicated to the Lightside. My hatred for the Sith has liberated my anger that had been entombed since my training commenced. It is becomming more an impervious obstacle to avoid. We may even become enemies some day. I feel the abased calling of the Darkside within my dreams, alluring me into its cryptic embrace."

Maneuvering her head close to his, her free hands managed to grab hold of the sides of his taut mask. While bending forward, the Jedi leaned him against her upper back. She then kicked out with her right heel, rigidly contacting with his shin bone, then abruptly dropped to the ground to her left side, as they grappled for the upperhand. The impact loosened his grip on her rendering her free to hand spear him with a viscious blow to his throat as she rolled onto her back.

Nemesis
Aug 16th, 2002, 01:44:46 PM
The Jedi improved with every exchange. Her skills at the art of wrestling were not to be overlooked in the least. Yet, during their latest struggle she had managed to partially unmask the ebony assassin.

He snapped his body to the rear, and stood with his back to the Knight. Short, snow white hair clung to patches of torn cloth. A powerful hand forced out the pieces of covering that were left.

Nemesis reached into a neat incisition on his metalic utility belt and drew back another mask, identical to the one which had been unceremoniously removed. The form fitted disguise smoothly moved into place of its predecessor. With this done, the hunter transfered his gaze to the Jedi once more.

"As to whom I have fought matters not. You need only know, that failure in battle means death or worse. You came seeking a challenge, not my credentials."

Though his voice boomed with an edge of fury, he harbored no ill will for StarRider. His anger generated from his close encounter with the realization of his much sorted past.

His tone softened once more. "You should consider my offer to use the Force more carefully."

At that, he clanked his steel wrist cuffs against one another. The assassin's blades flew to his hands in a flawless straight trajectory.

"I am not without surprises. "

He continued.

"And pray you never turn against me, Madam Jedi. I should hate to kill you."

All the while he pondered if he ever could bring himself to end her life.

"Let us continue."

Crystal StarRider
Aug 17th, 2002, 04:09:34 PM
Intersecting his gaze void of color, like twin slits of snow boring through her very defenses, impelled Crystal to get back up to her feet. The hilts were summoned in her clutches, via the Light Force, as she again ignited their incandescent cores with a spitting hiss casting dual hues of resplendent yellow and blue in their wake over the Jedi Knight's personage.

"And so sure of you to elicit my premature demise, should that time befall me from grace? Over estimating ones skills is a weakness I may have discovered in you, Hunter."

Crystal circled Nemesis, as she halted her motion a meter and a half from his frontal range. Her features were impassive as she drew up both sabers peaked at 11:00 and 1:00, she snapped them down guided toward both his trapezius muscles in a V shape, the distance favoring her an agile evasion from any portending extended kicks.

Nemesis
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:35:22 PM
Nemesis lept back, evading the falling sabers. A plum of sand rose as the Jedi's weapons slammed against the desert floor.

The assassin dropped his twin blades atop the humming energy swords, pinning both with the wielder's own weight. He began to slide his right blade along the Knight's left sword until the Ranger's arm was fully extended. By turning his broad shoulder in toward the contender, he thrust a forceful block, colliding with her upper body.

Though the assault was more 'bump' than 'block', the intensity was enough to compromise Crystal's center of gravity causing her to teeter back. His own swords were raised from his opponents, allowing the lightsabers to follow suit. A dangerous move indeed, for as the owner descended, her blades rose. Had the hunter not locked his arms to the hip and tilted his frame to the side, the sabers may have sliced him into three neat portions. Bringing a gruesome end to the warrior's career.

Nemesis' incandescent pupils rested on the woman who was now back first beside a dune.

"I didn't suggest you would be an easy kill, but kill you I would in the event you ever become a threat to myself or the innocent. Whether or not I am embellishing my capabilities I leave entirely for your own judgement."

He bore a peculiar voice for one whose profession was murder. Despite its depth and flare of militaristic severity, there was a hint of kindness being overly masked as if to hide it from those that spoke with him. So subtle in fact few could detect it and no one ever had.

Crystal StarRider
Aug 19th, 2002, 06:28:32 PM
Regaining her composure, the Jedi Knight deactivated her sabers and secured the hilts to her belt, the twin cylinders swayed in unison against her carnal hips as she laggardly approached Nemesis. Cobalt-blue eyes regarded the cloaked man with a span of fascination, as she wished to learn more of his talents and warrior philosophies.

"Your choice of words betray the confident bearing of a veteran Hunter, yet I see you restrain yourself from inflicting any harm on my person. Surely if I may be introduced to you as a future target, now is the time to seek out your adversary's weaknesses. I am unarmed....draw your swords and deliver a strike on me. I guarantee you my flesh shall not be skived by the edges of your blades."

Crystal stood perfectly still as her lids covered her eyes, the Force of Light perforating her conscious, augmenting her reflexes, senses, agility, and sensitivity to her outer surroundings.

Nemesis
Aug 19th, 2002, 09:59:00 PM
The assassin was baffled by her liberal offer. Did this Jedi truely expect him to unleash an assualt upon an unarmed woman? Perhaps she intended to test the warrior's resolve, believing it beyond his precepts to strike down the defenseless?

His hands trembled slightly, at first, then with more vigor. Every muscle, sinew, tissue, and bone cried out for action; but were held fast, all of them, by sheer will.

Phantasms resurrected in the far reaches of Nemesis' mind. Foreign voices, yet vaguely familiar, rose then evaporated as the noon day sun dries the morning dew. Masculine tones; sharp as nails, hard as stone; ordered, "Take no prisoners, leave no witnesses. DEATH COMES TO US ALL!" In the heart of it all dwelled one word, "NEMESIS."

Shaking spread like cancer, infecting the forearm then the biceps. Soon the disease spread to the chest, neck, and even the head. Violent quivering rocked his body. Then, just as swiftly as the sickness began, it ceased.

The hunter's knuckles relaxed, his fingers gave way to the immense weight of each hilt. Moonlight gleamed from the metallic blades making their voyage to the ocean of sand. Typically radiant twin beams of white were shut out, Nemesis closed his eyes.

"I...I...can not." This tiny sentence, stuttered by the man's unstable speech.