PDA

View Full Version : More Groups?

Nolan Darklighter
Jul 24th, 2002, 10:37:46 PM
I have quiet a large favor to ask. I would like to, if allowed, create one of the following groups.

1. A group that uses both sides of the Force.
2. Jedi that use only guns, not sabers.
3. A group of Mercanaries and Assassins.

Please, please let me create one of the following. More role-playing groups are needed anyway. Consider it.

TheHolo.Net
Jul 27th, 2002, 01:27:12 PM
TTT after moving here for input

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 27th, 2002, 01:38:05 PM
1. A group that uses both sides of the Force

I think that's impossible for a start :|

The other two I don't see any problem with, but it's usually very hard to start up a new group and make it work. Requires a lot of effort :\

Liam Deralis
Jul 27th, 2002, 02:19:07 PM
And I'm not so sure about the 2nd one... lightsabers are the best part about being a Jedi. heh

Lord Gue
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:02:13 PM
Ha! #1, they called Shadow Jedi, A fad I started might I add and have watched it spread to the other boards. Sadly to say this is the only one yet to accept it...

ReaperFett
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:13:52 PM
Getting the best of both worlds is hardly fair. THe Dark side eats away at ones body. It corrupts him. How would the light fit in?

Daren Trevelan
Jul 27th, 2002, 05:30:47 PM
Long story :P

How does one start a group here anyway? (just curious, don't want to start another one, hehe)

ReaperFett
Jul 27th, 2002, 05:39:08 PM
Basically? Just say so. There are limitations and the like, but a group in its base form is some people together. There is more to it mind :)

Liam Deralis
Jul 27th, 2002, 05:51:32 PM
>>Ha! #1, they called Shadow Jedi, A fad I started might I add and have watched it spread to the other boards. Sadly to say this is the only one yet to accept it...

Don't mean to burst your bubble, Gue, but I think that fad's been around ever since SW fanfiction has been.

Lord Gue
Jul 27th, 2002, 06:13:40 PM
Well, I mean I brought the idea here, and it cycled down to TGC and then to TRF....

Daren Trevelan
Jul 27th, 2002, 06:14:42 PM
lol I made up a spin off of Shadow Jedi (yes they're called Shadow Jedi) but they're a bit different from normal I'd say. They don't so much wield the Dark Side and the Light Side, they are constantly trying to form eternal balance in the Force, basically trying to be mediators.

Of course they also do not like it when people succumb to the Dark Side cause that's bad so let's kick all dark siders in the balls.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 27th, 2002, 07:47:47 PM
To start a group: You need four other consenting Rpers to be in your group. Once you have a total of five (5) separate RPers, you just post and say you've formed a group.

And its pretty much a given that using the dark side makes you dark side. You can use the light and not be a Jedi, but you can't use the Dark side and not be a Dark sider. That is my understanding.

We have "Dark Jedi" here, not to say we are Jedi who use light and dark side powers. We are thoughrouly Dark side. No fence sitting. But our idealogies are different from that of the Sith. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 27th, 2002, 07:58:26 PM
You can have a group with less than 5, but it isnt a full-on group

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 27th, 2002, 08:32:42 PM
1). Forget it. We have this one argued out a long time ago. a long time ago and it's continually given the two fingered treatement, cause it's a lot of crap. SADLY, its a POS that is reguritated like last night's fast food. Give up on it already Gue, it will never be accepted here. Fence sitting gives your butt splinters already. I'd say it;s a point in our favor that it's refused here. The Force does not work in a Yong/Yang, it has a Dark Side and a Light Side and the only time you might be inbetween is if your sliding towards one of the poles.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20312

The last discussion on this subject that was held

2) Or you could Join the GJO Warriors then - we have no problem using guns and lots of them.

3) Or you could Go see the Confederation of Independants.

If you feel 2) and 3) dont fit in with your idea of a group, 5 members to be officially recognised.

Sanis Prent
Jul 27th, 2002, 09:57:14 PM
The Confederacy aren't exactly a merc and assassin guild...but they've definitely got no qualms about hiring them :)

Your best bet with mercs and assassins is Sector Rangers / Black Sun :)

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jul 27th, 2002, 10:21:59 PM
Yes, we always need new scoundrrrels. :)

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jul 27th, 2002, 10:25:09 PM
Only because she breaks her old scoundrels :lol

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jul 27th, 2002, 10:29:45 PM
Shhh now. :cat

Daren Trevelan
Jul 27th, 2002, 11:29:59 PM
I find the stubborness against Shadow Jedi hilarious, assuming that they are trying to use the light and dark sides to god mode.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 27th, 2002, 11:38:17 PM
Stubborn?

Being able to use the Light Side and Dark Side of the Force ... sigh ... it really should be one or the other.

I could go into a million explanations but I am tired :)

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Jul 27th, 2002, 11:55:10 PM
We've already explained how its impossible in several old threads. Marcus linked this thread to a perfect example of all the arguments against "shadow Jedi."

Its not that you would use the Light and Dark sides to godmode, its just that being able to wield both sides of the Force *IS* plain and simple, godmoding, since it is for all intents an purposes impossible within the realms of common sense and reason.

If you use the Dark side, you are Dark side. It taints you, it tempts you; once you've used it, why would you want to use the harder to master, longer to learn Light side of the Force? Perhaps as a stepping off point, an untrained person would at first waver between the sides of the Force, but ultimately would fall to either the Light or the Dark.

A very strong person might plant themselves in a neutral point in the Force (theoretically there might be one) but it would take extreme control to be able to stay there and not go to one side or the other. This person, with such a tremendous control of the Force, would instinctively be more Jedi and Light side in their idealogies, since the Dark side is chaotic, and Sith lack control, which is why ultimately the Light side is better.

That was a short recap of all that was decided in the last debate over "shadow Jedi fence sitters."

ReaperFett
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:25:08 AM
I find the stubborness against Shadow Jedi hilarious, assuming that they are trying to use the light and dark sides to god mode

Who assumes? Who said try? No matter what, it IS GOdmoding, no matter how hard to player tries. You cant have the best of everything.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:44:47 AM
To be a Jedi you must deny anger, rage, hatred, etc. To be a Sith you have to embrace all those things.

Unless you are a schizo, or have huge mental problems, you couldn't do that - and even if you did you'd end up destroying yourself (probably both physically and mentally) :x

It's highly oxymoronic :D

Shawn
Jul 28th, 2002, 07:21:07 AM
I find the stubborness against Shadow Jedi hilariousI find your insistence upon using both sides of the Force equally so. The Light Side stems from peace and harmony. The Dark Side stems from Anger and Hatred. You cannot have one with the other.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:08:05 AM
What I could see is a kind of Jeckyll and Hyde Schizophrenia kinda thing...where two completely independent and opposite personalities share the same body. Much like what Dasq said

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:10:27 AM
Kinda like how Dale and Nav would have been if I didn't separate them :p

Taataani Meorrrei
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:12:17 AM
True :)

Lord Gue
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:16:32 AM
Give up on it already Gue, it will never be accepted here.

Meh?
Have I argued about it since long ago? no, this aint my arguement. If yall dont want it, fine by me, Ill just play one where they do, no big woop. Im at TRF, lol....

Alpha
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:49:42 PM
Actually...I was one of the first ones in that kind of argument. :) Remember Gue? :)

Admiral Lebron
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:07:44 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20312

Relevance it has.

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jul 29th, 2002, 03:53:48 AM
Cline/Void dealt with the split personality problem nicely. LD has just dealt with that nicely as well. The abberant personality has been..."voided." ha ha ha ha! ;)

ok anyway....