PDA

View Full Version : The stranger

Kiron
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:05:38 PM
At the door to the bar and grill stood and black clad figure looking for some place to sit. She found an empty booth near the back exit but she could see everything that was happening. As she walked to her seat she noticed that there was something different about this place then all the othe bars and catinas she had been in though out her life.

She sat down ad proceded to observe the happenings in the area in front of her......
She noticed that most of the people were not acting like drunken idiots, even thought she doubted that everyone was completly sober. And it wasn't unbearably loud but there was to much lightess to be someplace where someone drunk to forget there problems.

'This is a strange place,' she thought to herself.

As she sat there contemplating on the atmoshere and waitress aproached her, "Would you like anything?" she asked.

"Yeah, a bloody mary."

"Sure thing." the waitress said departed.

As she waited for her drink she sat there and watched the partons interact with each other with such formality it almost made her sick. "This place is really wierd." she mutterd to herself.

She barely noticed the waitress return with her drink as she sat there in wonder at the whole cleanlness of the people and the bar.......

Zeke
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:10:51 PM
Zeke scuttled in on all fours, peering under tables and chairs. Noticing the stranger, he took a seat.

"How goes the war? Never you seen you around. What's your name?"

Zeke flashed his happy smile.

Kiron
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:15:33 PM
Under her hood, she raises an eybrow at the person who interuped her thoughts. But she somewhat smiles and replies "They call me Kiron. I don't have a real name."

Kiron
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:42:16 PM
"Bounty Hunters only hunt for the trill of the chase, not the money.......well.....only the money."

Zeke
Jul 28th, 2002, 10:11:00 PM
"Neato!"

Zeke seemed too impressed, meaning he wasn't really, but that was fine. He'd met bounty hunters on starships, and had learned much of his fighting ability from watching them duel in bars and such.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 03:24:35 PM
Wei Wu Wei appeared at the Bar and Grill. In the back,he noticed his friend Zeke talking to some new girl. Curious, Wei wakled over to where thye were.

"Hi, Zeke. Who is your new friend?"

Kiron
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:00:13 PM
Kiron looked at the new comer that seemed to be the guy she was talking to friend. Deciding to take matters into her own hands she introduced herself, "I called Kiron. And you are?"

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:03:27 PM
"Wei Wu Wei."

He held out a hand for her to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Kiron."

Wei motioned toward the booth.

"May I have a seat?"

Kiron
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:06:16 PM
Kiron shakes Wei's hand and scoots over so he can sit down and replies, "Be my guest."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:13:54 PM
Wei smiled and took a seat next to her.

"So you are a new padawan here?"

Kiron
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:22:15 PM
Kiron pulls back her hood and looks at Wei straight in the eye and then bust out laughing at the absurditiy of the question. "Me and Jedi??? You got to be kidding. No offense or anything but i would never surrender my life over to be a goody-goody Jedi. And besides you guys don't make any money."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:29:35 PM
Wei frowned at her comment. Wei's family had never had much need of money, so he didn't really understand what she menat by the money part.

Kiron
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:32:59 PM
Kiron notices the look of confusion of Wei's face and explains. "I'm a Bounty Hunter and I've been on my own ever since I was released from slavery. So money is a way of life for me. Without it I can't survive. And besides I need lots of money to keep my ship up and running smoothly."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:46:37 PM
"Slavery? You poor thing."

Wei had a hard time figuring out how people could use other people as slaves. Wei wondered why she had been put into slavery, but didn;t want to ask. It might be too much for her to bear to tell him, a perfect stranger.

Kiron
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:55:51 PM
"Yeah I was a slave in Kessel ever since I remember. But it wasn't that bad." Kiron said. "I did meet some pretty interesting people though. And believe it or not I wasn't treated as bad as some are."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 05:06:38 PM
"Sounds good."

Wei was glad she had not been mistreated.

"Well, I'm glad to see that you are now free."

Wei stretched and yawned. It had been a busy day for him.

Kiron
Jul 29th, 2002, 05:21:27 PM
"Are you tired?" Kiron asked. "You should drink some of this," she said pushing her drink towards Wei. "It'll wake you right up."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 05:27:44 PM
"If it's alcohol, I'll have to decline. I can;t fight if I'm drunk. unless I know drunken kung fu. But I don;t know drunken kung fu, so Im afraid no alcohol for me."

Wei straightenend. He wanted soem food too.

Kiron
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:21:09 PM
"I guess thats one of those Jedi things not to fight under the influence. Oh well." said Kiron and took and gulp of her drink. "Alcohol does wonders for hyperdpace lag for me."

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:25:50 PM
"I'll bet."

Zeke had listened silently to them both for some time.

"But it does kinda make it hard to duel if you're intoxicated. To each his own, I suppose. There's a guy called Bar Bar Drinks, and it seems the more he has, the better his technique becomes. Maybe he know's Wei's missing art?

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 30th, 2002, 06:03:25 PM
Wu Wei laughed. Maybe. Maybe. Wei shook his head and turned to Kiron.

"So, what made you come to our little part of the galaxy?"

Kiron
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:58:42 PM
"Maybe. But thats cool that the guy fights drunk. I would really like to see that and I might actually pay money too." Kiron said.

Kiron
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:00:45 AM
" I'm looking for an old friend." said Kiron. "He's actually the guy who freed me."

Zeke
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:25:50 AM
"Dunno if you'll find him here. Who is he? What's his name?"

Kiron
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:31:17 AM
"Believe it or not he's actually a Jedi and his name is Qui-Gon Jinn." Kiron replied. "Do you know him by any chance?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 1st, 2002, 08:55:21 AM
Wei stared up at the cieling as he racked his brain.

"Nope. I'm still pretty new here, so I really don't know many people, except for lots of padawans."

Kiron
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:43:57 PM
"Damn thats sucks," said Kiron. "Well guess I'm going to have to put my bounty hunting skills to good use and find him."

"So whats it like being a Padawan Learner? I heard that you guys are raised by Jedi and before you turn 13 a Jedi Master has to chose you or else you get sent off to Argi-Corps to be a farmer."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 1st, 2002, 03:16:08 PM
Wei shrugged. "I don;t think that is how we do things at the greater Jedi Order."

Kiron
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:10:15 PM
"Whatever. Thats just what I've heard from my many excursions around the galaxy." Kiron said.

"You still didn't answer my question, what's it like to be a PADAWAN LEARNER?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 4th, 2002, 05:00:25 PM
"Oh yeah. Well, It's just like the way my life used to be before I joined except I am learning Force and not martial arts. OH, and also, I don;t wander around the planet like I used to with my family."

Kiron
Aug 4th, 2002, 05:11:19 PM
"Ohhh the Force. I still really don't believe in it even though I can do some pretty strange things, but I think its because I tried to kill some spice additiced demon or something." Kiron replied. "I will admitt the Courasant is a cool place to explore. Exspecially the lower levels." Kiron gave Wei a cheeky grin.

"But that has suck that you can't wander 'round the planet anymore."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 4th, 2002, 05:14:57 PM
Wei shrugged. "I didn;t mind wandering, actually. Granted, it made my love life a bit dificult, but then again, I never have given that much thought."

Kiron
Aug 4th, 2002, 05:18:59 PM
"Love life?" Kiron mimicked. "I didn't think you Jedi could have Love lifes."

Zeke
Aug 4th, 2002, 05:43:59 PM
"Sure, why not have a love life? If Jedi couldn't have those, we might one day run out of li'l Jedi."

Kiron
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:57:49 PM
"Whatever," Kiron replied. "So what do you guys do for fun around here?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:31:34 AM
Wei thought about that. "Well, we all get together and hang out, mostly. There are some pretty colorful characters around here, so it's never a dull moment."

Kiron
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:21:12 AM
"Thats kinda hard to believe considering the Jedi have so many fricken rules about behavior and showin emotion." Kiron replied.

"I remember in Kessel we use to 'jack some of the spice loaders and race them down the main tunnels. It was fun scarin some of the newbies that just got sent in." Kiron had a far away look on her face at remembering her life on Kessel.

Zeke
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:37:10 AM
"What rules? You should see the parties we throw. If there are rules, I've never heard of them, and they've been broken so many times they're basically ignored."

Kiron
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:39:55 AM
Kiron laughs out loud at the statement Zeke made. "Man you guys are totally different from the way your protrayed out and about in the galaxy. The way everyone talk about you guys, they make it sound like you'll are abounch of monks or somethin'"

Zeke
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:43:11 AM
"Nah, but we have a few of those here. We're just normal people. We like to go out and have parties and chill and do stuff like that. A few of us here like to get drunk every night. Heck, except for our Force abilities, we're just standard people."

Kiron
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:45:21 AM
"I don't think there's anything as 'Standard People' in this universe. I've seen too many strange things to believe that."

Zeke
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:51:43 AM
"Probably. But oh well. You wanna see uptight people? Go talk to a dark sider. Those guys are too bent on world destruction to see past their own noses."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:03:44 AM
Wei had been listening and now spoke up.

"Yeah, Kiron. The Jedi You have seen were probably all serious lookin becuase they were on business. As for the Sith, I haven;t really gotten to meet one."

Kiron
Aug 7th, 2002, 01:01:21 AM
"I know what your sayin man. I rode over here on a the new sith cruise ship and none of them talked to me. And I was snopping all around and stuff and still they didn't say anything. I think they do too much crack personialy."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:09:06 AM
"Do what?" Wei didn;t understand. Maybe it was becuase he was always travelling.

Kiron
Aug 7th, 2002, 05:22:05 PM
"The Sith have some new Cruise ship called the Saiatah High Roller. Its this big gambling place that takes you all over th place. It nice and all but I wanna know how the hell the Sith built that with out anybody knowin' it."

Zeke
Aug 7th, 2002, 05:51:20 PM
"They're sneaky like that. I dunno how or why they did it. Don't really care either."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:26:40 PM
"I am confused."

Kiron
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:51:42 AM
"Its ok Wei. We all get confused sometimes."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:54:14 AM
Wei sighed. "I know that. I was just hoping for a little smackerel of an explanation."

Kiron
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:59:59 AM
"Well from what I gathered from snooping around, what I do best, the Sith thought up a knew way to enslve all of hummanity by creating a pleasure cruiser so no one would ever expect whats going on. Does that help?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 9th, 2002, 02:53:55 PM
Wei nodded. "Yes, it does."

Kiron
Aug 9th, 2002, 03:53:07 PM
Kiron laughs out load at Wei's ablitity to except her typical every-one-wants-to-take-over-the-world explaination.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 9th, 2002, 04:01:35 PM
"Sith would do something like that." Wei siad, not knowing why Kiron had laughed in the first place.

Kiron
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:09:34 PM
"I think the Sith built the ship so they could have one massive orgy." Kiron muttered.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 11th, 2002, 09:43:02 AM
Wei nodded slightly. "Sith are people of hate. No way they could ever feel love," he muttered to himself.

Kiron
Aug 11th, 2002, 11:53:49 AM
Kiron heard what Wei had muttered and decided to educate the naive little Jedi, "You don't need to feel love to have sex Wei. People who are not in love do things like that only for the sake of physical pleasure. Nothing more; nothing less."

Zeke
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:55:05 PM
"That's sick."

Kiron
Aug 13th, 2002, 03:16:38 PM
"Yeah, it kinda is. But its the way of the universe."

Zeke
Aug 13th, 2002, 09:42:10 PM
"The universe is sick."

Kiron
Aug 18th, 2002, 05:17:58 PM
"You're tellin me. I've flow from one end of this universe to the other, and as I said, I've seen alot of strange, wierd, and sick things."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 18th, 2002, 06:34:29 PM
"cool" Wei had always appreciated it when people had been to diverse plaaces.

Kiron
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:12:02 PM
"Yeah, kinda. But ya name it....I've been there." Kiron said.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:57:25 AM
Wei shrugged and looked around. "I suppose I should be going now. Nice to meet you Kiron."

Wei got up and headed for the door.

Kiron
Aug 19th, 2002, 03:53:25 PM
"Yeah, nice to meet you too Wei. I'll probably see you around, but if I don't ; Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo, which means the stars shine at the hour of our meeting. May the Valar be with you."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 19th, 2002, 06:15:01 PM
Wei did not speak, but waved his hand at her. It was his way of saying, "We will meet. Now we go our own ways." it was like Kiron;s own quote, but it meant more to those who knew the gesture's meaning. It displayed confidence in a person's ability to survive.

Kiron
Aug 19th, 2002, 07:38:16 PM
Kiron waved backed a Wei. 'That is the one thing I like best about being so many places,' Kiron thought. 'You see the diversity and simalarities in the different customs.'

Zeke
Aug 19th, 2002, 07:41:56 PM
"Sure do."