PDA

View Full Version : Refections : A time to talk, a time to meet

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:04:02 AM
Behind the double doors of the door that had been Darth Turbogeek's apartment years ago there was an entire semi-complex that would leave the Jedi who had not been in there amazed. The only two level apartment - no apartment was the wrong word, it was more of a command complex - it was huge and took up a lot more space than the entrance would give away. The hall way opened out into a kitchen and conference / dining area, enormous windows looked out over forests, and there was the steel staircase that lead upstaris to the rooms, living and sleeping, recreaction and training. There was a relaxation lounge set and control screens and panels. This was no ordinary set up and in the years DT had used it, it existed as a State Reception area, where Jedi would entertain important guests. Since DT's death, it had been sealed off, until a hooded and mysterious figure dared to break the seal... and took residence. After that point,t he Jedi learned the figure was a Jedi Master named Marcus Q'Dunn.... but mor ethan that, hardly anyone really knew. Bits and pieces of the story were beginning to come to light, but all they really did was to reinforce the mystery and the enigma that was the quiet and scruffy Master.

Into this complex he had taken a room and within as well had settled Helenias Q'Dunn, who some had heard was his wife. A 5 year old red headed girl lived in there, but her name remained unknown. It was all quite out of the ordinary and it probably made some Jedi queasy.

For some Jedi, the riddles would be answered, for tonight, both Marcus and Helenias had invites out to their friends and Padawans to attend a dinner. For some, it would be a welcome to living in the complex, to others it was introductions. Some introductions so long overdue, it was downright rude.

Like Alaina Eldric. It was high time she met her Master's wife and in difference to her, Marcus had asked her to attend early. There would be others, but he wanted Aliana to meet Helenias first and with a chance to sus each other out. He suspected they would both dearly want that.

A knock on the door and Marcus called out to Mr Sheen, the housekeeping droid to answer.

Alaina Edric
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:18:03 AM
The droid opened the door, at at the threshold stood Alaina, looking somewhat windblown. She stepped in, smiling out of her good nature down at the robot before looking up towards where she could see Marcus was seated. This evening she had been invited not only by Marcus, but by another, and therefore the stunning dark haired woman by the Jedi Warlord must have been her - one Helenias Q'Dunn.

The Padawan rose one hand and waved gingerly as she paced towards them. Noting that no one else was here as she surveyed the room, she now wore a perplexed smile.

"Am I early?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:47:07 AM
"No, not at all. I was even hoping you would be early"

The Master stood up and indicated he wanted to join him - and alongside of him stood Helenias as well.

"This is long overdue and I apologise - Alaina may I indroduce Helenias my wife, Undomiel Imliadis?"

Marcus had a belief Alaina could well understand what the last three words meant and he spoke them in the High Language of The Fisrt Born of Arda, Quenya. They meant in Basic Evenstar of Valley of Haven and he carefuly watched her reaction.

Alaina Edric
Jul 27th, 2002, 02:15:00 AM
She smiled a somewhat giddy smile, which grew even larger as Marcus spoke the name of his wife. She recognized what he'd said, though only just - her understanding was a basic one, as she only picked up on words after hearing them many times.

"Oh! I'm so pleased to finally meet you Helenias! I've heard so much about you! Wow, you really are as beautiful as Marcus told me were. Hehe, you have such a wonderful name too, Evenstar, you must feel so special!"

A shallow inhalation and she cut herself off. Again, she was chattering far too much. Her cheeks flushed pink.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:34:13 AM
I arose from my seat as I was introduced, a smile coming over my face as I saw Alaina for the first time.

"My dear, it is a pleasure to meet you. You are as beautiful and as graceful as Marcus has mentioned to me."

Even while I spoek and smiled in greeting, my mind was already in high speed, for my name to her was spoken in Quenya. Then how had she possibly understood it and spoken the name back to me in Basic? I spoke in Quenya to Marcus.

[Have you taught the High Tongue to your Padawan?]

[No] he answered in likewise language [I found her in the care of an old man at Whitetown. Jost Olorin]

I readdressed Alaina. [Can you understand what we just said?]