PDA

View Full Version : A promise kept - Oraidin

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:44:51 AM
There was a note left on the door of Oraidin's room.

Attend to the training rooms at 6pm. Bring what you will need for a spar

The note was unsigned.

Oriadin
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:06:41 AM
Study in the archives had gone well this afternoon the padawan thought to himself. He had good days and bad days when it came to studying. Somtimes he simply felt that he couldnt be bothered or wasnt in the mood but he pushed himself anyway. Mostly though he was really good and enjoyed the reading he was doing. Today was a good day and he felt hed learnt a lot. He was feeling a little peckish now though so decided to call it a day and head back to his living quarters.

As he arrived he noticed a piece of paper pinned to the door of his room. As he got closed he realised it was an envelope adressed to him. He opened it to descover a note.

--6pm at the training rooms eh--

He checked the time. 5-30. Realising he didnt have much time he dashed inside and quickly got himself something to eat. He changed to his slightly baggy Jedi robes, put on his cloak and headed for the training rooms.

He got there but wasnt sure which room to go to so slowly peered in each room one by one

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:09:36 AM
Inside one of the smaller rooms, the Jedi Master Marcus Q'Dunn waited patiently, sitting cross legged on the floor and meditating quietly while he awaited his wife's Padawan.

Oriadin
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:17:19 AM
After peering into the majority of the rooms Oriadin finnaly aproached a smallish room where the familiar Jedi Master Marcus Q'Dunn was sat. Meditating by the look of him. There werent many people in the other rooms and of the few that were there, Oriadin didnt recognise. Perhaps the note left was from Marcus.

He slowly entered the room, trying not to startle the Jedi Master. He knew he would be aware of his presence anyway but it was just manners he presumed. He made a sound of clearing his throat before speaking.

--Excuse me, Master Q'Dunn. Was it you who sent for me?--

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 24th, 2002, 08:26:08 PM
His eyes stayed colsed, as he raised a hand, indicating that he wished for the Padawan to join him in the room.

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 02:10:04 AM
He was just inside the doorway when Marcus signaled to join him in the room. He walked over slowly to where Marcus was, and sat down, crossed legged and looked at the Jedi Master.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 03:37:32 AM
Still keeping his eyes closed, Marcus spoke.

"The Force is all around us. It speaks to us, to guides our movements. When a Jedi fights, he is looking into the Force and the Force is his shield. Now, have you come ready?"

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 04:13:38 AM
Oriadin was unsure as to what Marcus meant by ready so he replied with a somewhat wobbly...

--I think so--

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 04:22:11 AM
The Jedi Master opened his eyes and regarded his wife's Padawan.

"You dont sound like you have come ready."

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 04:34:03 AM
Now feeling somewhat uncomfortable he bagan to sweat slightly.

--Im sorry Marcus, what do you mean by ready?--

He hoped he didnt come across as being thick.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 04:47:50 AM
"To fight" he replied simply

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 04:57:49 AM
Oriadin frowned slightly.

--I have no weaponse of my own, but I am mentaly prepared and feel in good shape.--

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:07:22 AM
There was rattle and a small clink as a light sabre rolled gently to a stop at the Padawans feet.

"Now you are armed. Have you used one before?"

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:11:27 AM
He picked the weapon up and held it in his right hand.

--Yes, ive used one a couple of times. Still learning to use it properly though.--

He looked at Marcus as he spoke and then looked at the saber. A simple but smart looking design. He had used the training room sabers in his previous spars but they were a little well used.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:38:04 AM
Marcus got up and as he did, called from his belt clip the archaic sabre Athona, the unquie designed weapon that was nearly 4000 years old. Longer in design and also in the middle it had what looked like sword shearing guard. It was pointed low and then with a muted hum came to life, a deep red blade that in afew seconds began to colour shift as it did.

The sound was different too. It was more like the sound of a gas burner than the electronic hum of a normal sabre.

"Let me see you use it then"

A training sphere levitated upwards and then unexpectantly fired a low powered bolt at Oraidin's legs

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:06:53 AM
Oriadin sensed something was about to happen and jumped to his feet. A deep blue blade shot out with the common hum. He took a side step to the left and swung the blade down towards the ground. He missed the bolt but because of the side step, the bolt had missed him.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:26:22 AM
The remote hovered, swooped and fired twice more, this time for the mid region

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:31:06 AM
Oriadin swung his bladeout in front and managed to miss both laser blasts. Both struck his mid secton. Its stung like hell but the pain subsided quickly.

--I cannot deflect these. They are to quick.--

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:31:29 AM
Oriadin swung his blade out in front and managed to miss both laser blasts. Both struck his mid secton. It stung like hell but the pain subsided quickly.

--I cannot deflect these. They are to quick.--

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:47:15 AM
Hmmm.

"Only too fast in your mind"

Well, there was the old standby for a situation like this. Marcus called one of the visorless helmets to his hand, and then presented it to Oriadin.

"You use yor eyes too much and you do not let the Force guide your hand. Put this on and try again, this time stretch out with your feelings, sense where the remote is and where it could fire next. Rememebr the Force class and the balls Oriadin, use the Force to feel where the threat is coming from"

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:54:04 AM
Oriadin nodded. He was in control of his body and his feelings. He reached out his senses as he stood in a defensive stance.

A laser shot towards the padawans head. He dodged to the side and held up his saber. Again the bolt missed him but he also missed the beam. A split second later and another shot aimed at his left leg was fired. He dropped the saber in a sweeping fashion, as if it were a golf club. He made contact with the beam and deflected it off towards the side of the room.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:05:29 AM
Marcus nodded.

"Good. You are closer. Continue please until I indicate I wish for you to finish"

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:15:48 AM
He nodded in reply. The blasts were comming out at a steady rate. Oriadin was moving in a smooth motion and managed to deflect the majority of the blasts. Ocasionally he would be a bit stretched to block all the blasts so he dodged them instead.

A blast was fired and before it could reach the padawan, another was fired. He deflected the first laser onto the second. One dispersed off to the corner of the room while the other was accidently heading directly towards Marcus.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:26:08 AM
Quick as a flash, Marcus sensed the bolt coming at him - and with a flick of his sabre, deliberatly deflected it straight back at Oriadin

Oriadin
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:36:13 AM
Oriadin was still aware of all around him and deflected the bolt safely to the side of the room. He was hot and a little sweaty but he was feeling good now. He had loosend up and could feel the force flow through him.

--Im sorry about that Marcus. I didnt mean for it to go towards you.--

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:13:25 PM
Marcus didn't answer. But the sudden turning off of the remote signalled something else was about to happen.

"Defend thyself!"

Like Marcus sweeping in to attack with a sabre sweep at his midsection

Maximas
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:15:05 AM
Delete please!

Oriadin
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:21:33 AM
OOC: Is this an actual attack or a prepare yourself for if you did attack?

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 26th, 2002, 07:59:38 AM
OOC : I'ts an attack

Oriadin
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:28:39 AM
OOC: Thought so, better to check though!

IC:

No sooner had Oriadin positioned himself in a defensive stance, a sweep to the midsection from Marcus flew through the air. The Padawan moved swiftly to position himself so the handle of his saber was infront of his face with the beam pointing towards the ground. He blocked the strike with a sound of clashing electricity.

He hadnt expected an attack so soon but was prepared. He held a strong stance as he waited for the next attack.