PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Old Republic?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 24th, 2002, 01:19:30 AM
Lucas Arts is releasing a game called KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC, which is set 4,000 years before the Original Trilogy, when Sith and Jedi both ranked in the thousands. I saw some preview screenshots, and its awesome. Would it be incredible if a movie was set after it? Hmmmmm.........:evil

ReaperFett
Jul 24th, 2002, 03:39:37 AM
Well, all EU sources dated from back there were made with a big help from Lucas himself :)

JMK
Jul 24th, 2002, 08:31:21 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing that, but not as a movie. At least not a big screen movie.

Zeke
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:23:43 AM
That'd be cool to see.

Ciara Myst
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:24:48 AM
I hope it's ok that I post an idea I had in here. This probably goes more along with what JMK mentioned.

I've read all the SW books up to ... whatever the one is where the Yuuzhan Vong < sp > are introduced. I haven't been able to get past the first few pages on it. I believe it starts with Jaina flying a ship with Leia and Mara in it, but who knows ... been trying to read it for the past year and I just can't get into it. I've also read the comics and the crimson empire comics as well. Love those!

Anyways, just from enjoying the books so much, I had always thought it would be really cool to see the books brought to life.

Air a one to two hour episode on tv on say... Sunday nights from 8-10 or even 6-8, whatever, this is just an example. Start with the Tales from the Republic, Tales of the Empire, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, and Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, then lead into Rogue planet and go on in the order that the books take.

Each episode would end as a cliff hanger that would pick up in the next episode to air the next week. But, the main thing is, they'd need to keep true with the books.

I'm sure that nothing like this will ever happen. Lucas, in my opinion, behaves as if SW is nothing more than a chore for him and he seems to give off this air of irritation when asked about even the last three films that were, and still should be, made.

I'm sure the time and money that would be involved plays a huge factor in creating them for tv as well, but .... he does have his own effects studio and other goodies, so its not like it can't be done.

Anyways, thanks for letting me just state that.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:40:20 AM
Crimson empire...ugh... Vector Prime was good. I need to read some of his forgotten realms books. R.A Salvadore that is.

Ciara Myst
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:57:51 AM
I've been reading The Cleric Quintet series of The Forgotten Realms. It's really good. I've also picked up a book written by George Lucas and Chris Claremnt called Shadow Moon. Has anyone read it? Its based on the movie Willow. I haven't started reading it yet, tho.

Starquest aka AndyR
Jul 24th, 2002, 12:44:09 PM
just about everything from RA salvatore is good. I have pretty much read all of his stuff up until recently. The dark elf series, the cleric quintet, the icewind dale trilogy, the dragons dagger trilogy - just to name a few. All of them are very good.

I would like to see a mini series about the knights of the old republic, but anything that takes place after ROTJ just wouldn't feel right due to casting differences... and we all know that harrison ford wouldn't play Han on TV...

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jul 28th, 2002, 10:28:49 PM
I didn't like Shadow Moon, or the other books made in that series.

Of course, that could just be me. I loved Willow, though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:31:00 AM
I LIKED THEM! I want to read more. :) I was so excited when I discovered that that book Dad had was set after the events of Willow. Of course, Elana Da'arr or whatever her name is turned into a horrible brat in the first one and people were dead that I'd rather of seen alive...but its all very interesting to me. :) :p

Admiral Lebron
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:21:53 AM
I liked the movie Willow. It's one of the best fantasy stories made into a movie out there. If I had to rate my favorite fantasy storys made into movies it be LOTR, Harry Potter, then Willow.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:43:42 PM
You know, LD, dad never did believe me when I kept insisting to him that the Moon books were set in the Willow world, after the events of the movie. Maybe he never saw the movie (which I doubt) and thus doesn't even know what Willow is, but he never believed me.

Really, though, besides the Brownies and Elora and the occasion mention of someone like Mad Martagen, there doesn't appear to be too many obvious links between those books and Willow.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2002, 02:05:34 AM
No, but they ARE. :crack