PDA

View Full Version : Curious....

Feliciana Devano
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:56:25 PM
A woman entered Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. She had decided to take a trip from her new home on Corellia...and visit Arcan. Little did she know that the Jedi Base was here....so she decided to check it out. Smiling to herself, she passed through security and removed a single sword...then found her way to an empty table. A server droid came over and she ordered a glass of water for now. Brushing back a piece of her long black hair, her cyan eyes searched the faces of the patrons. Of course she knew no one....but she hoped that that might change....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:24:50 PM
Navaria watched a new face enter the bar and grill. This one smelled ... dirty.

Standing up, she made her way towards the woman and offered a smile.

"You are new to Arcan and the Bar and Grill no?"

Feliciana Devano
Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:30:46 PM
Feliciana suddenly looked up at the sound of another's voice. A smile crossed her lips as she rose to her feet and bowed in greeting.

"Yes, I am.....I have never been to Arcan before, kind Mistress, and I was curious as to what lay here. I stumbled upon the Jedi Base and decided to stop......"

She said softly, realizing that she was probably rambling a bit. Sighing, she sat down and motioned for the woman to sit as well.

"Please, join me......I will buy you a drink if you like."

The girl said softly, hoping to learn more of the curious stranger who had spoken to her. She was only the third person to do so since her arrival in this part of the galaxy.....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:39:09 PM
Either this woman was naive or just a clever Dark Side user. Navaria was hoping it was the former and took a seat.

"Fortunately you found someone that won't be buying expensive drinks. A namana juice if you please."

Navaria smiled.

"And thank you for the drink. I'm Navaria Tarkin ... what brings you to this part of the galaxy besides finding the Jedi Bar .. not base..."

She threw the woman wink.

"... you said Jedi Base. No Jedi base to be found. Only New Republic officials that like to carry big guns around."

Feliciana Devano
Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:51:14 PM
Feliciana smiled and ordered the Namana juice for the woman who just revealed her name. Navaria Tarkin.....Tarkin? she thought in her mind. Pushing the thoughts aside, she smiled, but then caught the woman's words. Oh man, I just embarassed myself again..... she thought to herself. Blushing a terrible shade of pink, she tried to smile despite her lack of confidence.

"Well, I found a Jedi Bar.....close enough, I guess. My name is Feliciana Devano.....you're a Jedi, yes?"

She questioned in wonderment. What she gathered from the feelings that the woman put off.....she was a Jedi. It was good to meet one finally. Smiling, their drinks were brought. One Namana juice and one water. The woman took her water and handed Navaria the juice.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:12:18 PM
Navaria took a sip of her drink and nodded.

"Yes. I am a Jedi. Nice meeting you Feliciana."

This woman was quite interesting in her mannerisms and the way she carried herself.

"And you find something curious about me, no?"

She held up a hand to ease the woman.

"I did not read your mind. I'm just very sensitive to others emotions. Your surprise alerted me. So, perhaps I can ease your curiosity if you appease mine. What do you say?"

Feliciana Devano
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:25:11 PM
Feliciana had many questions.....but preferred to keep most of them secret. It came as a shock to her that the woman could read her emotions as well. She laughed slightly and took a sip of her water.

"Your last name put a question in my mind.....and the fact that you are even bothering in speaking with me also made me curious."

She said as her cyan eyes searched the woman. In her mind she contemplated telling the woman of her stance in the galaxy....but then she passed, thinking that she would not even consider speaking with her further if she knew.....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:31:57 PM
"Ah, my name. Yes, it does have quite the history you could say. Not all of it pleasant. As to why I am speaking with you?"

She let her hands spread out before her and shrugged.

"Why not?"

Dropping her arms to the side, Navaria began to drum the table with her fingers, knowing full well Feliciana was trying to figure out the Jedi.

"Why not talk to someone that has decided to follow the path of the Dark Side."

Navaria narrowed her eyes and waited for the response.

Feliciana Devano
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:37:30 PM
Feliciana smiled as Navaria spoke. It was interesting to find out about someone new, especially a Jedi. Then the words that came out of the woman's mouth shocked Feliciana...and put a bit of fear into her. She looked away and then nervously her eyes came back to those of Navaria.

"I...I....the Darkside? How could you have..."

A bit of anger stirred within the young girl's heart and it showed through her eyes as she narrowed them right back at the Jedi. She sat back then, realizing that if she even made a wrong move...she was terribly surrounded. Sighing, she shrugged, still wondering how the woman had known that she was Sith.

"Yes, you are right. I have decided to follow the path of the Darkside. I can't help it though...it's just what I am. I would never make a good Jedi...."

She said with a bit of helplessness in her voice. In her heart she just felt that she would have never made it...too impatient and angry now...she herself was helpless. Sitting up straight once again, she tried to regain her composure and not appear weak in front of the first Jedi she had ever spoken with. The most she knew of them was everything that she had read and studied. Fantasic people with a good dream....but it was not something that she herself was cut out for. Peace...it would never happen. She had completely given up on everything except for bettering herself...

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:59:45 PM
Navaria felt the shift of curiousity turn to anger. Feliciana was not happy that she could see through to her very heart. Sense that the Dark Side had alreay latched onto this woman's soul. It was all presented in the blackened colors of her aura but ... her aura was still laced with a certain goodness and honesty that didn't make sense.

"Never make a good Jedi."

She repeated.

"I once thought I could never make a good Jedi too."

With a genuine smile, Navaria sat back.

"But ... here I am. How did you get to where you are."

Feliciana Devano
Jul 26th, 2002, 11:06:11 AM
Feliciana eased up a bit as she eyed the Jedi. She knew that she would never make a good Jedi...so that is why she was Sith. Sighing, she shook her head and looked down at the table.

"My family raised me well.....but then they found out about my aspirations....and basically they kicked me out. They even paid my way to Corellia saying that if I wanted to live a life of destruction, so be it. Life of destruction.....I see no destruction in what I am doing. I just can't be a Jedi......I know it....."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2002, 12:01:26 AM
She chuckled.

"That was all too entirely vague and if you base your life decision on vagueness, then how can you know if you make a good Sith and not a good Jedi?"

It was easy to see that Feliciana was comfortable around Navaria. The Jedi had a way of doing that. Her presence had a way of calming those around here, unless overridden by powerful emotions. She was a subtle being, not wanting to be excessively overt unless warranted.

Feliciana Devano
Jul 28th, 2002, 03:51:16 PM
Feliciana shook her head slightly and looked out the window before taking a sip of her water.

"I have no patience.....I am quick to anger.......and I could never survive under the stringent rules of the Jedi. I'm not a party girl....but I can't be serious all the time. People bother me and for that reason, I could never help a stranger. It's just something that I feel.....I would never be able to be a Jedi.....even thought that is what my parents almost forced me to be. I know who I am.....I know what I am.....and I have to become powerful.....I have nothing else otherwise....."

She said softly, a tinge of regret in her voice. The young woman shifted her weight in her seat and took another sip of her drink....wondering if her answer was clear enough now.....indeed, she had been vague, but telling her lifestory to a complete stranger....someone she just met....well, it did not sound like a good idea. Althought......she felt as though she could trust this woman.....Jedi or not.....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2002, 06:01:10 PM
Her entire focus was on every word that Feliciana spoke. How she said it, were there pauses in between words, did she speak softly or did her voice raise an octave.

The small hint of regret spoke volumes to the Jedi Knight and for that, Navaria's heart felt for the woman the situation that life have given her.

Navaria's keen observation as well as her own abilities to pick up on subtleties were hardly matched. Even with that, it was easy to tell that Feliciana was committed, for now, to her path.

"I hear can't, could never, would never. Forced. That word holds a lot of meaning for you."

She looked at Feliciana. Some ways, her counter in thoughts and beliefs and in some ways, so similar that it was unnerving.

"But, I did not hear won't. Can't implies a chance you are ignoring, won't implies I should not be wasting my time in talking with you."

The Jedi had spoken in complete seriousness till now. Instead of trying to stare down the woman in an uncomfortable tone, hoping for a better response, instead, Navaria smiled warmly. It was strangely infectious but not because it seemed harmful. Her smile spoke of quiet empathy.

"Yet, I like talking with you. Very much so."

Feliciana Devano
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:57:48 PM
Feliciana sighed and nodded slightly, realizing that the woman was right in what she said. She never said "won't"...but in her heart, she knew that if she did...there would be hell to pay...

"I...I pledged myself to my Order....if I broke that...there is no telling what they would do to me. No treason...that is what the woman who greeted me said."

She paused and looked up at Navaria, a smile crossed her lips briefly when she said that she liked talking with her. Feliciana felt the same way about the Jedi...

"I like talking with you as well....already, I feel as though I can...trust you. I...I don't understand. Everyone at the Order speaks of the Jedi as being horrid creatures that are ready to trick you into believing their so called rubbish. But in just this little bit of time...I have not seen any of that. I see nothing wrong with the Jedi....except that our views differ...."

Feliciana could not even call them her views yet...she had no formal training...not even a Master yet. Sighing, she shook her head, realizing that she had let the woman's words get to her heart. She knew in the back of her mind that she was right...but she also could not forget what she knew was her destiny.

"I'll think about what you have said..."

It was all she could say in reply. She was dedicated to the Sith Order....and dropping her goals for life was not on her mind at the moment. Still in her heart she did not think she could ever be a Jedi...so following the ways of the Sith seemed much easier at the moment....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 29th, 2002, 09:18:51 PM
"Ah. The oath of the Sith. I remember those oaths well."

The look in her eyes gave indication that Navaria knew more then what she said.

"And the carnage after those oaths are broken. Still, some manage to escape and live out their lives in any form they choose. Doesn't always mean being a Jedi."

The Order and their ways. Just as bad as the Empire in corrupting poor souls that only have tunnel vision. They don't think of the future, only the moment in which they live. There are many reasons why they choose to walk the Dark Side. But why?

It was quick and easy to understand. Power fell into your lap like rain but eventually that rain turned to hail ...

"I just came across someone tonight that wanted company and wished to provide it. Does it matter to me you walk down a road that could kill you and not to mention, make us enemies?"

She frowned.

"Of course it does.

I can't force you to change yourself.. Only hope that you find what you really want on your journey before anything happens to you. Jedi or Sith. Our lives are filled with peril. One can only hope the choices that we make are good ones when the time comes to pass on."

A laugh came from her lips. It seemed out of place but Navaria couldn't help but find humor in the irony.

"I bet when you talk to your friends at the Order. They are going to say I tried to corrupt you."

Then she grinned .. which almost looked a bit mischievous.

"All I wanted to do was get to know you and understand you."

Feliciana Devano
Jul 29th, 2002, 09:32:48 PM
Fel's heart sank when Navaria spoke of being enemies. She did not want that to be...but with time and training, it was inevitable. She sighed and shook her head.

"I'll be the first one to be different then...we won't be enemies...I won't let that happen..."

She knew that if anyone from the Order heard her say that, they would have had her head that very moment. Looking down at the table, she smirked at Navaria's comment about her friends, then nodded with a smile.

"Say what they will...I know differently. I was looking for company in a Jedi Bar...I got company from a Jedi...and a very nice one at that. I could not have asked for a better evening...."

The young woman grinned and eyed the woman across from her. Could it be that she felt a bit of...friendship...in the air? She shook the thought from her mind, thinking that the Jedi would never have it...and if the Sith found out, she'd be in hot water.

"So how about we toast to....the wellness of each other?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 30th, 2002, 05:26:38 PM
The sadness in the Knight's voice was quite evident.

"You are too idealistic, Feliciana. I wonder if you can keep such a promise. I ... hope, you can keep that promise. I really do."

There was a way but Feliciana was committed to her path now. She also had not done anything wrong so Navaria had no reason to be wary of the girl... Her emotions were open vividly to the Jedi Knight and truth was all Feliciana spoke. All she could do now was voice her concerns and hopefully the girl would come to realize that indeed there was a friend to be found amongst the Jedi and wished her nothing but the best.

To force her, it would damage everything that Navaria had done tonight. There was a kinship that was felt as she got to know her counterpart.

A Jedi and a Sith friends?

It would work... Until Feliciana started to commit crimes against all forms of life ... As would be inevitable .. but Navaria had planted a seed that not all Jedi are how the Sith view them. She offered her friend truth and compassion ... Would Feliciana ever understand that?

There wasn't much left to do, indeed, and Navaria raised her glass to hers.

"Wellness, yes. And the hopes that our next meeting will not be enemies."

Only a miracle would allow Navaria's wish ...

Feliciana Devano
Jul 30th, 2002, 09:20:51 PM
Feliciana smiled slightly and nodded.

"I will keep my promise...."

She said gently. Navaria's comment was interesting. Would she turn into a killing monster? She hoped not...but she knew that the ways of the Sith would turn her into something she was not at this moment. Fel was glad to have found a friend besides the few she had made back at TSO. She raised her glass to Navaria's and smiled brightly.

"Yes....and to friendship."

With that, she raised her glass of water to her lips and took a refreshing sip...hoping that they would remain friends....how much she hoped for that....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:54:41 PM
Turbulent thoughts raced through Feliciana's mind. Navaria could feel it. She was quite torn about how this evening played out and what the future would hold.

Even the Force could not help the Knight foresee how this was going to turn out. Yet, that gave her hope too. The future was always in motion. There was that sliver of chance that things could travel down a different path then what the new Sith Apprentice had convinced herself she was to follow.

"To friendship then."

Navaria smiled, hidden the concern that she really felt. She knew that they would meet again. Things like this meeting at the Bar and Grill don't happen without cause. They were destined to see how this relationship would play out. These were the thoughts the Jedi had as she sipped at her juice, finishing off the toast...

Feliciana Devano
Jul 31st, 2002, 03:44:26 PM
Fel sipped her water and smiled as she set the glass back upon the table. This evening had been very interesting indeed.....and her new friend had opened her eyes to things that she had never known before. They would meet again......she knew it somehow.....and she hoped that she could keep her promise. That is....unless TSO did something to her.

Too many thoughts about this circled the young woman's mind as she sat looking out the window. She wondered what her evening would have been like had she not met Navaria.....she wondered what her future would hold now that she had.

"Thank you for your comapany this evening, my friend.....it means a great deal to me."

She said softly. Though it was put in place for the lack of something better to say....she really meant the words from deep within her heart. Perhaps something more would come from this mere meeting of theirs......only time would tell what lay ahead of the young Sith Apprentice.....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 31st, 2002, 08:20:57 PM
Navaria polished off her drink and set the glass upon the table top.

"Pleasure was mine, Feliciana. Tonight would have been quite dull if I did not trust my instincts and meet you."

She rose from her chair, the legs of it scrapping along the floor in a rather annoying noise, and Navaria stepped around the table.

"I must turn in for the night unfortunately. There is a lot of work to be done in the morning for one such as myself."

It was best to leave her position on the Council vague... Feliciana's new Sith friends will most likely inform her of Navaria's title when she returned home.

"May the Force be with you my friend."

Navaria paused and accentuated the next common phrase she always spoke.

"And may it protect you in all the dark places you must walk."

With a smile, Navaria bowed.

Feliciana Devano
Aug 1st, 2002, 08:07:04 AM
Fel watched as Navaria got up to leave. She smiled gently at her words.

"I am glad that you decided to come and meet me...yes, the evening would have been dull if we had not had this conversation."

It was sad to see her go so soon, but Feliciana understood...she should have been leaving for Corellia a lot earlier...for now her flight would be all night.

"And may the Force be with you as well my friend..."

Her last phrase caught the young Sith offguard. The words hit home and were meaningful...and she took them to heart. "And may it protect you in all the dark places you must walk.". She smiled and bowed as she too rose from her seat.

"Yes...may it keep you and protect you good Jedi...thank you...."

Fel smiled gently and made her way out of the Bar and Grill to head for the shuttle bay where she would take a transport back to Corellia. This meeting had really opened her eyes...and she hoped to speak with Navaria sometime soon....