PDA

View Full Version : Roaming the halls...

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:45:34 PM
Leliarre walked down the halls of the Sith Palace. The 15 year old girl hadn't been assigned a master yet, so she had some time on her hands and she didn't intend to sit idle. She tossed her head to get her raven black hair out of her still blacker eyes. She dressed in comfortable black pants and a black shirt. She liked black. It suited her well.
The girl wandered through the Palace, getting a feel for the place and wondering if she'd meet anyone new on this little exursion...

SashaKovalev
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:50:26 PM
Loud cursing came from the room at the end of the hall where she was walking. Sasha had been fooling with another lightsaber, trying to mimic the one Mu had made him to make one of his own. And he'd given himself a good healthy shock in the process.

A moment later, shoved the box of parts outside the door of his room, no longer wanting them in his sight. This was an improvement, at least, for the last time he'd tried working ona lightsaber, he'd thrown it out the door, nearly taking out Mu Satach - thankfully, she'd been quite aware and stopped the saber mid passage to her head.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:51:39 PM
Leliarre almost chuckled, if she herself didn't know well the frustration that came with the joy of working with machinery. The girl poked her head in the person's room. "Hello... having troubles?" She raised an eyebrow.

SashaKovalev
Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:19:56 PM
He had flopped on his bed and was staring up at the ceiling, his violet eyes narrowed in anger and frustration.

As the newcomer peeked her head into his room, he looked up, surprised, and then his expression actually broke, and he grinned slightly.

"Uh..yeah, you could say that." He replied a bit sheepishly. He stood up from his bed and walked over to her, extending his hand in greeting.

"I'm Sasha." He said, introducing himself.

"I dont think we've met yet..." He added.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:44:48 AM
Leliarre's half-smile appeared on her face. It was rare she smiled outright anymore. "No, I don't think we have." She shook his hand. "My name's Leliarre. I'm new here, in case you couldn't tell." Her smile became slightly wry. Peering down at the parts beyond the doorway, she asked, "So. What were you trying to do with those?"

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 07:33:49 AM
He nodded. He had known she was new, for he'd been here for some time now, and was familiar with most of the faces. But it was good to see someone new - for being one of the few apprentices at the order had been a bit lonely at times.

His violet eyes looked to the box that Leliarre had asked him about. He sighed and shook his head.

"What Im trying to do and what Im actually doing are two very different things..." He commented.

"I was trying to put together a lightsaber of my own."

"What Im actually doing is frustrating the hell out of myself." He added dryly.

"You know anything about putting one together?" He asked, his voice carrying the frustration that he felt with the whole thing. This was his second attempt - and it angered him that he just couldnt seem to do it.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 08:47:51 AM
Leliarre shook her head. "I'm good with machinery, but I'm not familiar with lightsabers yet." She shrugged. "Lightsabers... they seem like more than mechanics to me. Something else. But then, as I said, I'm not too familiar with them, so I wouldn't know." She tilted her head consideringly. "How many times have you tried this?"

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:05:53 AM
He nodded in understanding. It was more than mechanics. There was something more to it. And he still didnt know exactly what it was.

He sighed.

"This is the second time I've tried. The first time, a few months ago, I took it apart and put it together three times and it still didnt work. This time I've only put it together twice." He shook his head, and stared at the box of parts for a moment.

And then he looked to Leliarre.

"So what do you think of the Sith order so far?" He asked, stepping back a bit and inviting her into his room.

It was relatively neat for a guy's room. He didnt have many belongings, so it was easy to keep them contained in a relatively small messy area - behind the closed doors of his closet.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:57:39 AM
Leliarre stepped in, smiling slightly. "I like it here so far, but I haven't really been here long enough to have a strong opinion yet." She sighed. "I don't even have a master yet." She shrugged and looked at Sasha. "Who's your master?"

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 10:50:50 AM
(ooc: By the time this thread happens, his master will have been switched to LV - its in process right now through a series of events in other threads)

He could sympathize with her not having a master - he'd been on his own much of his time there, for his first master, Lord Dyzm, had been away much on business, and it had not been matters that could involve his apprentices.

"My first master was Lord Dyzm." He replied, his violet eyes gazing evenly at her.

"But Lady Vader is my master now." He added. He respected and admired Lady Vader. They had formed a sort of bond during his time there, and she had taken him under her wing to a certain degree. And then, when he'd made a very big mistake, she had been the one to make him pay for it - and now she was the one who would continue his training - continue the education that had begun when she had required him to sever his left hand from his arm by his own lightsaber to pay for the mistake he had made.

"Did they tell you when you might have one?" He asked, his voice slightly hopeful for her. He knew what it was like to train on his own and grow frustrated, and he did not wish this on his fellow bretheren.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 02:49:58 PM
Leliarre shook her head and sighed, a frustrated, annoyed sound. "No, they haven't." The girl fidgeted with a strand of her hair. "What about you? What do you think of this place?"

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 02:54:49 PM
He sighed. He understood her frustration. BUt there was nothing he could do. He still had much to learn himself.

But her question of how he liked it, well, that was soemthing else.

He tossed a few logs onto the fire, as they spoke, warming the room, for it was an oddly cool day outside for the time of year on Corellia.

"Im very happy here." He replied. It was enthusiatic as he said it, it was instead determined, almost defensive and protective. He had just lost his hand for this place - for the order - clearly he was quite happy there.

"Do you have a family?" He asked, seemily from out of no where. But he asked more to illustrate a point he intended to make.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 03:08:11 PM
Leliarre paused, then shook her head. "No." She said simply. "They're dead." Her hands, which were suddenly balled into fists and her eyes that suddenly glinted with anger showed clearly enough what she felt about that. Taking a deep breath and burying her anger inside her to deal with later, she asked, "You were saying...?" sensing that he was going somewhere with this.

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 04:58:16 PM
He nodded, and then stared at her for a moment longer with his violet eyes before he continued.

"A few months ago, when I first came here, that would have been my answer to the question as well. I dont know who my father is and my mother died a year ago. But I have a family."

He looked to the fire for a moment - the same fireplace where he had thrown his hand that Lady Vader had made him sever and burn for the Sith Order. And then he looked back to Leliarre.

"You'll see...." He added, an odd quietness to his voice.

"Just give it time..." His words closely echoed those of Shenraun, the dragon in the gardens. Shenraun had told him to be patient, had told him that in time things would come, and now he was beginning to understand fully the wisdom behind these words.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:25:45 PM
Leliarre tilted her head slightly, curiously. At the edge of her mind she was picking up things coming from him, but she didn't have the training to tell exactly what they were yet. At last, she nodded. "I hope so." She was slightly impressed - Sasha obviously knew what he was talking about.
Then, she half-smiled again. "Keep being patient with that lightsaber you're building and that should turn out okay too." She winked partly joking, partly meaning it. "If machines ever taught me anything, it's that you have to be infinitely patient with them... though, like I said, it is more than a machine. But I'm sure you'll figure it out. You seem like a smart fella."

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:50:28 PM
As she told him to be patient with his lightsaber, he finally grinned. He shook his head in disbelief.

"I can only hope I'll get that lucky..." He answered, for he wasnt sure he'd ever have enough patience to get the damnthing to work. And then took a seat on the edge of his bed.

"So have you met any of the others yet?" He asked.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:33:00 PM
Leliarre shrugged. "I've met Nusakan... and I did a training excercise with Lord Dyzm. Live Wire I met my first day here... that's about it. And you." She smiled slightly.

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 07:12:15 PM
He thought for a moment. He hadnt yet met Nusakan - but Lord Dyzm, and Live Wire, he knew.

"How did the training exercise go?" He asked, grinning slightly at the memories of his first few training sessions with Lord Dyzm. He pushed aside a few pieces of lightsaber that he hadnt yet tossed into the box outside, and picked one up, playing idly with it as he spoke with her.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 07:53:58 PM
She tilted her head. "Interesting." It was impossible to tell if she was being sarcastic, wry, or serious.

SashaKovalev
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:22:29 AM
He raised an eyebrow, as if to question what she meant by her response.

"Interesting...?" He questioned, his voice carrying the fact that he wasnt sure what she'd meant by her one word answer.

"What happened?" He asked.

Leliarre Nightshade
Aug 5th, 2002, 07:43:06 AM
She shrugged. "We learned a little about forcing your will on something's mind. It was... kind of fun." She smiled slightly. The fact Leliarre had called something 'fun' besides acts of violence and working with machinery was amazing.