PDA

View Full Version : Cs

Khendon Sevon
Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:44:26 PM
my clan just lost an OGL match 17-12... we're mad... very mad.

very, very, mad.

Grr... see, I'm mad...

I bought a new mouse and everything! Doesn't matter, we've decided to not make fools of ourselves again and actually play on a map that we know and are good at rather than one that we suck at and had to download the overhead for ten minutes before the game... erm... :)

Anywayz, randomly trying to blow off some steam.

ReaperFett
Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:47:09 PM
Game?

Admiral Lebron
Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:49:00 PM
I just lost a lacrosse game 6-3...and we pummelled these guys last time.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:49:18 PM
What clan?

I'm in [UN1] and OGL is for the dogs, IMO. http://cs.stronger.org is a much better leauge.

If you want a solid pub (which I admin along with a lot of other UN1 guys) 146.20.80.172:27015

Don't spawn camp (unless CT and the bombsite is there, or T defending hostages etc), talk too much trash and life is good. I'm open to map suggestions, too.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:12:44 PM
We're DLP (http://www15.brinkster.com/darklp) this was our first match as a clan ever, so we didn't expect too much, we think we figured out exactly what we did wrong, though, which is good. Our players, skill wise, were better than theirs, they just had this nice little, "lets sit here all w/ AWPs and camp all the entraces and exits" tactic that made it hard to do anything on aztec while we were T, but as CTs we crushed them, they didn't win a round when we were CT.

We have our own server, 67.83.83.146, it runs 7vs7 and can get mad full at times.

Milivikal k'Vik
Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:36:46 PM
Cable modem won't get you into STA =/

"Our servers are located in Sterling, VA and Ashburn, VA. Recon Gamer has GigE to Verio, InterNAP, Above Net and Japan Telecom. From our Gigabit Ethernet connections, they feed directly into multiple OC-48 and OC-192 backbones (2.488 Gbps and 10 Gbps respectively). "

Everyone in UN1 pays dues so we get teh sweet server. Its very nice =]

Khendon Sevon
Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:01:07 PM
lol, very lucky.

The clan I'm in is made corely from people in my town or the one next to it, we only spend cash for minor server upgrades :)

most of the members are cheap when it comes to spending cash.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:45:39 PM
I play the CrAzY servers personally, they have nice rotation, and the leaders younger brother is my friend. They have 2 servers, don't remember the numbers right off the top of my head...

If you ever see me, say hey, I always use the name Stuntman, for the last year or two. Haven't played in more then 3 months though.
But if you want random destruction, play Team Fortress, become a demo, and blow everything up.
I personally played the best match ever with a spy. 43 kills 6 deaths, with a spy, all knife skill baby. Those stupid Snipers just didn't figure out that the waters are a good way to attack for a spy. Knifed one guy 8 times in a row, freaking hilarious.

ReaperFett
Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:40:55 AM
TFC used to be class. I just suddenly went off it though, dont know why. I used to be an Engineer. Make turret, beat with Spanner, Kamikazi EMP :)

Lady Vader
Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:22:53 PM
CS fun. Too bad I have dial up, or I might join ya Morg. :\

ReaperFett
Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:47:27 PM
I have dialup, and I played on his server :)

AmazonBabe
Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:49:50 PM
Oh. Hmmm. Well, in that case, maybe I will join a game. I'm not the greatest player though. Somehow I'm almost oblivious to everything around me, even when I'm being shot at, and yet i still survive. It's the oddest thing.

But first, must get new comp working again.

Cizerack Hunter Forces
Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:53:52 PM
But you have no warfare skill, Rie :)

ReaperFett
Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:02:14 PM
I havent played CS since 1.2 or something :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:03:53 PM
Yikes, 2 hours of downloading updates! Or more, depending on what your dial-up connection is.

What kills me the most in Counter-Strike is the music, I always listen to music when I play. And in CS that will kill you, you don't hear the guy behind you, or the one jumping from behind a crate to blast you in the head....

My Guns I use the most
CT: Sig 550 (auto Snipe) M4A1, MP5 Navy, and DEagle
T: SSG552 Commando, DEagle, AK-47

Milivikal k'Vik
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:04:16 PM
The really big thing to CS is to turn the volume up. Its like half sound.

ReaperFett
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:15:51 PM
Dyzm, I've got all the patches on coverdisks :)

My old CS style:

Deagle

end :)

I'd toy with the semi auto CT sniper, MP5 and TMP (a fair bit), but majorly the Deagle :)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:16:20 PM
Whatever kind of cable you have, its got a very nice stable pipe. I'm REALLY impressed. Just say its a T1 and you'd be cool.

Javus Parr
Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:27:09 PM
I hate it when you generalize, Charley. I really do.

Sanis Prent
Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:18:25 PM
I'm joking! Note the ":)"

Besides, I've only played you at a few things.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:06:37 PM
lol, T1, eh?

We get killer cable around here.

$30/month = 128kps upload 5mbps download and it never goes slower than that

Morgan Evanar
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:19:02 AM
Heh. Silver needs to learn how to cover sites on Dust. =p Thats true for almost everyone who hits that server =/

Darth Viscera
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:46:20 AM
And when he says 128kps, he means 128KBps, aka 800% faster than my own cable upstream, which i pay 50% more for.

And the lucky mormons get 100mbit/s on their DSDN lines. Dangit, everyone's livin' it up on bandwidth except for here in the northern VA/southern MD/D.C. tech triangle, where AOL was born. Even the Swedes have solid 10mbit/s lines at the price I pay!

*mutters, then starts throwing things at people*

Morgan Evanar
Jul 24th, 2002, 11:52:59 AM
Khendon, if you want a scrim sometime, drop by #unknown1s on gamesnet. We usually scrim around 9/930 EST. We aren't the best, because most of us have jobs & stuff, so we can't sit playing cs all the time =p We generally have a good idea of whats going on with the map. =]

Khendon Sevon
Jul 24th, 2002, 04:54:44 PM
lol! You saw Silver? That's great, he's a funny guy, not the best, but a funny guy.

I'll tell our leader about that, he'll be happy, we've been looking for groups to scrim with.

If you see -[DLP]-Good & Plenty that's me.

Most of the players on our team have no life, so we're lucky :) or they have natural skill.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 24th, 2002, 08:40:28 PM
Damn, your IRC channel is vacant. Populate it =p. While you're at it, drop by #unknown1s

Khendon Sevon
Jul 24th, 2002, 10:14:43 PM
lol, yeah, we never have anyone in the IRC channel unless it's a couple hours before a match, then we have the entire clan in there talking strategy and screaming their heads off, all in all, it's a lot of fun.

I'll stop by later when I'm at the clan leader's house (as I said, a large amount of the better players in the clan come from my town or the one next to it)