PDA

View Full Version : A room with a view

Nusakan
Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:01:19 AM
Loud thud after thud echoed throughout the hallways of the palace as one of the newer apprentices made his way through the passages towards the room he had been assigned to. A smirk played on his lips as he surveyed his surroundings, a regal air about his very presence. After a short distance and only a few moments walking he came to the living quarters and turned into them, pushing the door open with his tri-clawed hand.

His dark yellow eyes blinked somewhat. The room was stark, with little in it, yet it looked out across what appeared to be a great valley. Nusakan strode forward, silent, and looked out onto the land, careful not to knock his head against the low (for him) roof.

Looking back away from this, he turned towards the open doorway; someone was approaching.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:09:05 AM
Leliarre peeked in the doorway. "Hello. New here?" She inquired. She leaned casually against the doorframe, dark eyes veiled and reflective as always. She tucked a few strands of her raven black hair behind her ear. Seeing the window, she added, "That's a very nice view."

Nusakan
Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:11:58 AM
It would have been over exagerrating to say he was startled, but to say he was a little suprised would have been accurate.

"New, yes," came his first sonorous reply, the augmentations on the sides of his head pressing inwards against his skull somewhat.

At the reference to the view, he turned to look over his shoulder out at the scene, nodding very faintly.

"You are new to this place also then, I take it?"

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:02:36 AM
Leliarre nodded. "Yes. I am." Stepping further into the room, she said, "I'm sorry if I startled you, but I don't really have much to do, since I don't have a master yet." The fifteen-year-old's voice was almost monotonous. She tried to sound apologetic, but she couldn't manage it. Because she wasn't, really. Even if she was, she would have had to struggle to sound truly sorry. "Do you like it here so far?"

Nusakan
Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:19:24 AM
From his hulking height of 6 foot 7, he peered down at the girl. His lips pursed and he gave another slight nod.

"I have only just arrive, so have no yet had time to formulate an opinion, though it does seem ... welcoming."

He leant back against the window sill - causing it to groan under his weight - and closed his eyes.

"And you?"

A pause.

"... What is your name, I cannot decipher it from your mind."

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:05:13 AM
Leliarre tilted her head slightly, consideringly. "My name is Leliarre Nightshade." She laughed slightly, though it was a sound and nothing more, containing no real mirth. "Well. Like you, I haven't been here long enough to say... I like it here, though. So far."

Nusakan
Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:39:43 AM
"Leliarre, I am Nusakan."

No pleasantries attached but the sentiment that he was pleased to have met her was laying dormant somewhere.

"... Is this the first darkside brotherhood you have been within the ranks of?"

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:42:13 AM
Leliarre nodded. "Yes. I've used the Force before, a little, but I've never actually been trained. And you?"

Nusakan
Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:12:34 PM
"I have dabbled within the confines of my own home, but never have I set foot in an Order,"

One clawed hand gestured outwards.

"I am eager to begin training with a Master, though I assume that there are not available at this moment... a shame."

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:41:23 PM
"Indeed." Leliarre studied Nusakan for a moment, before speaking again. "So. Where are you from, do you have any family, what are your interests... etcetera?" Her lips quirked at the corners in a half-smile, for Leliarre never smiled outright.

Nusakan
Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:04:35 AM
"I have no family, they all died long ago."

He said this with no remorse or hint of sadness, it was apparent that in his long life he had dealt with and gotten over the passings.

"My interests... hrm... armour. I collect it."

One arm gestured outwards, showing a bracer - a piece of forearm armour that stretched from his wrist to his elbow - which looked like it had been crafted thousands of years ago.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:51:22 AM
Leliarre's coal black eyes looked the armor over with interest. "Very nice."
She then blew a slight sigh. "As for me..." She ran a hand through her raven hair, then brought her hands casually into the pockets of her black pants. "My parents are dead, and my brother." Leliarre's eyes and voice were emotionless as always, but in her pockets her hands tightened into fists. She wasn't over their deaths, not by a long shot. She shrugged, somehow an angry gesture, and her eyes grew colder (if that was possible), the only things that outwardly conveyed her feelings.
"Anyway. My interests..." Her head tilted again. She folded her arms in front of her. "I like building things." She half-smiled again. "Mechanical things."

Nusakan
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:33:01 AM
He quirked one eyebrow.

"Vessels?"

Nusakan knew very little of ships and crafts, as his childhood had consisted of what some would call a backward upbringing, away from a lot of technology.

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:45:00 AM
Leliarre shook her head slightly. "I'm not THAT good yet... but I can repair most ships. I pretty much lived in space." She shrugged. "I like building mostly small things. Once I built a robot." She smiled a little at the memory, but only momentarily.

Nusakan
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:46:46 AM
"I imagine that was a pride filled accomplishment for you," he said in a monontone voice that would have sounded mocking, but was intent to be sincere.

"I can craft weapons, but that is the extent of my ability to make things... unless you count mangling bodies as 'making' something."

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:49:57 AM
Leliarre laughed a little. "I've made weapons before... and I wouldn't exactly call mangling bodies making something... more like destroying something..." She grinned slightly, more strongly than usual. A slightly wicked grin. "I like doing that too."

Nusakan
Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:00:11 AM
"Fleshcrafting.."

He rose one cloven hand to point towards his face.

"Many find my visage unpleasant, so I make their face into a copy of mine. It is a shame they often die during the process, leaving them unable to see they have become what they hate so fiercely."

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:03:40 AM
"A shame, indeed." Leliarre said. "It takes away much of the poetic justice and irony."

Nusakan
Jul 24th, 2002, 02:46:37 AM
"Quite."

He curled his claws inwards, smiling thinly as he watched the sharp crimson spikes.

"Still amusing though."

His eyes slid upwards.

"You do not look old for a human, what age are you?"

Leliarre Nightshade
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:48:58 AM
"15 standard years." She smiled a little. "Not old at all for a human."

Nusakan
Jul 25th, 2002, 03:46:31 AM
"For my race, that is early infancy."

Nusakan nodded lightly, "I am almost 70 years old... but this is considered only to be early manhood."

Leliarre Nightshade
Aug 5th, 2002, 07:45:08 AM
Leliarre's eyebrows raised slightly. "Really? That's usually about as long as my kind lives." She chuckled a little. "Usually."