PDA

View Full Version : Drive in theater Question .

BUFFJEDI
Jul 21st, 2002, 09:13:43 PM
Saturday night I went to drive in, in Mt airy N.C. That's Mayberry N>C to all you Andy griffith fans. Well anyway , The admission was 6 dollars for two movies. The two movies were Spider crap man and Halloween 8. Does anyone know hw they will split the money ?( I'm sure they will give the entire 6 in spiderman favor ;) ) but it's not fair to Halloween 8 due to the fact it's new and Crappie-man is on it's way out, meaning if they split it down the middle.

Btw: I got there late on purpose so I would only have to see the last 15 minutes of Spider-crap and I for the life of me STILL can't see how in the hell it did over 400 mil IT SUCKS SOOOO BAD.I could have drawn better special effects with a pack of crayola's and my feet :(

Admiral Lebron
Jul 21st, 2002, 09:36:53 PM
Yeah Spidey sucks. I think it goes 2 to spidey, 2 to Holloween, and 2 to the theater.

JonathanLB
Jul 21st, 2002, 09:58:15 PM
I don't agree with you Buff, but LOL anyway ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 21st, 2002, 11:32:14 PM
Drive-ins are fun.... only one remainng in Sydney now tho :(

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:15:15 AM
The last Drive-In in my town closed about 5 years ago. I still miss it. The ending of that era is kind of sad. I used to have so much fun as a kid, when we went. :)

JMK
Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:21:36 PM
I've never been to a drive in and I can't even think of where they had one around here in the past.
And sorry Buff, I usually take your word as gospel, but I enjoyed Spidey too. :D Except for one sequence where Spidey & Green Goblin looked more like something out of Power Rangers.

JonathanLB
Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:32:18 PM
Yeah I've never been to a drive in nor have I ever seen one. We don't have them here. I don't know where they used to be but they must have closed a decade ago anyway.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:42:31 PM
There is a drive in about an hour and a half from house in Baltimore. It's big...

JMK
Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:11:12 PM
Now that I think about it, drive-ins are really not much use here. I don't know how it works in other climates, but here, they would only be good from sometime in may until october when it begins to get too cold at night. I would think alot of places in the U.S. have them open 12 months of the year. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just don't know how they work.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:56:17 PM
If I recall correctly. ours would open in mid-April and stay open until the end of October. Made for some great cuddling in the cooler evenings of fall :angel

;)
;)
;)
;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:28:03 PM
Drive-ins can be a real lot of fun and quite a social event. The one in Sydney is open all year and in summer, it's a great way to see a movie.

Pity that they usually have some appaling bit of crap before the main movie. Oh well, when you have a nice lady in the car with you.... who cares?

Admiral Lebron
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:05:04 PM
We usually have 3. I saw Ever After, Theres Something about mary, & Snake eyes. Snake Eyes was just too confusing for me to comphrehend at like 2 AM. . .

JonathanLB
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:29:01 PM
I really like Ever After. That's on my list of "Great Chick Flicks," hehe. Then Snake Eyes was better than I thought it might be. Not very good, but it was pretty good I guess. I like the realistic ending. Cage is like, "Oh well, at least I got to be on TV." lol, that is a great line.

"great cuddling in the cooler evenings of fall"

With who?!?! I guess I could bring my cat... but that just seems wrong. ;)