PDA

View Full Version : Obligation of Duty - Salemn Lysce

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:30:13 PM
The Council Chamber was completely vacant except for one Jedi Knight that stood in front of the immense glass wall. Her eyes were focused outside at the beauty that surrounded her. The trees, the mist that blanketed the jungle, and the simple sounds of the animals that filtered through ...

It was a way of calming her mind and preparing herself to do her duty as a member of the Jedi Council.

She waited until the Padawan that was called came forth, silently and motionless .. Her thoughts dwelling on the information that Warlord Q'Dunn had given her ...

Salemn Lysce
Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:54:24 PM
The doors to the Council Chambers were pushed open as a girl strode in, brown eyes glancing about. They landed on the person who summoned her - Navaria. Chewing slightly on her lower lip, Salemn took a place besides the Jedi Knight, clasping her hands behind her back. She decided to remain silent until spoken to, and just stared out at the scenery that folded before her.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:10:31 PM
Moments passed as nothing was said between them. Each Jedi, Padawan and Knight, stared out into the vastness of Yavin's jungles. Enjoying the view in their own way.

Finally, Navaria broke the silence with a deep intake of breath and looked over at Salemn.

"You need not be nervous, Salemn, nor wait to speak until I start. Something to remember for the future."

Leading the Padawan by placing a friendly hand on her shoulder, she began walking towards the middle of the room.

"As to your summons. Something has been brought to my attention."

She stopped and folded her hands, resting her hands upon her leather belt.

"We have recently lost contact to one of our colonies within the New Republic. Regeren IV has not contacted the Jedi in over a week. Normally, our colonies and fellow planets within the New Repulic check in regularly. They have not."

Salemn Lysce
Jul 24th, 2002, 10:32:59 PM
She frowned. Obviously this news was not good.

< What do you believe has happened ? >

Crossing her arms, the Padawan began to skim through the different possibilities in her mind.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 25th, 2002, 08:53:17 AM
"We are not sure."

The frown on Navaria's face was long and full of thought.

"Which is why we want someone to go to the colony and assess the situation, then report back."

Her face became quite serious as she looked at Salemn.

"You feel up to this mission?"

Salemn Lysce
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:05:48 PM
< I am always ready to help the Order in any way I can. >

From the sound of it, the mission would probably be dangerous, but she was honored to be the one asked to help.

< When do you wish me to leave, so I may begin the investigation ? >

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 25th, 2002, 09:57:52 PM
"As soon as you can."

Navaria picked up a datapad that was near her council chair and handed it to Salemn.

"These are the coordinates of the planet and where the colony is located. The colony mostly produces frame work and some electronic equipment to furnish the ships of the New Republic. It is near the ocean because it was the flattest area to build the colony and provided a good place to build a landing pad.

The head Foreman goes by he name of Jenish Kitarl."

Salemn Lysce
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:15:23 PM
Taking the datapad, Salemn nodded at Navaria's words. The information digested itself quickly in the girl's mind.

< Is there anything else I should know ? >

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2002, 12:11:19 AM
"I believe that should suffice and besides ... that is all the information we have. It is up to you now to find why the colony hasn't radioed us."

Navaria bowed to Salemn.

"And as always, May the Force be with you and protect you in the dark places you must walk."

OOC~ checka your PM :)

Salemn Lysce
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:00:04 PM
< And may the Force be with you. >

Returning Navaria's bow, she turned and walked out of the Council Chambers. She would respect her Elder's decisions and find out why the colony hadn't contacted them, no matter what Darkness laid in her way.