PDA

View Full Version : Council Election - Q&A

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 08:51:51 AM
Anything note related to the voing goes HERE. All questions and concerns are to be posted in this thread. The council vote thread is to be used solely for casting, and possibly editing, your choices for the new Jedi Council.

If you have any questions that need to be asked of possible candidates... ask them here as well :)

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 09:16:13 AM
Okay, this is not really a question for myself....I know it will come up, it did last time. You cannot vote for yourself.....correct? I mean, that's tacky, ya know? I just wanted to make sure I was right in my assumption! :D

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 10:53:53 AM
There is no rule that says you cannnot vote for yourself but yes, not look favorably upon :p

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 10:55:36 AM
Okieday! Thankies Nav! :D

Estelle Russard
Jul 21st, 2002, 02:18:27 PM
Is there a list of candidates? Is there a rank stipulation?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 21st, 2002, 02:25:39 PM
I'm curious as to how long one has to be a Knight before they qualify to be nominated.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 21st, 2002, 02:29:31 PM
a) All Knights and above are eligible

b) There isn't really a time stipulation, use you judgement. I perspnally would not elect a newly promoted Knight, I would wait at least one election. But again, no fixed rule, use your judgement

Please note b) - is a personal opinion.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 04:36:02 PM
Yes, I was newly promoted last time...and most everyone agreed with Marcus....and after much time, I too have come to agree with him. It is for the best, I wasn't ready then, but I am now. :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:08:52 PM
Newly promoted Knights would be besides Dasquian?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:10:19 PM
Hmm.........Maia is a new Knight as well.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:11:14 PM
Maia and Dasquian ... Would Estelle count as well?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:15:12 PM
She was promoted like, right after me. :lol I dunno......I wouldn't think so....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:19:26 PM
I couldn't remember.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:19:36 PM
No, Estelle I would count as being fine. Maia and Dasquain, not yet

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:25:18 PM
Okay, I was right then. :lol I think my post was a little fuzzy...I meant, I didn't think that she should be excluded. :)

EDIT: Is anyone else having problems with the LOL smiley?? I am......... :(

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:31:23 PM
It failed due to Xazor's overuse.

BTW, when is the last day votes are accepted and what is the procedure if we which to change?

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:32:43 PM
not sure what you mean in the last part of your question but I answered the first part in the council voting thread. Midnight Aug 1st

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:06:15 PM
If say I wanted to change a vote, what is the procedure for that? Just edit and make a note?

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:11:33 PM
Yes .. and make a nice big EDIT for me to see :p

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:14:57 PM
Rightio - and also one thing you should do si get a note out in the B&G and in a few other places so people are aware this is going on

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:21:47 PM
okies

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:22:59 PM
nevermind :| I don't have too.

Xaz post saying you are going to do this before you do it so I don't feel like I wasted my time in writing something up

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:23:01 PM
I took care of the Bar and Grill....and Arcan Four.... :lol

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:23:21 PM
I'm sorry.... :( :( :(

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:24:40 PM
Little more consideration please... we are suppose to be working together.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:25:40 PM
I was just trying to help, sorry..... :( :( :(

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:26:52 PM
Just remember what we talked about ;)

:: hugs ::

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:35:44 PM
I will! :)

:: huggles :: :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 21st, 2002, 09:49:43 PM
I will not be standing in the election..... sorry about the late call on that :(

Unless she says otherwise, Helenias is.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2002, 09:52:51 PM
.... okay. I will let everyone know then O_o

Oriadin
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:51:16 AM
I was under the impression by whats been said here that it is ok to vote for Maia and Dasquian but it is written under the guidlines on the actual vote that you cant nominate them. As I understand it, it should be ok for any knight to be up for nomination no matter how long they have held that possition. The fact that they have only just become knights means that people should be weary of voting for them but it should still be allowed.

There is a clear cut rule that says if your a knight, you can be voted for. Saves any arguments or discriminations. As it happens I probably wouldnt have voted for either of the two knights in question but I do belive they should have the right to at least get nominated.

Also, I dont know if this has ever been tried here before but as a suggestion, it could be an idea to have a thread where all knights post to say who would like to be considered for the council. ?Might save confusion over people who dont want to be on the council and people who have more than one character. I sometimes find it hard to remember all the names of the people I would regard as worthy of being on the council and have to look through who other people have voted for. This may mean im missing someone who I think could do the job well. Would it be possible to do a pole from this?

Erm, ok. Think that does it! lol. Not to much there!

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 24th, 2002, 08:37:22 AM
This is what this thread is for... For Knights and Masters to decline and for those that have multiple characters as well :) If you wanted to add yet another thread, which to me, two threads are sufficient for a vote thread, then there is more clutter at the top of the form for over a week. But that is just me. Could solve problem by doing a roll call and then posting all available candidates at the first post of THIS thread :)

Also, my first post in the vote thread covers all the guidelines in voting.

As with your other point with the new Knights, as usual, everytime we have a vote something comes up that makes us go hmm ... maybe we should change something. It happens every time since voting is pretty flexible around here.

Next time, it will probably become a rule about new Knights ... This happened last vote too with Xazor, and it was agreed on about the waiting.. then was forgotten. Why you ask?!

because it was three months ago :mneh

Oriadin
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:05:52 AM
No one has posted here and said 'I would like to be considered for the Jedi Council'. The role call as you mentioned was what I was trying to say in my thread where people say if they would like to be considered.

The point about Xazor and the other knights im still a little fuzzy about. I dont remember reading that Xazor was not allowed on the council. She was being nominated by a number of people because I remember Sage and I saying that we felt she was not ready. She was still under consideration though. In this thread where the question has actually been asked Marcus said

a) All Knights and above are eligible

b) There isn't really a time stipulation, use you judgement. I perspnally would not elect a newly promoted Knight, I would wait at least one election. But again, no fixed rule, use your judgement

Please note b) - is a personal opinion.

and that point was never argued. There is no reason why Maia and Dasquian cant be up for nomination. Xazor I felt wasnt ready because she was reckless and not in complete control IC. I still belive that any knight should be allowed to be part of the council.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:16:06 AM
If you wanted to add yet another thread, which to me, two threads are sufficient for a vote thread, then there is more clutter at the top of the form for over a week. But that is just me. Could solve problem by doing a roll call and then posting all available candidates at the first post of THIS thread

I said next time we could do a roll call and put it in the first post of THIS kinda thread next time. Sorry for confusion.

Also, I don't know about most people but saying you want to be on the council can seem ... egotistical. No one take offense here, I did may seem that way. I rather be voted on without saying it because you guys want me there. Hence roll call being a good option for nex time.

As for Xazor, it was also under debate at the time about the fact she was also too new. And that was never brought up again until Marcus said something in this thread. I think it is a good idea for the wait OOC so they can settle into the role then it is a free for all next vote.

Actually worked out well for Xazor since she got on after the three months because of Verse, helping to have her settle in OOC around here due to her new duties and IC to solve some things in an RP.

Not like they aren't going to have a chance to be on the council next term. My god! It's only three months :lol Not like it is a permanent position like Yog's :)

I know Marcus said personal opinion but no one voiced concerns until now about it so ... Xazor and I agreed about it but if it is within the majority to not like it then it can always be changed :smokin

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:19:53 AM
Also, it is so far into the vote be hard to change this now... And it's not like this thread wasn't here :mneh No one said anything so this would have to be for next time or once again... votes might have to be changed :\

You do the tally and see what I mean.. tis a pain :lol

Oriadin
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:26:44 AM
:lol

Ok, glad we're clear on the role call thing now. I suppose saying youd want to be voted for is kinda egotistical but I would read it more as a 'yeah im willing to do the job'. Its not really important, just a sugestion to throw around.

Again, back to the other discussion I simply see no reason as to why newly promoted knights cant be on the council. They have been trained IC and should have been here long enough OOC to know what its like. I for one would like to see the definate rule that "All Knights and above are eligible" as Marcus said earlier.

Oriadin
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:27:43 AM
Oh, I agree nothing can be changed now but for future reference.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:39:32 AM
this must be tradition ... something always coming up every vote thread :lol

Oriadin
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:41:17 AM
Just here to make your life easy! :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:41:46 PM
Interesting thoughts for discussion Oraidin - we should make notes on this for next election

Estelle Russard
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:11:53 PM
I actually agree with the "ALL knights can be considered for the Council" idea.

The voters themselves will determine who they consider capable.

:)

ps) understanding that this is a discussion for after this election. :)

double ps) To the Tally peeps *feel free to discount any votes for Estelle due to fairness to the Knight rule thingie thats cropped up. Folks can recast if you see fit to do this. (sorry to add to your headaches if this is the case)

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 25th, 2002, 08:50:39 AM
Well, the reason you are still considerd is that you were promoted no too long after the last Council started .. that's why. Maia and Dasquian were too close to this one.

At least, that is how my brain remembers it :mneh

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 31st, 2002, 08:08:07 PM
Y'all, and that includes me :p, have until 12am eastern standard time to vote... incase ya haven't yet :)

then me close it! :evil muahahahahahaha

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:06:55 PM
voting is all done ^_^

congrats to the winners! and most importantly!!! thank you to EVERYONE that voted.

We had an excellent turn out :crack

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2002, 04:54:05 AM
Congrats everyone :)

Kelt Simoson
Aug 1st, 2002, 05:06:03 AM
* Thumbs up t the winners*

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 1st, 2002, 05:51:12 AM
That was one hell of a vote turnout. We have never had 30+ voters. Well done all

Oriadin
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:32:10 AM
Well done to all.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 07:21:38 AM
Congrats fellow council members!! :D And thankies everyone who voted...the turnout was great. *huggles*