PDA

View Full Version : Evolution [Completed]

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:13:30 PM
A yawn, as the Dark Jedi glanced around. He sat, boots up on the table infront of him, with his eyes closed. In one hand he held his drink, whilst the other cradled the bottom of the glass tentively. His mind was wandering the bar silently, without show of effort, to seek out the thoughts and feelings of the Jedi. One eye opened as he looked across at a Padawan who had been staring at him, yet quickly looked away. He smiled, and closed his eyes once more.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:53:43 PM
Jedi! Ugh! Why she had choosen this of all places to stop at for a drink was beyond her ken but here she was. Daiq represses a shudder as she pulls the outer door to the bar open. It was bad enough just approaching the establishment but now the stench of the accumulative "do-good, happiness" from the light side of the force rushes to meet her, flowing over her like jungle ants swarming over a dead carcass. How can they stand themselves, much less being around each other?! Setting her jaw, she steps inside, her ice-blue eyes sharp as she rakes them over the smiling, half-drunk faces of the lightsiders.

The door bangs closed behind her as her gaze alights on one figure that sits alone. Blonde hair and thick necked. Why did he seem famil.....ahhh! Van DerVeld. Lord Vega Van DerVeld. Well, damn her to the moons of Yavin and back again! Moving silently, she approaches his table from behind, his back facing her but she knows without a doubt that he has already sensed her presence.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 08:45:38 AM
"I don't appreciate being crept up upon,"

Vega murmured, raising the drink in his hand to take a draught.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 11:17:51 AM
"How can I being "creeping" if you know Im here?"

With a sharp gesture to the bartender, she indicates that another glass is required as she slides into the seat across from Van DerVeld, one hand unceremoniously pushing his feet from her line of vision.

"Much better."

She leans back in her chair, stretching her legs out beneath the table, her gaze sliding up and down his countenance, again taking note of the scars. With an after thought, she looks around again more carefully, then smile across at him.

"Should I be expecting "company" to show up again?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 11:37:24 AM
"Not unless you have some dreg in your wake,"

Vega quirked one eyebrow as he regared the woman, Daiquiri, recalling having met her a week or so ago. The smirk he bore rose into a smile as he gave a nod of belated greeting.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 12:00:50 PM
"Bring a bottle of Jack Daniels over here when you fetch that glass."

Tossing her payment card onto the tabletap, she smiles lazily.

"Figured I could return the favor since you bought last time."

One blonde brow arches as she feels a slight probe to her mind and quite unhurriedly brings her mental disciplines to bear as she blocks the intrusion. She leans forward, her blue eyes locking onto his.

"If theres something you want to know, you have only to ask. Doesnt mean I'll tell you but you can ask."

The bartender approaches, setting her glass down in front of her then filling it before refilling Vega's.

"At the risk of sounding like Im picking you up....do you come here often?"

Flicking her gaze over the other patrons, she can only imagine that Van DerVeld had come to stir up trouble with the Jedi.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 12:02:59 PM
The Lupine canted his head slightly as he looked away towards the amassed Jedi. He took a deep inhalation, whilst at the same time pressing his mind upon theirs.

"I come to watch them, to listen to what they are planning and thinking," he murmured.

"They are careless with their thoughts."

He lifted his drink, giving a mock toast before downing some of the liquid.

"Yourself?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:19:23 PM
"This is my first time here and since it was on the way back to Shadowfaene and I needed a drink, I decided what the hell. See how the other side lives. And from the looks of it, its every bit as boring and dull as I imagined."

Her brow lifts again as she senses him pick up and lock onto the words "back to Shadowfaene." She doesnt speak of it though. He would bring it up when he was ready. Directing the rim of the glass to her lips, she sips on the JD, pulling a small face.

"Corellian whiskey, its not but it'll do in a pinch."

Tossing back the contents of the glass, she refills hers then tops off Vega's.

"Whadya think these Jedi will do with a couple of Sith who might accidentaly imbib too much this night?"

She grins wickedly.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:22:46 PM
"Well..."

Vega leant forward and put his glass down, gesturing his now free hand up at a 40 degree angle behind him.

"There is a camera somewhere over there, and another across the bar, and infact one in almost every location in the bar. The New Republic Special Forces are watching at every moment, and wouldn't hesistate to fire a barrage of rail gun slugs straight into your defiant head before breaking your legs."

Leaning back in his chair, somewhat bitter from having once been thrashed by the NRSF, Vega smirked and nodded.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:34:59 PM
She laughs. How typically Jedi! They want to impose thier ways and beliefs on others but rely on someone else to cover thier arses when the going gets tough. Her next words are dry as dust, spoken sarcastically.

"Bringers of peace, Guardians of the galaxy. Fools and wimps, I say! Cameras and rail guns. Must be embarassing to be so weak. So what happened? And dont pretend you dont know what Im talking about. I can hear and feel the anger, Vega."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:47:27 PM
"... I had an unfortunate encounter with the Jedi Master Sage Hazzard. They saw I was going to take his life, so broke my left leg and pushed me out of the door with a set of crutches."

He cradled his drink sourly, scowling momentarily before looking back up at Daiquiri.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:52:02 PM
"Hazzard, hmm. Ive heard that name before but dont know him. Cant say I know any of the Jedi, come to think of it. No lose there, eh?"

She studies his rugged good looks again, her expression thoughtful as she takes another sip of JD.

"Is that how you got the scars? In the fight with Hazzard?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:58:23 PM
"Sadly, no. I gained these as a Sith Knight, in a bout with a young Jedi named Teka Kenobi. It was not without price to him, however - he left the battle with a matching set of lifescars."

Vega smiled now, pleased at the thought of his handywork.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:03:50 PM
"Do you keep track of those you fought or have killed? Notch your saber handle like some men notch thier bedposts?"

Knocking back the entireity of her second drink, she pours again, gesturing to the bottle in an invitation to Vega to help himself.

"Ive been in only one major fight and that was between the SE and the Jedi. Fought a Jedi by the name of Turbogeek. Know him?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:07:08 PM
"I used to take trophy sabers when I was younger, and return them to my former Mistress. I believe she uses them as training aids now,"

He took another sip of his drink.

"Turbogeek? Hmm. Yes, I have heard vaguely of him, nothing spectacular to note though."

In his mind, wheels turned. He could have sworn the one with that name had turned up at the Black Hand, or perhaps the whispers he had heard were false.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 21st, 2002, 12:12:24 AM
"I never finished my formal training. Seemed like one thing after another happened and...well, I just didnt. Need to, I suppose but I doubt I ever do. Still, I can handle myself well enough."

Stretching her legs out further under the table, she props her heels on one rung of his chair, letting her body finally relax s little.
At the mention of the name "Turbogeek", his eyes had shuttered. There was more to that name than he was letting on. And how she loved a mystery!

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 21st, 2002, 11:14:14 AM
"Untrained, a shame."

Vega half-smiled.

"You should discipline yourself and harness what power you have, become a better warrior."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 21st, 2002, 01:37:44 PM
She nods in agreement with his words, reaching up to flip back over her shoulder the long strand of hair that fell forward.

"Its difficult finding the time to meditate, much less practice and workout. Plus, I would need to find someone to help me finish my training. Know of any Masters available?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 21st, 2002, 01:42:19 PM
He leant forward, propping one elbow against the table, staring down into his drink.

"The Sith Order and Empire cater for most of the Sith training, though I imagine Darth Ogre might take apprentices too... he is among a few rogue darksiders, you see."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:37:55 AM
She smiles and laughs when Vega mentions Ogre's name.

"Ive known Ogre for sometime. Strong, powerful Sith. Always glad I was on his "good" side. Didnt know he was a "rogue", though. Last I heard of him, he was still a member of the Sith Empire. You know where he is now?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:57:29 AM
"He's on the planet Meras as far as I know, and confines himself to there,"

Vega smiled somewhat, "I 'bumped' into him and his wife not too long ago. Was rather fun."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:09:20 AM
Setting her drink down, she leans forward with an open grin on her face, sensing a story behind his words.

"C'mon, Vega, dont make me ask. Spill it...you bumped into them?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:06:12 PM
"An apprentice of mine wandered into their territory and was less pleasant than they or I would have liked,"

Vega grinned.

"Ogre, Sorsha and Dalethria took it upon themselves to discipline him, whilst I was left to scrape up the tattered remains after having thrown quips about with them for a some time."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:14:07 PM
"remains" was probably correct. Although she had never seen Ogre angry, she had heard tales....viscous, tearing one from limb to limb, tales. She chuckles. The big green one certainly had a way about him, thats for sure.

"Sorsha is his sister, right? And I remember Dale, too. Had no idea where thet ended up at. Meras, huh? Might be worth a look-see when I leave here. Thats if nothing is brewing at the Fortress."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:18:13 PM
"Indeed, they are bound by blood,"

He knew little of the family, aside from what he had heard around the Empire, and frankly couldn't care less about them - they were not his concern.

"Tell me, what is this Fortress you speak of."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:54:28 PM
"Shadowfaene Fortress. Belongs to Her DrenKast. You know her?"

She and Hera had been friends for a very long time and once Hera had set the wheels in motion to start her own smuggling and acquistions business, Daiq hadnt batted an eye and had only paused long enough to ask, "So, what room you want me to bunk in?". That was it. Hera knew that the bond of thier friendship was strong enough that Daiq would follow her to the ends of the galaxy and back. The same was true vice-versa, no questions asked.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:41:16 AM
".. Hera, yes I've heard of her,"

His mood changed somewhat, as he took another drink.

"I've not heard of Shadowfaene Fortress before."

Vega paused, and smirked.

"Perhaps you can show me it?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:04:52 AM
"ShadowFaene is the name of our base. All, or I should say most, of our operations run out of there. Theres also a small Cizerack group there. I havent had any dealings with them yet."

Something had shuffled his mood when Hera's name had been spoken and the impression wasnt a good one from where she set. Everybody had someone they didnt like for one reason or another. And the chances of Vega and Hera running into each other right now were fairly slim.

"Sure. Id be glad to show you where I call home."

She smiles.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:13:03 AM
"Are you sure that Hera and her lackeys wouldn't mind my dropping in?"

He said with a smile, almost hoping that she would say Hera would hate to see him there.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:21:01 AM
Canting her head, she tries to get a read on what hes thinking and decides that the best way to find out is simply to ask.

"That was rather unflattering, since Im one of her "lackeys" as well. If you arrive as my guest, I doubt she would mind. Why the animosity towards Hera?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:22:09 AM
"I've heard nothing of her really. Nothing good nor anything bad, so I'm going to assume that I don't like her," he said with a rather self-righteous smile.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:35:18 AM
Nodding, she lets him think that shes accepted his thienly veiled reason, but far from it. No one "assumes" they dont like someone simply because they never met them. There was more here than met the eye but she would bide her time and find out what was going on in that head of his.

"How soon woudl you like to go? I have a couple of small jobs to finish up before I return...say two weeks, give or take a few days?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:37:09 AM
"Whenever. I have nothing of importance planned,"

Vega shrugged lightly, swirling the sliver of JD left in his tumbler around the bottom of the glass.

"How about.. when you are ready... you contact me."

His free hand reached into the pocket of his jacket, pulling out a small datapad. He thumbed it, cycling through to the co-ordinates of his usual location.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:43:01 AM
It was a spur of the moment thing and it slipped out before she had a chance to consider her words.

"Why dont you come with me then, since you have nothing to do. I just have to make a couple of drop offs and thats it."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:45:36 AM
One eyebrow rose, and he glanced down at the chrono on his wrist.

"...Sure."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:54:10 AM
"Sure."

It took her by surprise. She hadnt really expected him to take her up on the offer. But he had and it would give her more time to get to know him.

"The pickings are pretty slim on the ship right now so if youre hungry, you might want to grab something here."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:57:17 AM
"I'm not hungry, I can go a long time without food," he said absently, setting his glass down on the table top.

"So, when do we leave then, hmm?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:02:42 AM
With a chuckle, she eases her legs back beneath her chair and stands up.

"Now is as good a time as any. Grab that bottle if you want it. Its paid for and I dont think theres anything to drink on the ship."

Walking to the bar, she pays for the bottle of Jack Daniels and turns without responding to the bartenders "Have a good night" comment. With a nod in Vega's direction, she moves toward the door.

"Ready when you are."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:07:11 AM
He stood up and began following Daiquiri, stretching one hand out backwards as he called the JD bottle into his palm before slipping it into his jacket pocket. Pacing after her, he grinned a fang-lined grin.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:33:22 AM
Stepping back out into the night, Daiq took a deep breath, held it then exhaled just as deeply as if she were trying to expunge any possible airborne contaminates she had picked up while sharing the same space with the Jedi. With every step taken towards the tarmac and her ship, the feeling of "crawling ants" lessened until she nearly felt normal.

"Here she is.....the "Better Days". Not much to look at but I wouldnt trade her."

Daiq runs a loving hand along several warped places on the hull before giving a verbal command.

"Ramp down."

Turning to look at Vega's expression, she smiles.

"I think you'll like whats on the inside."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:52:51 AM
He followed her lead towards the ramp, smirking as she spoke.

"If you say so, Daiquiri."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:26:00 AM
Half way up the ramp, Daiq palms the button to draw the ramp back into its slot. Turning left, she makes her way to the cockpit. Preparations needed to be made before lift off.

"Theres a sleeping compartment in the back if you want to crash. Or you could rummage through the kitchenette if youd like. Better yet...you could sit up here with me and tell me more about your sweet self."

Tossing a wink to him, she enters the cockpit and plops down into the captains' seat, her fingers nimbly darting across the board.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2002, 02:29:52 AM
He followed her up, glancing about inside the ship. It was larger than the Praetor Fenix, but somewhat smaller than the Gavourden - still, a nice ship all in all. Vega smirked a bit at her last comment, walking over to one of the seats that was fixed against the wall, at a diagonal to the captains chair.

"My sweet self? Alright," he smirked, "What would you like to know?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2002, 07:43:51 AM
"For starters, the usual...you know, where you were born and raised, brothers and sisters, is that your real name, how long you think we can stay locked in my room back at ShadowFaene....that
kind of stuff."

Grinning, Daiq clears her take off with the space port and once up, swings her ship towards Coruscant, the first stop. She gets the coordinates from the ships' naviputer, lays in the course, sets the auto pilot then sends "Better Days" into hyperdrive.

Coruscant. By the moons, how she loved that place! So much to do, so much trouble to get into...so much to do! Well...maybe not this time 'round. Her gaze shifts to Vega, a grin still on her face. Her fun on this trip was going to be more of a private nature.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:33:00 AM
"I was born in the outer rim, on a planet named Figaro Favoura. My family were outcasts there, due to the nature of our species, so I moved to an asteroid in orbit of the planet... most of my childhood. My father was a travelling business man and professional whore,"

He paused, grinning somewhat as he looked downwards.

"He slept with many women, leaving behind children in Tatooine, and many other places. Thus far I have counted a few siblings... Ket, Cat, Mort, Khaliqua, Danya.. I have another sister to, though she is a clone,"

He smirked, and yawned somewhat.

"I did have a blood sister, but she has disowned me. I have two children, Darius and Galatea... I had a younger son, however he was unfortuantely killed."

"My fully name is as you have heard it, Vega Van-Derveld, though due to my species - the Lupine - I also have a name amongst my people that not many will know; V'Dieg. This is a mixture of my own initial and part of my fathers name, he was called Diego."

Vega paused, then laughed.

"As for your room, I don't know what you mean."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2002, 01:34:38 PM
"As for your room, I dont know what you mean."

Riiiiiiight. He did, she did, they both did. Innocence was not his strong suit, obviously. Swiveling the captains chair so that she could watch and listen, the impression that he had been taunted and made fun of when he was younger, was quite clear to her. As was the impression that his son hadnt died accidentally.

"Are you close to your kids, see them often? If you dont mind my asking, how did your son die?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2002, 01:38:37 PM
"Galatea has disowned me... but Darius lives with myself and his mother," he said with an almost prideful smile.

"... And my son was killed by his elder brother."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2002, 01:48:34 PM
"Youre telling me that Darius killed his brother? You...umm, well..kind of sound proud about that. If I had two children and one killed the other, I dont think I would ever see or speak to that child again."

Not that she had ever given any thought to having a kid. Far from it in fact. Kids had always rather repulsed her with thier whining and crying, runny noses and ugh!, having to change diapers and clean up thier....she shudders just thinking about it.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2002, 01:55:04 PM
He shrugged somewhat.

"Thanatos was a Jedi, there was no reason for me or Darius to treat him any different to the other lightsiders."

He leant back in his chair and closed his eyes. He wasn't in the mood for talking about his family right now, and Daiquiri could tell. She let him be suprisingly, and allowed for their journey to wherever (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=12920#post328631) they were going to continue in ... silence.