PDA

View Full Version : Dying (open)

Jeran Conrad
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:05:23 PM
Jeran stumbled into the old alleyway. It was dark and calm, much like the appearance of this man. But unlike the alleyway, Jeran's head shuffled with thoughts. Over and over and over he replayed events so painful to him that his headache had grown. Throbbing, he laid his head down into the trash that dotted the walls. He missed love.

"Keep your foream up, Jeran. You need the leverage if you're going to be strong enough for a block," Master Gais instructed. A young Jeran, maybe 14, was practicing saber-dueling in the yard of the academy.

"But, I can't get it. It's too hard. I don't have any skill, Master. I can't--"

"Enough! Jeran, you can do all things through the Force. It is what makes us, what empowers us. You feel it, don't you?" questioned Master Gais. Jeran paused.

"Yes. I mean, of course. I can feel it. I can taste it. I can smell it! You know this, Master, but--"

"But what, Jeran," Gais interupted. "What can stop you from achieving your goals? Nothing. I chose you as my apprentice because you feel the Force more than any other being I know. Now use it! It is there--it is right there--you just have to use it. Clear?" Jeran's mouth widened into a smile. Master Gais always knew how to dumb it down for him.

"Clear. I'm ready."

Pain. Pain in his head, his neck, his eyes, his arms. Pain. Suffering. He hurt so bad. He missed Gais so much. Gais death struck him so hard. The sith who killed him had paid for his crime, oh yes, but the pain had stayed. Jeran had been a Jedi Redeemer. So pure in the light side of the Force that he was given the sole task of engaging those who were dark and redeeming them to the light. He trained for no other reason but that. He and Gais trained together and, in their own accomplishments, had redeemed nearly 4 Dark Jedi. But the 5th had escaped their help and would eventually end their companionship. His name was Fenar, before darkness, but he took the title of Sith Lord Syrek. He was strong--extremely intelligent and very capable. Gais and Jeran had met up with him somewhere on Tatooine, out in the desert ruins of the ancient civilization of the Ma'zahar. He would not hear of redemption--as many wouldn't at first--but after two hours of bloody battle he had changed his mind.

"Gais...please...I...I...I am so afraid," Sirek rasped from the ground. He had been badly wounded--Gais had thrusted a hard saber into his midsection.

"Fenar, my old friend, you must let loose of this dark path you lead. You must return to the light side. Please, don't you see now? Fear is closing in on you. Let go of it! Let go of your selfishness!" Gais pleaded. He really wanted Fenar back. Jeran could tell.

"I...I want to come home, Gais. I want to come home." Sirek--maybe Fenar now--broke into tears. Gais reached down beside the fallen Jedi, and grabbed hold of his cloak. He pulled him to his chest, to embrace his old apprentice. As he did, Sirek pulled his saber hilt to the man's chest and--

His head throbbed again. Harder, this time. He was an excellent healer, but he could not heal himself. He had replayed this scene in his brain everyday. Right before meditation, he had replayed it. But now, he was too weak to even sit. He knew someone--something--would find him here. Most likely, they would rob him. Maybe they would kill him. Maybe it would be a Dark Jedi who would dispatch his soul. It didn't matter now. He welcomed death.

No, don't think that! You don't mean it!

His brain struggled with itself. It pleaded for sanity. But Jeran's soul would give it none. He lay there, hoping to die. He had given up. He wanted to be loved. Wanted someone to care again. But in this lonely world where each struggled for survival, he knew that a heart would never bleed for him again...