PDA

View Full Version : .....some people really do need to have the connection to their brain checked

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2002, 05:21:35 PM
This is just....wrong (http://www.guardian.co.uk/computergames/story/0,11500,667942,00.html)

I think the current Penny Arcade cartoon said it all:|

Zeke
Jul 18th, 2002, 05:24:36 PM
...? That's disrespectful and dishonorable. There's no way that should be allowed. No one's gonna want an ad on their tombstone!

Shenraun
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:03:56 PM
*Eats the brainless people.*

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:14:58 PM
They are dead. I dont think they have any caring in the matter now. I can almost see the humour in it to be honest

Not that advertising in a graveyard has a point. The only people who go in there arent exactly the right people to advertise to. The marketers are are morons, but only because the ads would never work.

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:24:15 PM
I dont see the humour in it when relatives go to the grave of a loved one to see that a game about a dead man is out soon

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:32:46 PM
I think it's the relatives who decide such things anyway. If they dont like, they can stop it. Not like the dead person cares or can do anything about it

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:34:52 PM
Depends. You can have things pre-arranged.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:39:28 PM
As I said, once your dead, you dont have control. If the relatives dont like it, they can remove it

Kelt Simoson
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:41:22 PM
And its Marcus "Pan The Man" Q'Dunn Vs Reaper "The Nuttey Jedi" Fett....who will win on round one....stay tuned!

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:50:11 PM
As I said, once your dead, you dont have control. If the relatives dont like it, they can remove it
Not if the contract is signed. If I write a will, can someone else change it? Nope

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 18th, 2002, 07:30:39 PM
At the end of the day it's utterly ridiculous and nancing around the pros and cons is pointless. It is downright disrespectful regardless of who makes the decision and let's not just think of the relatives - if I was going to the burial of a loved one and God forbid, but the last thing I want to see is gravestones dotted about the place baring advertisments for some horrible "dark, gory type of game."

It's absolutley distasteful and quite frankly makes me ill.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 18th, 2002, 08:32:19 PM
Not if the contract is signed. If I write a will, can someone else change it? Nope

Wrong, A will is not legally binding except if the conditions are fair and resonable and all laws are abided by. As advertising of tombstones require approval from Councils or the place that owns / manages the graveyard, the advertising will not happen if the conditions are not met.

Your will must also be made when you are in a sound mind, witnesses and signed. In fact, it would be a rare case where you will is unchangeable. It is a document that only puts forth your wishes for your estate and maybe burial.

Also a contract is not legally binding to other people if your dead. The relatives will have NO obligation to keep to a contract that you have signed. The only real times a contract may specifically be enforced after your death is if you have a loan - the property may be claimed by the if the contract states as such. Usually however , you pay death insurance so that the bank claims against an insurance company for it's loss and your relatives keep the property upon your death to avoid nasty re-po's

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2002, 08:38:02 PM
Can I point out you dont live over here and I dont live over there, so we both might be right :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 18th, 2002, 08:54:53 PM
I point out that contract, tort, common and will law in Australia is in fact based heavily on UK laws and in most cases, is 100% raided from UK law and you can cite UK precidence still if no Aust precident exists. Until 1982 with appeal to the Privy Council was disllowed and the Aust High Court became the supreme law makers, the laws of Aust and UK were alike. In theory, the Queen still signs law into place from Aust parliment even.

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:04:27 PM
The relatives will have NO obligation to keep to a contract that you have signed
So I can walk into a relatives will recital and say I disagree, give me all the money? Tell you something, it wont happen :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:12:27 PM
Gived them a justified reason and it could happen. Like what happened to one of my Great Grandmother's will - it said basically all to "Mike". The other relatives contested and won. So yes, your example can and does happen and also can work.