PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Films

Oriadin
Jul 18th, 2002, 05:08:24 AM
We all know that originally there were to be nine films. We now know Lucas only wants to make six in total.

Do you think anyone would ever make a film using Jedi? Not about Luke, Vader/Anakin, Obi Wan etc etc.

It could be very interesting to see someone make a film about a Jedi or even a sith in the star wars universe. Kinda like a spin off if you like. Whaty do you think?

JMK
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:46:31 AM
I suppose its possible. Once the rights to Star Wars expires although. I just hope that when and if someone does decide to do it, its made super clear that it is not a part of the 6-part saga.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:46:35 AM
I'd like to see like a mini-series on HBO. Like Band of Brothers, because that kicked ass for a mini-series.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:14:39 AM
I don't think I'd like anything spin-off to be honest. I would only like the real deal, silver screen, the works. I don't think a small fix would do for me, it's either all or nothing.

JMK
Jul 18th, 2002, 11:35:47 AM
Preferably I'd like the movies to end after Episode 3. But most seem to think that some greedy studio will revive it years from now and if that holds true, the I bet we will see some new Star Wars movies that will undoubtedly be half as good as Lucas' Star Wars.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 18th, 2002, 07:45:45 PM
I hope not! No other person should write or direct Star Wars, it should become an international law.

Bah I say! :cry

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 18th, 2002, 11:02:52 PM
I am hoping for animated movies of some of the EU books like Shadows of the Empire and Heir to the Empire they could be cool, but I wouldn't really want to see any more true movies.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:24:16 AM
I doubt there will be more until the rights expire - in about 50 years

Doc Milo
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:41:21 PM
Here's a horror-thought that borders on blasphemy. I don't even want to post it for fear of giving someone an idea.

But . . . do you guys think it would be possible that after the rights expire (isn't it 50 years after GL's death?) that some greedy studio would actually attempt a remake of Star Wars? You know . . . thinking they can do a better job?

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 19th, 2002, 06:08:46 PM
Someone will. Of course it would suck fiercely.

JMK
Jul 19th, 2002, 06:48:53 PM
Someone probably will try. And of course it will suck. :)

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jul 19th, 2002, 09:36:55 PM
I hope to God I am dead by the time some fool tries to remake Star Wars.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:46:21 PM
Well they were thinking about making a sequel to Casablanca (it was going to be based on a book called As Time goes By) They were even thinking of casting Harrison Ford in Bogart's role, I don't think that would have worked. Then again they made a sequel of Gone with the Wind, based on the book Scarlett (which wasn't finished and somebody else finished it for her) into a TV miniseries. And they remade Psycho, neither one of these remakes were succesful IMO, though Psycho did a lot worse than Scarlett. So will they do another one 50 years from now? It is impossible to tell but most of us will probably be dead and won't care anyway.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:10:36 PM
Alternatively, someone may just try a sequel

B-LoVeD AssAsSiN
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:06:26 AM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
I hope not! No other person should write or direct Star Wars, it should become an international law.

Bah I say! :cry

What? the best films, the "meat and potatoes" of the saga were NOT directed by Lucas.
And looking at "Attack of the crappy dialogue" we can all judge GL's limited dialogue skills and in all three of the films by him the acting is bad especially when compared to the movies not by him.
God bless Irvin Kreshner.

B-LoVeD AssAsSiN
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:10:17 AM
Oh, and to be honest I detest the books that try to depict what happens after rotj. i dont see a point in them as the sith have been destroyed and the only possibility of their re emergence is if someone discovers the power for themself. sadly the book about the jedi academy was lame.
damn.
what i love are the books that are inbetween or just before the movies like Shadow hunter and sote.

JMK
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:48:51 AM
Lucas has never been known as an actor's director. He is way more of a visual story teller, which he does quite well. When the saga called for a toned-down, more characterized story, Kirschner was brought in.