PDA

View Full Version : Episodes 7-9!

Darth_Ytnom
Jul 17th, 2002, 12:26:00 PM
I've heard before that Lucas had originally had 9 episodes, my question, where there ever any books\storylines released for this?

ReaperFett
Jul 17th, 2002, 12:40:12 PM
The original plan would have had Leia not being Luke's sister and Palpatine not fully appearing until later.

darth_mcbain
Jul 17th, 2002, 12:57:06 PM
Yeah - that has teased us before, the thought of more episodes... Ultimately, though, I think it was just part of the planning phases and the many rewrites he did. He's stated pretty definitively now that there will only be 6.

Darth_Ytnom
Jul 17th, 2002, 01:38:06 PM
Some ass clown on another forum is saying that he read all 3, is this possible, from what I understand they where only concepts and not released.

ReaperFett
Jul 17th, 2002, 01:58:12 PM
Ask him what happened. You should be able to see he's a liar :)

Figrin D'an
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:13:43 PM
Lucas had concepts and basic plot points in place for a 9-part story, but it was revised and re-written into the 6 part story that we have/will see on the big screen. Anyone who says that they have "read" the missing Episodes VII-IX is flat lying. There are some concept summaries around, and even some early drafts of the original trilogy, but those last three episodes were never actually written. Some story points from those early outlines were pulled out and used to modify ESB and ROTJ to produce the movies that we know today.

Supposedly, in the original 9-part tale, Episode VI was supposed to end as a much more bitter-sweet victory for the Alliance. The second Death Star was destroyed, but Alliance fleet suffered heavy losses. Akbar's flag ship was lost. Han Solo was killed in the blast that took out the deflector shield generator. As Reaper mentioned, Luke and Leia were not related in any way. Luke managed to return Vader to the Light Side, but the Emperor escaped and mortally wounded Vader in the process. Episodes VII-XI were then to be focused on Luke honing his skills further, becoming a Jedi Master, guided by the spirits of Yoda and Obi-Wan. The Alliance was to eventually retake Imperial Center (the planet we know as Coruscant), re-establish the Republic. Luke eventually tracks down the Emperor, an epic battle ensues... Luke gets beat up pretty badly, but triumphs and destroys Palpatine.

Don't quote me on any of this, because this is just what I have managed to dig up over the years... the reliabilty of the sources is pretty much none, although some of the plot points are common to most of the "versions" you'll find.

But full scripts or storylines.... they don't exist, except maybe in GL's mind. :)

Taylor Millard
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:16:23 PM
As cool as that would have been...I like how they did it. But that's just me.

Figrin D'an
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:22:01 PM
I might be kind of cool if they were to play with some of those concepts in the Star Wars: Infinities version of ROTJ. I mean, there's no continuity issues to worry about, since it's all a "What If" scenario. Who knows... maybe.

ReaperFett
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:49:35 PM
I heard Han survived and ended up with Leia, but wasnt in the final three :)

JMK
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:10:58 PM
I'm glad there's just 6. I think the way they turned out is perfect. Though I wish GL had decided earlier not to make Luke & Leia siblings so as to avoid the incest/crush thing. ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 17th, 2002, 05:25:37 PM
I have seen rough drafts of the Entire 1-9 on the net BUT!!!!! the odds it was truely from lucas is slim I'm sure.

JMK
Jul 17th, 2002, 08:26:27 PM
More like zero! :p

Doc Milo
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:47:20 PM
I also heard that Lando was supposed to have died and the Millenium Falcon blown up with the Death Star II. This, too, was supposed to be a part of the six-part saga, but was changed at the last minute. (If you watch RotJ, there is a scene that foreshadows that very event, but the event never takes place -- where Han is looking at the Falcon and comments to Leia that he has a gut feeling that it's the last time he's ever going to see the Falcon...)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 19th, 2002, 06:11:03 PM
I beleive there was a cut where Lando did die, but that was changed because test screeninings were very negative.

Ciara Myst
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:32:04 AM
I might be just rambling when I say this, so, :lol , forgive me if I am, and for those who haven't read Tales of the Bounty Hunters: Don't read this, it will give away the ending of the last story.

I like to think that one of the books I read, Tales of the Bounty Hunters foretells the lives of a few of the main characters. The very last tale in that book is Boba Fett's. Loved the story too! Anyways, in Boba Fett's story, it ends with Han off on an adventure on some planet. He's in a warehouse getting shot at and when he runs out of it, he runs right into Boba Fett!

He and Fett both level their weapons on each other and exchange words. In the end, Boba Fett watches Han Solo turn his back to him and walk away.

This was also thirty years after the first encounter Fett and Han had. It was pretty cool to read that since that was the first book of the SW books I had ever read. It was nice to think that Han, Fett, Lando and the others lived that long in the saga.

K, now I'm rambling. Sorry.