PDA

View Full Version : Zeke's Little Pet

Mutant Cockroach
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:15:06 AM
I had decided to pay the boy a visit. He did seem to admire me very much, even though he kept trapping me inside glass. But, I was a forgiving creature ... as long as he didn't do it again. Spreading my little buggy wings, I began to fly down the corridors. This would be impossible! So many doors led to a different person. What could I do?

Landing, I folded my wings and crawled under the door. Well, it wasn't the boy, but there was a woman ... who was in the bathroom, who was taking off her shirt and - I could feel my eyes widen as I forced myself to crawl away. I tried the next door. This time, I was met by a man who tried to smack me with a rolled up newspaper. Once more, I crawled away. I have no idea how long it lasted, of me crawling under doors only to be met with negative responses, but finally I reached the right one.

"Oh, cool, it's my pet roach!" I rolled my little eyes as Zeke picked me up.

Zeke
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:19:41 AM
"Dude! It's m'buddy! How ya been? Last I saw ya was in the Bar and Grill on cleaning day!"

Zeke grinned at the cockroach.

"I moved in with Kindo, so I gotta switch rooms. Come on! You can help me find m'box!"

Mutant Cockroach
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:37:08 AM
"Box? Which box?"

I, of course, was the Master of finding things. I already saw some boxes, but didn't know which one he was talking about.

Zeke
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:38:15 AM
"The cardboard box that I live in! I left it in my old room!"

Mutant Cockroach
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:23:38 PM
"You live in a cardboard box?"

I snorted, then began to laugh.

"Sounds cozy!"

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic because it did sound nice. Something that I myself would prefer. Like I suspected, this kid had good taste.

Zeke
Jul 17th, 2002, 08:12:46 PM
"Yup! I lived in that box for the past 2 years! Beats the crap outta any bed I ever slept on! But...I put it in my room, then forgot where my room was. We're outside Kindo's now."

Mutant Cockroach
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:12:53 PM
"Get a new one! I'm sure whoever gets that box will be pleased. Who wouldn't?"

I piped, crawling up his arm and resting on his shoulder.

Zeke
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:16:49 PM
"But, it's MY box. It's been mine for 2 years."

He walked away down the corridor, talking to the cockroach on his shoulder and ignoring the looks on the faces of eveyone who saw them.

"I think this is it....whoops...Heheh..I forgot something..."

Mutant Cockroach
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:20:07 PM
"You forgot the key?"

I frowned and continued to hold onto his shoulder. I knew I wasn't going to get squished if I stayed with him.

Zeke
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:22:24 PM
"Uh...no. I forgot that I already got m'box back from my old room...I put it down in the hall b'cuz I had to go and...um...it disappeared. I thought Kindo mighta found it, so I went back to his room..."

Zeke grinned with embarassment.

"Sorry."

Mutant Cockroach
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:26:56 PM
I don't think I really minded because I was getting a good breeze when Zeke walked. The only thing I didn't like was the light.

"You mean to tell me that you dragged me into the light filled hallways for the box, when it was where we previously were? Even though roaches ARE nocturnal?!"

I sighed and began to move slowly behind his ear, where his hair shielded me from the light.

Zeke
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:31:59 PM
"But it's not in his room! That's why I came back out and asked you to help me find it! Hey, that tickles sorta."