PDA

View Full Version : Please let me train at your dojo!

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:28:13 AM
A young man wearing a green kung fu uniform walked into the recruitment center. He pushed his glasses up with his index finger and looked around. Discovering no one, he set down his bag that had been slung over his shoulder and sat down.

"Someone will be along eventually. I'll just wait here."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:39:12 AM
" Greetings. I am Jedi Padawan Kindo. Why do you seek the Jedi this day?"spoke the calm and suddle Jedi.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:33:54 PM
Wu Wei looked at his greeter. "Well, My grandpa and my dad told me to always use my abilities to protect others. They tuaght me all sorts of martial arts, ever since I was a little kid. Some people say that I am unusally perceptive and that my awareness may be due to the Force. so, I'm here to learn more about the Force and see if I can control it."
Wu Wei looked around. "So, what do you guys do around here other than train people to be Jedi?"

Ange Tot
Jul 16th, 2002, 01:48:22 PM
:: Ange smiled at the newcomer and grinned at Kindo ::

We usually go to the bar and have fun.

:: she bowed to Kindo then to Wei ::

It's seems Lady Dawnstrider is late, so I also welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:08:42 PM
Wu Wei smiled at the new person who arrived.
"A Bar and Grill? I heard of one on my way to the Recruitment Center. I don;t drink alcohol, but I sure do like food! How is the food there? Maybe later I'll go visit it. By the way, I am Wei Wu Wei. And you are?" He asked the lady.

Ange Tot
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:35:24 PM
Ange Tot, and yes the food is good, espeically the root stew. Maybe after you start your training....

:: she smiled and bowed again ::

Ah, I have to go, I hope you enjoy your time here then Master Wei.

:: she stepped into the shadows of one of the corridors and left the recruitment centre ::

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:44:38 PM
Wu Wei smiled as Ange took her leave. Such friendly people at this place. It would be nice to stay here.
"So, Kindo, got any good stories?"

Wu Wei gave a hearty laugh and fetched two apples from his bag.

"Kindo, catch."

Wu Wei tossed the apple through the air and took a bite out of the apple he had reserved for himself.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:34:51 PM
"Hello Wei."

Spoke a gentle voice from behind him. She offered her thanks to the Padawans in greeting the newcomer.

She waited until he turned around before pulling back the folds of her hood. What awaited him was a smiling face and large blue eyes that were soft and blue.

"Greetings to you. My name is Navaria Tarkin, Jedi Knight and a member of the Jedi Council. You seek to become a member of the Order do you not?"

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 06:19:37 PM
Wu Wei looked up at the next perosn who greeted him. So many friendly people here! And this one looked to be an angel.

"Wow..." he composed himself. "Yes, I do want to join the order. How do I join? I sure would like to be a part of it. So many nice people here. Would you like an apple? I have plenty."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 16th, 2002, 06:26:10 PM
Her smile twisted into an amusing one. It was still hard getting used to that her appearance affected some by taking them off-guard.

"How thoughtful. I'd love one."

She replied. Well mannered young man was sitting here.

"You all ready had started the process in becoming one but why did you want to be a Jedi?"

Navaria asked. This one seemed so innocent. The hard life of a Jedi may be could be quite the burden ... or perhaps not. It depended upon the answer.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 06:52:21 PM
"Well, lemme see....My grandpa and my dad have been teaching me all kinds of martial arts since as far back as I can remember... They told me to use my skills to help people. The people I have defeated when protecting others thought I had control over the Force because of how well I fought. So, I decided to come and see if I really do. it would be nice to have a little control over the Force. I think my grandfather would be proud if i became a Jedi and alo mastered the lightsaber. his last wish before he died was to learna nd expand my skill and to never let anyone do injustice."

Wu Wei retrieved an apple and tossed it to Navaria.

ooc: um navaria, I'm sitting on the floor.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:01:36 PM
OOC~ I swear my eyes saw standing. Oops ^_^; Me fixed. Also, dinner time. Me be back later :)

IC~ She caught the apple. It was quite shiny and Navaria brought the apple towards her face. The smell caught her senses right away for the fruit was fresh.

"Control over the Force is more then just something to learn on a whim. You have dedication in the Martial Arts, that much you said. Will you have the same amount of dedication to the Jedi? Our life isn't easy."

Absently, the Jedi twisted the stem while speaking to Wei. It was important to understand where a potential Padawan stood in learning the Force. The Jedi take in many but not those that just want to learn of its power... just because.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:02:51 PM
The figure of a woman appeared from the darknes, a smiled danced upon her lips as she looked down at the newcomer sitting on the floor. Bowing her head, she stood among her fellow Jedi.

"Greetings.....I am Warrior Jedi Knight, and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. You seek to learn the ways of the Jedi, yes?"

She questioned with a gentle voice. Obviously he wanted to train, for she could feel his eager spirit. Smiling, she stood back and waited for his response....

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:09:41 PM
"Yes! I most certianly do! That is, it you will train me."

Wu Wei stood up and bowed deeply to Xazor. Wu Wei was deeply impressed. A Warrior Jedi Knight!

"Wow, I am surprised that such a person held in such high esteem would tak the time to welcome someone like me. I am deeply honored."

Wu Wei straightened and stood at his full height. "Please say you will take me in to your order, Miss Xazor."

Xazor Elessar
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:12:05 PM
Xazor smiled to herself, her cheeks flushing slightly at his words.

"I myself am unable to train you, for I have fifteen Padawans of my own and it would not be fair to any of you. But I do wish to ask you some questions. Why do you seek to join the Jedi? You must know of the difficult life that we live....."

She said softly, hoping that he understood the trials that he would face if he choose to live this life.....

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:24:45 PM
Wu Wei considered his next words. "Well, living and breathing martial arts isn;t easy either. Then again, nothing worth having ever comes easy. I promise that while I train here, I will do my best to learn and retain all I can. I will never forget what values I am taught and will never give in to the darkside."

Wu Wei stopped to think. "Yeah, I am a dedicated student. I promise I won;t disappoint the Order."

Wu Wei made eye contact with Xazor. He knew full well what he was getting into.

"I won;t fail you, Grandpa. I'll fulfill your wishes" he thought.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:51:45 PM
Xazor listened intently and nodded with a smile. His words were sincere.....and she could feel that he was here for several reasons.

"Your heart is pure and your reasons are good. I sense your dedication.....I too know what it is like to live and breath Martial Arts.....for I study four forms myself."

She paused a moment and searched his thoughts, then returned to her own. Another gentle smile crossed her lips as she eyed him.

"I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order.....a Master shall contact you with training information shortly. In the mean time, try to make friends. I suggest you find a room in the Living Quarters....or meet some fellow Jedi in the Bar and Grill. Or perhaps you wish to watch others train. Whatever you wish to do, never forget to ask questions if you have them.....all that are here are willing to help you."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:57:53 PM
Wu Wei smiled broadly and gave a hearty laugh

"Thank you, Ma'am. I won;t let you down!"

Wu Wei decided to look at the living quarters for a place to stay.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 16th, 2002, 08:16:12 PM
"Hmm .. so soon we forget me, Wei?"

She asked in a rather playful and yet, challenging tone.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to train under myself but if you're so easily distracted...."

Navaria turned around and looked over her shoulder.

"... I can probably find something else to do with my time ..."

Slowly she started walking towards the temple, giving Xazor a wink.

Zeke
Jul 16th, 2002, 08:42:06 PM
Zeke ran in.

"XAZOR!"

He tried to tackle her as he had before. Also like before, she sidestepped him. Navaria was the next in Zeke's flight path, but she too dodged him. Zeke rolled all the way out the door. Seconds later, he reappeared.

"Heckling the newbies again? He can have my room. I'ma move in with Kindo."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 16th, 2002, 08:48:12 PM
Wu Wei stopped in his tracks. A Master already? Wow, was he lucky. It was just as Grandpa had siad it would be. He remembered his Grandpa's words.
"Just flow with hte circumstances that are thrown your way. you'll find that things often turn out much better than if you had tried your hardest to get what oyu wanted done."

Wu Wei smiled and turned to greet his new teacher. "I'd be glad to start training whenever you are ready, Sensei!"

Grandpa was so cool...Now he had a teacher, and a pretty one at that. Life was good. "umm..can I still go find a place to stay and put up my things, Sensei? Please?"

And now he had a new room to boot. it couldn;t get any better, he thought.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:46:32 PM
"But of course. I'll be seeing you in the morning to begin your training. Thank you again for the snack."

Navaria bowed to Wei and then continued on her way to the Temple.