PDA

View Full Version : Yuuhzan Vong? (anyone willing to share their thoughts)

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 15th, 2002, 10:59:32 PM
"Hey whats up all? i was just wanderin to maybe make it a little more interesting in the forums, what do you all think about making a secondary charcter such as a Yuuhzan Vong soldier. he can die in many of the forums he roleplays in but then can say he is another warrior with a completely different name and profile every time he posts:"

"EX: lets say I make this character and the first time I RP with him he is from Domain Hul. he is then killed by a jedi. this particular character from Domain Hul is dead but i post again in another RP an say he is from Domain Lah. he is killed and then i move on again to yet another forum where he is from Domain Shal. each time he is a new soldier. he doesnt have any real profile. every time he posts he is just another random soldier in the Yuuhzan Vong army. make sense?"

"Well, what do you all think and do you think i would be allowed to do it?"

"Obviously you would have to know what the Yuuhzan Vong are to begin with to understand anything i just said."

AmazonBabe
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:13:18 AM
Well, not many here look highly upon the Vong.

I personally wouldn't have any poblem with it soley for RPing purposes, but I'm only one voice.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:40:03 AM
:: Much violent dry retching is heard at the mention of the Vong ::

I tried to play one once. Not good, never could really make them work within my mind.

Sanis Prent
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:42:07 AM
You can try it, I guess.

Shawn
Jul 16th, 2002, 06:56:19 AM
IMO, the Vong are like the Borg of SW. But not in a good way. That's just my opinion, however - feel free to try and RP them, if you wish.

ReaperFett
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:00:12 AM
I personally would reccomend against it. Someone who used to RP here a lot used a Vong, made a small group. He was basically ignored by everyone. I think that was part the reason he left.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:40:40 AM
Most people feel that the Vong are a good idea for the wrong universe. I agree with these people

Sanis Prent
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:49:11 AM
I find the Ssi Ruuk much much much more interesting than the Vong. Its a tragedy that they didn't use them for the NJO series, instead of making up the Vong, because they are essentially Star Wars Borg/Zerg, and thus, are lame.

The Ssi Ruuk would've been fun to read about IMO though. And would make sense to pit the Jedi against a race that uses life essence to power their ships.

ReaperFett
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:52:37 AM
They would have been force users, but it was vetoed

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:34:45 PM
I agree. The Ssi Ruuk are an interesting species and to be perfectly honest I think the Yuuzang Vong are just too much, I mean you'd need a whole Essential Guide to their technology for example from what I've seen, they don't feel like SW to me.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:41:48 PM
The Vong could never be plopped into a movie, it'd ruin Starwars, but they're fine for the books.

As for RPing, I have no problems with them, specially considering I was in the former Vong group ~ Vong are fun, just, no one here really, really likes them or sees them as Starwars material, sooo... I wouldn't sugguest you make a Vong character, but the idea could work.

ReaperFett
Jul 16th, 2002, 01:09:53 PM
I love reading about them. Maybe 19 books is too much, but I love them. Especially the new tactics that are needed. I just wonder how much the different original Lucas-stopped plan was.

And I love Coralskippers :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:12:30 PM
The Vong are perfect for Star Trek.... which should hint exactly why they are soooo wrong for Star Wars

ReaperFett
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:14:38 PM
Did you complain when Zahn had what is basically a race of time travellers?

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:21:54 PM
They were? I never really noticed cause they were a tiny part of the book in question. All they were were a bunch of strange aliens that had some weird way of travelling. It's only reading background that they seem to be teleporters and even then I'm not sure if I agree with that. However, that is a minor plot point, not a major EU arc

ReaperFett
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:30:09 PM
The arc is the Jedi ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:32:28 PM
It's still a major storyline, aint it?

ReaperFett
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:39:18 PM
part of one, like those jumping thingies :)

(Side note, Zahn didnt create them, they were in the RPGs I hear. He did take a lot from them)

Jedi Neo
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:06:30 AM
My problem in NJO is not the Vong (although they are a ripoff of the Zerg), but the fact that they have killed off Chewie and Anakin Solo! Gosh, while their at it could they bring back the Death Star...

Daren Trevelan
Jul 17th, 2002, 04:58:35 AM
Personally I loved the Yuuzhan Vong and enjoy the hell out of RPing one.

imported_Corin Zetith
Jul 17th, 2002, 06:37:54 AM
everybody-i personally love them too, their whle new philosophy of life and death adds to the stories and makes them better. all of their technology is awesome and i think ill try to do this. does everybody understand what i meant about a secondary character? besides this character i also think i might try to make a real character who is yuuhzan vong.

Daren- hey Daren, you say you already have a character who is yuuhzan vong?

Sith Ahnk
Jul 17th, 2002, 09:32:23 AM
As do I. I enjoy playing a Vong, however, I play an independent Vong with independent ideals, which is somewhat contradictory I suppose, but ah well, it's fun.

How can ANYONE prefer the Ssi-Ruuk over the Vong? Are they drunk again?

Kyle Deshere
Jul 18th, 2002, 01:38:36 PM
(this is Daren)

Yes I do, except unfortunately it is not RPed here, but rather at *shivers* The Rebel Faction.

Sanis Prent
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:40:05 PM
I should create a gigantic sentient jello mold that KILLS YOU ALL

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2002, 03:10:20 PM
And that adds to this thread how exactly? :)