PDA

View Full Version : Something I've been kicking around

Shawn
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:29:02 PM
I've been considering adding a sort of sister-site to SWFans. My original idea was to set up a movie review site where users could submit their own reviews and have them displayed there - sort of like www.imdb.com, but to have it integrated with the rest of the board.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, and I started working on it. But then it hit me: Why would anyone submit movie reviews to the site when they can just post them in the BO forum and get feedback, right?

So I expanded the idea some: What if the site was not only about movie reviews, but encompassed other things like books, albums and videogames, as well?

I could advertise the site some amongst people from other messageboards, encouraging them to contribute (and hopefully drumming up more traffic for the main board).

Really, I think all of this could just be accomplished with a single forum (after all, it does say "Box Office and Other Discussions"), but I thought having a site set up for purpose might draw more attention. What do you all think?

ReaperFett
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:42:20 PM
If you think you can truly do the idea justice, I love the idea

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:50:12 PM
That sounds like a very good idea, if you think you can do it go for it.

Shawn
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:42:11 PM
Ok... how about a name for the site? The working title is "Nup Reviews", but somehow, that seems a bit egocentric. ;)

JMK
Jul 15th, 2002, 07:43:31 AM
I love the idea. I'll try to come up with some names tonight after work. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 15th, 2002, 10:40:28 AM
Nah Nup, you want someone with GOOD film opinions. Like me ;)

One idea is like how Yog used to have or how AICN is, a film quote. I personally would say a non-SW, but its up to all.

Master Yoghurt
Jul 27th, 2002, 07:49:29 AM
I love the idea :)