PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Finest Superman vs Batman

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:30:00 PM
I am not sure if anybody heard this news I read a few reports saying that WB is going ahead with the Superman vs Batman movie and that Wolfgang Peterson (Das Boot, Air Force One) is going to direct and Andrew Walker (Seven, Sleepy Hollow) is writing the script. No word on who will play Superman or Batman or who the villain would be, my guess they will team up Lex Luthor and the Joker which would be very cool, IMO.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:32:55 PM
I'm not so sure it sounds so cool to me. Sounds more like a potential disaster.

Nupraptor
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:34:47 PM
Ditto. :|

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:35:20 PM
Well it will depend on the script I guess I like the idea because they are the two best DC heroes and a movie would be big, the current rumor is that it will face off againt Spiderman 2 in 2004, that will be a big comic book year then.

Nupraptor
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:40:28 PM
Well, Batman and Superman have two very different tones to them. Batman should always be extremely dark and gritty. Superman should be a bit flashy and showy.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:41:48 PM
I just dont see Batman and Superman existing alongside each other. The whole Marvel / DC alternate universe / Superfireds / Wahtever always stank I would much prefer a movie with Spuperman by himself and Batman - by himself, done properly. Really, I think it sounds like Hollywood thinking Comic Book heros are "it" and so they try to put the most popular together.

Yeech.

darth_mcbain
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:42:27 PM
So is this supposed to be Superman against Batman? I see that being a complete disaster... First off, they're on the same side - there is no plot point (other than tainted Kryptonite making Superman bad - been there, done that) that would make them face off against each other. Second, Batman's just a guy, whereas Superman is an alien with real super powers - Batman would get his @ss kicked in a New York minute... I guess we'll see when it gets closer - but for now this looks like one I'll be skipping.

Nupraptor
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:46:05 PM
The next Batman movie is being directed by Darron Aronofsky... now that is something I'm looking forward to.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:50:37 PM
Love BATMAN ,like Superman would rock!! if Done right.

Superman does not like the way Batman does things.
Batman doesn't like Superman telling him his Business.

Superman, Super powerfull

Batman, got some Kryptonite (or how ever the heck you spell it :mad )

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:04:29 PM
Here is a story from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/09/film.petersen.reut/index.html
I am not sure I think they might not get along at first and have to team up to stop somebody maybe Luthor and the Joker or some other threat Darksied perhaps? Also Batman did kill Superman in the one of the Dark Knight books, this took place way in the future and Superman had become evil or something like that. As far as other versions watch Justice League on Cartoon Network that is a very cool show, though they haven't been showing new episodes for months but everyone they have shown have been cool, I really like Green Lantern they need to give him a movie.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:28:13 PM
A few years ago they did a cartoon movie with Superman and Batman. It was fairly well. Started off with superman and batman hating eachother, then teaming up when lex luthor and the joker teamed up and starting beating on metropolis butt.

Jen
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:59:14 AM
Eh, makes me think of the Justice League.

Cross-overs and "What if"s are sometimes good. I've never really liked Superman much though

:D Rather just have one big Batman vs. All movie

JMK
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:06:44 PM
Crossover? Like Spider Man & the X-Men? ;) I could handle that.

ReaperFett
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:45:28 PM
I think it could be good, if they get the right actors. I'd keep Clooney, but who would be Superman? Cage doesnt look right for me

Figrin D'an
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:29:11 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
I think it could be good, if they get the right actors. I'd keep Clooney, but who would be Superman? Cage doesnt look right for me

Yuck, dude... Clooney is a good actor, but he was just bad as Batman (not much better than Val Kilmer). He's just not right for a superhero-type of role. Granted, everything about the last Batman film stank like guano...

If this project happens, they should start over with all new actors in every role...

We're going to get bombarded with superhero flicks over the next few years... new Batman film, Spiderman 2, X-Men 2 and 3, Daredevil, now maybe this crossover film... hopefully, at least a couple of them will be good.

JonathanLB
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:30:15 PM
I'm making a killing on this stock at HSX!

I bought 25,000 shares of this movie stock on HSX at $67 and it's already trading at $87. I JUST bought the shares about three days ago. It's up $11 today alone, hehe. I have made more than $400,000 HSX dollars from it. Whoo hoo!

My Tomb Raider 2 stock is doing well too. 50,000 shares at $31 and it's up to $38 already. It'll hit $100 eventually. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:52:25 PM
Fig, he could be the best actor in the world, he couldnt help that film :)

I still wish they'd followed his plot idea.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:04:32 PM
I would prefer if Keaton played Batman. Okay, Keaton is a weed, but he had the almost psycho qualities that Batman really is down pat. He is out to get every low slimeball and throw them behind bars. Val Kilmer was just so,..... bland. And Clooney, well the rest of that movie stunk so badly, who cared?

I would think Clooney as Superman could work

Figrin D'an
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:10:24 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Fig, he could be the best actor in the world, he couldnt help that film :)

I still wish they'd followed his plot idea.

Very true... that film was doomed from the beginning... :)

What was Clooney's idea? I never bothered to find out much about the film, beyond the one time that I watched it and vowed to never do so again...

ReaperFett
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:12:02 PM
Basically, I hear Clooney wanted a film that was a lot darker. Robin died, ALfred may have too. IIRC, they wouldnt accept it because of its darkness

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:14:06 PM
I think they will go with new actors, Peterson mentions Matt Damon for one of them have no clue who maybe Superman? The old rumor had Mel Gibson as Batman but that was over a year ago.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:26:15 PM
I would have liked to have seen Robin died...as about 6 of them died in the comics.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:44:58 PM
I only know of one the second one, and I can't remember his name the last one Drake is still alive as far as I know. The Joker killed Robin #2 and it is considered one of the darkest and most contraversal moments in the comic books.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:04:39 PM
I have the comic where robin 6 I think it was, was diced to peices. Really gorey.

JMK
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:34:39 PM
I've still got "A Death in the Family" and I was glad they knocked off that little twerp. He just held Batman back.
If Batman and Superman ever were to fight for real, Batman wouldn't stand a chance, unless he had all kinds of Kryptonite gadgets, then he's cheating. In A Death in the Family, Batman punches Superman in the face and nearly breaks his arm. Superman just rolled with the punch because it was his friend and he didn't want to hurt him. Batman would get his rear handed to him.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:35:40 PM
That could have been one of those future ones like the one involving Batman killing Superman, because as far as the actual contiuity there has only been 3 Robins up till now.

Jedieb
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:56:13 PM
There's only one Batman V. Superman movie I'd want to see and that's Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. I doubt will EVER see that on film. It's too dark. Kiddies aren't going to want to see a burnt out middled aged Batman beat the stuffing out of a goverment controlled Superman who's a walking joke. Too much negativity for that movie to ever get made. So you're left with younger versions of the two characters and a Hollywood script. It could work, but it's going to be a tough sell. But doesn't this movie kill any other Superman project? I really wanted to see that Kevin Smith Superman Lives movie. It was suppose to open with an epic battle between Superman and Doomsday. But the studio kept trying to make it more kid friendly. Plus, Tim Burton and Cage's salaries and contract demands helped kill the movie. So instead we're getting this Batman V. Superman. Maybe I'm being pessimistic because I really wanted to watch the other two movies I mentioned. This COULD be a solid comic book movie. We'll have to wait and see.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:33:45 PM
Hi :) I never post here but this caught my eye :lol

Batman and Superman can work because it does so in the comics. Dark Knight as was mentioned is one but also when written correctly, you see a lot of dynamics between Batman and Superman in the JLA comics.

There is always tension and their methods are different but they get the job done :) You just have to make sure that the differences are there to see and hear on the big screen ... but also come across that two people that are so different can work together if the cause calls for it.

I am looking for to this movie and not at the same time :| recent batman movies are horrid and who knows how supes will be

JonathanLB
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:02:07 PM
I think Val Kilmer was a great Batman. Keaton was best... though.

Clooney was lousy, but the poor guy, anyone would have had a rough time with that hack Joel Schumaker directing. "Ooo if I make it really glitzy and put weird neon lights all over the city it'll be SO cool!" You are a fool, Joel. Go back to 7-11 and leave directing to real men. lol.

Nah Bad Company wasn't that bad. ;) I liked it. But it bombed, and critics hated it, so the guy manages to screw up just about everything.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:06:21 PM
Its weird though because Joel was probably a good director his best two films I think are John Grisham novels made into film, A Time to Kill and the Client, which to me is one of the best filmed of the Grisham novels (I think The Rainmaker was the best but that is just my opinion) it seems thought that his career has fallen apart since Batman and Robin, lately he has gone the opposite way he tried to do a couple of dark movies, 8mm being the first and that film was just horrible probably the worst film he has directed, I can't remember the name of the other movie but it didn't make any money and I can't remember it so it must have not been any good.

JonathanLB
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:10:14 PM
Oh my god, 8mm was SO horrible. It was almost unbearable. I could not believe I watched that stupid thing...

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:17:00 PM
I know it was on cable one night and I watched it the only thing was horrid not only was it sick but the plot made no sense and most of the acting was horrible excpet for Cage who is rarely bad in his movies.

JonathanLB
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:40:28 PM
Yeah, ugg. The plot was sick, really sick, and it just was disturbing, boring, and bad.

I like Cage a lot actually, but dang... He's gotta find better movies than that and Captain Correli's Mandolin.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:49:56 PM
I know his last few films have really bombed (Windtalkers, captain whater, 8mm) only Gone in 60 seconds was a hit and just barely. He is suppose to play Ghost Rider I hope that turns his career around.