PDA

View Full Version : SW Infinities The Empire Strikes Back

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:05:10 PM
I just picked up this new comic today and it is very interesting in it, Luke dies on Hoth, Han makes it too late to save him, then when they are having a service for Luke the Empire invades and it is worse for the republic than after the battle of Hoth in the movie. Wedge and Janson both get killed and Han and the others barely escape. Also Han thinks that Luke wanted him to go to Dagobah and train as a Jedi which is weird I have to admit but I think there is more to it. The Issue ends with Han and the others going to Cloud City meeting Lando. Then Lando goes into his office only to find Boba Fett sitting behind his desk with his helmet off looking exactly like a slightly younger Jango. so has anybody else read it.

Jedieb
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:50:51 PM
I read it earlier this week also. I've looking forward to this series for a long time. But I have to say, I was a bit put off by what they did with Luke. I couldn't believe they killed him. I'm thinking that they may have him become a spirit. It's Infinities, so they can do whatever they want. I think once Han & Leia get to Dagobah, they'll discover that Yoda wants to train Leia, not Han. It'll be interesting to see where they take this next. They've got to get off of Cloud City first. I wonder if they'll have Vader show up at all. Will they have Leia face Vader twice or just once? How will she find out Vader is her father? There are so many interesting directions they can take.

BTW, they're going to make Infinities stories for ROTJ, and TPM. I can only imagine if these continue to be successful that we'll see an AOTC version as well.

ReaperFett
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:52:51 PM
Most compalined ANH didnt change enough. THe ESB change was a good idea, IMO

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:30:01 PM
Well it didn't bother me about Luke too much and it is a huge change I have to give them the congrats that they had the courage to make such a huge decision. Also I agree with you about Han and Leia we know Han has no force potetial and we know Leia does so that makes since, IMO. As far as Fett, I don't think Vader will be showing up this time, I think Fett is there because of the bounty on Han by Jabba, he was more interested in that in TESB IMO than anything else. I also wonder what the change will be in ROTJ and TPM, in the TPM I wonder if it will be what if Obi-Wan had died instead of Qui-Gon that would be interesting change would Qui-Gon have trained Anakin differently than Obi-Wan.

Chase Starwalker
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:03:28 PM
interesting thinking Carr, i might have to look into Infinities...

ReaperFett
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:05:37 PM
dont yet. ANH was apparently awful :)

JMK
Jul 16th, 2002, 08:49:45 PM
Weird sounding stuff! I think I'll stick to the movies! :p

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:02:28 PM
I aint gunna touch em

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:00:50 PM
I liked ANH infinities for the most part, didn't care for the Yoda thing I thought that went against his code but other than that I liked the rest of it, TESB interests me more though so far.

Jedieb
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:10:40 PM
Blasphamy! Star Wars Infinities was AWESOME! They picked up right at the Death Star trench run, and basically rewrote the rest of the trilogy from that point on. That 4-issue miniseries was the probably the best SW comic to hit stores in years. The series was so SUCCESSFUL that it greenlighted the continuation of the Infinities series for the rest of the films. This is really good stuff that doesn't give a rat's butt about EU continuity. That's one of the things that makes it great!

ReaperFett
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:24:24 PM
If I see it, I may try it, just for the Yoda part :)

Alpha
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:30:58 PM
I need to try these things...

ReaperFett
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:39:00 PM
lol, so much ahead of you to experience :)

Alpha
Jul 17th, 2002, 04:25:03 PM
yup...:) So many things...so much time too. :D

ReaperFett
Jul 17th, 2002, 05:18:31 PM
lol, while time is ebbing away for us old people ;)