PDA

View Full Version : Fulfilling a Birth Right

Miklon
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:12:58 AM
Leaving a birth right was not an easy thing to do, especially after having such a priviliged and pampered upbringing. Although, when he found out about his Jedi heritage, Miklon's one track mind took over. Dispite his parents' plea, Miklon shed his title and took one of the family's unmarked transports to Arcan IV. In Miklon's mind, fulfilling a birth right as a Jedi was far more important than one as noble.

The pilot droids completed the landing cycle of the transport, and informed Miklon that it was safe to depart. He'd been travel almost for three weeks in the cramped quarters of the transport; stepping out onto the gangramp, he winced at the sudden change in the brightness of the afternoon sun. The golden thread on his robes sparkled in the natraul light, and the greens and purples became vibrant once again. But, the base black on his robes warmed him, making him begin to sweat.

Running a finger under his snug collar, and matting his forehead and golden brown beard with an absorbant cloth, Miklon processed to the Recruitment Center, whose doors laid before him. The architecture of the Center was not as spectaular as it was on his home planet, however, it had its own certain beauty. Stepping into the main foyer, Miklon saw pairs or trios Jedi passing through. Most were in what was considered traditional dress, while others were in the fashions of their native worlds.

He saw no one inparticular that was welcoming prospective Jedi. A pair walked by him, the near Jedi smiling at him. Natrually, he smiled back, not thinking that this Jedi could help him. His robes swrilled as he spun around quickly, trying to regain the attention of the friendly Jedi.

"Excuse me," he called out, "Excuse me, madam. Could you help me?" Miklon started to lightly jog towards the pair, to catch up.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:40:16 PM
Ki Adi calmly walked up to the newcomer and bowed.

" Greetings. I am Jedi Padawan Kindo. What is it you need of the Jedi? said the still calm Kindo.

Miklon
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:53:33 PM
Miklon turned away for the female Jedi he's was pursuing when he hear a male voice speak out to him, or so he assumed. As it was, he was indeed being addressed.

"Oh, hello. My name is Miklon of the House..." he paused for a moment, remembing that he shead his title, and his house, when he left. "Excuse me, simply Miklon. I'd like be to become a member of your noble ranks and be opened up to the Force."

Xazor Elessar
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:47:29 PM
Xazor stepped from the shadows and smiled, her elongated canines catching the light. She tilted her head to the side and eyed the newcomer for a moment before saying anything.

"Oh really? You seek to join the Jedi this day? I sense you have sacrificed much to do so....."

She said softly, but her powerful voice echoed off the walls as she stood behind him. The red velvet robes that she wore clung to her body and gathered at her feet on the ground. The Garou Warrior Braids that adorned her waist length blonde hair, were interwoven with gold coins of the planet Eden....where she was born and her clan originated from. He was raised much like her, it appeared.....he was well to do.....or at least, he was. She too was of a higher standing....the Alpha Female of her pack in the Garou world. She smiled to herself and waited for him to take notice of her.....

Miklon
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:40:39 AM
Miklon was taken back a moment by the appearance of this new Jedi. She was truely stunning. He took an extra moment to gather all that had just happened in these few short seconds.

"I sense you have sacrificed much to do so..."

"That I have, that I have. But it is a sacrifice that was necessary."

Xazor Elessar
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:33:36 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled gently. Indeed, he had a giving and kind spirit about him.

"And you have given up so much to do what? Become a Jedi and serve the Light whole heartedly for the rest of your life? This is not an easy path to travel, my friend. Things will not be done for you anymore....you will give yourself completely and be hated for the good that you do. Many will rely on you....yet many will hate you and hunt you for choosing this life. Is that what you want?"

She questioned with a serious look on her face. Many choose this life and then backed out of it when trials faced them. She had to make sure that he understood what being a Jedi really entailed. It was not a fantasy land of superheros....it was not a fantasy land of freedom, beauty, and love....no....it was a difficult life that only ones who really were devoted could live....she wondered what his answer would be....

Miklon
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:52:46 PM
Miklon nodded with a distant look in his eyes. His parents had reminded him off all his would be giving up if he left. And weither or not he because a Jedi, by leaving against his parents' wishes, he gave up his lavish lifestyle, wealth, and birthright.

"I'm well aware of what I'm giving up," the words came out smoothly, with a hint of his Core accent, "And I know in my heart and soul, that this is my true calling. When I found out about my heritage, there was no question in my mind that I was to become a Jedi."

Xazor Elessar
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:57:09 PM
Xazor smiled gently and bowed her head.

"I have not introduced myself. I am Warrior Jedi Knight, and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. This day....I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. A Master shall be appointed to you and shall contact you with training information soon. You have a good heart, young man....don't loose it."

She said with a warm smile, waiting for his reply.....

Miklon
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:36:35 PM
Being accepted by the Jedi made Miklon feel whole once again. Giving up his title left a dent in his life for the three week travel period. With a smile, Miklon finally felt closure come to his journey.

"I shall not loose it, Master Dawnstrider," he bowed slighty as he said her name, "I am simply known as Miklon now that I have given up my first birthright."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:38:45 PM
Kindo, who was still standing next to Xazor, walked closer to Miklon.

" Allow me to say it is good to have you in the GJO. Allow me inform you of some of are areas here at the GJO. We have the Liivng Quarters, where you may now find you a room. We have the Academy, wheer once you get a Master, you will be taught. Feel free to go to Master Yoghurts Bar and Grill and make some new friends. Ask for me sometime their and I will have dinner with you, and let you meet some great people. "

Xazor Elessar
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:16:45 AM
Xazor smiled and bowed in return.

"Well, Padawan Miklon....make yourself at home and if you have any questions, seek me out....or the other members of the Jedi Order. All are here to help you and are more than willing."

The Knight then turned to Ki-Adi and smiled with a bow of her head. She nodded in agreement with his words.

"Yes, if you would show him around, perhaps....he would become acclimated faster. Help him make friends and make him feel comfortable. Thank you, young Padawan..."

With that, Xazor bowed and smiled once again, then slipped off to greet some other Padawan hopefuls....

Miklon
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:46:44 AM
Stands on head.