PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's New Groove

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:29:09 AM
I finally got to see this movie!

You know what was disappointing about it? Disney doesnt do more of this! Quite funny, not sickening and no musical numbers... very worth the hire for a night at the least. But, just why doesnt Disney do more like this and why did they do Return to Netherland? Makes no sense to me.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:26:02 AM
Return to Netherland

Is this some evil Netherworld Disney movie I haven't heard of? o_O

Charley
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:05:47 AM
It was a good laugh...but it didn't have the magical feel that earlier Disney Megahits had. But it beat the snot out of anything I've seen since Poke-a-hot-ass, and paved the way for Disney to finally release another wonderful movie - Lilo and Stitch.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:37:59 AM
:lol!!! @ Poke-a-hot-ass

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:21:15 AM
*ahhh* I love the Emperor's New Groove. Its zany. :D Like me. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:02:55 PM
Wird how the Mouse House can pay for Pixar to produce 4 bloody good films, do Lilo and Stitch and Emperor's New Groove - and on the other hand put out some utter garbage. To me, the moives that go with the tired and true Disney formula are just not working, while the ones that take a few risks and do something different are working much better. It could be that the animators are less restricted?

Disney really have to look at Walt and what he did - cutting edge, willing to take risks, maybe a touch too violent, but still funny and absurd at times. Once you settle for a tried and true formula, thats when things rot.