PDA

View Full Version : The Technocracy (Only serious posts please)

Lord Gue
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:06:11 PM
<center>
<h2>
Analysing the past. Creating the future. Controlling the present.
</h2>
</center>
Omerose
A plain world, a dull world, an active world. The United Imperial Technologies called this planet home, and with the death of the Empire, it was its base of operations. UIT had been responsable for the Empires greatest of inovations and had been uperating right up until the end of the era. This day UIT still remains, a self runing, self sustaining Technocracy. Its descions infoulable, its leader undeniable, its machines... running perfection. All this designed and kept operating under the careful eye of its founder Khendon Sevon.

This day, Michael Gue, a former Imperial Leader, power sith, and father to some, had gathered a great many scientists in one of the UIT's greatest labs.

"But Mr. Gue, its been tried before, those two kind of systems dont merge, they reject each other."

"I concur sir, this is ridiculous. Organics and Mechanicals dont mix"

"Listen here, you are some of the smartest people in the galaxy, I believe you can do this, if not there is no one that can. Im going to seperate you all into three seperate teams to work on three seperate projects, I will inform you all duely on what i need and what you must do, but I want you all in this lab and to help each other, have you got that?

"We guess.."

Lord Gue
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:38:40 AM
Late that afternoon found Gue suckling on a rather quickly emptied bottle of Bromithian Ale. He sat at a lone table in the company's lower level bar. He always did enjoy the prescenes of the worthless scraps of life that inhabited the lower levels of anything, especially the skruags that would do anything for a credit. Throwing his head back he downed the last remenants of his drink and stood, staggering a bit from the effects of his posion of choice, before making his way out the door. As he pressed on the old fashoined manual doors he managed to knock into someone entering at the same time. They cursed very loudly and very profuosly, but only in one, very foriegn language. As Michael walked past the man he heard the definative sound of a blaster handgun being activated, its initial hum filling his ears as he swung around, kicking out with his left foot, stricking the drunkards hand, knowcking the weapon away. He leaped to the mans front, grasping his trechea by his finger tips, diging them under and in his throat.
"If this were my choice you would have been dead already, I would be informing your wife and kids myself as to why dear dad wasnt coming home ever again. But this time you will live, as a favor to another frie.."
[I]The creature must not have understood, as it began working a primative knife from its boot. Gue quickly broke the skin barrier of the creatures neck, encircling its inner throat as he snapped it mercilessly, rippin an end out as he tore his hand free. Another holo call to make, another day, let them wonder where their father is.
He made his way back toward the labs, his team best have made some progress by now, he demanded it of them.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 15th, 2002, 11:34:18 AM
Khendon stood on the observation level of the laboratory, the tinted windows not hinting to his presence from the other side of the massive glass wall that looked down into the facility. He clasped his hands behind his back and peered at the bright monitors that displayed all sorts of technical data and life signs. Gue’s project was odd, and costing a large sum of money, several million credits a week, twenty of Khendon’s finest engineers and designers were working round the clock, not to mention the other various people who played a part without the knowledge of it.

A marriage of the technologies that Gue was talking about would result in something odd, something that even the Vong couldn’t do to an adequate level, of course they could change mechanical ships to be controlled by the same organic interfaces that they used, but they couldn’t perfect the art in such a way as this man said he could. Khendon felt new technologies would come out of the project, even if it failed, that would be useful, otherwise he wouldn’t have approved the project.

Now, Khendon had come to collect, Gue would have to show some sort of progress, and it had better be advanced progress, the kind that dreams are made of. He relaxed his hands and then clasped the cold metal bar that ran the length of the observation deck, his face cold and uncaring, but his eyes dancing as a child’s in a candy store.

Lord Gue
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:53:34 PM
"You! Are the electrostimuli being supplied to that Verbobrain?"
A particularly shakey white coat fingered a counsole, moving over reading after reading.
"Yes sir, responding an afirmative on all tests, shall I upload the Ychnorr data now?"
"Do so, then run operational tests, see how it responds to hypothetical scenarios before we install it in the real model"
"yes sir"
Runing over towards a rather large holochamber at the center of the freshly redesigned lab. In it was a model of the Hoth system, planet sun asteroids, the whole deal. Over and over again a small sphere would enter the chamber, engage a random vessel in combat and then the whole visual would restart. Every scenario a few scientists would record the results, tweak the spheres design and start it again.
"Hows progress over here?"
"Going quite nicely sir, I believe most of the design flaws have been worked out and compensated for, but we intended to work until completed."
"Excellent"

Khendon Sevon
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:41:57 PM
Khendon sighed slightly, increasing his hold on the sharply cold metallic railing as he stared at the workers below, his eyes piercing through the darkened glass, cutting through the souls of those who hurried below to complete the project on time, and with the quality demanded by UIT regulations.

The room was dark and spartan, the oxygen recycled and warm. A minute trace of sweat covered Khendon’s brow, he wiped it on his cuff and walked over to an exit, taking an equally sparkly illuminated staircase to the lab below. The clicking of Khendon’s boots filled the air as he walked down the stairs to the room below.

It was odd how all labs looked fairly the same, white or silvery walls, instruments lining them with shapes that looked futuristic. Everything was clean and tidy, the way a lab was truly meant to be. Khendon walked over to Gue and smiled, “how are you, Gue?”

Lord Gue
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:47:16 PM
"Doing good boss man"
He laughed to himself, signing a pad before handing it off to a subordinate who quickly ran off to a corner of a lab to continue his own personal project as a section of the whole.
"I supose you've been watching us in here, how do you like the results so far?"
[I]He indicated to the Holocube which was currently runing statistic after statistic on the multiple projects the lab was currently undertaking

Khendon Sevon
Jul 21st, 2002, 07:17:59 PM
Khendon cut directly to the point, “The computer generated simulations are looking good, but I want this thing to be more than good on paper, it needs to perform, how long until I’ll be able to see one truly fight?” He grinned in a friendly fashion and crossed his arms, his poise still demanding respect and acknowledgement.

He wondered exactly how well this unusual marriage of technologies would perform, if it were worth the immense cost of developing, and probably constructing. Would it replace his current designs? Khendon hid the thoughts in the back of his mind, padded and protected from his other thoughts as he probed Gue’s face for a preview of his answer, and to judge how accurate it would be.

Lord Gue
Jul 21st, 2002, 07:28:36 PM
He grinned, self assured as he craned his kneck back to look at the fully functioning Vibro brain, turning to the other side, a full slab of testing ships armor, he looked back to Khendon.
"I could have testing ready for your approval in as quick as a few days, by your command"

Khendon Sevon
Jul 21st, 2002, 07:54:36 PM
Khendon’s grin widened and he nodded his head, “the space testing facilities will be notified, tracking systems fine tuned, and any targets you require readied. Good work, might I add, Gue. If everything goes according to plan, we’ll have another ace in our pockets.” He was pleased with the progress, and as far as Khendon saw it, the project might even succeed and he’d have another toy to elevate UIT and its buyers in the galactic arms race.

Lord Gue
Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:23:43 PM
[I]The space above bustled with activity, shipments back and forth, deployments, and the constructions of the greatest thing to hit space. By Khendons word the trials would begin both planetside and spaceward on the two developed projects...

Khendon Sevon
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:18:39 PM
In high orbit over the planet was one of the few craft of UIT’s fleet, a Nihilist-class Star Destroyer. These craft were seldom seen, and often, when one did see them, it meant utter destruction, fore the craft had both stealth technology, and powerful weapon’s technology, even at the small size of 1000 meters.

“Activate all sensors, and prepare to record all events,” Khendon said, as he stared at the view screen before him. “Contact, Gue, and tell him he may begin when ready.”

Khendon had given the eager scientist the go-ahead and provided both ground testing bases and space based ones. The show would be grand, or that’s what he hoped.