PDA

View Full Version : NExt Council election -

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:17:37 PM
a) Whos running it?

b) What are the rules of election?

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:20:51 PM
I dont see why we can have two of the current members of the Council keeping tabs ... or if that is not liked, two general volunteers to keep tally.

Rules? Vote for Knights and above and all that have access here has a voice.

:: would write more but is cheesed and needs sleep ::

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:24:39 PM
I agree with Nav! I think that's all that we need for rules! :) I volunteer to help run/ keep track of stuff if you would have me... :D

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:27:31 PM
Be important to add to vote on people that are active, you know will do a good job and is good with working with peeps etc blah blah blah :lol

Another point to be brought up ... how many?

Personally the number we have so far is fine... When in doubt we always have someone fill in if needed

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:31:59 PM
Yes, wasn't there discussion of adding one more??? And about the Active members, that's a great point as well! :D All of these things should be posted at the top of the thread for voting. And anything that has to do with the election should be posted in a separate thread...otherwise it gets "messy" and is a pain to clean up! :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:50:41 PM
I think from memory of the last thread, it was 7 to be elected, and again, Knights and above eligible and all who have access in here have the vote.

As for who runs - I prefer not to do it.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:52:42 PM
What do you mean...who runs it???? Okay....I'll help out in any way that I can. Leia did a really nice job last time. Nav, you wanna do something too?? :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:57:03 PM
As in who runs the election. I'ld ask Nav if she will do the honours, that is if she will.

Estelle Russard
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:03:25 PM
Didnt we just do this??

Morgan Evanar
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:03:36 PM
I pretty much did it last time with AB's and Leia's help, but I just don't have the time right now.

Estelle Russard
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:04:15 PM
jinx Morg.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:08:39 PM
*jumps up and down waving arms*

I'll help! I'm available!! :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:17:41 PM
Okay, who gave Xazor the happy gas?

I would firstly want to see if Nav will be up for running the election. And yes, you can help *sigh* (I swear, she bounces off the walls somedays.....)

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 07:31:29 PM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

I'll do whatever you'll have me to do! (keep tally perhaps??? ;)) :lol

*bounces off walls*

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:21:01 PM
Sure I will be happy to run the election. Xazor can help too ... :: reminds to get the girl some valium ::

:lol

Anyway, excellent point .... The vote thread is for voting.... And another thread will be started by me as well (since I don't mind tallying votes and stuff and doing this) :) for any question or concerns about the vote.

I believe if people have questions for those that they wish to vote for, that thread would be appropriate.

7 to vote for, Yog is permanant. - Any other problems with this number?

Knights and Master Jedi are to be voted for.

All that have access to Avalon has a vote

One character should be voted for since we ran into this problem with Anbira/Jubei. Pick Anbira :lol

Don't feel pressured to vote for all 7 just because a spot needs to be is something to impress to. I mean, hell, some padawans might not know everyone or what not. That is where the other thread would come in for questions and the like :)

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:28:32 PM
Okay.....so people with multiple characters like Anbira/Jubei.....you're saying, don't vote for both....right?? :lol What if a few people vote for Jubei.....and a few for Anbira? That's okay too, right? (not saying I am going to confuse things like that, I'd vote for Anbira because I know more about him) but that's what you're saying, correct?? :lol And yes, all of your points are the ones that needed to be covered.......I believe anyway. (If my mind serves me well...... :lol) Hmm......can't think of anything else though. What shall you have me do, Nav?? :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:33:09 PM
I meant that those people that play multiple characters votes for only one character.

In the case of Charley, vote for Anbira since he plays both Anbira and Jubei. That is what we decided.

Well, after I start the intial threads ... you can keep tally along with me. Do it the way that is normally done by counting the votes and editing out the first post of the thread and making sure to let me and everyone know what was the last post counted.

Also, good to note that if someone does change their votes or adds a vote PLEASE EDIT IT SO IT SAYS THAT.

avoids confusion ^_^

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:36:15 PM
Oh, okay.....I fully understand now! :)

And....I am not an all around Mod....just forum specific, so I can't edit your post and do tally. If you would have me do so....You can lay out the rules in your first post, then I'll post right after that with like.....a tally post, just strictly for that purpose. It'll be waaay easier, I think anyways...... :lol What do you think, Nav? :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:38:54 PM
Oh yeah ... I'm a super-mod :| I keep forgetting ^_^; You wouldn't be able to edit my post :lol

Yeah, post after me. Nothing special since it will be edited a lot.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:41:19 PM
Alright......I'll just head it that it's the tally thing or something....and then leave it blank until some people start voting :lol You may also want to make clear, that the people that other people have voted for.....are not the only ones that you can vote for! :lol That's where, if they don't know other people or whatever, your other topic would be very cool for them! :) Ask questions and what not about other peeps! :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:42:28 PM
:)

So... when does voting take place? End of August right?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:44:18 PM
I think so....doesn't it go for a few weeks to give peeps enough time?? I think that's how it was last time...... :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:27:50 PM
The voting begins in August - I think Have a flick downwards and see when hte last votoe occured. I seem to remember Last week of April or somthing like that.

Darth Vader
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:55:50 PM
Fear not. Jubei will never run for the council. He's content to wander the earth, lake Cain from Kung Fu :)

Oriadin
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:23:41 AM
Ok, I dont mean to sound thick or anything but what is the main point of the council? Is it just to give 7 people a title? It just seemed to me that there wasnt a great deal done by the council. The only thing I really saw them comment on was who is to be knighted and thats about it.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:17:13 AM
Tradition and the fact there is a Jedi Council Perhaps?

Let's see, there were lots of RP's that Xazor and a few others wanted the Council to be part of coughMarcus'returncough :)

Plus, Council has final say on Knighthood ... Perhaps it is just merely a title because the GJO is pretty loose and everyone can be part of the decision making process but it is nice to have some form of leadership per se when certain things come up.

It's also nice for those that have been around for months and even years that care about this group, to give them something.

Or for that newbie that has proven themselves as well.

It might not be so formal like the Sith Empire but personally, in my opinion, since I been on both sides of the coin, being less formal good. More people do things without thinking the Council needs to stamp the approval on everything.

AmazonBabe
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:23:15 PM
I would like to aid with the next election like I did last time. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:10:46 PM
:x

Okay, hint taken! I'll post today ........

Xazor Elessar
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:45:10 PM
:lol @ MArcus!!! <------- hehehehehe

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:56:23 PM
ANd WHat ARe YOu LAughing AT?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:57:54 PM
I DUnno....YOu....MAybe?! :lol!!! LOl!!!

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:02:13 PM
me?? wHY aRE yOU laughiNG at me fOR???

Xazor Elessar
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:06:45 PM
auGH!!! :mneh

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:17:34 PM
Dont you poke your tongue out at me young lady

Xazor Elessar
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:36:51 PM
:lol!!! :p

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:51:55 PM
Ahem.... okay, enough wotht he thread hijack, I think the election was last done in April, so that means the election is in fact due. I think we went sideways on a month for something.....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:20:40 PM
:: points at top ::

Council vote Aug

:p

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:26:46 PM
I'm still pretty sure we voted in April last time.

Or is the petrol sniffing finally corroding my brain?

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:40:08 PM
so it would be towards end of July... dat be cool :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:44:13 PM
so when should I start this mighty vote?

Last week of July?

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:32:02 PM
Sounds be good ot me

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:10:26 PM
okies, I shall start the vote the 21st ... that will give people over a week to vote =P