PDA

View Full Version : Depressed

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:50:04 PM
The Count slowly walked in, very suddle in movement and quiet to self. He sat at a table by himself. He had not been this depressed since the horrible death of his father. It had been a bunch of things, things that dragged his spirit to dirt level. Maybe a drink would help get his mind of things.

" Can I get a cup of Jawa Juice?"

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:20:52 PM
"NOOOO! You CAN'T get a cup of Jawa Juice! Not until ya cheer up, pal!"

Zeke was across the table from Kindo, leaning on it and smiling as usual.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:48:32 PM
The Count looked up at the kind fellow padiwan.

"Easier said than done my friend."

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:54:25 PM
Zeke blinked. How could being happy not be easy?

"I think YOU need to learn the 5 secrets to happiness, friend! But I won't teach ya 'til you're good an' ready!"

Zeke plopped down in a chair across from Kindo.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:11:28 AM
The Count raised a brow.

" Not to be rude, but you are also a padawan. A padawan's main goal is learn how to apply the Force. You, or any other person cannot teach me, I must learn myself, let the Force teach me, and build upon that. So next time ill know what to do. I think im cheering up now, because I realize my mission. You show a helpful attitude, and that is an asset of the Force. Thank you."

The Count smiled.

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:14:19 AM
Zeke ran a hand through his hair.

"Okay. Makin' people happy's m'job. The 5 secrets aren't Force related...more like my 5 things that make me cheer up...not like i ever need it. Glad to be of service. NOW you can have that Jawa Juice..."

Zeke pulled over a server and ordered the Jawa Juice. He got something else for himself.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:02:38 AM
s'Il had watched the exchange between the two Jedi padawans from the seclusion of her back booth; her customary bottle of sake in front of her, and her small cup half empty. Or half full. It all depended on one's outlook on life. She herself never tended to concern herself with thoughts like optimism or pessimism; whatever happened happened, and she would roll with the punches the day threw at her.

The two padawans were like day and night in their respective moods; she didn't know either of them, but that didn't matter to her. It didn't take a genius to figure out the difference in the two's demeanors. Depression was something she was very much used to, though lately she had been far from that frame of mind; events in her own personal life had given her cause to not have such a constant emotionally placid outlook on life.

Sure, she was happy; she was living her life how she wanted to live it, challenging herself, constantly pushing her limits. And now, there was something else. It was growing, but she was still not sure exactly what it was, and pushing the thought to the back of her mind for the time being, she continued to watch the two padawans.

Presently her curiosity won out over her normal laziness, and slowly getting to her feet, she grasped her bottle and cup lightly, ambling over to the two. For her to approach force users was something unheard of; ironic that though she tended to avoid those who used the force, she frequented a Jedi bar; she even cared, very deeply in fact, for a man who was a force user.

As she neared the two's table, she set the bottle of sake down gently on the table top with a dull thunk.

"A depressed soul is usually open for manipulation," she started, staring down at the one who sat dejectedly in his seat. Her metallic eyes glinted; much as those of a cat's that glowed at night. In the semi-darkness of the bar, a light caught her eyes for a few moments, and the effect lasted a little longer.

"However," she continued, still looking down, "it also brings people out of the woodwork, so to speak, to listen to your troubles; though I'll let you in on a little secret. Most of the ones who listen to you don't give a damn. They just want validation in their own lives; and the assurance that they aren't utter wretches."

She snorted; more to herself than anyone else as she hooked a booted foot around the leg of an empty chair, pulling it out so she could lower her small frame onto it. "You're lucky I'm not one of those people."

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:07:44 AM
Zeke raised an eyebrow at her.

"That's not right...but sadly, its true. And besides, the point here is that dude...say, what was your name, anyways? And who are YOU? M'name's Zeke."

Zeke ran a hand through his hair again, hiding his embarrassment at forgetting to introduce himself and ask their names.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:18:23 AM
The Count paused, then spoke.

" Vulnerable during depression a Jedi may be, but the Force shall be his strength. Greetings, I am Ki-Adi-Kindo."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:25:42 AM
s'Il was silent for a while, looking between the two, watching their reactions as she leaned back, taking a sip of her sake, and setting the small cup down on the tabletop, she let out a breath.

"s'Il," she said simply.

"And of course it's true," she said, looking to Zeke, "I've seen it too many times."

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:30:12 AM
Zeke's grin didn't waver.

"I never seen it in action, but I seen the result of it! I was on a starship comin' here and we got hijacked by pirates. I remember b'cuz I was livin in my cardboard box in the cargo bay. I saw lotsa people who were controlled like that. I also seen people listen and not care. But usually to something minor."

Zeke blinked.

"Do you consder this minor?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:35:16 AM
"Who's to say what's minor or major in any one person's life," s'Il replied, crossing her arms over her chest. She stretched her feet out, crossing them in the process as she settled herself more in her new seat. She watched Zeke, her metallic eyes locking with his own eyes, and she let a ghost of a smile play across her features.

"It's all in the eye of the beholder."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:39:49 AM
" I can assure both of you, it was a minor thing. I just had to let the Force take control. A Jedi cannot function without the power of the Force. The only thing that can ever solve my sadness is the Force."

Kindo smiled and sipped on his Jawa Juice.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:57:09 AM
Her gaze snapped back to Kindo, and she tilted her head slightly to the side, lightly chided him. "Sadness isn't fixed by just the force; I know. I've.... been..... am a part of it, you might say. It may help, but there's always something else.

"There's two things in life you always have to remember that really matter to you."

s'Il held up her index finger. "One: whatever it is you care about; whether it be a person or thing, or the force even."

She held up another finger. "And two..... " she shook her head. "Well, hell; nobody knows what two is, just that it's there and it's important. Just one of those things."

Her hand then reached out for the bottle of sake she'd set down, and pouring herself another cup, let out a sigh. "So don't say it's just one thing that'll help you through your life. Even if you get on in life, there's gonna be something else that that gets added to your life that'll make all the difference in the world.

"Trust me on that; It's happening to a....... friend of mine right now," she finished, sipping her sake.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:08:51 AM
" A TRUE Jedi is one with the Force. It is his ally."

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:44:16 AM
"I was one with a janitor's cart once. That wasn't fun at all! I'm still learnin' to be one with the Force though. I'll be fine so long as they dont have to dismantle it to get me out."

Zeke's smile grew, but the other two scowled at him.

"...what?" he asked spreading his arms. "You two are waaaay too serious! Drinks! Yeah!"

Zeke handed Kindo his Jawa Juice and took his own drink from the waiter.

"I hear that stuff's made with Jawa blood. Izzat true?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:43:42 PM
s'Il had to laugh; not at Zeke, but at the situation, and as she leaned forward unexpectedly her elbows came down to rest on the table. Her finger came up once more, and she grinned lopsidedly at Kindo.

"Jedi or no Jedi. Just don't forget this thing," she waggled her finger, "...whatever it is."

Her gaze shifted to his drink, and her eyebrows rose as she half answered Zeke's question. "It might as well be Jawa blood, but no. That gut rot right there is just Jagermeister with a little old-school Jolt and some grenadine.

"It has a nasty habit of landing people on their butts."

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:46:25 PM
Zeke laughed.

"Haha! That's great! But I don't think I'll have any...last time I had a drink that would "floor me" I woke up in a cardboard box in the cargo bay of a ship I'd never been on before."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:01:28 PM
"Zeke, will you be attending the Jedi Formal?"

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:03:22 PM
Zeke nodded.

"Yup! I'm going with Maia Tharrinn!"

Tomak Ohara
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:09:36 PM
Tomak stepped from the shadows, "Kindo has a point. Zeke it is good to be happy, but sometimes you are a little to happy. Kindo the force is something a jedi does need, but you can also have fun too. You can learn from anyone you have to understand that. I have learned many things from coming in contact with the jedi. Kepp your mind open Kindo. You have many friends who do not wish to see you depressed. I am one of them." Tomak nudged Kindo and Zeke in the arm, and then looked at the bartender, "Bring me a steak. Put anything ordered today on my tab.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:12:14 PM
" Good point Tomak. But who said the Force is all serious?
The Force is fun, joyful, and funny. The Force brings peace, and I get peace alot from comedy."

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:16:17 PM
"Preach it!"

Zeke raises his glass in a salute to Kindo.

"The Force is all those things! Heck yeah!"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:18:58 PM
Nursing the cup of sake in her hand, s'Il watched as the men conversed.

A Jedi Formal? New one on me; then again I don't really pay attention to what Jedi do, in all seriousness.

Leaning back once again, she stretched a little, her feet crossing once more beneath the table.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:21:29 PM
" Being Count on Serenno is the most royal position their. So i have always loved elegant events."

The Count leaned back to get comfortable.

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:24:09 PM
Zeke drained his glass.

"I never been to somethin' like this b'fore! I bet all my secrets of happiness'll be there! It'll be awesome!"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:30:40 PM
" You are not kidding my friend!"

Kindo asks the waiter for a lemongrass tea.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:36:43 PM
Her bottle close to empty, s'Il told the waiter to also bring her a beer. ".....and not that 'house ale' thank you very much, bring me a Fat Tire."

Smirking, she turned to Zeke. "Secrets of happiness, eh."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:39:40 PM
" Ill tell you a way to hapiness, and its no secret. The ladies!"

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:41:40 PM
"YES! Ladies are the 1st secret to happiness!"

Zeke high-fived Kindo.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:42:24 PM
s'Il laughed. "Instant gratification for some, I suppose."

She smirked again. "Me; I'm not really into the ladies."

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:49:22 PM
Zeke laughed.

"O'course not! You're a lady yourself! For YOU, the first secret is men. For us, its ladies."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:55:19 PM
Her smirk grew into a wide grin as she looked at Zeke. "But how do you know that? Who's to say my first happiness isn't spending a quiet evening sitting in my office with a bottle of sake and staring at the paintings that hang along my walls."

She accepted the brew from the waiter when he returned, and took a sip. It was smooth, with just a hint of bitterness; she loved it.

"But as far as men, I only need one to make me happy."

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:58:11 PM
Zeke nodded.

"For some people it only takes one. I need lots of good looking women though. That way, it increases my chances of being able to change the first secret to "One good looking woman". Believe it or not, no one wants to date a guy that's perpetually happy. But I don't let it get me down!"

Zeke, having noticed his glass was empty, and that he was hungry, ordered another drink and a plate of food.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:18:50 PM
"Oh that doesn't mean I haven't had my fair share of men in my time," s'Il grinned, setting her beer on the table; it was already half gone.

Damn that's good stuff...

"Hell, half the fun of finding the one you have an inclination to spend the rest of your life with...." this caused her to pause. Yeah, I can see myself staying with Taylor...

She shook her head, coming back to the conversation at hand. "I've been with plenty of men; it's always good to test the waters, taste the local flavors, etc.

"That..... and it makes for great fodder around a good pitcher of beer." she grinned, grasping her tankard and lifted it to her lips, taking a drink.

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:23:31 PM
"Fodder?" Zeke repeated.

His food arrived, and he focused all his attention on that. He had it cleared before anyone could speak a word.

"That was good. Hey, another plate!"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:11:11 PM
"s'Il's eyebrows rose a little as she took another drink of her beer. "Yeah, 'fodder'. You know; funny stories to tell over a good beer?"

She set the mug down and watched as he literally inhaled his food.

"You're gonna choke a mule there, kid," she smirked, amusement on her face as she watched him.

Zeke
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:40:53 AM
"Why does everybody say that? Oh well, I guess they're gonna say it no matter WHAT I do..."

A new plate arrived and he cleared it again.

"That should do it for now...Fodder? Hey, Kindo, you got any fodder? I can't think of much..."

Dios Kane
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:31:42 AM
:: Dios walked in and saw two people he knew and another one he didn't recognize. they didn't seem to excited and didn't give off some happy vibes, all of them excluding Zeke of course. He walked over to them and sat down.::
Zeke, Kindo, What's up?
:: He extended his hand across the table to the woman there.::
How are you tonight? Dios Kane, you?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:43:09 PM
s'Il took the newcomer's hand and shook it accordingly.

"s'Il," she said simply, "and I'm......" she watched with raised eyebrows as Zeke polished off yet another plate in two seconds flat, ".....fine... thanks."

As she released his hand, she held up her now empty tankard to a passing server, indicating her wish for another.

"And make it a Fat Tire," she called as the server nodded, retreating to the bar to get her order.

Dreth Kindo
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:12:55 AM
Dreth walks toward the Count and the puts his hand on his sholder and say " Hello brother how are you?" I was thinking that I should come and see my brother to talk about good times. Dreth then sits down next to his brother. "So how are things here good I hope."