PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 8 count down :)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:01:32 PM
3 day's to the 2nd most bestest movie of the year ;)

I have a chance to watch it thursday before it is put out in wide release but I'm debating if I should or not. It will only be a few other people beside's myself and I'm afraid I might get scared :(

who all will be seeing it?? and for those of you who MAY see it out of curiosity rent 1 2 4 5 6 well even 7 before you see it .

Gav Mortis
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:12:07 PM
I can't wait to see it, although I'm not sure when it comes out over here yet. It certainly isn't as soon as you guys are getting it. At first I wasn't too enthusiastic about this film, but I thought, "What the hell - it's Michael Myers!" :)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:16:50 PM
I was the same way. As I said in the other Halloween thread , I'm kind of turned off by the Internet broadcast thing in the movie . But like you said IT MICHEAL so it can't be all bad.(i hope ) BTW where are you at GAV??

Gav Mortis
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:20:55 PM
Mesa in good Old Blighty, England. :)

I dunno, I think the internet broadcast might add a new dimension to the horror, suspense and tension. Having said that, wont it be similar to what they did in Halloween 2, with the cameras in the hospital. I thought it was simple but very, very effective. For that I thought 2 was more intense than 1.

Jedieb
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:21:59 PM
michael myers scaredest me to much. me can't watch him kill pretty teenagers. me hope jamie lee kills him quick.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:28:40 PM
wont it be similar to what they did in Halloween 2, with the cameras in the hospital. I thought it was simple but very, very effective. For that I thought 2 was more intense than 1. how true.I did read (or I thought ) that ROS said it would be the same style as halloweeen 2.I thought that he did a great job on 2 so I have somewhat high hopes for 8. Also Jamie Lee seemed to love the script , she filmed a couple of DAY's instead of her required 30 mins due to it :)

England? cool . Alot of the great horror lore comes from you guy's. HAMMER films!!! love them all.

they were english right:o

BUFFJEDI
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:30:54 PM
michael myers scaredest me to much. me can't watch him kill pretty teenagers. me hope jamie lee kills him quick. :lol :lol

Eb(s) is on a role tonight:)

no she get's the axe

Jedieb
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:33:58 PM
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Gav Mortis
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:40:59 PM
Originally posted by BUFFJEDI

no she get's the axe

That's why I don't want to watch it! :cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:28:11 AM
I won't see it. *looks at the spoilers*

Now I want to! !!! :lol j/k :)

JonathanLB
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:00:56 AM
This movie comes out Friday too?! This is really not fair. Come on, wtf? I cannot even deal with this...

lol.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:26:30 PM
Two day's to go :) till Halloween8 :)

you know Jon, If you would have just gone and seen Aotc instead of all the other movies this summer, you would be at 100 viewing's by now ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:54:41 PM
One more day !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I went to see AOTC tonight. was asked about watching H 8 later tonight and decided to wait until tomorrow. I'll leave work early watch it than skip over to AOTC agian :) man life is GREAT!!!!!!!

JonathanLB
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:55:22 PM
"you know Jon, If you would have just gone and seen Aotc instead of all the other movies this summer, you would be at 100 viewing's by now"

Nah, but I would be at a much higher number! I don't think I could tolerate having seen AOTC much more than I have, though. I mean there were a few days I wanted to see it and couldnt because of my car or being in Hawaii or whatever, but I mean, while I've been home and with a car, I have just seen it whenever I wanted to and that's been great. :)

For instance, that one day I saw 4 showings of movies, 2 were AOTC, one was Hey Arnold, one was Scooby Doo. If I'd have just seen AOTC I'd have been really sick of it by the end of that day, hehe. Like the time I saw it 4 times in one day, that was definitely interesting.

Well did anyone else think Halloween Resurrection pretty much was lame? I'm giving it two stars, because I'm not feeling mean and it didn't piss me off or anything. I was neutral towards it, but man...

Ok, first, WHO in the world asked for Blair Witch Project THREE?!?! I didn't. I didn't want to see another one ever again, yet Halloween Resurrection was basically BWP 3. The whole "teens go into a scary place with cameras" has ALREADY been done guys and the sequel BOMBED so the trend is ov-ah. Dead. Gone. I don't know why they couldn't come up with something better than that. Then the movie was absolutely ridiculous with the black rapper dude coming back to life basically after he should have been dead and of course the ending, hahaha, obviously nobody can ever kill "Michael Myers" (what a scary name...).

I hope the other Halloween movies are better than this one because it pretty much blew chunks.

Nupraptor
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:06:25 PM
The whole "teens go into a scary place with cameras" has ALREADY been done guys and the sequel BOMBED so the trend is ov-ahActually, judging from the trailer, I thought it more resembles "House on Haunted Hill" as opposed to the BWP. Nonetheless, I'm definitely going to avoid it like I did H20.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:12:07 PM
Unfortunately Jonathan, I discovered on IMDB today - much to my horror - that the BWP 3 is due for release sometime this year. I loved the first, I refuse to see the second one and unless the third echoes a brilliance and originality similar to that of the first(although you disagree on that :)) then I will avoid it like the plague.

I will not be seeing Resurrection. How such tripe can be spawned from such a wonderful pedigree is beyond me, same goes for most of the other Halloween sequels, save for 2 and H20.

Nupraptor
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:15:12 PM
I caught BWP2 on TV. It had one redeeming quality, and I'll leave you to guess what that was. :D

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:16:25 PM
The Blair Witch goes full-frontal? :lol

Nupraptor
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:20:20 PM
YES! :)

JonathanLB
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:31:13 PM
Oh god, they are making BWP3? I would have bought HSX.com stock in it if I'd know that. It was so cheap that I was like, hmm, yeah I'd buy it, but I don't think they'd ever be stupid enough to make Blair Witch Project 3 so I'm not buying stock.

And they ARE?! lol. That's scary...

At least the first one had a good concept and general idea. The second one just SUCKED really hard. I actually gave the first 0 stars and the second 1/2 star, so I thought the 2nd was technically speaking, "better," but I don't see why it matters at that point because both ratings suck hard. The only reason the 2nd movie got 1/2 star is because its larger budget allowed it to have slightly better production values. Ok, way better production values, lol.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:39:42 PM
Question - in BWP2 do you see the Blair Witch?

JonathanLB
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:49:29 PM
Yeah... err, oh wait, maybe that was just the Fandango guy before the movie. I forget. ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:42:16 PM
well you know this SUCKS!!

I (as you should know) wanted to see H 8 Badly .well I dist the chance to see a sneak viewing BIG MISTAKE!! I went Friday night to see it. well it was packed/sold out .So I wemt and seen AOTC boo hoo hoo ;) was going to stay and catch a later showing , but I was tired. And of course there was always Sat. to see it.

Well folks I went Sat night(tonight here stiil) and lo and Behold it was sold OUT!! wtf!!So I went and seen AOTC :)

Now I know that there can't be THAT many people wanting to see it , can there ?? :)

Now Jon, I respect you fully BUT how can you give (although I have yet to see it and you maybe right) H 8 a 2 star when you give something like American PIE high marks ???TO_o

where you drinking or something ??;)

anywho there is always SUN. I hope :(

BUFFJEDI
Jul 15th, 2002, 08:30:12 PM
Well was going to save this for last BUT finally saw it, and boy I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! could have been better, could have been worse.

If you see any other movie this year (other than AOTC) see Halloween 8. And keep an open mind, and remember it's NOT made to win oscar's :)

I'll give MY review after I settle down ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 15th, 2002, 08:50:57 PM
just now hit theaters, but plans are already under way for the DVD release of HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Director Rick Rosenthal has already clued us in that several cut scenes will most likely be included. Rosenthal also says that they're working to bring a multiple angle format to the disc to allow you to view the entire film directly through the cast's cameras. In other words, you'll be able to experience Dangertainment first hand, much like the character of Myles did in the movie, choosing whichever point-of-view you wish

just keeps getting better :)

JonathanLB
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:04:05 AM
Check with other critics too. My review of H8 was actually very, very lenient compared to some people. The movie was just not good. I mean, I could go into details for you, but it was not original, it was humorous and not scary, it was poorly directed, and it had way too much gore and simply not enough scare. Sorry, the movie was another average run-of-the-mill horror movie.

American Pie 2 is absolutely brilliant. It's one of the funniest movies of the last decade, if not ever (for me, it would be one of my personal top 10 favorite comedies). I hate gross out nonsense like The Sweetest Thing, and I'm not a big fan of how overboard they went in Not Another Teen movie (BUT because it was in parody, I went easy on it because I understood why the director wanted to overdo it; to show how the other teen movies have really been too gross). Still, AP2 is frickin' hilarious. I know friends who saw it 3 times in theaters in just the first few days. *ahem* Ben, Sean, lol. I saw it only once in theaters, thanks to stupid college ruining my ability to see movies then, but I got my DVD immediately and watched it a few times. I love that movie.