PDA

View Full Version : Confrontation with Darkness (Chase, LV, Gav)

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:41:43 PM
::Earlier today, Leia was at Temple Avalon of the Greater Jedi Order. Meditating, like she would any other day. But today would prove to be different. Her meditation was broken from images of "revenge, hatred and much anger" surprisingly to Leia they were from her padawan Chase Starwalker. As these visions became clearier to the Jedi Master, she saw the confrontation between <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20220>Lady Vader and her padawan</a>. Leia decided there was only one thing left to do and that was to go to The Sith Palace and return Starwalker to GJO. The Jedi Master advised the council members of the urgency of her depature. She accordingly made arrangements with an NR Officer to make sure her ship was readied for her. Upon arriving to the docking bay she quickly boarded her starfighter and immediately set a course for Corellia.::

::Over some period of time, Leia's craft began to enter Corellia's airspace. The Jedi Master activated tranmission down to Corellia, requesting permission to land. Certainly, not what she wanted to do. But what choice did she have?! It was either that or have her ship blown to the next galaxy. Leia sat back in her captain's chair, tapping impatiently waiting for the authorization from the Imiperial Officer. Moments later, an officer gave her clearance to arrive on the landing platform. Her small craft made a gradual decent on the landing platform right on the outskirts of the Sith Palace. It was now nightfall, when the Jedi Master disembarked her ship. At first she stood at the steps of her fighter trying to pick up on Chase's force signature. To no prevail, she was unable to. Her feelings told her he was more than likely alive but probably held in confidings in case of the Jedi coming to help him. Leia knew all too well how cunning and crafty these sith were. The Jedi Master pulled up her hood and placed a firm grip on her saber hilt that laid underneath her robe, as she strided up to the Sith Palace. Thoughts ran through the Jedi Master's mind. The Sith knew why she was here. There was no question about that::

::Upon coming up to the entrance way of the Sith Palace, she suddenly detected Chase's force signature. It was good to know he was alive, yet there was something terribly wrong. Her force sense distinctly sensed it. The Jedi Master continued to focus on Chase's presence hoping to get a fix on his whereabouts. At the same time, Leia kept her guard up waiting for the Sith to make their prescence before her, especially Lady Vader. The welcoming committee most certainly wouldn't be asking her to join them for dinner::

OOC: I figure I continue Chase's thread here w/Leia's arrival and the fact that Gav has him out of the force cell.

Revised..*shrugs* didn't know what to do.

Gav Mortis
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:04:31 PM
OOC: Ok no problem. I'll just continue in this thread like I'm replying to Chase's last post in the other. Sorted! :)

IC:

Gav sighed with relief once out of the room void of the Force and not only was he happy to be out of there but relieved that Chase didn't try anything. The padawan walked to the side of him and thus Gav could openly feel his hatred and anger; this was a brave sacrifice to make and he was going ahead with it.

"Because you have kept your end of the bargain, I will keep mine." He said as they turned into the large, dome-shaped training facility. So far, they had gone unnoticed. "That one over there!" He pointed over to a ship which resembled the infamous Slave I, it was a Firespray-Class PA ship. "Make your way over whilst I get it started up and shut down anything that will prevent our escape. I'll be right over, stay focused."

With that he began pounding the keys on a computer terminal and after sending a quick transmission he started up the program and the ship came to life, with a hiss the hatch came down and with a quick look around he joined the young man.

"Okay, that should sort everything out. We must be fast, my distraction will only keep security busy for so long and I fear Mistress Vader will discover your escape anytime now." He said and with that went inside.

Lady Vader
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:08:03 PM
OOC: It is all good now. =)

*LV had been informed of the Jedi fighter entering Corellia, having given the commander of Shadow Fleet permission for the small craft to approach. The minute the Jedi had passed through the atmosphere, all shields and alert statuses went back to the way they had been prior to her arrival.*

*It was about the time the craft landed on the guest landing platforms, that she sensed the young Jedi. She called the guard, but no answer came. It was as she might expect... Gav most likely had released the boy. It didn't matter really, though. The scar of the boy's failure was now upon him. Her job in that matter was complete. Now for the matter at hand.*

*LV remained in the shadow of the large gated entrance until leia had stepped onto the stone walkway. It was then she emerged into the flickering light from the massive gargoyle torches on either side of the entrance. It was still difficult to see her with the dark hooded cloak she wore, but her presense was unmistakable.*

Welcome to Corellia... and the Sith Order, Master Solo.

*A smile spread under the shadow of her hood.*

I've been expecting you.

Darth Vader
Jul 11th, 2002, 12:51:00 PM
<font size=-2>hohhhhhhh.....pahhhhhhh..........</font>

:: The Dark Lord stood next to Lady Vader, like an obsidian shadow of the Sith Mistress ::

Chase Starwalker
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:27:10 PM
Chase followed Gav up the steel ramp of the starship. Settling in the captain's chair, Chase's piloting skills took over his fear as he began to set up the ship for takeoff. Not such an easy task with only one limb. He had t....

Leia.

Chase's eyes widened. She was here. But...how...?

He could sense her easily now, and his anger faded quickly, exposing himself to the others who would pick up on his force signature. He had slipped...but he didn't care now...Liea was here!

He began to double back, limping his arm with his movement he tried to make his way to the ramp...he had to find Leia.

Gav Mortis
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:49:51 PM
As he came to the top of the ramp, he was suddenly held back by an unseen force and to those who would look on the young padawan resembled a performing mime artist. With a flick of a small, metal switch the ramp began to ascend with a loud whirring sound.

"There is no way you are going to sacrifice my place here at the order, Chase, we made a deal and you will stick to it!" He said sternly, now sensing that the Jedi had dropped his defenses and his presence now shone out to those sesntitive enough to feel it. "You dropped your gaurd, thus jeopardising my position; I'll be damned if you make another such move."

Behind Chase, the ramp slammed shut and the interior of the vessel became much darker for even the transparisteel windows were a tinted colour. He turned in his chair for a second and with a touch of two switches the engines came to life.

"I'm taking you back to Arcan IV, Chase - that was our agreement."

Chase Starwalker
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:30:36 AM
"NO!" Chase shot back. "Our agreement has changed!"

Chase backed up from Gav, and started to speak.

"Leia has come for me, I have felt her. I won't leave her here, she goes with us..." Chase made his last comment more of a statement than a question.

Gav Mortis
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:49:50 PM
Senses alert Gav turned his back to the young man and began the take-off procedure, the roar of the ships engines could be heard and it begun to rise off the ground.

"I suggest you strap yourself in, Chase, this is going to be a rough one." Gav said informatively, then added in a rather calm tone, "May I remind you that you are in no position to make such requests, little padawan. I am not responsible for Leia, I am only responsible for one person and that would be me."

Whilst he spoke his fingers fumbled over a keypad and the maglock on the ships exit was activated. He shook his head in thought.

"Join me at the helm and I might even let you do some piloting of this fine vessel!" He said, a grin crept across his face.

Chase Starwalker
Jul 12th, 2002, 04:41:46 PM
Chase stood patiently still. All he could do was allow his glare to fall upon the Sith man who had helped him escape. But perhaps that wasn't such a good idea now.

"Gav." Chase abruptly stated.

"We can't leave her. Please." Chase's voice came off softly calm.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:42:54 PM
::The Jedi Master stood silent, as her hand remained on the hilt of her saber concealed under her robe. Lady Vader slowly revealed her prescence at the great entrance way to the Sith Palace. Slowly a very tall dark figure emerged behind her...Vader. Leia's eyes remained fixed on the two as her thoughts remained on one thing only, the return of her padawan::

::In a coy manner, Leia responded::

Spare me the unpleasantries. You know exactly why I am here, Lady Vader. I want you to release Chase to me now so I can take him back to Arcan. Its as simple as that. Understand.

Lady Vader
Jul 15th, 2002, 05:58:20 PM
*LV smiled, tsking at the same time, and shaking her head.*

Such rudeness.

*She spoke, though it was evident she was speaking to Vader standing beside her.*

You would think our guest would show a bit more gratitude at having been allowed to land safely without the harrassment of our fleet.

*She then returned her attention to Leia.*

I would gladly give you Chase back, Master Solo, as our meeting has finished. He came here uninvited and with a rather rude attitude, much like yourself. But our meeting has been settled, and he understands now that such acts will not be tolerated.

As to returning him, I would.

*The smile broadened.*

But I cannot... as he is not mine to give up at the moment.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 15th, 2002, 07:31:11 PM
::The thought of this being a trick was the only thing on the Jedi Master's mind. Yet, oddly enough she sensed there was some truth in what Lady Vader said. But why?::

What do you mean you cannot give him up, but you would?

::Leia looked LV straight in the eye::

That honestly makes no sense. I want to be civil about this. Please, tell me the whereabouts of my padawan.

Lady Vader
Jul 15th, 2002, 10:51:55 PM
*She shifted her weight.*

I mean, dear Master Solo, that if he were still in my custody, I'd hand him over to you.

But as he is no longer in my custody, I cannot.

*At that moment, the roar of an engine could be heard coming from the main hangar towards the back of the Palace, causing LV to tilt her head.*

As a matter of fact, I do believe that would be your Padawan departing for yet another adventure.

*She shook her head.*

Really, you should teach your young pupils to let the Elders know of their whereabouts. It's quite unbecoming, and makes you, as a teacher, look quite bad.

Gav Mortis
Jul 16th, 2002, 01:28:02 PM
Quietly, Gav sat pondering as ahead he watched as the hanger exit drew closer, all the while the wheels in his head turned and in a moment of insight he nodded his head and smiled to the Jedi padawan.

"Very well," He said with a sigh now bringing the ship up out of the hanger it began a steady ascension, engines roaring behind it. "But if I am to help Leia too today then you must promise me something--" He broke off as he toyed around with the ships controls bringing the ship into a much steeper climb, through the glass there could be seen the Corellian night sky, gently painted with stars. Shortly the would break the planet's atmosphere.

"--if we go back to get Leia right now and I put my neck on the line in front of the others at the Order, then I want you to come away with me for a couple of weeks. There are certain things I have to do and I could do with some company, I will be leaving in a weeks time. Do you agree to join me?"

Chase Starwalker
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:03:57 PM
Chase put a hand to his mouth, thinking...wondering. But there wasn't time for such things, he had learned to trust Gav, he did in fact stick his neck out for him.

"Agreed." Chase said at last with a slight nod.

Chase shifted back in his seat and prepared for what was to come. The ship made no move from it's present course as it broke Coreilla's atmosphere. Chase's eyes shifted over the empty miles of space, to his surprise - there was not a single Imperial ship awaiting them, it was unsually quiet. Chase squinted his eyes for a brief moment as thoughts crossed his mind. He dove into the Force once more, elevating his awareness.

"It's time to go get her." Chase glanced over to Gav.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 17th, 2002, 06:47:13 AM
Always smug, Lady Vader.

::Leia rolled her eyes::

You do not know the first thing about Chase and I. So do not presume you do.

::The Jedi Master began to turn her back on Lady Vader, but then circled back to face her once again. ::

Regardless...I rather not be arguing with you. I just want Starwalker to return to the order now.

::In a very polite tone Leia continued::

Where is the hangar that he is to depart from. I sense its nearby, but since I have not been here before could you kindly show me where it is.

Lady Vader
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:50:09 PM
*LV smiled.*

Well, the best way would have to be through the...

*The smile wdiened.*

...garden.

*She pointed off to the side of the Palace, where a large wall stood concealing a vast garden with trees, shrubbery, paths, a waterfall, and lake on the other side.*

I'm sure you could vault over that with no difficulty. Just be cautious of where you tread while inside. Being dark out and all, it can be quite treacherous.

Then, all you have to do is walk across the entire expanse to the other side, turn right, and you can't miss the hangar.

*She brought a hand up towards her face, one claw lightly tapping her chin.*

I wouldn't suggest taking your ship as the security cannons are programed to shoot at anything without authorization codes near the hangar. But going on foot shoudn't be a...

...problem.

Gav Mortis
Jul 17th, 2002, 05:57:18 PM
"You're right." Gav replied, pulling back on the flight yoke he brought the Firespray-class ship into loop but pulled out of the rotation so that they were once again headed back towards Corellia. Having double-backed, Gav allowed the automated landing procedure to commence and he turned to Chase.

"So why did you come to Corellia, surely you weren't thinking straight, after all Chase, you are only a padawan and these parts are swarming with Dark-Siders. What had happened?" His voice was casual and curious and he leaned back in his chair with a sigh.

Slowly the ship approached Corellia's atmosphere once more.

Chase Starwalker
Jul 17th, 2002, 06:28:21 PM
Padawan. He hated that word. It recongized a learner, someone who isn't yet ready. This wasn't Chase. Chase was a Warrior...he was ready for any trial the council could give him.

"I'm ready for the trials you know." Chase said firmly.

"To tell you the truth Gav, I'm sick of being a padwan. I'm more powerful than any of the others...I shoul....nevermind." He shook his head free of the thoughts.

A small robotic driod rolled it's way into the cockpit area.
Sir. Would you like treatment for that wound? We have an excellent prosthetics aboard the ship.

Chase nodded and followed the droid to the back. Minutes later Chase walked back into the ship's bridge area, with both arms. Rubbing his wrist he feeled up his new robotic arm. I suppose it will have to do.

"Just like new eh?" He smirked to Gav and gave him a smile.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 17th, 2002, 08:58:22 PM
::Leia listened intently to Lady Vader's instructions. It didn't seem all too bad to her. Yet she would have to admit not knowing what she was up against could make the trip a dangerous one. ::

I understand your directions. But, I don't see why you cannot allow me to have clearance to take my craft over that way. I already was granted it to land. Why not to go over to the hangar.

::The Jedi Master then briefly rubbed her chin for a minute, the proceeded to question Lady Vader::

And if you don't mind me saying...if I don't have clearance to go to the hanger. Then why would I get clearance to leave. I am not naive Lady Vader.

Lady Vader
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:53:24 PM
*LV raised one hand, palm upward.*

Taking your ship into our planet is one thing...

*She then raised the other in the same fashion.*

Taking your ship into our sanctuary is another...

*She lowered both her hands.*

I'm sure if our roles were reversed, you'd have the same cautions as well.

*She folded her hands within her dark cloak.*

The offer stands as is. Take it or leave it, I care not.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 18th, 2002, 12:25:13 AM
::It seemed like the Jedi Master really had no choice. She did not like Lady Vader's reasonings what so ever. "Never trust a Sith" kept going through Leia's mind::

You leave me no choice as it seems Lady Vader.

::Leia's eyes began to narrow at LV::

I still don't like your reasoning. For one, you avoided my comment about leaving your planet.

::The Jedi Master crossed her arms infront of her::

How do I know you will let us leave unharmed? I don't do I?!

Lady Vader
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:40:10 PM
*LV's face took on an almost pleasant look.*

You will not be harmed leaving the planet.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:45:24 PM
Very well. I accept the same would be for being on the planet as well. You see, Lady Vader. I do not want any trouble. I only want to get Chase and myself back to GJO safely.

Now presuming you agree to this, I will be on my way.

::Leia awaited any further comments from Lady Vader::

Lady Vader
Jul 20th, 2002, 09:51:08 PM
*LV basically repeated herself.*

As I stated, neither I nor any of the Sith here at the Order will harm you in any way. There has been no provocation. And such a waste of energy would be unwise.

Gav Mortis
Jul 21st, 2002, 04:16:35 PM
What Chase had said was interesting and curious but roused thought in Gav when the Jedi referred to his strength. His eyes narrowed as he pondered on something, far below the hanger where they were destined could be seen now. He turned, leaving the autopilot computer to sort out the bulk of the landing procedure.

"You're ready?" He repeated, then smiled, "My friend, I have no doubt about that. I spoke to Mistress Vader after your confrontation; she says it's such a waste that you're a Jedu as opposed to a Light-Sider. I say it's a shame that you've allowed yourself to be dragged into that petty conflict at all, saying that I once was but now I'm free of that burden and I do my own thing."

He stood and inspected Chase's arm and shook his head with a laugh, looking at the younger man. He found it humorous how casually the loss of a limb can be treated. "Can't tell the difference. It looks good." He said, taking his seat once more.

"I want to ask you something." Gav began, taking a brief look out of the front view once more. "All of this conflict; this death and suffering caused by the ongoing battle between Dark-Siders and Light-Siders. Do you think it's neccessary?" He paused and turned in his seat to face the now seated padawan. "Because I certainly don't. Chase, I am a master in the dark arts and no ordinary one at that. But do you see me gallavanting around looking for Jedi to kill? All those innocent people caught in the cross-fire when all that it comes to is a fault of communications. So tell me, do you think it's worth it?"

Chase Starwalker
Jul 21st, 2002, 08:41:34 PM
An interesting question Gav raised to say the least. Chase continued to over-look his newly formed arm, searching it with his eyes.

"No. I don't." Chase said rather calmly, as if he was finished talking.

He rubbed the wrist of the cybernetic implant, running his fingers over the false skin, feeling the perfection of electronic touch.

"But unfortunatly Gav, there ARE Sith who do kill innocent people. And thats all it comes down to for them. Death. That is why there must be conflict between the Light and Dark."

Gav Mortis
Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:56:27 PM
"True, but for every Dark-Sider who murders there are at least ten normal people who murder out there. Not that I'm trying to make up excuses for the Dark-Siders who murder though" He replied, making sure he was clear.

Now the ship swooped low and the engines became quiet as it entered the hanger, Gav seemed to have the landing procedure down to a tea, there wasn't one fault and as the landing gears touched down there was barely a shake or a jerk.

"Not bad even if I do say so myself!" He said with a grin after a landing that was almost too good to be true. When the ramp lowered once more it looked like they hadn't even moved - what Chase didn't know was they hadn't - but Gav wouldn't allow that to stop him boasting, he was only an average pilot after all.

Looking to the back of the ship and down the ramp were steam hissed in sprays of thick white, he gestured with a quick nod and said to Chase, "Come on then, let's find Leia."

Chase Starwalker
Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:41:52 PM
Chase followed suit behind Gav, the two came into the large hangar and began thier search.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:13:00 AM
::The Jedi Master knew she had wasted enough valuable time speaking to Lady Vader. She gave her a slight bow of the head, while taking her arms out from beneath her cloak::

Very well. I will be on my way then.

::Leia gave a slight smile, maybe sincere and maybe not::

As always, thank you for your hospitality.

::With that the Jedi Master turned on her heels and headed for the hangar's location. It was a long and treacherous trek for the Jedi Master, but over a period of time she made it and was finally exiting the thick of a wooded area that was right on the outskirts of the hangar::

::Now the task at hand was trying to get a fix on Chase's exact location::

Shenraun
Jul 26th, 2002, 04:13:39 PM
*Unfortunately for the petite Jedi, she had dared to cross the dragon's domain. Normally, he did not mind, but only during the day. At night this was his land, and trespassers were dealt with swiftly.*

*She had not yet cleared the wooded area, and his long stride brought him to stand before the Jedi, golden eyes flashing brightly in the dim light. He had no form of communication, save for his mind. And telepathically he spoke.*

Who dares to cross through my domain and disturb my slumber?

*The message was followed by a low menacing rumble deep within his chest. He let out a breath that was a low hiss, small wisps of smoke escaping his flared nostrils.*

*He was a gentle creature by most respects, but he abhored being disturbed during his night hours. Now he glared at the petite woman from his height.*

(OOC: Let's make this even more... interesting. >D)

Gav Mortis
Jul 30th, 2002, 07:45:00 PM
Gav suddenly stopped in his tracks when a sudden sense of realization came over him. They had just left the hanger bay, he turned to Chase and said, "Just a moment, I don't know where she is. You're her padawan, perhaps you can find her?"

He both wanted to stall their inevitable finding of the Jedi but he also wanted to test Chase, he wanted to see how capable this man was.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 30th, 2002, 09:01:34 PM
::Leia peered out at this monstrosity of a beast. Not fretting for a moment, but casually placing her hand on her lightsaber hilt::

::In a very peaceful, soothing manner to the beast Leia replied::

I am sorry if I have awaken you. I did not mean to disturb you oh great dragon. I just need to get to the hangar over there.

::The Jedi pointed behind the dragon::

::Using her Jedi mindtricks in hopes to persuade the dragon. The Jedi pulled her left arm from beneath her cloak..and gave a slight gesture of the hand::

You will go back and rest and I will be on my way.

OOC: LOL...ok ;)

Chase Starwalker
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:03:22 AM
Chase calmed himself in a soothing mood that flowed over both the men. Closing his eyes for a brief moment he reached out for Leia.

Leia.

He had found her, she wasn't far from the hangar bay, just through the next double doors....somewhere on the outside of the palace. Chase opened his eyes.

"This way." Chase lead Gav toward the double doors.

Shenraun
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:07:01 PM
*The dragon's golden eyes narrowed as he looked upon the petite human.*

Have you ever heard of the Dark Side Hisshiss dragons, created so long ago by the Sith?

*Nothing registered on the Jedi's face, so he continued.*

They have an ability to use the Dark Side powers to instill anger and dispair.

But what makes me unique, is that I am not only decended of them, but I also grew up on Myrkr, allowing me to attain a gift much like the Ysalimiri have. Hence why your Force ability will not work on my mind.

*He watched her lower her hand, but the other remained hidden. He knew far too well that most, if not all, Force users carried weapons called lightsabers. He'd been in battle with lightsaber wielding foe before, and the most injury he'd aquired from the blades were chipped and broken scales. Of course, prolonged contact with a saber would no doubt do damage, as a chipped or broken scale could potentially expose his flesh underneath.*

*He remained standing his ground, looking down on the Jedi.*

I'm afraid I cannot let you pass.

*His head lowered, a deep growl escaping between his exposed teeth.*

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:27:48 PM
::Ysalmir like effect on a Jedi, huh..Leia thought. Not a good thing at all. But nevertheless, that would not stop her. She kept a keen eye on the menacing beast, as she began to take a few valiant steps forward. Her words began to challenge the dragon::

So tell me oh great one...why can you not let me pass? I have done no harm to you or anyone of the Siths here. All I am here to do is to help a fellow Jedi return home and this came with the blessings of Lady Vader.

Shenraun
Aug 1st, 2002, 04:03:05 PM
*Shenraun was quiet for a moment before placing a massive foot with sharp claws in the Jedi's way. He let out a loud rumbling laugh.*

Tell me... did my Mistress inform you that you could pass through here, and would not be harmed by a Sith? And regardless whether you had her blessing or not, it does not matter. This is MY domain.

*He narrowed his eyes. He would have thought even Jedi would be cautious of the wording of one like Lady Vader. His Mistress was indeed clever.*

Gav Mortis
Aug 5th, 2002, 03:58:34 PM
Chase lead Gav outside and through to the palace, landing them in the lush, green gardens that surrounded the building. His eyes looked in the direction he could sense Leia and sure enough as he had expected, there stood the towering Shenraun, blocking her way.

"Your master seems to be in a spot of trouble." He said, turning to Chase.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 7th, 2002, 01:00:10 AM
"Gav. Give me your saber." Chase said calmly, never turning away from Leia or the dragon.

"I've got an idea."

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 8th, 2002, 09:26:24 PM
::Leia's eyes narrowed once again at the dragon. Of course, the Jedi knew a Sith should never be trusted. Still trying to reason with the dragon, Leia paced a little infront of it::

True...you are not a Sith. But what do you have to gain from this? I mean you know harm. I just simply want to be on my way with a friend who is injured who needs medical help. I have no quarms with you Dragon and would rather not. What do either one of us have to gain from that? Nothing.

::The Jedi Master then sensed a familar force signature. She knew all to well it was Chase. Leia knew it was now or never::

I sense the party I am looking for is nearby. I must be on my way and not interfere with your slumber no more. Good Bye Shenraun...it's been a pleasure.

::Not really the truth, but something that Leia just blurted out, as she began to walk along the side of the great dragon to pass. All along still keeping her hand on her saber hilt just in case::

Shenraun
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:58:21 PM
*The dragon's massive tail swung forward and thudded itself upon the ground before the petite Jedi Master. The ground reverberated slightly from the impact, causing the Jedi to stop and look at him.*

Perhaps you did not hear me clearly. NONE shall pass through my domain.

Gav Mortis
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:14:39 AM
"And none will pass through your domain, Shenraun." Gav spoke out, stepping forth upon the other side of the dragons tail.

"Aren't Jedi folk supposed to have some shred of intelligence? I assume you are the master of this here padawan?" He spat out his words with spite, his eyes fixed upon Leia. His hand gestured to the magnificent beast before them.

"There can be no victory up against the might of Shenraun, leave now, back from whence you came and your padawan will be returned to you." His words were forceful and regurgitated in a harsh way to make his loathing clear enough. Nevertheless it was pretense, for his hatred towards the Jedi is not so melodramatic or obvious and his sole objective here was to convince Leia to return to her ship and he and Chase will meet her there. Not that she would know that yet.

"If you are indeed Leia, then be gone and your padawan will be returned to you shortly." He finished on these words hoping that Chase would help convince the Jedi to leave the gardens the way she came.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:15:16 AM
He wasn't sure what Gav was trying to accomplish by this. He remained silent, not sure what to say. He wanted to run to Leia, hug her, just be with her. The ordeal had been tough on him to say the least.

Shenraun
Aug 12th, 2002, 04:10:22 PM
*The dragon snarled, raising his head high. More invaders to his domain after dark. What was this world coming too??*

*He swiveled his head towards Gav, looking down on him. HIs telepathy allowed him to gather the name of the one that had just spoken to him, speaking to him in turn through the mind.*

Lord Mortis. I ask for nothing from the Order save to be left in peace after the daystar has fallen to it's slumber. And now my patience has run thin.

*He gave Leia and the newly arrived Padawan a very hard stare.*

I'd appreciate it if these two Jedi left my premises. Immediately!

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 12th, 2002, 09:16:11 PM
::Leia's eyes became stern, as she narrowed them at Gav::

You know I AM Leia, Gav Mortis! What is this game you are playing?!!!!

::The tone of Leia's voice became just as fierce and stern as her gaze. She meant business::

And since I am Leia, you should know all too well I DON'T trust you and I will NOT leave without Chase!! Now let him go!

::It seemed the Jedi Master became less concern with Shenraun now. As her full attention was on the Sith Lord::

Gav Mortis
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:48:10 AM
Gav allowed the words and actions of both Leia and Chase to be a reply in themselves; Leia was stubborn and Chase wasn't going anywhere either. If push came to shove, Gav would only help Chase once Shenraun's patience had worn out and as for Leia he couldn't care less.

"Well Leia, a few manners wouldn't go amiss, my dear." He said, irritated by Leia's attitude. He stepped aside.

"Chase, your master's call bids you to her. Go, climb over the tail of Shenraun and go home. I cannot be held responsible for the consequences of your actions." Gav annunciated clearly so that Leia could hear.

You have to convince her to return to her ship and you must come another way with me, Chase. Shenraun has given me his last warning.

Having commincated telepathically with Chase, Gav tokk a few steps back and awaited Chase's decision and the consequences thereof.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 19th, 2002, 02:37:18 PM
Chase placed a hand on Gav's shoulder.

"See you soon friend." And with that, he bolted. Using the Force he flipped over the dragon's tail, landing several feet from Leia, he grabbed her hand.

"Let's get out of here....I'm so sorry Master."

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:58:33 PM
Chase no worries. Let's just deal with the present and leave NOW!!

::Taking hold of Chase's hand, the two started to force run out of harms way Back towards where Leia's craft was::

OOC: Eh..hopefully that isn't lame. If so I will edit

Gav Mortis
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:03:45 AM
Quickly becoming angered by Chase's blatant ignorance and display of arrogance, Gav realised Shenraun was too slow to react and after all of it's whining didn't do anything after all. "Idiot!" He thought, raising a single hand into the air.

Suddenly his fingers wrapped tightly around thin air and with a yank at seemingly nothing, the little Jedi Master, Leia, was dragged off her feet and hurled through the air backwards. Gav hoped to pull her back to reality or more acurately at the feet of the now angered dragon.

Shenraun
Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:18:55 PM
*Shenraun watched as the young male leapt over his tail, raising it to stop him, but being to slow. Irritated, he howled at the night air, taking in a deep breath. At the same moment Gav yanked Leia back towards his massive claw, Shenraun let out a burst of hot flame that engulfed the are of garden the stood upon, forcing the mammals to shield themselves from the heat.*

I WILL NOT BE MADE A FOOL OF! I DEMAND AN APOLOGY FOR THE TRESPASSING THAT HAS OCCURED HERE, OR I WILL ROAST YOU ALL AND HAVE YOU FOR A MIDNIGHT SNACK!

*As his mind spoke loudly into their thoughts, the fire raged all around them as though it had a mind of it's own, encircling and trapping them all, and yet, it did not seem to spread beyond. But it was spreading inward.*

Chase Starwalker
Aug 24th, 2002, 06:53:00 PM
Chase stood divided. A harsh look toward Gav sent a concrete block splitting from behind his head. Instead of hitting Gav, it flew by his ear, slamming into the back of the dragon's massive skull.

Shenraun
Aug 25th, 2002, 07:19:20 PM
*The broad slab of concrete slammed against the back of Shenraun's skull, crumbling as it came into contact with the hard scales, sharp spines, and elongated horns. Though it bit like a bug might do to a human, it did little to daze the dragon. Instead, it angered him even more.*

Impudant mammal!

*He immediately brought up his Force Inhibiting bubble, keeping the two Jedi trapped in the small sphere as well as trapped within the confines of the ring of fire.*

Chase Starwalker
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:49:08 PM
Chase turned to Leia as they exchanged glances.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:17:59 PM
::Leia looked at Chase and glanced back to Gav Mortis. She honestly did not know what to say to her padawan, for she was very much aware they were trapped. The Jedi Master started to contemplate on what to do next. A stern look fellover the Jedi Master's face. Knowing the dragon was not going to listen to her, Leia decided to bargain with the Sith Lord::

GAV MORTIS!!!!

::The Jedi called out loudly to get the old sith's attention::

Let Chase go and return to Yavin IV. He is of no use to you, besides he needs medical attention immeditately.

Here's the deal. You let him go and I will remain here as your prisoner.

::Leia hoped the Sith Lord would agree to her bargain::

Gav Mortis
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:47:24 AM
"Very well." Came his reply. Despite the roaring flames all around, his eyes were deadly calm and calculating and never did they move from their fixed stare upon Leia and Chase.

They had found themselves in one hell of a situation; it was so typical for a Jedi to over-estimate their own abilities and strengh. Neither Leia nor Chase had taken heed of Gav's warnings and advice, had they done so they would probably be united once more but this time safely on Leia's ship. Gav had promised Chase to go back for Leia and they did, but now the situation had changed and for their ignorance they will be punished.

"Chase, your master is now in the posession of the Sith Order thanks to your arrogance. Perhaps one day you will learn humility and listen to those wiser than yourself!" He said angrily at the younger man; if there was one thing Gav didn't tolerate, it was someone being ill-mannered.

"Then Master Solo, do join me over this side of Shenraun and your padawan will go free. If you fail to do this immediatly and if Chase or yourself try anything foolish then Shenraun!" His voice suddenly bellowed into a shout, getting the dragons attention. "You are free to do as you will with these people!"

Chase Starwalker
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:16:45 PM
Chase stared long and hard at Gav. Then turned to Leia.

"I can't let you do this...Go home Leia. I will return with Gav."

Gav Mortis
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:38:35 PM
"It's too late for that, Chase. That sounds awfully a lot like what I said to you just before you ran off moments ago. It's either Leia or Shenraun!" He called out impatiently.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:16:00 PM
Chase...please go! You need medical help now. Do not hesitate. Just leave this ill-foresaken planet at once and get back to the safety of the Jedi Order...please.

::Turning her attention back to Gav, Leia scowled::

He's going Gav!!

I want your word of honor that he is able to get back to the Jedi safe and sound...not even one hair on his head gets harmed! You hear me. Because you know as well as I, if any harm comes to him...their would be serious consequences to pay.

Now you agree to this...I am your prisoner as I stated.

Gav Mortis
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:25:31 PM
As much as Gav wanted to say: "He was already on his way home until you got involved!" But he resisted, it would only complicate things. "You have my word!" He said sincerely.

"Now come stand by me and Shenraun will allow your padawan to go. The fires are moving closer, please make haste!"

Shenraun
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:24:04 PM
*Shenraun flicked his slitted golden eyes back and forth between the two Jedi and Gav. The wall of fire was indeed growing closed, though not spreading outward. His claws refelxively dug into the ground, waiting for what the Padawan would do.*

*A hope grew in him that he would soon have a midnight morsal for his disturbance.*