PDA

View Full Version : Old Past, New Future

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:21:14 PM
Looking around at her surroundings with wide, blue eyes, the elf turned her attention back to her new "Mistress". She had followed Helenias to the Academy for her training to begin.

"I await further word, Teacher ..."

[ OOC - I would've put Master in place of Mistress, but Helenias is a woman, so .. =/ ]

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:26:01 AM
Beginnings were such touchy and yet precious things and here I was again starting with a new learner, a Padawan. I had to wonder if Kemille would turn out as well as Oriadin had, who was to me a dream student. I hoped so.

"I would firstly ask what you most wish to do and what you know already. Do you know how to fight? To heal? To teach? I myself am more of a Warrior and I excel in that art and I also excel in the art of foretelling and Oversight. I will tell you there are things I will not know and I willingly admit that. But first things first"

I tended to wear my hair long for a reason. Even though I looked human, my ears had a point that marked that I was not. I brushed my hair back for a moment so that it showed the rarely seen ears.

"Are we kindred? You seem to bear some resemblance to the FirstBorn of Imlradris"

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:21:54 PM
She watched as Helenias pushed back her hair, revealing her ears that proved she wasn't human.

"Although I've never lived in Imlradris, let alone visit there, I do believe we are Kindred."

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:13:06 AM
Then my guess could be correct. Kemille was not of the Sindar or Noldor, but there was something there I could sense.

"Tell me of your heritage! I would desire to hear more. and to know. I am known as Evenstar to my people, the Noldor and Sindar of Arda. I did not imagine one kindred to me I would ever meet so far away from the place of my birth"

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:54:02 PM
"My people were brought to the far-away planet named 'Earth', even though we despised the planet. As centuries passed, it was soon forgotten where our ancestors' originated from. In time we learned to love the solitude and peace forests gave us, and began to live in there. Humans feared us, though, and gave us nicknames such as, "Spawn of demons". There were even expeditions sent out to destroy us. We were fierce warriors and defended our homes and family to the death, and eventually we were left alone. As more time passed, people began to change their views on us and began to see us as gentle, wise creatures. Some even came asking for guidance. Nonetheless, we still crafted weapons and trained in the Arts ...

"I am known as Aquillus to my people, and am part of the Eldervine tribe. It is quite an honor training under you, Evenstar."

She was glad that there was another Kindred here at GJO, for the thought passed her that she could be very alone.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 13th, 2002, 03:58:45 AM
This was even more interesting!

"And it is well met to you too Aquillus. My Father would be most interested to know long lost Kindred roam the Galaxy as we have always found ourselves alone. And there are fewer of us with each passing year as they journey away to the Blessed Realms and leave the troubles of the Galaxy behind. Are there other Elves you have met on your travels? Oh but I also must remeber why we are here too and not speak too much of our kind until a more appropriate time. Give me an answer and then we will talk later on this for I would desire to hear more"

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 15th, 2002, 02:44:46 PM
"There is no other Kindred I have met .. Which is why I was surprised to see that you were."

With that, the Padawan elapsed into silence and awaited further instructions.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:17:54 AM
I decided to share something I had begun to suspect.

"For a long, long time the only one I knew came from Arda was my own husband. No, he is not of the Elves, but lately.... I suspect others are here. They do not reveal their heritage, but you can feel that something is... of the earth about them. But that is for later

"As beginning are always so difficult, I find that I founder until I get to know someone - their strengths, their weaknesses. What they know and what they dont, what they prefer to learn and what they need to learn - and the Jedi arts, there is so much to learn of them, it is so hard to know what to do. Tell me, what do you see a Jedi being and what would you hope to be?"

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 17th, 2002, 09:11:06 PM
"I believe the Jedi should have knowledge of herbs and the beasts that surround them. They should know how to fight for their beliefs and to defend themselves, always knowing where their loyalties lie. They honor their fellow Jedi and respect the Jedi Code. These are aspects I believe one should have, therefore I wish to learn them ... That is, if you see it fit."

She didn't know if that was the answer Helenias wanted to hear, but time would tell.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 18th, 2002, 05:04:47 AM
"Indeed I do. Tell me, have you heard tell of the Jedi Code before?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 21st, 2002, 04:56:55 AM
TTT

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 21st, 2002, 03:40:32 PM
"Yes, I have."

She paused, then said, "Do you wish for me to recite it?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:36:42 AM
"No, no need to recite. Now, I asked before I diverted down the line of heritage and of our bloodline, so I will ask again and no side track myself - what of Jedi do you see yourself being? A Warrior, a Healer, a Scholar? A Seer, one who looks into the future prehaps? What is it that you wish to be?"

Kemille Eldervine
Jul 30th, 2002, 01:23:20 AM
"....."

She frowned as her brow furrowed slightly.

"A warrior, but also a Seer. Is it possible ?"