PDA

View Full Version : Double down (open)

SashaKovalev
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:50:33 PM
To say he was excited about a chance to check out the Saiatah High Roller would have been an understatement. Hed heard much talk about it, and had been counting down the days to the chance to check it out.

He'd played cards with his friends back home. It had been a way to pass time, and he liked to think he wasnt so bad at it. Besides,who would pass up the chance to drink and play cards for a night, if given the chance?

He walked through the rows of slot machines, idly putting a coin in a lucky looking machine and pulling the handle. The icons lined up, and he doubled his money. His one pathetic coin. But this meant it would be a good night. A lucky one, perhaps. He continued towards the card tables, all of them flashing brightly, dealers busy at work. He took a seat at a quieter table, with only a few customers, and tossed down his chips for a hand of blackjack.

It was the minimum bet, for he didnt have money to toss around, but he was willing to press his luck tonight. He'd been working hard on his training, and a night off to have some fun was well deserved.

The slightly cocky, easygoing grin of a eighteen year old kid briefly crossed his features as the cards were laid out in front of him

(ooc: Anyone, feel free to join in, as a dealer, another player at the table, whatever)

Javus Parr
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:30:48 AM
*Javus was making his rounds, spotting members of the Order and getting to know them. This one he noticed was young, probably still an Apprentice. But aboard his ship, he was a guest.)

(Walking up to stand behind the boy, he watched as the dealer droid set out the cards to be played. He then leaned in.)

...And no fair using the Force...

(It startled the boy out of his excitment for a moment as he turned to gaze upon the big grin Javus had on his face.)

I'm just yanking your straps, kid.

(He winked and gestured towards the cards.)

Tonight might just be your lucky night...

SashaKovalev
Jul 10th, 2002, 07:30:21 AM
And no fair using the force...

These words startled him, and he turned to face the voice, the grin dropping from his face for a moment, and a challenging glare coming to his violet eyes. He wasnt a cheater.

I'm just yanking your straps, kid

With these words from the man who'd spoken, and the grin on his face, the glare quickly disappeared from his eyes, and he grinned.

"I hope it is...." He replied, eyeing the cards he'd been dealt. It wasnt a great hand, a seven and an eight. But if his luck wasnt in the cards, he'd wander through the ship a bit more, for there was much to see, and plenty to entertain.

"Do you play?" He asked as he tapped the table, signifying to the dealer that yes, he did want another card.

Javus Parr
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:23:15 PM
(A crooked smile spread across Javus' features.)

Only when I'm off duty.

SashaKovalev
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:29:40 PM
Sasha eyed him for a moment, and then his eyes flickered back to the card he'd been dealt. A three. It wasnt great, but it would do for now. He waived off the dealer, and the dealer went on to the next gambler at the table.

Sasha turned back to Javus.

"You off duty now?" He asked. He recognized the man from the grand opening ceremony. At least, Sasha thought, if he lost his money on the tables playing, he'd be giving it right back to the organization that gave him what it did. It didnt seem so bad if he lost, this way.

Javus Parr
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:36:12 PM
Not for another...

(The man looked at his chrono, having to slide his crisp uniform's sleeve up a bit.)

...for another ten hours.

(The crooked smile remained.)

I just started my shift two hours ago.

(He looked at the table full of cards and chips.)

Commanding a ship is much like gambling. Ya never know what's gonna show up at your front step, and it's best to be prepared for it.

SashaKovalev
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:59:40 PM
Sasha rolled his eyes as the dealer pulled his chips away from him. He'd lost to the house, a ten and a nine. He stood up.

"Is ten hours enough time to make it through this entire place?" He joked. It was an enormous ship, and he had yet to see much of it.

He extended his hand to Javus.

"Sasha. Apprentice with the Sith Order." He stated in greeting, officially introducing himself to the man who was responsible for making this investment of TSO profitable.

Javus Parr
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:35:38 PM
(He shook the boy's hand in a firm grip.)

Javus Parr. A pleasure, Sasha.

(He took out a data pad with a roster of names and faces.)

Though, thanks to Lady Vader, I already knew who you were. But then again, it's my job.

(He leaned in.)

Pssst, by the way... Sith get discounts throughout the ship on various things.

(He stood back up.)

By order of Mistress Vader.

(He smiled and rubbed his chin.)

As to making it through the ship in ten hours... doubtful. Hell, you'd probably need a good week or two just to see everything, and that's not counting experiencing everything.

(He raised an eyebrow.)

Unless, of course, you don't sleep.

(He laughed.)

SashaKovalev
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:04:23 PM
He eyed the data pad and shook his head, smiling. He wasnt surprised. Of course Lady Vader would have prepared this man well.

At the mention of discounts, he chuckled. He'd have to ask about those.

"I dont sleep much lately..." He replied to the statement of how long it might take to see the entire ship.

"Mind if I walk with you? Maybe you can tell me a little bit about these...discounts." He suggested, mischief in his eyes. He didnt really care how much thigns cost. He'd never been able to afford most things growing up anyway, but he'd heard much about the ship, and the various...forms of entertainment it offered, and he couldnt wait to actualyl see them for himself. What better way than to learn about it from the man who ran the show himself?

Javus Parr
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:43:27 PM
(Javus made a grand sweep with his arm.)

Right this way, my lad.

(He pocketed the data pad, and began strolling through the winding game tables, past the bar, and back out into the grand prominade where various shops, restaurants, and boutiques were scattered. At spaced out intervals, there were lifts that could take passengers to what the crew had come to call "lil planets", where each area was dedicated to emulating the atmospheres of various worlds from Coruscant all the way to Hoth, each one having shops and restaurants to fit the environment and culture.)

Well, the discounts for Sith vary really. Those of the Order can actually get some things for free. For instance, and as you probably noticed, you did not need to pay when you boarded. This ship is after all owned by the Order.

For gambling, all passengers are given complimentary chips to begin with. What you do with them afterwards is your own buisness.

You receive various discounts throughout the ship at stores and restaurants.

(He shrugged.)

Like I said, it varies from place to place, and even more so in the "lil planets", as we fondly call our different environments.

(He gestured to a lift elaborately marked as an escape to Naboo.)

We were even lucky enough to hire people from the planets. We wanted to be sure to give passengers a real taste and look at different worlds.

And the best part, is that it's all conviniently right here under one roof.

SashaKovalev
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:28:53 AM
His violet eyes widened as they walked about. He had seen only the smallest amount of the ship when he'd boarded briefly for the opening ceremonies, and then he'd left, having too much in his training to do to be wasting his time having fun.

But today, with all the free time in the world, and a top gun tour guide, he was getting the full show. He wanted to check out each of the environments at some point - for he hadnt traveled much, and any chance to learn something of them, even if it was just simulated, was a chance he wouldnt miss.

And Javus did a god job of selling it, with his comment about having it all under one roof. It ddi seem easy and convenient.

"Was it difficult to get natives to leave their homeworlds to come and work on the ship?" He asked as they continued walking through the ship.

Javus Parr
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:31:16 PM
(This made Javus burst into a hearty laugh.)

My dear boy... you wave enough credits in someone's face, and they'd be willing to fight a Gundark. You just have to know which buttons to push.

(He shrugged.)

Besides, my having been in the Imperial army had it's advantages. I had quite a few folks from various planets that owed me. And most if not all, were willing to work here if it meant they'd not only get paid, but travel through the galaxy for free.

(He winked.)

Like I said, you gotta know what your selling and who you're selling it to. After that, it's a breeze.

(They continued walking past several more "lil planet" lifts and multiple shops and restaurants. All the while, Javus kept pointing out to Sasha various things, leading the boy on a tour that would end them at the entrance to the amusement and water parks at the center of the ship.)

SashaKovalev
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:49:04 PM
His head cocked slightly at the mention of the man being in the imperial army. It wasnt that he hated the imperials, but he didnt care for them all that much. Their presence on his homeworld had been necessary for the economy, but it hadnt made them any more likable.

"You like it in the army?" He asked, his violet eyes still looking about as they walked through the massive ship. He stopped briefly to admire one of the many waterfalls that marked the entrance to the waterpark, and then continued, his pace matching that of Javus.

Javus Parr
Jul 15th, 2002, 06:15:35 PM
(Javus nodded.)

yeah, I did like it for the most part. Hey, it was half of what landed me this job.

(He looked as the boy stopped to looked at the water park, slowing his pace so he could catch up again.)

But I'm not in the Imperial army anymore. I resigned about a year ago to take up my parents shipping business. Somehow, and I think General Viscera had something to do with this, but Lady Vader must have inquired as to hiring someone with commanding and buiness skills. I had both credentials securely in my pocket. And thus, that is how I came to be here.

And so far, it's looking to be a promising carrer.

(He smiled proudly, looking up as they passed under a glass roof, showing the brilliance of this ship in hyperspace.)

SashaKovalev
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:33:45 AM
Sasha only nodded. For a former Imperial, Javus didnt seem to be all that bad of a guy.

"How do things seem to be running on the ship so far?" He asked, his eyes looking to the vastness of space beyond the glass roof, and then back to Javus.

"Had any problems yet...?"

Javus Parr
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:28:07 AM
(Javus smiled, giving the boy a sidelong glance. My, but he was a curious fellow.)

Nothing we hadn't anticipated. A few bar brawls, drunks, cheaters, and one attempted robbery in the upper class cabins. The usual misdemeanors you'd expect on a ship with what we've got in here.

Actually, it's been rather quiet thanks to the beefed up security for the maiden voyage. My Chief of Security saw to that nicely.

SashaKovalev
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:44:55 PM
Sasha smiled. The usual events. It sounded like a great place to spend his free time, he thought. He loved any sort of adventure, and certainly something with a certain aspect of daner was always slightly enticing.

"Do you think things will quiet down, or will security always have to be this high?" He asked.

He was a curious kid, and he knew, the only way he would learn was to ask - and he wasnt going to be shy about it.

Javus Parr
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:33:49 PM
(Javus brought a hand up to rub at his chin.)

Well, we haven't really scheduled a meeting about it, but I have a feeling Lady Vader is going to want high security at all times. Though for now, you'll see the security in full force. But in later months, once the ship has settled into a routine, the security will be hidden, but just as high.

SashaKovalev
Jul 17th, 2002, 08:06:24 AM
You could almost see the idea as it popped into Sasha's head.

If they would always need tight security here..he wondered if the Sith Order would perhaps assign a few of them every now and then to the ship, to assist in keeping order.

"You think you might need an apprentice or two around every now and then to help out?" He asked, a wide grin coming to his lips.

His violet eyes almost sparkled, the idea of getting to spend time on this ship, traveling throughout the galaxy a very inviting one.

He turned briefly for his eyes to follow a strange creature as she walked by. He had never seen anything like her before, but she carried herself with a confidence that made her seem even more naturally beautiful. And then he turned back to Javus, only momentarily distracted from the conversation and the idea of spending more time on the High Roller.

Javus Parr
Jul 17th, 2002, 04:12:12 PM
(Javus had to keep from chuckling as the boy wondered about the security forces having a Sith or two about. And then he really had to snuff in his chuckle as the young man got distracted by one of the ship's dancers, no doubt making her way to perform.)

(He cleared his throat to get the chuckle out of his throat.)

Well, it's very possible Lady vader will want some Sith watchers on board every now and then. Goodness only knows the ship is big enough where it can use all the security it can get.

SashaKovalev
Jul 17th, 2002, 04:54:21 PM
He made a note to himself to ask LV about it when he had a chance. He didnt want it to interrupt his training, but then, it had been mostly on his own time anyway, and getting out a bit would do him some good, he figured.

As they moved on to another section of the ship, Sasha turned to Javus.

"Did you do much fighting while you were in the army?" He asked, wondering about the imperials - and battles in general. He'd only been a few scraps himself since coming to the order, and while he generally had avoided conflict, it was something that now wasnt bothering him so much anymore. He wondered if that just happened, the more you fought.

Javus Parr
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:09:27 PM
(Javus frowned, remembering.)

I didn't really fight all that much... in hand to hand combat, that is. Somehow, mercifully, I skipped over the whole "being a Stormtrooper" deal.

(He made lil quote marks with his fingers when he said "being a Stromtrooper", showing it was just an expression.)

My education allowed me to move up the rank ladder. Started off as a techy on the bridge of frigates at first, and eventually worked my way up to star destroyers. Eventually, and with time and effort, my rank grew to leiutenant, and then captain.

I was fortunate to command a group of AT-ATs, and even got to fly TIE Fighters.

(He shook his head.)

Those things are death traps. TIE Fighters, that is. Had to go EVAC one time, duh to my ships onboard systems getting fried to hell and back. Not the most pleasurable of experiences.

(He raised his hands slightly.)

It wasn't until I got this comission for the Saiatah High Roller that I was given the rank of Commander.

And who knows what adventures this baby's gonna offer me.

SashaKovalev
Jul 18th, 2002, 07:52:21 AM
Sasha's expression looked almost disappointed. He'd wanted to hear of battles. Not because he wanted to be in them - but because he wanted to be somewhat prepared for them.

But no matter, he'd ask one of the elders a bit more about it sometime.

"Whats the bridge like?" He asked. He'd been flying more often lately, now that he was in the order and had the chance. And he liked it. and naturally, he was curious to know more about each ship that he got a chance to travel on.

He shook his head slightly at Javus's remark about glying a TIE. He hadnt yet learned to pilot a ship and he wanted to quite badly - so flying a TIE sounded like a good time to him - death trap or not - so long as he was actualyl flying it.

Javus Parr
Jul 18th, 2002, 05:01:09 PM
Well, why don't we go take a look, hmm? I was on my way up there anyways. High time I checked to make sure the bridge crew hasn't set fire to the floor plating.

(He winked and laughed, knowing full well the bridge crew was compitant and quite good at their job. He just liked poking fun at them, and they in turn did a good amount at poking fun at him.)

Come on.

(He led Sasha towards a metalic looking lift marked "Authorized Personel ONLY". Placing his eye to the scanner, it varified who he was and then let him in. Then the lift wooshed them both to the bridge.)

(Upon arriving, the doors silently slid open to dump them out into a very clean and large bridge, reminiscent of a star destroyers.)

SashaKovalev
Jul 19th, 2002, 09:06:35 AM
As they walked to the bridge, Sasha gave it a good appreciative look. It was not quite like anything he'd seen before.

He shook his head in amazement and stepped further in, his violet eyes looking about, trying to take it all in.

"You ever flown one like this?" He looked back to Javus, a new look of admiration on his face. This man had it made.

Javus Parr
Jul 19th, 2002, 02:11:16 PM
(He looked down a display console, checking to see how much longer they had in hyperspace, before answering the boy.)

Well, at one point, I was left in charge of a star destroyer breifly while the commander made a short trip to a planet for some mission. I had reign over that ship for a good three days before the commander returned.

I learned quite a bit then. Nothing like experiencing something first hand.

(He looked up at the viewport, at the streamlined stars, before looking into the work station pits.)

So, yeah, this baby's about the same, but I have to worry about a heck of a lot more than military personel. It is, after all, a civilian ship with possibly more working components than your average star destroyer.

SashaKovalev
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:31:37 AM
Sasha's eyes followed Javus as he went about his duties.

He sighed softly.

"I wish I knew how to fly." He commented. It wasnt angry or frustrated, the tone of his voice, it was instead almost wistful.

He gave thebridge one last long look.

"I suppose I should let you get back to work..." He said to Javus, for the man had been kind enough in showing him about the ship for some time already and he didnt want to be a distraction or a nuisance.

Javus Parr
Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:29:29 PM
(Javus slaped the kid on the shoulder in a freidnly manner.)

You're alright kid.

(His lips quircked into a smile.)

Maybe I can sucker one of the pilots into giving you some flight-sim time when they aren't using em.

(He looked back at the board with all the blinking lights before him.)

But you're right. I have to get back to work. Wouldn't want Lady vader to catch me procrastinating or anything.

(He laughed.)

SashaKovalev
Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:13:45 AM
HIs eyes lit up at the idea of maybe, just maybe someday getting the chance to fly a baby like this one. Even just to fly...

He extended his hand to Javus.

"It was great to meet you." He stated as they shook.

"I'll put in a good with with Lady Vader for you if the opportunity comes up..." He added with a grin, and a mischievious sparkle in his violet eyes.

And then he turned, and made his way back down through the ship. Security allowed him to exit, the doors locking securely behind him, and he headed off toward one of the little planets to get a better look.