PDA

View Full Version : Young. Impatient. And a little too cocky. (open)

SashaKovalev
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:05:25 PM
He rose from his bed, the features on his face tightened to a scowl. Yet another morning, and still, his master was gone. And he had heard nothing from the others about his training. He was young and impatient and the waiting was driving him insane.

He dressed, pulling on his clothes slowly, for he had no reason to hurry. The silver chain Xazor had given him jingled softly on his wrist as he reached for his blasters. One, he holstered, the other he slung across his back, adjusting the strap with an absentminded effort. And then he grabbed his lightsaber and walked out the door, slamming it behind him just for the satisfaction of some sort of violent act.

His boots were rubber soled, and he walked quietly down the hallway. As he walked, he pulled a pack of cigaretts from his pockets, and took one out. He held it in his lips as he lit it, then continued walking. He didnt smoke often - really only when he was drinking with the guys, but there didnt seem to be any reason not to at the moment, and besides, he felt like it.

He inhaled deeply, and exhaled through his nose, the smoke billowing behind him in a hazy cloud. He was headed for the gardens, and then through them he would pass on to the lake, which was where he intended to go. For weeks now, for that was how long he had been there, he had been spending some of his free time understanding the patterns of the moving bushes of the garden. He was confident as he made his way through them, all the while focused on a tree that he knew marked the entrance to the path to the lake. As he made it to the path, he looked back,a cocky smirk of satisfaction on his face.

Live Wire had suggested to him during his first week there that he go with a master through the gardens. But he had managed to outsmart the moving hedges that had once had him in awe. He didnt need them. He didnt need a master to show him the way, he thought briefly. If it hadnt been for his frustration, these thoughts likely never would have crossed his mind, for besides his lack of training, he was very happy with the order, and wouldnt have desired to be elsewhere.

It was this brooding sort of mood that he got in occasionally. It was something that had always set him apart from his friends back home. As he approached the lake, he actually smiled. But there was little warmth in it, only an 'I told you so' kind of expression of a kid who was getting perhaps a bit too big for his britches.

It was here that he was going to continue another day of training - on his own. He had been practicing the dark lighting that Lady Vader had shown him to do. By now he was able to conduct it between his hands, for it had been all that he had been focused on since she'd shown him. It had become almost second nature to him, though to conduct with any sort of force certainly took effort and concentration. But without much thought, he could still produce sparks, or pehaps a single band of electricity. He delighted in this, for it was a powerful feeling - and when it was all that one was focused on, it could become all consuming....

Shenraun
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:36:37 PM
*Unfortunately for the boy, there was more than the Sith sorcery that lurked in the vast garden. The large reptile stood perfectly still, his breathing not even heard, as he watched the young Sith make his way to his lake.*

*Yet, the night had passed, and the decsendant of the Dark Side hsshss dragons would allow the passage of this young one.*

*Finally moving, the red dragon moved through the brush, his steps shaking the ground ever so slightly as he came up from behind the boy, curious to know why he was here so soon after the first light.*

SashaKovalev
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:19:08 AM
He took a last drag of his cigarette, then crushed it out on a nearby rock. He set it there, and would take it with him to throw away when he left. He respected the gardens and the lake, and wouldnt destroy them with little, no matter how bad his mood.

And then he stood looking out at the water. It was calm this morning, and there were only a few soft ripples where a gentle breeze passed through. He hadnt been back since Live Wire had taken him here, ut it did feel familiar to him. There was something about the dark magic that surrounded the lake that put him at ease.

As he stood there, he felt a slight rumbling in the surface of the corellian lakeside. His head cocked slightly to the side, and then, with that funny feeling one gets when they're being watched, he turned to see Shenraun.

It was an amazing sight, this red dragon, but it was also a bit unsettling, for Lady Vader had warned him that the dragon lived there, but rarely let himself be seen. She'd also warned him not to go there at night.

His violet eyes stared at the dragon, and he stood anchored to his spot. He swallowed, perhaps a bit nervously.

"Good morning." He stated softly, his cocky attitude slightly subdued by seeing this creature before him.

Shenraun
Jul 15th, 2002, 05:52:36 PM
*Having no means of speach, the dragon spoke through the mind, having an ability for telepathic communication, though it understood many spoken languages.*

A pleasant daylight to you as well.

*His massive, scaled head drooped low, his nostrils a meter or two from Sasha, as he inhaled deeply, taking i the boys scent. Yes, a dark sider, and yet a bit nervous. His head raised again slightly, though he kept his piercing eyesight on the boy.*

I am curious why you have come here so early to my lake's shore.

SashaKovalev
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:51:36 AM
He heard the dragon speak in his mind. This might have surprised him before, but through his recent travels, he had met a jedi, who was quickly becoming a friend to him, and she had taught him this trick. He smiled slightly at the memory of this moment, and the fact that it now felt almost natural to have a voice speaking to him in his mind as this one did.

He stayed quite still as Shenraun moved his massive head, his nostrils and the fire breathing mouth attached to it just a bit too close for comfort as he took in the scent of the young Sith.

And then the dragon inquired to Sasha's presence at his lake so early in the morning. Sasha raised his gaze to look up at the dragon. If this creature was capable of speaking in his mind, it was possible he had read it, as well. There was no use in lying. But he also wasnt ready to express it all to this dragon - not just yet.

"I couldnt sleep any longer." He replied, his voice a mumble.

Shenraun
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:15:09 AM
*The tiny ear flaps at the side of his head, hidden by the bony frills, heard perfectly what the boy had said, even though the words had been mumbled. He could tell the boy was restless, and the scent rolling off him confirmed this.*

*Shenraun tilted his massive head slightly, settling himself into a sitting position, the sun beginning to warm his back nicely.*

You could not sleep because you are...

*His deep rich voice within the boy's head paused slightly before continuing.*

...restless. Something troubles you.

SashaKovalev
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:38:09 PM
As the dragon sat down, Sasha finally dared to move a few steps back. And then he took a seat on a rock. He picked up a pebble and tossed it absently.

He sighed.

"I want to learn." He finally stated, his voice soft.

"And my master is too busy to bother with me." He added.

"Lady Vader showed me a little, but she's got her own things to do, and Im just tired of waiting." He added, standing from where he'd only moments before taken a seat.

He paced slightly, pulling another cigarette from his pockets, nad then stopped, looking to the dragon.

Why was he telling these things to a dragon? It might have registered on his face for a moment.

"Oh what does it matter..." He sighed.

"its not like you can help anyway..." He added.

Shenraun
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:51:43 PM
*Shenraun's scaley lips made a movement into a smile. He was old by even dragon standard years, and he knew a thing or two about patience and wisdom.*

*Leaning this head low again, he looked at the cigarette sticking from between Sasha's lips.*

I can help in some ways.

*To signify this, he closed one nostril and puffed lightly with the other. A tiny spout of flame shot forth, lighting the cigarette. Inhaling the remaining smoke, he again raised his head.*

My Mistress and I have had many a conversation out here in the gardens, and she does think highly of you.

You only need to see those about here do care how your training goes. From what have observed, you are learning. Right now it is patience. Soon it will be other things.

SashaKovalev
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:59:04 PM
He was grateful for the light and smiled slightly. And then he inhaled a deep drag, exhaling through his nose as the dragon did.

To hear that Lady Vader had mentioned him, spoken of him, was encouraging. He had great respect for her.

He sat down on the rock once again.

"I have great respect for Lady Vader." He replied looking up at Shenraun.

"I wish that she had been my master." He added softly. Of all that he had met so far at the sith order, she had been the one that was there for him most often, and always, she had taught him something, made him feel better about things.

"But Im tired of learning patience." He added as he took another drag.

"Ive been patient my whole damn life." He added, exhaling in a deep sigh.

Shenraun
Jul 16th, 2002, 04:57:46 PM
*A low rumble emitted from deep within the large reptile.*

Have you been patient?

*He shook his massive head.*

I don't think you understand the full meaning of patience. It took me 50 standard years to reach the size I am at, and even then, I did not have wings strong enough to lift me off the ground until I was 100. How I longed to sore through the clouds, but I had to wait.

In a sense, I learned patience by myself and alone. You are lucky in the sense you have others that watch over you and council you when you need it.

*He leaned in close again.*

Purhaps things will change for you, and for the better. I do not pretend to know what the future holds, but I have feelings, intuitions, insight.

You will be trained, and purhaps you will have a Master that will see to your advancement.

SashaKovalev
Jul 17th, 2002, 07:55:11 AM
Fifty standard years? One hundred stnadard years? Sasha shook his head. Eighteen years had been quite long enough for him to wait. He'd never have made it through fifty.

He understood the point that the dragon was making. Patience you understood only when you had truly waited long enough that you were no longer impatient. You just accepted that some things would take time.

He took a thoughtful drag of his cigarette. He wondered why today he had felt like smoking, for he could remember the last time that he had. His friend's girlfriend had pulled it from his lips, telling him it would kill him. He could have laughed at this now, for with all that he'd experienced lately, he didnt see himself dying from a cigarette, but more likely from a battle of some sort.

As the dragon leaned in closer, he exhaled, blowing it away from the dragon and listened.

Perhaps things will change for you, and for the better. I do not pretend to know what the future holds, but I have feelings, intuitions, insight.

You will be trained, and purhaps you will have a Master that will see to your advancement.

Sasha cocked his head slightly, staring at the dragon with his violet eyes.

"I hope you're right." He finally stated, his voice soft in the silence between them.

He crushed out his cigarette, not bothering to smoke more than half of it.

"But didnt you feel like you were going crazy just waiting to be able to fly?" He asked. For this was how he felt - just waiting to be able to fly in his own way.

Shenraun
Jul 17th, 2002, 04:02:52 PM
*A rumble came forth from the dragons chest and throat as he chuckled.*

Can "crazy" really be defined? Everyone, even I, have a bit of craziness in us.

*The smile returned.*

But I did not go crazy in the term you meant. I was however anxious. But as time wore on, I knew I must accept who and what I was, and to reach certain stages in my life, I would have to wait patiently.

Time cannot be rushed.

SashaKovalev
Jul 17th, 2002, 04:46:55 PM
Sasha rolled his eyes at the dragon's laughter. THat wasnt what he meant.

But then Shenraun got to the point.

And it didnt make waiting any easier.

"I dont think I'll ever feel that way." He stated.

"I dont want to wait my whole life to learn these things. I want to learn them now." He added.

He sighed and leaned back on the rock, staring up at the morning sun.

"Dont you ever still feel like you're tired of waiting for the next stage?" He asked.

Shenraun
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:50:16 PM
*The large reptile sighed heavily, a puff of smoke escaping from his nostrils.*

When you have lived as long as I have, you learn that each stage in life is not as important as the one you are living in. The only way to make a difference is to focus on the here and now.

*He shifted his folded wings, giving them a better feel for the warmth of the sun.*

You may not fully understand this now, and I must confess, when I was but a lizard, I did not understand either. But in time you will learn to appreciate the time you are living rather than constantly looking toward the future.

SashaKovalev
Jul 18th, 2002, 07:39:45 AM
He felt better that Shenraun had admitted to not understanding these things when he was younger as well. It gave him hope, he supposed, that one day he would be able to see things as the massive dragon saw them - through patient eyes.

Slowly, he sat up, resting back on his elbows, and looked to Shenraun.

"Did you grow up here? With the gardens and the lake?" He asked. Curious violet eyes followed the dragon's puff of smoke until it curled up into the sky and disappeared, and then he looked to the fire breather, waiting on his answer.

Shenraun
Jul 18th, 2002, 03:10:23 PM
*Shenraun settled down even more, now lying down, arms crossed. He shook his massive head.*

No, I did not grow up here on Corellia. In fact, I didn't gorw up anywhere near this system.

*His eyes took on a far off look.*

I grew up on a harsh planet with the name of Vjun, a decsendant of the dark side Hisshiss dragons. A dead planet with acidic rain and horrid heat. There were not many of us, dragons of my species I mean. We were only a handful.

It was there I was captured by hunters at an early age, perhaps no bigger than you are now. I was taken into captivity, where I was part of an exhibit for an exotic creatures circus. During the circus' many travels, I was able to see different worlds, some beautiful beyond words and some not so pleasant. They had no idea I was sentient, and I always kept to myself.

I was with the circus for quite some time, about 18 standard years. Oh, I grew some, but I hadn't even reached half the size I am now. It was about this age the circus had gotten into a scrape with some crime lord, and they fled to a mysterious planet with the name Myrkr. There, they and their menagery, staed for about a month until the crime lord had found them.

In a panic, they fled once again, this time leaving all us creatures there on the planet. I wasnh't able to get out of my cage for some time, as mine was specially equipted with shielding. But in about three days, the shield generator gave out, not having been charged, and I was able to make my way to freedom. I attempted to free some of the other creatures, though some had not made it through the three days due to their delicate nature. Only a few of us were able to escape. Whether the others lived or not is beyond my knowledge. All I know is that I survived.

During my stay on Myrkr, I learned about it's perils. Knowing my scales were tough enough to withstand acidic rain, I found a small pool of molten lava near a dormant volcanoe along the planets equator. I was able to dive into the pool without being harmed, and emerge on the other side to a dry, warm cave. There I built my home, safe from predators.

During my stay there, I noticed I aquired an ability that I could only describe as somewhat mystical. Because the creatures of that planet could utilize the Force by either blocking it or using it to hunt, I aquired some of those traits. It's as if the planet was feeding me with it. I used that ability to hunt and survive.

In time, I grew to the size I am now, using my wings to navigate through the sky for prey and better housing, as my little hovel had become a bit cramped for my size, and also to escape from visiting ships, not wanting to be a freak show again.

As time passed, I grew comfortable with my surroundings, and let my giard down. I was again almost captured by hunters, this time poachers after my horns, teeth, claws, and scales. It was then my Mistress had come and in a sense rescued me.

She told me about her quest to find a dragon guardian, and had come to Myrkr our of instinct rather than with any real knowledge whether a dragon dwelled there or not. Perhaps it was the Force that led her.

And so, that is how I came to be here. I owed her my life, and pledged it to her to protect her and her family for all time, or until my passing came.

*His eyes reverted back to the present, and he smiled a big toothy grin.*

Throughout all that, you can see how patience came easily to me. There was not much to do but wait and be patient.

SashaKovalev
Jul 19th, 2002, 08:19:02 AM
This tale of the dragon intrigued him, and had brought him from leaning on his elbows to sitting straight up, captivated.

He understood now why the dragon had come to be so patient, understood his devotion to Lady Vader.

A faint smile crossed his lips.

"I can see now how you couldbe so patient." He replied. He was quiet, thinking of the things the dragon had said to him.

And then he spoke up, curiousity on his features.

"Lady Vader told me never to walk in the gardens at night. That you...didnt like visitors then. Is that true?" He asked. Not that he doubted what LV had told him. He asked more because he wanted to know why it bothered the dragon so much, for he didnt seem to mind Sasha's presence here at the moment.

Shenraun
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:25:13 PM
*The dragon snorted a chuckle, a few flames escaping between his scaley lips.*

Yes, it is true I do not like visitor's after dark. I too require my own time and privacy.

*He eyed Sasha intently.*

But I do make the rare exception for those I feel respect my domain.

*He brought his face low and close to the boy.*

I shall give you free travel through the gardens during the nights reign, if you feel so inclined to come. As to seeking me out, don't worry, I will find you.

*He raised his head again, standing and moving towards the vast lake, beginning to step into it. Before going further, he looked back at the young Sith.*

The sun has warmed me sufficiently, and I feel the need to cool off. You may join me if you wish.

*It was already close to noon, both the boy and the dragon having been talking for several hours. The time had gone by quickly. Then turning back to look at the lake, his nostrils and tiny ear flaps closed shut, and a protective membrane slid over his golden eyes. With a grace that did not seem a reptile the size of Shenraun possessed, he submerged himself completely in the cool water, using his powerful wings to move through the water's deep.*

SashaKovalev
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:45:58 PM
He felt a sense of awe as the dragon brought his head down low and close to him. To be given free reign of the gardens - in the darkest hours of the night....this was very special to him. It made him feel as if he, like the dragon, now had his own special private place to escape to. He smiled in appreciation and then looked to Shenraun, an earnest expression on his face.

"Thank you." He stated softly. This was the best gift anyone could have given him.

He watched as the dragon sank into the water after their exchange - his home planet had not had any natural lakes or bodies of water - and he had no idea how to swim. The water didnt scare him, but he wasnt about to jump in.

"I dont know how to swim." He admitted as he watched Shenraun submerge deep into the water. Yet he found himself shedding a few layers of clothing and wandering to the waters edge. It was about time he learned, he supposed.

Shenraun
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:49:13 PM
*The red dragon came up through the water's surface, eyeing the boy as he shed a few layers of clothing.*

The water is calm and without peril. You will not drown.

*A toothy grin spread across the dragons features.*

Besides... I'm here.

SashaKovalev
Jul 19th, 2002, 02:20:46 PM
He smiled slightly.

"Well..I cant drown. You just promised me things were going to get better for me a few moments ago..." He quipped good naturedly.

He took a few more steps into the water. And then a few more until it was up past his waist. It made him a little nervous, but he was young and adventurous, and the time had come for him to forget his worries and enjoy the day - a start to learning patience.

He gave the dragon one last look before he attempted swimming for the first time. Being atheltic helped him, but his first few strokes were anything but graceful and dignified. In fact, they splashed quite a bit, and he sputtered, almost panicking until he found some sort of rhythm.

and quickly he headed back to where he'd come, just to feel firm ground for a moment. He laughed, delighted in this new activity and looked to Shenraun once again.

"Do people come out here often to swim?" He asked. He rather hoped they didnt, for the peace and quiet was rather nice.

Shenraun
Jul 19th, 2002, 04:30:38 PM
*Shenraun shook his ehad, causing tiny waves to lap at the shore.*

No, not often. Sometimes I'll see my Mistress and her panther about, or Mistress Live Wire, or perhaps another. But not often at all.

*The dragon was actually treading water lightly, his wings stretched fully along the top, aiding him to float. The lake was indeed deep, and Shenraun enjoyed it's vastness. After all, it wasn't everyday he had a good large space to move about, save for the sky and large meadows beyond the Palace.*

SashaKovalev
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:56:34 AM
He watched the dragon tread water for a bit of time, and then he wandered back into the deeper water once again and tried to mimic the dragon's actions. It worked, though for some time he found it not quite as easy as the dragon did to keep his head above water.

When he caught on, he dared to go just a little bit deeper, though he kept his distance from being sucked into the waves created by the dragon's movements.

"Do you ever get lonely being in the gardens alone so much?" He asked. For he'd never seen the dragon before, and he was the type who rather liked having company around him. He supposed with the dragon's tale of his past,he was quite used to it, but that didnt mean he liked it.

Shenraun
Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:10:36 PM
*The dragon smiled.*

No. I enjoy my solitude. It is relaxing and gives me time to think about many a thing.

*The long neck bent low, allowing the dragons nose to prode the young Sith deeper into the water, near his wing, in the event he needed to hold onto something.*

But I also enjoy the occassional company.

SashaKovalev
Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:58:22 AM
Sasha grinned asthe dragon prodded him a bit deeper into the water, giving him the protection of his wing if need be.

He felt very fortunate to have met the dragon this day. For when he'd risen from bed, he's been frustrated and impatient, but now, having the dragon to speak with, to distract him and give him company, to protect him from himself, really, he was relaxed and had forgotten his frustrations.

"But what do you think about?" He asked, finally reaching for the dragon's wing and using it to hold on to to keep him afloat.

"I mean, dont you just get tired of thinking sometimes?" He was almost referring more to himself, for when alone, he definitely thought way too much - and this was what got him into trouble.

Shenraun
Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:10:47 PM
*The dragon grinned knowingly.*

Well, I think of many things, nothing terribly important or in particular. but I don't always think.

Sometimes I just sit and clear my mind. You'll be surprised how wonderful you feel with a clear mind.

SashaKovalev
Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:51:32 PM
Sasha laughed.

"Im not sure thats possible." He replied, his eyes carrying a hint of mischief as he spoke.

"I think too much." He added as an afterthought.

He let go of the dragon's woing for a moment and began to tread water again, just to be sure he still could, and then satisfied, held onto the dragon's wing once again.

"How do you do it? Clear your mind like that?" He asked.

Shenraun
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:13:20 PM
*Shenraun shrugged slightly, a motion that sent tiny ripples through the waters surface.*

I just... clear my mind.

*He looked at Sasha with his golden eyes.*

It takes discipline. You have to want to clear your mind. It doesn't come right away, as you have to work at it. Yes, clearing one's tumultuous thoughts from one's head takes time...

*He smiled, almost a lopsided grin.*

...and patience.

SashaKovalev
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:20:28 PM
Sasha rolled his eyes and shook his head, a grin on his face.

"Patience..." He muttered, chuckling as he did so.

"Why does everything require patience?" He asked, the frustration coming back to his voice, but only faintly. He was far to relaxed to worry as much about things at the moment.

He flopped back into the water, sinking below the surface for a moment to wet his hair, and coming back up sputtering a bit.

Shenraun
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:28:44 PM
*A rumbling laugh came forth from the dragon at the boys question.*

That, my young friend, is still a mystery, even to me. But I accept it.

*He began moving further into the lake, taking Sahsa with him towards the center.*

Sometimes you just have to takes things as they come and not rush.

SashaKovalev
Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:35:24 PM
He was a bit nervous as the draogn began to take him a bit deeper into the lake. They were getting awfully far from the shore, it seemed to him. But something about the dragon allowed Sasha to trust him. Afterall, he had sworn to protect Lady Vader and her family.

"But dont you get tired of just accepting things all the time?" He asked.

"I mean, sometimes I feel like if I have to just accept one more thing Im going to have to just roll over and play dead - because it doesnt really feel like Im living my life, ya know?"

He sighed.

"Oh, maybe you dont..." He replied, for the dragon had led a very different life than Sasha had.

Shenraun
Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:05:56 PM
*One of the boney ridges above his eyes went up and he looked down at Sasha as they neared the center of the lake.*

Are you not accepting the fact I am taking you deeper into the water, even though you clearly are a bit nervous about it?

*Oh, there was a lesson in what the dragon said. And it wouldn't be hard for the boy to find it.*

SashaKovalev
Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:17:26 PM
He sighed.

"Yes, Im accepting it, but...this is different." He replied searching for an explanation.

"I can accept actions...I cant accept...waiting." He added, trying to get his point across. He held a bit tighter the the dragon's wing, for it really was getting a bit deep.

"You're not going to drown me if I disagree are you?" He asked, half joking, but there was a bit of concern in his tone.

Shenraun
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:48:34 PM
Not at all. I'd probably just boil the water instead.

*He saw complete panic register across the boys features. He shook his head slightly.*

You worry too much for so young an age.

*He bent his neck low towards the boy.*

It was only a joke. I would never harm any member of the Order unless asked of me by my Mistress. And I know she'd never ask that unless they fell away from the Order under bad circumstances.

*He raised his head again, and looked about.*

And now we have reached the center of the lake.

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:55:34 PM
Sasha did worry a lot for a kid his age. He likely should have been out doing the things normal kids his age did - but instead he was here with the Sith Order, trying to put his life together.

He did feel a bit panicked at the idea of boiling to death - but those fears were calmed by Shenraun as he explained he wouldnt do such a thing unless asked by Lady Vader.

And at the mention of being in the center of the lake, he looked up at the dragon, a quesitoning expresion on his face.

He glanced about for a moment, then back to Shenraun.

He nodded slowly as if still trying to get the point.

"Yeah...." He replied slowly. "It does...."

He looked down at the dark, murky surface for a moment. THey were awfully deep.

"Whats down there?" He asked, not sure he really wanted to know the answer.

Shenraun
Jul 24th, 2002, 06:18:54 PM
Mmmmm...

*Shenraun stared at the deep.*

Mostly water, a few plants, some harmless water animals, and catacomb upon catacomb of caves. Some of those caves have phospherescant crystals inside, making their dark depths glow with an errie greenish light.

*He looked at the boy.*

If you had some diving equiptment, I could show you...

SashaKovalev
Jul 24th, 2002, 07:09:00 PM
Sasha's face lit up at the idea of diving. He'd never done it before, as he'd never even been swimming before - but he certainly was game enough to try it.

There had to be equipment back in the castle. There just had to be.

"Would you really show me?" He asked.

"I could maybe find some in the castle. Im sure there's some there somewhere. If I come tomorrow will you?" He asked.

(ooc: he wont end up making it, as that will be the day he goes to visit with his friend's family, then meets up with Xazor for the rather poor decision he makes...but I'd have him come back later, after the whole incident if thats cool...)

Shenraun
Jul 25th, 2002, 04:19:04 PM
*The dragon nodded his massive head once.*

I will be here.

(OOC: Sure. No prob. Fine by me. :))

SashaKovalev
Jul 26th, 2002, 10:44:36 AM
He grinned.

"Then I will come tomorrow." He promised, excitement and eagerness to explore a new piece of the Sith grounds evident in his tone of voice.

And then he looked to the dragon, a young, mischievious expression on his face.

"You think I can swim all the way back?" He asked, as if he were challenging the dragon to dare him to do it. His eyes looked from the dragon, to the land that seemed a bit far away, and then back to the dragon.

Shenraun
Jul 26th, 2002, 04:04:32 PM
*Shenraun favored the boy with a wise smile.*

You can do anything you set your mind and heart to do. Just do not faulter, and you will accomplish a great many things.

SashaKovalev
Jul 29th, 2002, 07:06:31 AM
Sasha grinned.

"I wont falter." He replied with all the assurance and cockiness of a teenaged boy. He was young and like most boys his age, thought he was invincible - thought nothing could go wrong.

If only he had known the mistake he would make the next day...though perhaps this mistake was in the cards for him, for it would teach him much about one of the most important lessons in life - think before you act.

And then he settled back into the water and began to swim back towards the shore.

He held a hand up, waving to Shenraun.

"I'll be back tomorrow...." He called out, and set off determined to conquer the galaxy - or at the very least, this swimming mission of his.

Shenraun
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:16:03 PM
*Shenraun raised one giant forearm and waved.*

*He watched as the boy swam to the shore, and once he was safely on the ground, the large dragon took a deep breath, and dove into the dark waters, his large wings propelling him through the water. Soon his red scales disappeared into the dark depths.*