PDA

View Full Version : The 5 secrets of happiness

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:19:15 PM
Zeke slid onto a stool at the bar. He looked to his left: the stools were empty. He looked right: they were empty also.

"Ah, they'll fill! Bartender! Gimme something that won't KO me with one shot. And if you got food, I could do with some o' that."

Tomak Ohara
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:10:54 PM
Tomak stepped in and saw Zeke, "Just like Dios. You really should not drink kid. It hurts your health." Tomak looked at Zeke, "So where you been kid?"

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:16:14 PM
Zeke grinned and waved Tomak to a stool nearby.

"I don't drink myself drunk, and I wish you people would stop calling me kid. Otherwise I'll have to start calling you something like Old Timer, or...Food! Yeah!"

The bartender placed Zeke's food and drink before him. Zeke began to eat, stuffing his face as full as it could get.

"Thish ish rilly good! I been sedduling in and gettin's shome trainin'." Zeke said around his food.

Tomak Ohara
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:37:18 PM
Tomak watched Zeke stuff his face, "Slow down you will choke. Well in any case calling me old timer would be correct. I am 300 years old you know. So how old are you? Do you have any family? Where have you come from?" Tomak had so many questions for the small one. This little child was very odd. He actually reminded him of his old friend Grey Riftblade. Oh well, best not to dwell on memories.

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:41:52 PM
Zeke swallowed and took a drink.

"I was born on a starship. My dad was missing in action when I was born, and mom died in childbirth, so I got no last name and no home planet. I don't remember how old I am; havent given that one any thought since my 15th birthday. I'm about 5'8", so please stop calling me kid."

Zeke shoved his plate back across the bar toward the bartender.

"More please."

Tomak Ohara
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:48:43 PM
"Well interesting story. So.....why the jedi? I came because my father in the past wanted me here so I would be safe. My entire clan is dead. I one day will start a new clan, but first I need her." Tomak thought about Azhure. Where was she now? "So Zeke, I hope my vampiricism does not make you scared."

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:52:44 PM
Zeke shook his head.

"Not really. Never seen vampires before, but I also haven't seen any reason to fear them. I came here b'cuz I feel like I oughtta protect something. Be a guardian. That way, I can fulfill one of the 5 secrets of happiness all the time."

The bartender scooted a new plate at Zeke. Zeke attacked it again with a ferocity similar to his attack on his first plate.

Tomak Ohara
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:00:13 PM
Tomak stuck his hand over Zeke's plate, in fear of losing it,"Slow down. You eat way to fast. Your gonna choke Zeke." Tomak laughed and then ordered another drink.

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:05:54 PM
"M'not eever!" Zeke swallowed.
"I've become quite accustomed to eating quickly. I grew up on a starship, eating in the crew's galley. You kinda hafta eat fast to get any food there."

Dios Kane
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:24:08 PM
:: Dios stood up from a booth near the back, yawning after getting a good nap back there he saw Zeke and Tomak. He moved over to them and sat down.::
Hey buds, how's it goin?

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:30:48 PM
Zeke's grin did what it always did when his friends arrived: it got BIGGER. Now he had 2 of 5 secrets of happiness going for him.

"It GOES. This food is great."

Zeke drained his glass and shoved both that and his plate at the bartender.

"Need some more."

The bartender, apparently debating whether he should be disgusted at Zeke's eating habits or happy for the bill he was accumulating, picked up the plate and glass and went for Zeke's next refill.

Dios Kane
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:32:50 PM
:: Dis smiled at the kids appetite, much like his own.::
I'll have whatever he's havin.

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:35:31 PM
"Heck yeah!"

Zeke rapped on the bar with his knuckles, calculating the secrets of happiness that remained and how he was to fulfill them...

"Let's see...Hey, Dios! Does the food here make ya happy?"

Dios Kane
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:38:51 PM
:: Dios looked at his food for a moment then back at Zeke::
Only if I got somebody to share it with and there's a drink involved.

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:47:16 PM
"Then get a drink! I'm assuming you want to share your food with a girl. We'll be a while on that one, it seems."

Zeke's grin never dropped.

"Hey, the food's back!"
The bartender, afraid he'd lose a hand, practically threw Zeke's plate at him. Zeke neatly fielded it and returned to his stool to eat.

Dios Kane
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:50:15 PM
Awww, a girl can't be too far off from getting here. They just have to be hungry.
:: Dios started to wolf down his food as fast as Zeke::
Gud stuph.

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:06:15 PM
Zeke didn't even pause for breath as he cleared half his plate and drained his glass within a second of each other.

"I hear ya. I godda come ober here more...thish ish jusht too gooda be troo..."

Tomak Ohara
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:14:58 PM
"You two are savages. How can you eat like that?" Tomak laughed long and hard. Seeing his friends like this was hilarious."Give me a steak, medium please."

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:07:35 PM
Zeke swallowed and waved his fork as he thought of what to say next.

"I thought steak was lethal to vampires."

Zeke cleared the rest of his plate and pushed it back. The bartender didn't wait for Zeke to speak; he took it and started to pile on the food again.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:28:36 AM
Sitting down at the bar Maia called the bartender over and smiled at him when he sat her customary glass of juice down in front of her. "Need to be a little less predictable huh." She said with a small laugh.

Glancing around she spotted Zeke and Dios and one other she had not yet met. Her eyes widened as she watched the two men eat. She had seen her brother put food away but even he could not rival what Zeke and Dios were doing. She just hoped they didn't choke.

Sipping her drink she grinned and shook her head. Zeke even when eating wore his perpetual smile. Maia hoped nothing would ever come between him and his delightful happiness...

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:37:43 AM
The bartender returned Zeke's plate and he started up again. After a moment Zeke stopped eating for a gulp of his drink and looked around for something to wipe his face. He spotted Maia.

"Mashter Maia! Whups..." Zeke swallowed. "Master Maia! Come over here and join us!"

He returned to his food, watching her out of the corner of his eye.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:29:25 PM
Maia eyed Zeke and wondered if it was going to be safe to go near him. Grinning back at him she stood up. Maia nudged Dios with her shoulder and greeted him.

Sitting down next to Zeke she leaned in close. "So how many plates does that make?" Signaling for the bartender she ordered a light dinner. Sitting here and watching the men eat made her hungry and she figured she might as well join in on the food fest....

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:34:01 PM
"Thish one'sh nummer 4..." Zeke said with his mouth full.

Dios Kane
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:03:16 PM
:: as she nudged him he choked on his food he was eating and coughed until it went down. He then waved at her and pushed her as she sat down.::
Watch it! I coulda died! Don't you know what a bunch of rice could do to a guy?
:: He laughed::
How's life Maia?

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:40:30 PM
Maia grinned at Dios. He could always put a smile on someone's face. As for him dying from rice inhalation she doubted it. The way he was eating he could probably swallow the plate whole and not even need a drink after to wash it down.

"Life's good Dios. Tiring but good. How about you how are you handling things?" She remembered when he had come to comfort her. He had felt her pain and had done his best to soothe her. But when he had left her room she had sensed and heard in his comment something that worried her. She didn't think he was as happy as he pretended to be.

"We should get together for a walk sometime and talk my friend." She said softly placing a hand over his a worried look in her eye's.

Sitting up she smiled at Dios. "Hey would you mind passing the salt?" She asked. As he reached for it she snaked her hand toward his plate and took biscuit from him. Grinning she slathered it with fruit preserves. "Yummy," she said giggling after taking a bite...

Zeke
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:16:00 PM
Zeke's mouth dropped open and voice took a whining tone.

"I...I want one! No fair!"

Wyvern
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:50:36 PM
A lone figure walked into the bar, clad in red.
"Hi everyone. I'm finished looking around."
Gesturing to Dios with a welcoming handshake
"I don't believe we've met? My name is Wyvern. I'm new to the Order. Bartender, a drink please. Nothin' too hard if you dont mind."

Zeke
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:57:18 PM
Zeke, momentarily distracted from Maia's biscuit, turned to look at him.

"I meant to ask earlier...isn't Wyvern a creature of legend?"

His attention shifted back to the biscuit.

"Pleeeaaase can I have one?"

Wyvern
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:19:31 PM
"Yeah, it is. After the death of my friend, I ran away. My height, being a child, allowed me transport on a great starship called The Millenium Falcon. We landed on Tatooine and I quickly fled when the pilot shot at me with his blaster. I ran off into the desert. Oh, well, to make a long story short, I was found by a small mercenary group and was given a new name, Wyvern. I can't remember my original name because of slight amnesia."

Dios Kane
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:31:29 PM
:: Dios mock glared at Maia for a moment as he reached for another biscuit and tossed it to Zeke. He then turned to Wyvern::
Dios Kane, welcome to the order my friend and hope you enjoy the bar because I sure as hell do.
:: He turned to Maia for a minute and fel his face shift, he hadn't meant for it to do that but he hoped she or anyone else hadn't noticed.::
A walk huh? Anytime, just ask...
:: He ate some more and drank a lot more before turning to Wyvern again::
Amnesia huh? I'm sorry man, but I bet the training in surviving the desert was worth it.

Zeke
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:51:53 AM
Zeke smiled.

"Biscuit!"

He ate it in a single bite.

"Good stuff!"

Wyvern
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:22:13 AM
Wyvern's eyes grew wide and with a calm voice said,"You got some kinda appetite man. I prefer eating slow, I always have because on Tatooine, the sun will make you sick if you eat too fast. I usually eat alone for the same reason."
Wyvern's drink came and he began to slowly sip it.
"Yeah, desert training helped alot. I was the group's espionage and sneaking guy. One thing I hate is Tuskens, though. As soon as you attack one their on you like a pack of rats," Wyvern gestured casually to his arm,"that's why my arm is scarred around my glove. It's pretty gruesome underneath. Just to spare your appetite, I won't show it. When I hold a saber, or any knife, I hold it upside down because of the pain."
Continues siping upon his beverage.

Zeke
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:03:46 PM
Zeke blinked.

"That's funny. I grew up on a starship, where it's cold all the time and ya gotta eat fast to get food. "

He shoved his plate back, and the bartender reached for it.

"Nah, I'm done. But keep the drinks coming!"

Dios Kane
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:45:05 AM
:: Dios smiled... life sucked for some people, he knew.::
Interesting...
:: He finished another plate and got some more before turning back to them and shoveling more food in his mouth while he spoke.::
Watz you guyz been up to?

Zeke
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:37:06 AM
"Saber training. Maia's teaching me how to be one with it. And you? How's your training?"

Dios Kane
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:39:34 AM
:: Dios smirked::
Well enough I guess, I must be patient a big part to it.

Zeke
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:59:20 AM
"Patient? What are you guys doing?"

Dios Kane
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:43:02 AM
Focusing on how to feel the force and know what's around me, but that's about all for now, everything else I end up having to learn on my own.

Zeke
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:40:18 AM
"Probing rocks, basically. Maia's teachin me some of that with the saber."

He hugged Maia.

"My Master's so cool!"

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:00:30 AM
Lion woke up from his slumber in the bar when a biscuit came flying at him at top speed.

"Owww....don't they make those things any softer?"

Lion got up and walked towards the bar, spotting Zeke, Dios, Tomak, Maia, and somebody else that he'd nevr met before. Dios was shoveling food into his mouth, and Zeke was downing bottles of Liquor...some people were so predicatable.

"Hey, bartender, I'd like to order a Ronto steak for those two over there. Put it on my bill. Oh yeah, and can I get a Corellian Ale?"

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 14th, 2002, 01:09:10 PM
Maia was in the process of taking a bite when Zekes arms hugged her. Her eyes widened as the food stuck momentarily in her throat and then went down.

Grinning up at Zeke her eyes watered slightly from the think biscuit that had stuck. "Thanks Zeke your an easy Padawan to teach."

Extracting her self from Zeke took her a few minutes, when she did Maia grabbed her juice and washed her food down completely.

"Hello Lion you hungry?" Maia asked as she scooted over to make room for him. Bumping Dios as he was lifting his glass to drink...

Zeke
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:40:59 PM
Zeke mock-glared at Lion.

"If you spill things upon me, I will feed you to the Rancor they use as a waste disposal."

He grinned broadly.

"Kiddin'. But I'm serious about the spilling thing. I'm tryin' to stay clean today."

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 15th, 2002, 12:48:53 AM
"Hey, thanks, Maia, but I'll probably just eat at midnight. It starts interesting conversations. So, what bring y'all down here today, besides Zeke's and Dios' eating habits?"

Wyvern
Jul 15th, 2002, 06:26:47 PM
"I had to have somethin' to drink... I haven't slept in weeks... I hope it'll knock me out for a while..."

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 15th, 2002, 11:34:15 PM
Lion ordered whatever Zeke and Dios were having, and began shoveling it in at top speed.

"Mmmff....Gud Stof!" Lion said through a mouthful of...whatever it was.

"Sof, anyfbozy foun' a date for da' dance?"

Zeke
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:27:43 AM
"I'm taking Maia!"

Zeke was very proud.

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:57:12 AM
"Gud por u...." Lion swallowed, then said:

"Good for you, Zeke, at least one of us found quality."

"Hey, another plate!!!!!!!!! I WANT MORE!"

Dios Kane
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:27:37 AM
:: Dios rolled his head.::
Ugh... the formal... I'm not going.

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:54:29 AM
Lion was starting on his 14th plate of food when he heard Dios say that he wasn't going.

"Hey, man you gotta g-"

Without warning, Lion pitched faceforward into the plate, ALMOST spraying Zeke with macaroni.

20 minutes later, Lion woke up, saying:

"Food makes me sleepy."

Zeke
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:59:30 AM
"I heard of a medical condition where you go to sleep at random."

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:03:58 AM
"Narcolepsy? Naw, I just haven't slept for the past few days...the dance, and all."

Zeke
Jul 16th, 2002, 08:16:20 PM
"Just checkin'."

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 17th, 2002, 01:29:03 PM
"Thanks...I think."

Lion pushed his plate forward, and yelled:

"Yo, bartender! MORE DRINKS!"

Dios Kane
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:41:36 AM
:: Dios sorta looked at the guy funny, Dios barely slept either and he hadn't for wuite some time but that was just stupid.::
You okay man? Seriously?

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 18th, 2002, 11:27:50 AM
"Ya. I guess my body kept eating while my brain was takin' a rest, then shut the whole thing down. Anyway, it's over, so I'm gonna eat s'more!"

Lion then returned to scarfing down bowls and plates of food...the bartender just rolled his eyes.