PDA

View Full Version : A Special Gift.(Training Zeke. closed)

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 8th, 2002, 08:41:57 PM
Maia crouched down by the bag she had brought with her to the training room. She had left a message with her Padawan to meet her here. It would be there first of many sessions but she wanted this one to be special. Pulling open the bag she reached in and lifted a lightsaber from its dark depths.

The lightsaber had been her first, it held so many memories for her. It had been made and given to her by her brother Mikal. It had also been used by her in many spars by her with Mikal and a few others. Caressing the hilt she smiled softly. She would offer this gift to her first Padawan to let him know how special he was to her. She would always have the memoire as would he and the lightsaber would hopefully bond them as friends.

Igniting the saber with a snap-hiss the beautiful dark blue blade shot out. She hoped it would mean as much to him as it had to her...

Zeke
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:06:10 PM
Zeke entered and immediately noticed the light blade Maia held. His widened with wonder at the saber, and his mouth hung open also. He'd never seen a lighsaber in real life before and was quite impressed. He caught Maia's stare and his happy smile returned.

"Nice weapon. What am I learning today, Master?"

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:53:35 AM
Maia glanced up at the sound of her Padawans voice. His customary smile was in place and Maia returned it just as warmly. She was glad that her first Padawan had so much light in him. One day he would make a fine master.

Standing up she held the saber up and its rich blue hue began to glow brighter, reflecting the joy in Maia's heart. Grinning she shut it off and hovered it above her hand. Calling on the force to bring her peace and to aid her in what she was going to teach her Padawan. Sending it to him using the force she stopped it before it completely reached him.

"Zeke, this lightsaber now belongs to you. My brother made it for me and it has always meant a lot to me. I wanted to give it to you. Your my first Padawan, I hope I can show you the ways of the lightside and that it always brings you joy." She said with a slight bow. As he reached for it, she released it and it dropped into his awaiting hand.

"What we will learn today Zeke is how to call on the force to calm you, to make you one with your saber and all that is around you."

Zeke
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:18:48 AM
Zeke nodded, but most of his attention was on the blade he held. He turned it on and waved it a few times, then hefted it, flipped it, and hefted it again.

"It has no weight."

He had some experience with "swordfighting" from his travel to the order. He'd learned to "swordfight" using pipes and other such objects, but they all had considerable weight and he had lousy control over them. This saber was weightless; he'd have a much easier time defending himself. He shut down the saber.

"This'll be quite interesting."

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:48:13 AM
Alana called her own lightsaber to her hand. Facing Zeke she smiled at the wonder in his face. Closing her eye's momentarily she called on the force to soothe her. igniting her saber she stood in a defensive stance.

"Zeke come stand by me. Close your eyes and ignite the saber. Feel the force flowing through your arm to your saber. Make it an extension of your arm. Feel what is going on around you." Maia said softly, keeping her voice soft and soothing.

Lifting a small stone she sent it hurtling toward her young Padawan. She was prepared to block it if he failed to feel it coming. But she had faith in him. She could feel him relaxing and letting the force flow through him...

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:58:18 AM
Zeke ignited the saber and took his position next to Maia. The smile dropped from his face as he relaxed,closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. As he exhaled he felt a movement of energy within his body...that would be the Force. He suddenly could feel everything within arms length...no saber's length of his body.

"Its a rock..." he said absently. Zeke flicked his wrist and vaporized the small stone with his blade.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:04:28 AM
Grinning Maia hurled a few more stones at him and watched with pleasure as he deflected them all. He was very strong and very in tune with the force.

"Zeke, have you ever fought with a saber or a sword?" Maia asked softly she did not want to startle him from his peaceful moment.

"I want you to attack me as you would an enemy. What I have learned from my master is to never attack out of anger but out of the need to protect or to defend an innocent or yourself. If you attack in anger it will lead you to the darkside. Though I cannot see you, being such a happy person, attacking in anger. But sometimes the darkside can be very powerful and it is only a step away. A momentary lapse in doing whats right and it will be there to consume you." She said her eyes serious.

She did not want to lose him to the darkside, she had seen to many padawans fall away from the light because of hate. She had watched her kind brother become something he never wanted to be...

Zeke
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:33:00 AM
Zeke smiled so big his eyes squinted.

"It takes too much time and effort to be angry. Ya got no worries there!"

Zeke dropped back into himself, tuning in to the Force.

"I've had some practice. A metal pipe works much like a sword with no cutting abiity. And I have attacked to protect the innocent several times on my way to the Order...Now...are...you...ready?"

Zeke's voice slowed, but his actions were extremely fast. Before she knew it he was coming at her low, aiming a direct, one-shot horizontal slash at her stomach.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:19:45 PM
Maia stepped to the side bringing her Saber in a downward arch. Pushing Zekes saber away and to the side. He moved fast as did she. Moving her saber up she swung down toward his head. He would have to move quickly, his saber was still in the outward swing from her push.

Zeke
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:04:11 PM
Zeke, demonstrating more acrobatic talent than Maia had given him credit for, cartwheeled out of the way. Her saber sizzled through the air right where he had been and singed his hair. He squatted low, and shunted the Force's power into his legs. He leaped in a high backflip, bringin his saber into position for a falling stab.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:03:43 PM
Maia felt he force flowing through her giving her the strength and the extra needed speed. Flipping back from his downward thrust just in time. He was good and his calm attitude aided him.

As he was about to land She brought up her hand and force pushed him. Sending him reeling before he had fully landed on his feet. Grinning at his surprised expression. She took a defensive stance. Her legs slightly a part and her saber grasped in both of her hands pointing down. "Very good Zeke you are a skilled fighter."

Zeke
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:28:16 PM
Zeke tumbled backward and stood to his feet.

"Um...ow. Yeah. Ow." His words were calmer than his expression. "Thanks much." He sprinted toward her, bounding across the room with longs strides. He kept his lightsaber behind him and to the side, holding it low to the ground. He could attack from any angle...she'd have to be good to anticipate him.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 16th, 2002, 01:45:54 PM
Maia held her stance and waited for him to swing. She called on the force to aide her. She thought of just force pushing him but she wanted to see what e had planed. swaying gently back and forth she watched his torso for the tell-tell movement on with way he would strike...

Zeke
Jul 16th, 2002, 08:19:05 PM
Zeke's saber flashed in two circles, then his move came from above and to her right. A small flourish faked her out and his attack changed to left and below.

"Not what you expected, eh?"

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:12:06 PM
Flipping sideways to avoid the misdirected blow. Maia nodded in agreement. "Very good Zeke, you did catch me by surprise. As she landed she moved quickly up on him and launched herself into the air. As her head pointed downward she slashed at Zekes head and landed behind him. Dropping down she swung her foot in a full circle and swept his feet out from under him...

Zeke
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:14:29 PM
Zeke ducked her overhead slash, but was too slow to dodge the footsweep. Instead, he used a back handspring to control his fall. He was off balance though; he'd have to be quick or she'd get him again.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 18th, 2002, 12:16:16 AM
Calling on the force Maia sent a small push toward Zeke. He was already off balance and the push was enough to send him reeling. When he hit the ground she was on him instantly. Her saber poised in a downward thrust. It was aimed for his heart.

Zeke
Jul 18th, 2002, 12:21:07 AM
Zeke shifted and the blade cored the floor under his armpit.

"EEP!...ahem."

Now Maia was leaning over him, and he could think of a few attack options. One would get him in slapped. The other would have better results. He kicked her in the stomach as hard as he could, using the Force to boost his strength. She flew back and rolled a good distance. Zeke relaxed and breathed, trying to recover a bit while he had the chance.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 18th, 2002, 12:30:50 AM
Maia lay there for a few seconds catching her breath. e had caught her off guard with that one. Using the force she masked her pain. She could feel the cool light of the force soothing her aching stomach. Flipping back to her feet she grimaced. "To soon." She thought to herself.

She made her way slowly over to Zeke who was catching his breath to. A soft smile played on Maia's lips. "You are very well trained Zeke." Maia wondered if she should up it a notch and send some projectiles at him as she attacked. Stepping back she waited to see what he would do next.

Zeke
Jul 18th, 2002, 12:37:27 AM
Zeke rose to one knee.

"What training? All the training I got so far is from you."

Since he had been living in a ship's cargo hold for most of his life, he had plenty of experience fighting pirates. He had to use only what he had on hand to fight with, and usually it was something swordlike. So naturally he had some skill. But he wasn't as good as some. He took a few quick steps forward, then began a series of backhandsprings toward Maia. He wasn't sure what he'd do next, so they were both in for a surprise.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:24:34 AM
As Zeke moved toward her, Maia braced herself for the assault. There was no telling what he would do. She could have easily force pushed him well he was flipping but she wanted to see what kind of attack he had in mind. Pulling her saber up in front of her she took a defensive stance ready to move or defend...

Zeke
Jul 20th, 2002, 08:10:47 AM
Zeke finished off his last handspring and leapt up to sit on her shoulders. Zeke heaved himself over backward and threw her with Force-boosted strength with his legs. The move was tough; he didn't have enough momentum. He landed in a low squat and watched carefully.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:42:47 AM
Maia was flung back with the force of his move. Catching herself was difficult. Dropping to one knee she as she landed she grunted. Standing up she grinned at her Padawan. "I must say Zeke that was a good move. Leaping forward she used force speed to reach him and brought her saber down. Just in time he brought his up to block hers. There sabers hissed as they locked together.

Maia pulled back and dropped low swinging her foot around in a 180 degree turn sweeping is feet out from under him.

Zeke
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:47:14 AM
Zeke gave a surprised cry and landed flat on his back. He rolled back away from her in case she was about to follow up, then stood and maintained a defensive stance.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 24th, 2002, 04:55:35 AM
Maia bowed to her Padawan and smiled. "You have done well Zeke. We will have to take this up again some time but for now lets rest and concentrate on the force. I want to show you how to lift things and to do a force push like I did to you earlier. It may take a while to learn but it comes in handy in battle."

Zeke
Jul 24th, 2002, 08:06:18 AM
Zeke switched off his saber and pocketed it.

"Hm. 'Kay, so what happens first? That push thingy's a nifty trick."

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:37:56 AM
Maia Sat down on the blanket she had placed on the floor before Zeke had come in. She motioned for him to take a seat directly across from her.

"When you go to fight Zeke there will be so much more than just saber fighting. A Sith will play with your mind and your emotions. He or she will say things to hurt or deceive you. But you must always remember to not become angry or frustrated. It may seem an easy thing to do but I can assure you it is not. All anger and fear lead to the darkside. It is very normal to feel these emotions but as Jedi we must learn to control them." Maia rested her hands lightly on her knees. A soft gentle smile on her lips.

"When you call on the force and it fills your body and opens your mind to new possibilities, you must always remember with each gift of power we are given, we have all the more responsibility to not abuse it." Maia reached over and grabbed a small stone from the ground and placed it between them.

"Always remember Zeke that it is not the Jedi way to attack first, but we must always protect those who need it. A Sith is no more than a lost soul to the darkness and can be redeemed or turned one day. If you remember this it will help you one day." Maia said softly her thought on her brother who she knew to have a gentle heart even though he was a Sith.

Zeke
Jul 28th, 2002, 10:36:52 PM
Zeke sat across from her and absorbed this knowledge without blinking. Sith...from what he'd seen and heard of them, they were like spoiled brats and angry children, seeking to glorify themselves through the destruction of others, especially ones weaker than themselves. There was nothing to respect in that. He nodded for her to continue.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 30th, 2002, 01:08:29 AM
Maia clsed her eyes. "I want you to draw on the force Zeke. Let it fill you and I want you to lift that small stone. Tell me what it fees like for you to have the force filling your body. I want you to feel whats all around you and what you hear."

Zeke
Jul 30th, 2002, 01:22:21 AM
Zeke fell into the Force, and let it overwhelm him.

"It feels warm, like a hot bath. Happy too. Very happy...I hear other lessons advancing..."

Zeke smirked.

"Dios is probing rocks a few rooms away..."

Now he focused on the task at hand; the lifting of the stone. He focused the Force around it and lifted up with his mind. The stone vibrated violently, then rose a few inches off the ground.

Maia Tharrinn
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:45:55 PM
Maia grinned at his description of how he felt. Everyone had a different experience when they called to the force and let it feel them. Her was like flying. The breeze rushing over her body, cooling her sprit.

Maia nodded as the stone rose up. Though it was only a few inches she was proud. She knew he would be able to do it right away being as good natured as he was. His heart always seemed to be in tune with the force. "That's wonderful Zeke. It's usually very hard to do that on the first try. I know I failed." She knew why she had failed to, thoughts of her family had clouded the experience.

"What do you say we go get some lunch and take this up at a later time?"

Zeke
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:49:44 PM
"Food? Neato!"

The stone dropped and clattered on the ground. Zeke's attention shifted back.

"Oops..."