PDA

View Full Version : Powerpuff Girls ROCKED

Shawn
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:12:12 PM
Yeah yeah... I know. You all are going to call me crazy. But I loved this movie! I went and caught a The PPG movie and MiB2 back-to-back, and I found the former far more entertaining. The animation was superb, blending the occasional CG with some very stylized visuals. For anyone who's seen the TV show, it served as a prequel, explaining how the Powerpuff Girls came to be in detail, and setting up their main villan: Mojo Jojo. It worked very well as a stand-alone movie. It had some cute moments, and was every bit as well put together as one of Disney's "classics".

In fact, I enjoyed the PPG movie much more than it's follow-up, Men In Black 2. There was more laughs, more fun, and I walked out of the theater feeling that I had spent my money well. Even if you've always thought the Powerpuff Girls were "weird" or "just for kids", definitely try to catch this one.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:23:00 PM
Mojo Jojo :D I'd rather see PPG than MiB2 anyway - the plot looks like it's exactly the same to the first movie really :\

Darth23
Jul 8th, 2002, 03:47:45 PM
Mojo is the greatest screen super villian. Because he is a supervillian who is greater than all the others. No other supervillian is a great as him. Which means he is the best.

All others are inferior to him. And he is superior. Because he, Mojo Jojo is the best and they are not, he si better than they, who are worse.......

:p

darth_mcbain
Jul 8th, 2002, 04:42:26 PM
Maybe its because I've never seen the show and don't know anything about it, but what are you guys smokin? I don't think I could sit through about 5 minutes of that...

Jedieb
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:29:23 PM
I watch the show all the time on Cartoon Network. It's very well written and pretty funny. Watching little 6 year old girls beat the crap out of supervillians is hilarious and quite entertaining. I only wish my daughter was a bit older to appreciate it. I haven't seen the movie yet and don't know if I will but I know I'd probably enjoy it, I love origin stories.

JonathanLB
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:38:25 PM
"I don't think I could sit through about 5 minutes of that..."

Yeah, I agree with that. I couldn't even tolerate the STUPID trailer for this thing which was only 30 seconds long or whatever, hehe. It looks just awful. I will see it soon and I hope that I am somehow pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

It looks like a little kiddie girls show. Why would I want to see six year old girls that are incredibly poorly drawn and look nothing like any human form beat the crap out of villains that are stupid and poorly drawn too? I don't see what people are talking about with saying this movie has "great animation." It is better than the trailer, then, right? Because from what I saw from the trailer, it is some of the worst animation EVER done for a full movie, except South Park.

ReaperFett
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:42:55 PM
I've never seen a bit of it. It just doesn't look like something I'd like.

Jedieb
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:54:41 PM
Why would I want to see six year old girls that are incredibly poorly drawn and look nothing like any human form beat the crap out of villains that are stupid and poorly drawn too? I don't see what people are talking about with saying this movie has "great animation."
LOL, are you trying to show that you're ignorant of today's animation standards? Not everything is anime or realisticly drawn. PPG is some of the best drawn and sharpest animation done today. It's very stylized and looks much better than most of the commercialized crap you find on Fox Kids and other network cartoon shows.

ReaperFett
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:01:17 PM
PPG looks too much like some cheap Japanese advert or something for me. Not that Ive seen many animated Japanese adverts :)

Jedieb
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:07:19 PM
What's a Japanese advert?

It's pretty clean and sharp. Along the lines of some of the other shows on CC like Dexter's Lab and Samuri Jack. The show may not to be your taste, but it's pretty high quality stuff for its genre. It's not intended to be as detailed as anime stuff. It's a kid's cartoon that's got enough stuff in there to amuse adults, that about covers it.

JonathanLB
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:12:44 PM
The animation is horrible. I don't care what you want to call it, it's just trash. It's approaching the shoddiness of Hey Arnold and that's pretty lousy. Lilo and Stitch was well animated. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron was amazingly well animated, despite it not being a good movie really. But The Powerpuff Girls movie? HORRIBLE. I've rarely ever seen such poor animation.

I have watched some anime, notably that Gundam show with a friend of mine who is big into that, and I thought the animation rocked. It was pretty darn cool, but there is just no question about it, the animation in The Powerpuff Girls movie SUCKS.

Whenever you cannot actually make a character move, therefore you lower your standards to using 3 frames to make his head move from tilted sideways right to sideways left, that is FACTUALLY bad animation. It's like South Park. Everyone knows that South Park has shoddy animation, but it's FUNNY anyway. The horrid quality is just part of the fun, but for someone to call that good animation, they'd have to be on heavy acid.

Same goes with The Powerpuff Girls. Did you SEE the animation? The stupid villain moves his mouth up and down like 3 times and that's supposed to be him speaking?! Jesus Christ, my cat could draw more realistic imagery. It's just torturously bad.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 8th, 2002, 08:51:00 PM
:: Marks donw Powerpuff Girls as a movie to see ::

Gurney Devries
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:01:17 PM
Once again, you prove how narrow-minded and ignorant you truly are, Jon. You sound like a little child pretending to be older than he really is.

"OH NOSE! It's a KIDS' cartoon! I don't watch kids' cartoons!"

Comparing PPG to Gundam is like comparing the Rocky Horror Picture Show to Terminator: Neither PPG nor the RHPS try to take themselves seriously. To even suggest a comparison like that just examplifies how shallow you are in the most profound way.

I pity anyone who's so wrapped up in themselves that they can't have a little fun every now and then.

Jedieb
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:04:40 PM
LOL, did someone SERIOUSLY compare PPG to anime Gundam? :lol

imported_QuiGonJ
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:32:15 PM
Jon, what I call it is a descendant of the United Productions of America school of animation, aka UPA animation as seen in Mr. Magoo and Rocky and Bullwinkle.

I found you an article on the history of animation in general:
http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/C/htmlC/cartoons/cartoons.htm

It goes into more detail, but here's a quote:

Up until the 1950s cartoonists, especially those with Disney, had labored under a naturalistic aesthetic--striving to make their drawings look as much like real world objects as was possible in this medium. The apotheosis of this was Disney's Snow White which traced the movements of dancer Marge Champion and transformed her into Snow White. But post-World War II art movements such as abstract expressionism rejected this naturalistic approach and these avant-garde principles eventually filtered down to the popular cartoon. In particular, United Productions of America (UPA), a studio which contained renegade animators who had left Disney during the 1941 strike, nurtured an aesthetic that emphasized abstract line, shape, and pattern over naturalistic figures. UPA's initial success came in 1949 with the Mr. Magoo series, but its later, Academy Award-winning Gerald McBoing Boing (1951) is what truly established this new style.

My understanding is that PPG does have jokes that would go over the kid's heads and might have done better had they not marketed it, as you say, "a little kiddie girls show". Like with South Park, either you will like it or hate it.

I personally can't stand South Park, but that's just my opinion. :)

Gurney Devries
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:36:21 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
LOL, did someone SERIOUSLY compare PPG to anime Gundam? :lol
Originally posted by JonathanLB
I have watched some anime, notably that Gundam show with a friend of mine who is big into that, and I thought the animation rocked. It was pretty darn cool, but there is just no question about it, the animation in The Powerpuff Girls movie SUCKS.

Figrin D'an
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:46:54 PM
I never really got into PPG... I've seen a few episodes of the show on Cartoon Network, but admitedly, I did find myself laughing at it somewhat. There is definately some material that really goes over the heads of kids (or for that matter, many teenagers). Dexter's Lab is pretty funny, especially when they do parodies of other shows or cartoons... the Speed-Racer parody was hilarious. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:00:27 PM
I like Dexter's Lab better Powerpuff girls is okay though I would never go to the movie theater to see it maybe rent it. Also WB really messed up on the marketing department, the film didn't even get advertised which probably explains why it only made 6 million for the 5 days.

JonathanLB
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:56:08 AM
Anyone who would seriously defend The POWERPUFF Girls needs to look down and make sure the equipment is still functioning. Maybe even check it out a bit, give it a test drive, just make sure everything is still ok down there. Maybe even see if the little guy is awake or whatever you have to do, but don't sit back trying to tell me what AWESOME animation it is because it is a "NEW STYLE" that some retards made because they were too LAZY to draw anything good.

You can compare any animation to any other animation. I didn't say that PPG should be LIKE Gundam Wing, I said that I have seen Gundam Wing and I appreciated the animation style, but I have seen the trailer for PPG and seen Dexter's Lab before and the animation is just plain lousy. For a TV cartoon show, it is ok, who cares? It doesn't matter that much, just like cheesy TV effects, I expect that a lower budget is going to lead to shoddy animation. What I don't expect is to see a feature film that looks like it would be outgunned even on TV, let alone competing against the big boys in theaters. Obviously, it got trashed, so my opinion that the movie looks stupid is the majority opinion. That doesn't mean it IS stupid. I am going to see it before I judge the actual quality of the script, the plot, etc., and MAYBE I will even end up liking it and laughing. It could be a solid 2 to 3 star movie even, but I'm just saying that the animation I have seen was horrible.

"Gurney," LOL, you have proved time and again you know nothing about movies compared to me anyway, so I really don't need to sit here and debate with you the merits of a kiddie flick that made a pitiful $5 million. If you were to admit publicly that you like The Powerpuff Girls movie, you would be ruined for life. Just keep that in mind before you defend it, lol.

There are movies I love that I would not admit to loving unless absolutely pressed about it; this is one of those cases where you just pretend you don't really like a show that is made for little girls. LOL.

"I pity anyone who's so wrapped up in themselves that they can't have a little fun every now and then."

Wrapped up in myself?! WTF is that supposed to mean? I don't see how that has any bearing on what we are talking about here, which is a little girlie movie. I have fun lots of the time, especially at theaters, seeing movies from The Scorpion King (which many people hated, hehe) to Spider-Man, Star Wars to The Bourne Identity, Insomnia to Minority Report, you name it. I have seen a lot of great movies this summer and a having "a little fun" is not that difficult. In fact, I've had a "little fun" with alcohol plenty of times this summer, haha. Loosen up, dude, jesus christ by the way you defend PPG I'd think we were talking about your mom or something. Maybe a relative of yours created this show? If so, sorry, didn't mean to offend him/her, lol.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:50:11 AM
Anyone who would seriously defend The POWERPUFF Girls needs to look down and make sure the equipment is still functioning.

:) Someone is insecure about their own maturity and masculinity :lol

If you were to admit publicly that you like The Powerpuff Girls movie, you would be ruined for life.

Oh god forbid that someone steps out of the line of what is "cool and not cool", the world might end! Screw originality and not following the crowd, let's all be sheep and falsify opinions! :) [/Sarcasm]

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:04:48 AM
Nothing like having an opinion formed before actually seeing the movie....

Doc Milo
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:22:47 PM
Nothing like having an opinion formed before actually seeing the movie....

Jon is a movie critic. What do you expect? :)

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:32:21 PM
I don't know Doc. I must have had a temporary case of insanity. :x

JonathanLB
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:42:31 PM
Actually, no. Because I am a movie critic, I must remain more impartial about a film before seeing it than most people would, and I try to remain optimistic. If you read my last post, I said quite clearly that this movie could still be good. I have not seen it, so I wouldn't know. I may end up really enjoying it, just as I thought Lilo and Stitch would suck but it was actually good!

Anyway, what are those idiotic comments doing here? "Oh gee I'm so cool, I can make fun of 'Jon' (my name is Jonathan ya freakin' idiots) for being a movie critic and not liking the TRAILER for the Powerpuff Girls."

Grow up.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:45:14 PM
PPG looks much better than any of the Rugrats movies. Rugrats and Hey Arnold are two cartoon movies I will not see because the way they are drawn does not appeal to me.

Of course, this doesn't mean they aren't good, or that they don't appeal to people. Personally, I think the animators for Rugrats are all drunk when they're drawing. ;) But that's my humble opinion.

I haven't seen the PPG cartoon on Cartoon Network, but I'd like to see the movie. Mebbe I'll drag someone to go see it with me.

Anyone want to fly over and see it with me? I'll hold your hand in the movie! j/k :D

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:14:21 PM
With comments like "AotC is already the best movie of the year, regardless of what comes out", it hardly shows that you're an impartial movie critic. You've already handed out all of your "awards" to AotC and you know it before giving any movie half a chance.

And you may be right, AotC may indeed be the best movie of the year, and the #1 pick from most people here, but no other critic will say it's already the best picture winner. Contender, nominee, sure, but certainly not the winner, not mid way through July.

Shawn
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:39:57 PM
Anyone want to fly over and see it with me? I'll hold your hand in the movie! j/kMockery! I'm being mocked! :p ;)

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:58:40 PM
Dexter's Lab is great at times :)

Leeloo Mina
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:01:35 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville

Anyone want to fly over and see it with me? I'll hold your hand in the movie! j/k :D

I flew to miami and seen PPG.. if I fly there, will you hold my hand? ;)

=P j/k

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:03:10 PM
If I was to fly from here, I'd want dinner as well :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:24:45 PM
Dinner? I can pay for dinner.

And Shawn, I wasn't trying to mock you! But now I see it as a pleasant side affect. ;) j/k :) You have very nice hands. :D

Leeloo Mina
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:29:00 PM
Yeah he does, doesn't he? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:31:32 PM
:lol

Shawn
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:49:22 PM
o_O :D

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:02:07 PM
Nice hands. What a compliment :)

Shawn
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:04:48 PM
I'm the man with the magic fingers. :D

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:08:58 PM
Yeah, but who cares if the rest of the body isnt up to scratch? I mean, LOOK at your Avatar! Green, wrinkly and hair so stiff you could snap it? Peh :)

I have freaky fingers :)

JonathanLB
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:12:55 PM
Look, I can tell you that no movie is ever going to be as good as any of the Star Wars movies and that doesn't mean I'm not giving the other films a chance. A chance at WHAT?! I still gave The Matrix 100/100, competition for Star Wars or not, I felt that it really rocked. It was deserving of my highest praise. Nonetheless, the best movie of this year was already decided way before the year even begun. Once they announced AOTC for 2002, it was already the best movie of the year.

Given that Lucas was writing and directing, Williams doing the music, ILM doing the effects, I already knew it would be the best movie ever, along with the other four films. Lucas has one last chance to prove that he can screw up with Star Wars, but he's 5/5 so far and I don't think that is likely to happen. I acknowledge that ANYTHING is possible -- AOTC could have been a sub-par SW film and maybe only a 3 star movie, at worst (just as TTT has NO chance at being less than a 3.5 star movie -- it's guaranteed that rating just by story and subject matter; poor execution of the great story would give it 3.5 stars instead of the 4 I know it'll probably get). But given that Lucas was 4/4 before he made AOTC, and TPM was my favorite movie of all time, why would I have any reason whatsoever to be doubtful of his next film?

Sometimes you just know how you are going to feel about something long before you even do it. I can tell you right now that The Two Towers is a better movie than Swimfan (some September release), but have I seen either one? Nope, sure haven't. TTT is the sequel to the best movie of last year. Swimfan is a stupid fall release that at best could earn 3 stars, maybe, but is destined for about 2 stars, give or take a half.

In my opinion, if you cannot predict most of the time what rating you're going to give a movie before you see it, you're not a very good analyst. You should be able to tell just about how good a movie will be long before you see it. Judging from the director, the trailer, the promotional materials, and what you know about the story and the actors in it, you should be able to form a good idea of the quality of the movie. I can come within 1/2 star almost every time. I don't go into Minority Report wondering, "Gee will this be any good?" I go in wondering, "Will this be a high or a low four stars?" I mean, it was pretty obvious it was going to get four stars. I saw the reviews, which were excellent, and I loved Spielberg's last sci-fi film, he is the greatest director of all time, and it has Tom Cruise and not only that, because all that is enough to guarantee any movie 4 stars pretty much, but it is also based on the work of one of my favorite storytellers, Philip K. Dick (Total Recall, Blade Runner).

There are movies that I have no idea about, and those are the independent films I see that are not very well marketed and I have NO idea what to expect whatsoever. With major releases, though, you should know where the movie is going to fall before you see it. Sometimes, you are wrong. Like with Lilo and Stitch. I thought it looked like about a 2 star movie at best, and I gave it 3. I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Usually, though, 1/2 star accuracy is extremely easy. That means if you think it's going to be a 3 star movie and it is a 2.5 to 3.5 star movie, you were pretty close in your estimate. It's hard to be off by more than 1/2 star.

Anyway, what movie is the best of the year is only a matter of opinion. Everyone here knows that. Road to Perdition may be the best movie of the year for some people, but AOTC is the best movie of the year to me. I definitely do not need to see the rest of the movies to say that. Simply put, no film will ever compare to the Star Wars movies. Even if someday there was another George Lucas who made a saga of equal quality (you cannot beat perfection, so equal is as good as you can do), I would still like Star Wars more by the simple fact that I've been a SW fan for a long time and I'm loyal to that saga. That is very unlikely, though. Nothing like Star Wars will ever come around again. Enjoy Lord of the Rings, because that's about as good as you're going to see besides SW pretty much, hehe.

Do I care what other critics do when they review their movies? No. I'm better than most of the other critics anyway. I write better, I am a lot fairer, and people appreciate my reviews more than they do the true professional critics. I polled people on my site even and found the same results. People don't like critics. I don't like critics either. I may have a bias here or there like not enjoying really sappy chick flicks, but then again, most critics have LARGE, sweeping biases, like not liking any major blockbuster for instance. People find that my reviews are a lot more accurate and truthful than those of the major critics, who are just too cynical to take seriously. Whether or not they think AOTC is the best movie of the year already is not my concern. Why would I care? AOTC IS the best movie of the year, whether they think so or not.

imported_QuiGonJ
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:30:57 PM
uh, Jon.. UPA style started in 1946, that's about 55 years ago, and as such, ain't really new.

And I think maybe I should explain better. All I'm sayin is, you like South Park despite it's crudely drawn appearance. I like PPG (or at least the tv shows of it I've seen and its premise) despite it's crudely drawn appearance.

Wanna tell me it doesn't look like much? You'll hear no argument from me. But I think it's funny and I like the characterizations such as they are.

That's all. :)

Jedieb
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:49:59 PM
Anyone who would seriously defend The POWERPUFF Girls needs to look down and make sure the equipment is still functioning.

Did a lonely teenage virgin just question the functional genital capabilities of men who've ACTUALLY seen and held naked women?
:lol

I like PPG (or at least the tv shows of it I've seen and its premise) despite it's crudely drawn appearance.
I like to think of its style as simplistic. There's a definite look that McCraken goes for. I enjoy it. It's just refreshing to see superheroes portrayed in a way we haven't seen before. Like I said before, I can't wait until my little girl is old enough to see and appreciate it. What other hero can she identify with, Wonder Woman and her magic red hooker boots?

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:52:20 PM
Did a lonely teenage virgin just question the functional genital capabilities of men who've ACTUALLY seen and held naked women?
That was uncalled for

Shawn
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:53:52 PM
So were the comment Jedieb quoted. A fair retort, I think.

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:55:04 PM
two wrongs dont make a right, especially when he then borderlines on getting at others.

Jedieb
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:59:55 PM
deleted by poster

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:01:06 PM
But he didnt insult me ;)

CMJ
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:03:39 PM
Jedieb....I don't know whether I'm relieved or disappointed you altered your post.

Jedieb
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:06:24 PM
It was nothing earth shattering CMJ. Just something I meant to send to Reap as a PM. Clumsy fingers!!!:x

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:08:50 PM
Yeah, that sumbit reply button is too close to the send PM one ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:11:14 PM
What other hero can she identify with, Wonder Woman and her magic red hooker boots? Boy , oh boy was that ever a GREAT show, well when she ran atleast :) :) :) :) :) :)

What did you say ???? what did I miss ?? I'm nosey !!!!

Jedieb
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:14:50 PM
buff, linda carter is still a hottie. Not quite in Bea's league, but I bet she can still pull a few tricks with that lariat.

I feel so dirty for typing that...:smokin

BUFFJEDI
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:20:50 PM
buff, linda carter is still a hotie. Not quite in Bea's league, but I bet she can still pull a few tricks with that lariat. :lol :lol

even as a little lad I had vision's of that magic lasso drooooollll............

I saw Linda Carter on tv not long ago and By jimminy crickets she still has it going on, Not Bea, but not bad.

Shawn
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:30:04 PM
Point taken, Fett. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:32:36 PM
Buff, they're old enough to be classed as family heirlooms!

Jedieb
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:37:49 PM
Anytime I can set a series of events in motion that will lead to buff's inevitable PASSIONATE defense of Bea Arthur I feel I've done a man's job.
GOODNIGHT CLEVELAND!:cool

Figrin D'an
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:29:44 PM
Leave it to Jedieb and Buff to make this thread really scary really quick... ;)

Back on topic... I may see the PPG movie, but I'll probably wait for video... right now, I'm looking forward to "Road to Perdition," then "Signs" in August. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:23:47 AM
Well if I can think Sean COnnery is hot (he IS hot, for an old guy!), then I guess Buff can adore Bea Arthur. :)

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:11:18 AM
Heck, *I* think Sean Connery is hot.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:03:15 AM
My wife thinks Connery is hot.

And can I ask a question? Who the frell is Bea Arthur?

imported_QuiGonJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:20:28 AM
An television and stage actress who recently turned 80, according to a profile I saw on a Sunday morning news show not too long ago.

She was the star of a CBS show in the 70's called "Maude", and in the 80's was on an NBC show called "The Golden Girls".

Of note for Star Wars fans, she had a featured part in the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special. In deference to the Ravishing Jedi, we placed a ppicture of her from the Holiday Special in the Cheap Cheep forum at CCnet when we did the remodel.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:24:24 PM
Bea is feisty for an older woman. No wonder Buff likes her. :)

..and I'm going to ignore my brother saying that he thinks Sean Connery is hot...I am IGNORING THAT!! >_< *runs away*

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:02:45 PM
I dont think Connery looks THAT old really.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:06:35 PM
How old is he now? Must be nearly what 80?

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:15:54 PM
70 IIRC

EDIT- 72

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:22:32 PM
:lol He should hook up with one of my grandmas. Then he could be my grandfather! How cool would that be!

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:34:35 PM
I wish I spoke like him :)

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:32:03 AM
Me too. ;)

JonathanLB
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:58:38 AM
"Did a lonely teenage virgin just question the functional genital capabilities of men who've ACTUALLY seen and held naked women?"

LOL, I'm not exactly lonely. I have PLENTY of friends, but whatever. That's not the point. Point is, it was sarcasm dude! I was just joking, jeez. Lighten up. I didn't mean for that to be taken seriously and I personally thought that was quite obvious. That's why I tried to make it funny, instead of just flat out saying, "If you like PPG, you have no balls," which would be more insulting than it would be funny. Sorry for any confusion, but I still don't think that comment was necessary on your part, though nonetheless kinda funny.

QuiGonJ, I do not really like South Park... I saw one funny episode, but it's a pretty stupid show. I have never watched it consistently. I had a lot of friends who liked it. I am not a fan. I suppose it can be pretty darn funny, but the animation is horrible, hehe.

I think I will try to see PPG tomorrow but nothing is for sure...

I saw Like Mike today. Much better than I expected! I would give it a solid 3 stars, even... I thought it would be pretty lousy, but actually it was a good kids movie.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 20th, 2002, 12:48:56 AM
I think you missed the point, John: you're a sheeple. You're way too tuned in to "social acceptable" and clearly insecure to make an impartial judgement on anything.

I'm still suspicious of the powerpuff girls, but you immediately found a bone to pick with it, which was a stylistic choice.

You laude Gundam as solid animation. Go and see Neon Genisis Evangalion (which you probably wouldn't like for reasons obvious to other posters). Gundam is terrible trash compared to some other anime. Anyway, they aren't even remotely in the same genre, for frelling fug! A more acceptable comparison might be the original Rocky& Bullwinkle, or perhaps, say, Animaniacs.

Mr Wednesdaydale
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:50:15 AM
LOL...Morg, warn me before you post stuff like this, so I can play "Ride of the Valkyries" before reading it.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:03:45 AM
A sheeple! I have to remeber that, that's a classic!