PDA

View Full Version : The Actual, Factual Location of Arcan IV, to whoever cares

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:00:22 PM
When I first found Arcan IV, I made a post with the info on my board. I just recently found it.

I know there was some discussion by Morgan and Sage and Marcus about the actual location of the planet.

Well. Here it is:

Thring Sector
Solay (#89): A desert planet in orbit of a nebula with ten suns. The planet has been under various states of revolt for at least fifty years. It's a very annoying planet. There are very few humans here.

Kelada (AJ#2 p.229): Major producer of walker parts and repulsor components. Lorana's Labyrinth, an oddly designed bar is here, too.

Arcan IV (#79) Industrial, overpopulated, and crime ridden. Just like new york 20 years from now. Very fun.

Obra Skai (HTTESB p.89-90): A massive libary, the sum of most knowledge in the universe can probably be found here.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:01:32 PM
Oh, I don't know what (#79) means though. Does anyone else?

ReaperFett
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:02:16 PM
Start spreading the news, Im leaving tonight, I want to be a part of it, Arcan Arcan

:)

Chance
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:05:29 PM
Escape from New York comes to mind...

but with more lines such as Escape from Arcan IV..

Anyway, Very interesting :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:13:42 PM
I just thought you might all like to know you're in the Thring sector. If I recall correctly (which I never do) that is right next to the Lambda sector. Where Vjun is.

Which is why I picked Arcan IV in the first place for that RP we did, because it was close by. :) Ahhh...good times. Sick Cycle Carousel...how long has it been since that was completed?!

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:26:42 PM
9 months.

Been a while since something that good was done... :: sigh ::

Liam Jinn
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:37:37 PM
*clutches the small part he had in that RP with pride* :)

Chase Starwalker
Jul 8th, 2002, 05:49:26 PM
good find LD...

Gia Van Derveld
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:25:53 PM
It would be nice if people could remember that Arcan IV is a very icky planet. I don't know off hand what the Jedi/NRSF have done to improve the planet (or have they done anything?)

But outside of the B&G should be icky planet, not forests and such. For RPs like that, you should earmark the location as Yavin IV.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:59:48 PM
Yup. The north and south are like Antartica, and the rest is kinda a big city... the NR is slowly introducing a foliage program. The governor's mansion was on one of the few green plots of land.

Gia Van Derveld
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:44:48 AM
...yeah it like a mini Coruscant, just not as big or even as clean. Arcan DOES have ground, unlike Coruscant, which is just buildings on buildings.

:)

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:57:38 PM
And a small mountain range :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:01:57 PM
And Whitetown :)