PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Fan on MTV

Kin-Char-Bamin
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:32:04 PM
Those of you who have cable or have friends that do, watch MTV Thursday, July 11th at 10pm (eastern). My son and I are going to be on MTV True Life. It's an episode titled "I have embarrassing parents".

Our part of the show is about my love for Star Wars and my son being embarrassed about it. It follows us at home and on our trip to Celebration II.

If you have a high speed connection, you can check out the commercial for it by going to my site (http://www.loosenuts.com/starwars) and follow the link.

Kin-Char Bamin

BUFFJEDI
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:51:26 AM
I hate MTV but I will for sure watch it on the 11th, that's so cool.

Kin-Char-Bamin
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:08:46 PM
Yeah to be honest, I have no love for MTV either. I liked them when they played videos of bands that I knew. But now days, you have to stay up till 3:00am to watch junk.

On the other hand, they are putting me on TV so, they're ok for now :)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:08:39 AM
I just watched it. I got a little misty. I think it was great you two seemed to bond at the convention. You SHOULD have used the force to make him come over to the light side though. Charlie looked pretty cool in the stormtrooper costume as you did in your jedi.Hope you guy's had a Blast, and tell charlie that not all Starwars fans are geeks, some of us are Buff :).

BTW Did the girls in the airport really come up to you or was it set up ??Cause if so I'll be at the airport tonight in mine ;)

Jen
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:16:11 AM
Wow, I wish I could have seen that.

;; pokes Kin's avatar ;;

:) neat

Kin-Char-Bamin
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:22:54 AM
Ya know, I'm so glad other people got emotional about it and are willing to share that with me. I was so scared that everyone was going to think I was just a puss for getting emotional about it.

I think Charlie becoming a Trooper was his way of saying "I'll meet you half way Dad". He had fun, he got to dress up but he still wasn't gonna go for the Jedi thing. Which is fine for me. All I really wanted was for him to understand. The fact that he not only understood but got into it himself was just incredible.

The girls at the airport were a total suprise. As a matter of fact, they ran up to me and asked for the picture and the MTV camera crew wasn't there. Charlie asked the girls, "Do you think you could do that again?" and waved the camera crew over. When the girls found out they were going to be on MTV they went nuts. But they were perfect, they did it again for the camera and had the same excitment they had the first time. It was fun. I had many people calling me Luke or Obi-Wan or saying "May The Force Be With You" and numerous teens coming up and telling me it was really cool that I dressed like that.

I'm telling ya, Chicks dig a guy's in uniforms and they really like the Jedi Garb!!!!

Charles

Jen
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:25:51 AM
:lol If I saw someone dressed up like a SW character I'd rush to them and start hounding them too :)

Hey, don't suppose you have any pics from the con and TV airing that you could show? :)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:38:51 AM
Ya know, I'm so glad other people got emotional about it and are willing to share that with me. I was so scared that everyone was going to think I was just a puss for getting emotional about it. No way would/should anyone think your a puss, to me it showed you r love for Starwars and more importantly the love for you Son. If I could have had my FATHER go to a starwars convention and have an experince like that.........wow. Like I said I think it was great. remember REAL men are not afraid to show there emotion's and I'm a real man(or at least that's what the ladies tell me ;)

Kin-Char-Bamin
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:53:23 AM
Jenny;

You can bet your pointed ears that I'll be posting shots on my site. Probably going to start working on that today or tomorrow (I really need to do some work on customers sites today) but I will definetly get some up there.

Charles

Jen
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:57:09 AM
:) Cool, let me know when you get them up

Jen
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:00:53 AM
BTW, just had a look at your webpage. Nice job on the functioning lightsaber :eek

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 13th, 2002, 05:39:25 PM
NNow that's a cool avatar :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:25:23 AM
I never come in this forum, and now I'm sad I don't! I missed the news about you on MTV, and so didn't get to watch it. :cry

But, thats awesome. And I love your site. :D