PDA

View Full Version : Most Attractive Actresses?

FLMKR4EB
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:22:53 PM
Man, I love listing things. Maybe I should call myself Top 5 Films or soemthing.

Vivian Leigh-Gone With the Wind

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:27:33 PM
Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina. She is so beautiful in that, it's almost a crime.

JonathanLB
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:30:26 PM
I do not like the actresses of the past. For some reason they just never look as good, mostly because of the lousy picture quality I guess, somewhat because of the far too conservative attire, lol.

The hottest girl alive right now in Hollywood is Sarah Michelle Gellar, then my vote goes to Jennifer Love Hewitt even though she hasn't done anything in a while, she's still 2nd. Then there are so many others that I could not rank them. Jessica Alba, Penelope Cruz, Eliza Dushku, Kirsten Dunst, Natalie Portman, hundreds and hundreds more.

Super Wookiee
Jul 7th, 2002, 08:48:54 AM
Natalie Portman MEOW!!

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2002, 01:28:24 PM
I can't really pick somebody from the past, but that is just me, right now its between Natalie Portman and Leelee Sobieski, they are the most attractive actresses today IMO.

JonathanLB
Jul 7th, 2002, 01:33:15 PM
I agree that I cannot pick anyone from the past either. I do not find too many past actresses attractive. Some of them are, but not compared to today's actresses who show A LOT more skin, haha.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2002, 01:43:39 PM
I don't think its that for me, if I lived back then I could probably pick one probably Hepburn who was attractive there are others its just difficult for me to really judge them because so many standards have changed, of course this is just my opinion on the matter.

FLMKR4EB
Jul 7th, 2002, 02:40:10 PM
Man, go watch Gone With The Wind, Vivian was soooo hot. Angelic face, and she doesn't have to show skin to exude beauty. Her performance and attitude shine so well.

JonathanLB
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:06:08 PM
I've seen GWTW twice, I still don't think she's hot. Good looking, maybe.

Super Wookiee
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:13:34 PM
but Vivian played a total bitch.......lol

JMK
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:20:04 PM
For me, Natalie Portman & Rachael Leigh Cook are tops.

As for old time actresses, have any of you seen Ava Gardner? She was hot. So was Veronica Lake. Ursula Andress in Dr. No. The list could go on, but it would take a while...

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 7th, 2002, 04:40:39 PM
Liv Tyler aint a bad eyeful, even if she cant act. But she can speak Elvish to me anyday

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:11:05 PM
This is really tough but one that springs to mind right away is Nicole Kidman. Other really great looking acrtesses are Kirsten Dunst, Julia Stiles, Halle Berry, Lucy Liu and Zhang Ziyi.

ReaperFett
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:14:46 PM
Portman, Jessica Alba, Rebecca Romijn Stamos, Denise Richards (Just for LD:)).

Dunst looks nice with red hair, but never found ehr that nice otherwise.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:17:24 PM
I don't think there's anything special about Portman's looks when she isn't wearing make-up, although when she is she's stunning.

Thora Birch is also stunning.

EDIT: Add Neve Campbell and Elizabeth Hurley to that list now - I'm on a roll! :)

ReaperFett
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:22:11 PM
THora Birch looks wierd, IMO

JonathanLB
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:14:10 PM
"Halle Berry, Lucy Liu and Zhang Ziyi."

Uggg... don't like any of them. I wouldn't even go so far as calling any of them good looking. Decent, average, ok all spring to mind, but not good looking. Hot is about as far away as I am from France.

Thora Birch is horrible. She's really weird looking. I guess someone has to like her, but dang, ugg... sick!

Natalie Portman is AWESOME without makeup! It's just blasphemous to say otherwise. She is probably the most beautiful girl in the world naturally. Although I prefer SMG because she strikes me as more naughty and has more spunk and just in general is so hot it's incredible, beauty is a different thing than hotness. I think Natalie Portman is one of the world's most beautiful girls. Hot is more like, "Oh man I wanna do her bad," haha, and beautiful is more like, "She should be put on display and guarded from the grasp of mortal humans," haha.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:47:24 PM
Well are we talking what they look like on TV/ movies?? or what they really look like ??

I mean I really hope you guy's know that

a. most on you list's are nappy even made up
b. with out being made up / and the best touch up's magazine's can do , you would Strike 99% of your list's.

I know should know.

I'm a fairly good looking guy :D and when I did my first ad for I got a copy. I looked and looked for myself. i couldn't find me. The my page should have been marked and i should have gotten a tear sheet but didn't. Anyway I called my agent at the time and asked WHERE WAS IIIIIIIIIII did I not make the cut. she told me what page . I looked and I can tel you I looked HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!. It was so touched up I Truely didn't notice my self, and this was just a clothe's magazine so you know what they do for things like Playboy and your famous people. :(

but If I HAD to pick I would say

BEA ARTHUR :)

and Natalie portman Mostly because she is in TPM/AOTC and I keep the hope alive that she really is a baby doll :)

Maybe Halle Berry , But I have a feeling that she is not all they make her out to be , But I hope I'm wrong ;)

other than that , I see alot better looking woman/ladies on the street in the clubs .the only thing is they are Not famous:\

ReaperFett
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:20:41 PM
Oh, Eliza Dushku and Jennifer Connelly(most of the time)

JonathanLB
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:32:59 PM
That is really not always true. Some actresses have to be made up to a spectacular degree just to look good, but most of them look awesome no matter what.

I've seen MANY candid photos of Sarah Michelle Gellar, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Love Hewitt (I ran a site for a long while, remember), and many other actresses and I can tell you they look just as good in person. But mostly, I agree that girls you see in day-to-day life are often just as good looking, they just are not famous, that's all.

That's why I still say that Stephanie Reaume, who graduated high school this year, is the hottest girl I have ever seen anywhere. She was a goddess.

Oriadin
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:16:25 AM
Kate Winslet or Sandra Bullock anyday

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:17:11 AM
I really find girls like Portman and Michelle-Gellar average and the same old thing to be honest. The way they look is even cliché. I thinbk the most beautiful women are one's that have something different and defining about them rather than ones that fit a mold.

Ah that's another one. Kate Winslet. :)

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:36:22 AM
Might I add a female perspective?

Super thin and unrealistic pin ups should be taken out the back and force fed. It's insulting to think surgery enhanced wonder women could ever be beautiful and I would add that the ones that have to be made up to look incredible fall in that category. Also, make a distinction between sex and beauty. Most actresses simply rely on cleavage or raw skin, not something else, for that is what attractiveness must also cover - not just looks, but something else inside.

For my opinion, Carrie-Ann Moss is whom I think is the most beautiful or attractive. She has the attitude and also the one I truly wish I had the body like. I would love to be able to wear that leather suit and she has the poise to carry herself in such a way that it is not just what she looks like in that clothing.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:26:27 AM
Super thin and unrealistic pin ups should be taken out the back and force fed. It's insulting to think surgery enhanced wonder women could ever be beautiful and I would add that the ones that have to be made up to look incredible fall in that category. Also, make a distinction between sex and beauty. Most actresses simply rely on cleavage or raw skin, not something else, for that is what attractiveness must also cover - not just looks, but something else inside. Bravo , bravo!!! But the sad fact is , If you say that to the Average person they will say your just jealous :( but you are 100% correct .

BUFFJEDI
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:27:47 AM
BTW. I don't think Kate winslet is super hot or anything BUT I'd sure like to spend a little QT with her ;)

Oriadin
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:58:18 PM
Im in complete agreement with Loki and Helenias. People have said how certain people look gorgeous. Like models and the usual big breasted blonde haired women. To me they are the norm if you like. They are typical hollywood type people. They look so perfect is fake and its been done before. I prefer the women who have something different or something about them that stands out. Kate Winslet is my definate pin up. I think shes extreamly good looking and from everything you hear about her shes down to earth and tries to promote slightly larger women. She is an excellent role model.

Shawn
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:37:53 PM
Kate Beckinsale looked SO very pretty on the cover of Serendipity:

http://i.imdb.com/Icons/poster_under_licence.gif

JonathanLB
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:07:57 PM
Natalie Portman and SMG are anything but normal! They are two of the hottest girls in the world. SMG is frickin' amazing.

Then again, by your other actresses you listed, I don't think I can take your opinion seriously. Thora Birch? Lucy Liu? EWW!!! She is disgusting. I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot poll. I mean, if it is WEIRD looking chicks you dig, that's cool and all, someone has to like them, but I like normal, American hotties. Of course, latino chicks rock...

Kate Beckinsale is absolutely amazingly hot. She is great in Serendipity, not just because she is stunningly cute, beautiful, and hot, but because she is quite a good actress too.

Kate Winslett?! What am I on, a Titanic forum? Can you say PIG?! She is gross. She weighs far more than I do, I am sure. She should just SAY NO to her next meal. It's disgusting. I don't like girls that fat. I like full bodied ones like Britney Spears, but no fatties for me, thanks. Plus her face is just weird looking. I call her miss piggy.

Carrie-Anne Moss CAN be good looking, like when she has long hair and she was on some TV show, whatever that was, she was pretty hot there, but overall she is not that good. The really dark hair doesn't work for me. I like all hair colors if the girl is hot, but she's too evil looking for me. Perfect for The Matrix, but she's not hot. A solid 8 out of 10, to be sure, and I'd sure take a girlfriend that looked that good, but compared to most of Hollywood she's even below average.

Liv Tyler, don't think I commented on that. She is super hot, hehe, I love her. She is so great looking in FOTR, dang.

As for "super skinny pinups," that depends on who you are talking about. The only person that comes to mind who is too skinny is Calista Flockhart and she's not hot anyway, never was, never will be.

Most of the pinups I can think of are like Josie Maran, Laetitia Casta, Yamilla Diaz (whatever other name she has, hehe), Cindy Crawford five years ago, hehe, Nikki Taylor is still hot, even with her accident a while back (ouch, ugg, how horrible), but Pamela Anderson is disgusting. She scares me. I would not be surprised if she really was an alien. The SUPER fake look just doesn't work for me. Actually she looked pretty good before, I've seen her look good in some pictures, but no thanks, eww. There is such a thing as too fake; she is it. Jenny McCarthy ROCKS, I love her, hehe.

Brooke Burke is daaaang smokin' hot.

Anyway, my two favorite girls, SMG and JLH, both made FHM's top 10, so I know that most people feel the way I do, hehe. If I ever had a girlfriend even close to as good as SMG, I would pinch myself and then slap myself repeatedly just to make sure I was not dead and in heaven or dreaming. Actually, I've had that dream before, and then I always wake up! DOH! :)

Jinn Fizz
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:12:07 PM
Originally posted by Helenias Q'Dunn
Super thin and unrealistic pin ups should be taken out the back and force fed. It's insulting to think surgery enhanced wonder women could ever be beautiful and I would add that the ones that have to be made up to look incredible fall in that category. Also, make a distinction between sex and beauty. Most actresses simply rely on cleavage or raw skin, not something else, for that is what attractiveness must also cover - not just looks, but something else inside.

Bravo, Helenias!!!! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

I am not at all a "feminist," but if there is one thing in this world that I am militant about, it's the distorted view of beauty that is forced upon us by the media. Pshaw to all that, I say. :headbash

If Marilyn Monroe was trying to get into show business nowadays, she'd be laughed out of every casting agency in town because she'd be considered "too fat." And how sad that Kate Winslet was tagged with nicknames like "fat cow," when as far as I was concerned, she looked perfectly normal. Or how about the stories about Alicia Silverstone being ridiculed over how she looked in her Batgirl costume? I certainly didn't see any problem.

And even though I think the pressure is more immediately seen upon women, the pressure is also there on men, so this misperception and overemphasis on "beauty" affects us all.

Every person is capable of being beautiful, no matter what their appearance might be. It's that simple.

As for the question at hand, amen to Vivien Leigh in Gone With The Wind. That's my favortie movie of all time :).

Oriadin
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:42:06 AM
JonathanLB, its people like you that drive women into eating disorders and skinny looking women. Kate Winslet is certainly not fat! I wouldnt say she was really thin, I would say she is about a normal weight. Out of interest, if you were to guess how much she weighs what would you say? Id be interested to know what weight you would regard worthy of calling a woman a pig

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:59:38 AM
Kate Winslett a pig???? WTF???

She looks like a real woman to me. Not some overdone and stick insect bimbo, she's not ugly at all. The fact is these Hollywood types, get the make up off and stop the 5 hours in the gym and hte special diets and other crap, they are actually quite blech. Very few of them are naturally beautiful.

Nicole Kidman is one who is definantly not of the made up type. She is beautiful and sexy and also has some talent, which is more than I can say about the average bimbo.

Now why aint there more normal women in Hollywood? Cause it's a marketing perception, they have an image to sell. Well I aint buying. That is why Audrey Hepburn to me will be the better of 99.9% of actresses, becuase she has true beauty and talent.

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:09:33 AM
Kate Winslet can't weigh anymore than 135-140 lbs, maximum, which is infact a normal weight for a woman of her height and age. She probably weighs more like 127-135, which is perfectly acceptable, and not fat by any stretch. Besides, the camera always adds 10 lbs. :)

It's these underweight 90-110 lb girls that make the normal ones look fat. As hot as I find these skinny girls, (as eye candy only)they don't take anything away from women like Kate Winslet. Anyone who thinks an average weight woman is fat has a serious misconception problem and I would call their common sense abilities into question.

Yads
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:38:09 AM
::trying to steer the thread away from Kate Winslett's weight::

If I had to pick two actresses and the movies that make em look their best:

Grace Kelly in Rear Window and Claire Danes in Romeo and Juliet.

Both stunning... in completely different ways.

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:03:06 PM
Kate Winslet WAS overweight. WAS.

I tell you what I do hate though. When people say things like

I am not at all a "feminist," but if there is one thing in this world that I am militant about, it's the distorted view of beauty that is forced upon us by the media. Pshaw to all that, I say.
Because basically, you're ridiculing other peoples opinions. THis may shock you, but people find beauty in many places. Dont EVER act as if my opinions are altered by anyone else.

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:56:36 PM
Yeah, she was, but not Rosie O'Donnel overweight. She isn't anymore though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:36:19 PM
If 140 lbs is overweight, then I guess I'll go kill myself now and get it over with. Well, not really. :)

And NOT ONLY THAT, but Carrie Ann Moss is ugly. Wow! Jon bats 1000!! :lol *smacks him*

Halle Berry is probably one of the most beautiful actresses today, IMO.

And Fett... :headbash for that Richards nomination!! :mad :lol

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:39:13 PM
I agree with John, CAM looks great sometimes, awful others.

And thanks LD, the beating proves that there was a reason to do it :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:46:59 PM
:lol but Mark keeps saying I look like her! GREAT! :cry

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:51:56 PM
"You are a beautiful woman Trinity..."

And you do look like her! And that is good, cause Carrie-Ann Moss is scrummy and yummy.

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:55:21 PM
You dont look like her when shes having an ugly day :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:34:22 PM
o_O I think I'll take that compliment and leave the thread before my self-esteem can be lowered anymore. ;)

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:41:38 PM
Then again, by your other actresses you listed, I don't think I can take your opinion seriously. Thora Birch? Lucy Liu? EWW!!! She is disgusting. I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot poll. I mean, if it is WEIRD looking chicks you dig, that's cool and all, someone has to like them, but I like normal, American hotties.

I like the the combination of "normal" and "American" in your post - how non-racist of you.

I find it hard not to take offense to what you said; I like the women I like and you like the women you like but when you start insulting my opinion is when you start pissing me off.

Different does not constitute "wierd." That's all I have to say on that matter before I say too much.

And Fett, it's a psychological fact that the media holds great influence on majority opinion in modern cultures such as ours; it's not impossible for you to go unaffected by the media and to think so would be ignorant of majority influence conformitism which is an ever growing factor in our celebrity-centred, exploitation of pop culture in a media-driven, capitalist western world. :)

FLMKR4EB
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:56:54 PM
::Stands and applauds::

Gabran Darkysa
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:58:15 PM
This may shock all ya but I haven't given much thought about the beauty of actresses. Where I work, alot of very fine gals pass through. Too busy eyeballin them. ;)

And hey, Carrie-Ann Moss is very fine and she is completely natural. The older gal has got it. Not a damm product of surgery and silicon. Liv Tyler, daughter of Aerosmith headman Steven Tyler, is supa fine. I don't really pay attention to any of those actresses on the teeny bopper television programs but know who Sarah Michelle Geller is.

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:05:38 PM
I think I'll take that compliment and leave the thread before my self-esteem can be lowered anymore
Looking like CAM on a good day is a compliment :)

And Fett, it's a psychological fact that the media holds great influence on majority opinion in modern cultures such as ours; it's not impossible for you to go unaffected by the media and to think so would be ignorant of majority influence conformitism which is an ever growing factor in our celebrity-centred, exploitation of pop culture in a media-driven, capitalist western world.
Sorry, are you supporting or attacking me? :)

If its support- Yeah! I agree!

If it's not- As you yourself said, "I like the women I like and you like the women you like but when you start insulting my opinion is when you start pissing me off". To spout guff like that is basically not only insulting my opinion, but also my intellegence.

CHOOSE! :)

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:13:22 PM
I choose number two and I challenge it:

You knew I was going to. :)

I did not insult your opinion - if you think I did your opinion is easily insulted as is your intelligence.

But not with just cause, because unless you are willing to accept that there is a possibility that the media might influence your opinion occasionally/infrequently/rarely then I don't need to insult your intelligence - you'd be doing it yourself.

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:16:15 PM
Actually, it was more towards those who originally said it not you, my argumentative little friend :)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:27:57 PM
All of your opinions SUCK!!! mine is the only one that is valid. You know nothing, I know ALL. Kneel to my mighty power!!!OH Oppss wrong forum:o

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:29:36 PM
I AM NOT ARGUMENTATIVE!!! :verymad

ReaperFett
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:34:07 PM
He argues :)

FLMKR4EB
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:36:38 PM
I originally satarted this forum, not as an argument starter, but Ijust need an outlet for expressing my fondness for Vivian Leigh as an actress. Her beauty wasn't just in her features, her looks,, although she was stunning. No she bled beauty cause she felt she ws beautiful.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:40:46 PM
Vivian leigh would be HOT( IMHO)today . hubba, hubba .though she could stand bigger ta ta's ;)

Jinn Fizz
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:50:49 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Because basically, you're ridiculing other peoples opinions. THis may shock you, but people find beauty in many places. Dont EVER act as if my opinions are altered by anyone else.

Geez, what kind of sore spot did I touch in you, Fett? Why the anger? I wasn't ridiculing anyone, especially anyone in particular in this thread. I was simply agreeing with Helenias's statement, and commenting that I believe the media plays too big a role in determining for society at large what "beauty" is. It doesn't affect everyone--if you're one it doesn't affect, then that's great, I wish more people were like that--but it does affect a lot of people.

I'm certainly not shocked that people find beauty in many places. That was basically what I said in my original post...everyone is capable of being beautiful, not matter what their outward appearance might be.

I wasn't ridiculing anyone, and I really don't think I deserved to be yelled at like this.

Rmiao
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:41:16 PM
hmm... well Catherine Zeta Jones is definitely up there for me... too many to name.