PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:31:31 AM
Anyone play it?

I just bought it and am finding it very daunting :x any tips? :)

Shawn
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:33:55 AM
You *need* to hire NPCs. When I first started playing, I was like "Pfft... I don't need anyone else's help." I thought they were like the Mercenaries in Diablo 2: Only weak characters would need someone else to do their killing for them. Boy, was I wrong. Basically, the game assumes that you're using a Hireling at all times. So if you're not... it's going to be pretty tough.

What class are you playing as?

Sanis Prent
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:38:11 AM
1. Lay on your back.
2. Pucker your lips.
3. Raise your ankles up to your ears.
4. Tilt your head forward.
5. ...and kiss your ass goodbye.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:40:45 AM
I'm playing as a Ranger Elf person, purely because I liked the sound of it :D

Shawn
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:44:02 AM
By default, Rangers have both "Ambidextrous" and "Two Handed Fighting". Try equiping a second sword (or your weapon of choice) for extra damage. Also, I believe Rangers can summon animal familiars... do so. Hire either a Brute-ish character (if you're having trouble taking down unique characters) or a Rogue (if you find yourself walking into traps often).

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:45:34 AM
Well I just started playing, and only played for a little while to test out what it could do - so I'm still in that Academy thing at the minute. I think I sold my little daggers and ended up with a long sword and shield.

Lucifer
Jul 6th, 2002, 01:06:36 PM
Okay...never fear..Neverwiner Nights Expert is here...Sieken Kasstra :)...ill show you in a Multiplayer fully when you get time boo...ill get my mates to help out to...

Okay, the acadamy is basicly to get you used to reading, playing and controling your chracter and also to leverling up and getting you slammed into the storyline, you start off in a small cell at Level one "Ranger (1)" which is the skill you took, which i hope next you talked to both, Bim and Parvil outside your cell...both wearing blue armour,the one closest to the door will tell you all about controling your character if you skiped this jenny please go back.

Read it all through do what he asked you and stand there for 5 to 10 mins reading through your chracter sheet "Press C" and sorting your inventory "Press I".

If your a ranger/Elf you can fight with two swords at the same time, NEVER EVER fight with two long swords at the same time as this will give you a negative attack bonus..IE yourll hit sqaut. What you need to do if your useing two swords is have a lighter weapon in your offhand, IE your left hand as standard, instead of useing a shield use a SHORT SWORD-OFFHAND and a LONGSWORD-PRIMARY, and keep your sheild in your inventory for rearly tough battles to defend better, BUT your will HIT better if you use two swords see where im going?..if not ill jump into a game with you and help.

Your chracter sheet "Press C" shows you at the moment "Ranger" the skill your started as and then a number beside which is the level you are in that certain skill you can increase this number at level up times, at this point in time im a Ranger (6) and a Rouge (4). Under this you will see two sets of numbers, for exsample "3000 and 5000..the first number shows how many points you currently have from fighting montors and completing quests...the 2nd number is the number you need to get to before you can level up next you get me?. For instance on your char cheet which you need to check very oftern it will flash "Level UP" in quiet big writing

Under this is a section where you see a series of numbers.

For Exsample Jenny if your useing a sheild it should be and i take it you have no magical weapons yet.

Offhand Weapon: Sheild
Attack Bonus: 0

Now the higher the attack bonus the better it depends on what weapons you have...bigger is not always better if your a ranger..Dwarfs and Fighters use the bigger weapons, us Rangers use swords and bows, perhaps if you were useing two swords a short sword and a long sword, you would have a +4 in both which is very good, Rangers use Shields very rarely and its weighting you down, i surgest you buy a dagger and a longsword and fight with that for the minute DONT buy anything else as you already have 3 sets of armour in your pack.

Put the dagger in your offhand and your longsord in your primary weapon and it should be fine to fight with. What i want you to do is this; you see the empty slots at the bottom of the screen...F1,F2 ETC... Click and drag from your inventory your LONG SWORD down and place it into the F2 slot if free, the drag your DAGGER and place it in the SAME slot, so you have a longsword and primary and the dagger in te offhand. Whenever you which to fight with those two weapons..simply press the F2 key..you get me?. The Click and drag your longsword AGAIN from your inventory and place it in the F3 slot, THEN drag your sheild down there and place it on top of the longsword in the F3 slot then when you want to use a sword and shiled...simply press the F3 slot....you follow? and then do the same t your potions, Bow, cross boy and other stuff as soon as you aqquire them.

Post when you have done that and recognize your Char Sheet.

Anduri1
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:15:43 PM
lo all!

NWN sounds really good

cant get it yet (no money :( ) However, I know how game works i played DND and have all 3 new edition rulebks. They are the basic rules for game. Desq, I was a half elf ranger in dnd. What you do is you get really good at your ambidexterity. It will be really useful in the game.

Hunk
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:46:59 AM
I'm having a great time with this game. Right now, I'm playing as a little gnome fighter/rouge. I'm addicted. I need help!

Kelt Simoson
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:52:12 PM
Whats wrong?

AmazonBabe
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:06:49 PM
Just do what I do... FIND CHEAT CODES!!!! :lol (if they even exist for that particular game o_O)

Severen Morkonis
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:01:50 PM
Nah, you hardly every get cheats in RPG roleplay sort of games.

Sene Unty
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:15:15 PM
I concur with AB.......cheat till you bleed.

Jedi Neo
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:53:47 AM
Try getting addicted to Anarchy Online...

It could be worse though, you could be addicted to Warcraft 3.

Wait I am addicted to it... >_<

I need a twelve step Program HELP!!!

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:19:14 AM
Argh! :x Few Im not addicted to rpgs and online games nemore, use to always play sc D2 EE and tons of other games like that ewww just the thought of me playing those ebil games sickens me :x

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:20:44 AM
I'm an Elvish Sorceress(3)/Ranger(4). I think maybe multiclassing was a bad idea :x

Lucifer
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:24:45 AM
Im a Elven, Ranger (7) Rouge (5)

AND i found the best bow out in the game..the "Elven Court Bow"

X 3 Damage
X 3 Mighty :)..mauahaha

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:08:00 AM
I just levelled up my Sorceress skillz :D

Hunk
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:23:02 AM
I'm a Gnome fighter(4)/rouge(3). I like it, gives me sneak attack, the ability to pick locks and disarm traps, and enough fighting prowess to hold my own.

Saakaarruu Marrjeesso
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:40:23 PM
I used to be addicted to Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction on multiplayer. Awesome game, especially when you duel and own. When you find godly items, that is a plus. :)

I don't know much about NWN, sounds interesting though. I should be getting WC3, all my friends are hounding me to get it. Game looks and sounds awesome.

Jared Mriad
Jul 12th, 2002, 04:46:37 PM
Warcraft 3 is GOD compaired to the others, gameplay and interface are a mix between Starcraft and Warcraft.. maybe a bit of Age of Empires mingled within the game itself.

I soooo want to get it ^___^

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:12:29 PM
@.@ argh WC3 I heard it wasn't good all ym friends have it and they all say it's boring to death but that the graphics own.

Nupraptor
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:40:14 PM
Given that I haven't seen anything less than a 90% in it's reviews, and that myself and everyone I know loved it, I can safely say that your friends are on crack. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 13th, 2002, 05:34:05 AM
I would buy WC3 but I just blew my paycheck for the month on NWN

BTW Nup, what is your avatar from? o_O I've been sitting staring at it for ages trying to work it out

Sean Piett
Jul 15th, 2002, 06:54:01 PM
That avatar is Arthas from warcraft three, unless I'm mistaken.

And I play from 5-8 hours of warcraft a day weekdays.

More on weekends =p

Jedi Neo
Jul 17th, 2002, 01:31:08 AM
Don't make me get my Level 42 Soldier on ya...

I guess it could be worse, I could sit on the computer all day and not have a social life... wait a min..

Shawn
Jul 17th, 2002, 04:50:56 AM
That avatar is Arthas from warcraft threeNein. Right game, wrong character. It's the prophet.

Sean Piett
Jul 17th, 2002, 12:05:56 PM
Bah, humbug

ReaperFett
Jul 17th, 2002, 01:10:41 PM
It's the prophet
In it for the money then?

:)