PDA

View Full Version : Shallow Hal

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 5th, 2002, 10:21:00 PM
I just saw this Farrelly Brothers comedy and it is hilarious, it is one of the best film I think they done after Something About Mary (which still is my fav) Actually this movie though is less vulgar and also has a more sentlemental feel to it, especially to the end. As far as actors Jason Alexander had some of the best lines, I couldn't stop laughing at some of the, but Jack Black was great too, also the girls father is great (can't think of his name he usually plays mob guys, like in Analyze This and Mickey Blue Eyes) overall its very funny movie, and its also very different for them comparred to there earlier films (I think its because its not nearly as many sware words, I think the F word was used once).

BUFFJEDI
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:59:48 PM
I just saw this Farrelly Brothers comedy and it is hilarious Did you watch the same Shallow hal I watched ??:x

JonathanLB
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:06:25 PM
I loved Shallow Hal. That movie is hilarious. Plus Susan Ward is SUPER HOT.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2002, 11:04:28 PM
Well that is the thing about comedies what is funny to me, might not be funny to you. Still, I did like, but I usually like the Farrelly Brothers movies.

JonathanLB
Jul 7th, 2002, 11:24:25 PM
I didn't love Shallow Hal, but I liked it enough to want to buy it (comedies have good repeat value, far better than drama, like compare the repeat value of Thirteen Days, the movie about the Cuban missile crisis, to Road Trip or American Pie; all four star movies in my book, but I have watched Road Trip 8 times in the last year alone). I thought Shallow Hal was quite enjoyable.

Once I can drive tomorrow, I'm going to go buy it. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:21:59 AM
You thought Shallow Hal was hilarious?

I have to agree with Buffster. Did we see the same movie?

darth_mcbain
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:48:47 AM
I enjoyed it - not my favorite, but definitely worth watching and does have a repeat value... I bought it - I figured we'd probably watch it at least three times, which is usually my magic number for buying a DVD.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:10:51 AM
I have to agree with Buffster. Did we see the same movie? whoaa!!! I'm not used to having someone on here that agree's with me on anythingO_o other than Starwars kicks butt!!!!:D

is the ground getting really cold ???:lol

It's true we all find different things funny . well all have our own taste's, that's what make's the world go round.