PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the emerald green sea of okinawa

Live Wire
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:25:24 PM
Hi everybody!!!!!

I made it safe and sound to okinawa japan. You wouldn't believe how beautiful it is here. Its postcard beautiful. I can hardly believe Im thousands of miles away in paradise. I arrived tues night 9pm okinawa time and I just barely made it in before the typhoon hit. I was on one of the last planes that made it through before they had to start cancelling flights. Now the rains over but it still breezy and VERY hot and humid!!! We're going to be going snorkling and swimming. THere are caves here we're going to go into and the beaches are the most marvellous I've ever seen. The sea really is green and crystal clear!! Its amazing. The people on okinawa are so nice and so friendly. Island life is slow paced and comfortable. The people here are relaxed and while things are small here (houses and cars) the people EAT A LOT!!!! I couldn't believe it! Im gonna go home 20 pounds heavier if I keep eating like an okinawan. Amazingly while they eat a lot they walk alot and are the healthiest people on earth. People live longer here then anywhere else. I may just move here!!! j/k

I havent had a major culture shock yet. I really like it and Im surprised that a lot of things have english writing though most people cant read it. There are a lot of military bases on okinawa so there are quite a few people who speak a little english. Im staying at my friends sisters apartment. Everyone lives on the same block within walking distance so its great I can just pop in on anyone any time I want. I have my own room and my own bed so Im nice and comfortable. I've met so many nice friends here and theres so much to do even though its on an island.

The night of the typoon we had a typhoon party and sat around talking and playing games and drinking while listening to the wind and the rain outside the windows. Fortunately there wasnt much damage done as we didnt get the full brunt of the storm. However there is another typhoon heading our way that should hit next week if it doesnt change course and that one should hit the island full on. I hate to say it but I kind of like driving around in the wind and the rain like a bunch of crazy people.

So suffice to say Im having an absolute blast here in japan. Its great to see my friends who I have missed so much since they moved and I can't imagine a better way to spend my summer. I feel so fortunate that I can have this experience and have such great friends to stay with and hang out with. Anyway Im sure you're tired of listening to me go on and on and on about japan. I'll keep everyone updated on whats going on and I'll be online from time to time to catch up with emails and such.

I miss everyone back home and hopefully I'll see you online. If not drop me an email. *hugs*

And dont worry I'll be catching up in my RP's today!

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:29:28 PM
Hiya!

Send me a postcard! :)

ReaperFett
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:32:33 PM
Go on as long as you like, sounds great :)

Darth Viscera
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:34:10 PM
Pictures! My own sphere of travel extends only from New York city to galveston to the rockies. american rockies, of course. I don't trust those canadian rockies o.O

Live Wire
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:37:35 PM
Don't worry there will be plenty of pictures when I get back to the US. You guys wouldnt believe how safe it is here. Theres little to no crime. People leave their cars and their doors unlocked. Its unbelieveable!!

They have these vegetable stands in the countryside here and theres no one there. They leave the vegetables and a box for the money and its all honor system. In the US the vegetables the money and the stand would all be gone in an hour. Trust is the way of life here and its so refreshing!! It shows that it can be done. Anyway Im off to catch up in some RPs

Darth Viscera
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:46:19 PM
trust regarding vegetables? It must be the bushido!

Jehova Eaven
Jul 5th, 2002, 09:05:00 PM
why you! I want to be there....

Admiral Lebron
Jul 5th, 2002, 09:32:18 PM
We'll its not like you can actually just sorta take their stuff and run. It's an island.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 5th, 2002, 09:36:29 PM
*does a happy dance for LW*

Glad you had a safe flight :D

Have fun, eh. Can't wait for pics :)

Vinny Red
Jul 5th, 2002, 10:07:47 PM
i second that...hope you have a good tiem over there. take care and have a good one :-D

Lady Vader
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:33:41 AM
SIS!!!

*Tackle hugs*

So glad you're having a blast! BTW, I tried sending you a PM, but it said you're PM box was full. Might wanna clean it out. :)

Live Wire
Jul 6th, 2002, 03:29:27 AM
okay the PM box is cleaned out. Sorry about that. I need to delete my sent messages I think they're whats clogging it up.

I just got back from the beach. We went to this small island you can get to by going on a bridge and then two other islands. OMG it was soooo beautiful. You'll be getting pictures soon cause my friend has a digital cam and we're gonna up load some we took today. I had my goggles on and was swimming underwater and there were all these fishes eating the stuff growing on the coral. The water is so clear you can see right to the bottom as you stand up.

I'll have pictures up soon with lots of stuff for you guys to see. Hopefully I wont be in all of the pictures. *hee hee*

Live Wire
Jul 6th, 2002, 03:54:45 AM
okay real quick picture. Sorry Im not in this one. Its the only one I had time to reduce the size of. Others will come soon I promise.

unfortunately pictures do not do this place justice. Enjoy!

Sanis Prent
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:54:10 AM
I'm glad you're having fun.

ReaperFett
Jul 6th, 2002, 09:39:41 AM
Woooo, pwetty :)

Khan Surak
Jul 6th, 2002, 05:01:34 PM
Glad you're having fun in Okinawa, LW. :)

DarthDarkCloak
Jul 6th, 2002, 05:53:58 PM
WOW, way better than Cancun :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:51:08 PM
*huggle* Purty!!

And have fun and be SAFE! Stay away from those military guys. no matter what they say, they're all the same. ;)

Sith Ahnk
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:52:53 PM
Stay wary of the samuri, they are no good

Lady Vader
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:25:59 PM
:eek

Ok. Now THAT water, I'll go swimming in!! So purrrrrrdy!! :D

Morgan Evanar
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:38:19 PM
Looks like something off the Bahamas. =]

Gouyen Chee
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:05:40 PM