PDA

View Full Version : AOTC 4th box office

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 5th, 2002, 10:02:46 AM
I found this on theforce.net and I guess its right, the guys said he sucribes to Exibitor Relations in the US and requested the information
Wed
Attack of the clones only dropped 8.0%
ATOC : 575,000 taking $494 per theatre average on 1162 screens, taking its domestic cume to 288.10 Million

Spiderman dropping 12.5% at 445,000 taking $298 per theatre average on 1502 screens, taking its domestic cume to 397.31 Million

On Thursday , (estimates)

Attack of the clones rose approx 43% to 820,000 taking $705 per theatre average on 1162 screens, taking its domestic cume to 288.92 Million in 9th spot.

Spiderman rose approx 35% to 600,000 taking $399 per theatre average on 1502 screens taking its domestic cume to 397.91 Million

The Wed numbers seem right, I hope those Thursday numbers are right that would be awesome if it went up that much, it would have a chance to finish in the top 10 for the weekend.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 5th, 2002, 10:23:29 AM
That be nice...just to show it won't go in the night without a fight..

CMJ
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:03:38 PM
Dude if those numbers are correct...with the amount of screens/theatres it lost....damn that's extraordinary.

JonathanLB
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:34:42 PM
Seriously, I wonder what is up with my city?!

We have not hardly lost a SINGLE theater since the movie began playing 8 weeks ago.

You remember I told you guys Broadway Metroplex 4 was still playing it a few weeks ago? Well they are STILL PLAYING it now! Yet they only have four screens.

Movies on TV 16, Evergreen 13, Tigard 11, Broadway 4, every theater I know of in the area (4 pages on Fandango) is playing it. So nationwide it has lost about 2/3 of its theaters, yet here it has maybe lost 10% or so. Unusual.

If those numbers are correct, that's really awesome. It's great that this holiday would actually have an effect like that. Talk about a life-saver, hehe.

CMJ
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:37:41 PM
No kidding Jonathan....Portland seems rather bizarre(not in a bad way). Hell there's very few theatres out here playing it anymore(at least in comparison to a few weeks ago)and I'm in frickin' LOS ANGELES!

Admiral Lebron
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:38:59 PM
Just about every multi-screen cineplex in the DC area is playing it one at least one screen.

Quadinaros
Jul 5th, 2002, 03:34:51 PM
Well, if you merge those numbers into the Wed-Thur estimates, that puts AOTC in 10th, behind SOAF but ahead of YAYA and Hey Arnold. Spidey would be 12th.

I'll just laugh if the final numbers come out on Monday and show AOTC in 9th for the third straight week. :rollin

CMJ
Jul 5th, 2002, 04:36:49 PM
Of course boxofficemojo doesn't show that number for Thursday.....maybe it's an error.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 5th, 2002, 05:50:33 PM
They said it was an estimate so who knows but also I can' believe that Fat Greek Weeding finished 10th that movie is on less than 1000 screens how could it make that much? Also I am surprised MIB 2 did less on Thursday than friday maybe everybody was out celebrating, I went today and the theather was packed.

CMJ
Jul 5th, 2002, 05:54:32 PM
Films typically do a bit less on the 4th, because people are out doing the barbeque/fireworks thing.

"Greek Wedding" has been consistently near the top 10 for a few weeks now, so it's not that surprising to me.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 5th, 2002, 06:04:08 PM
I think the Wed number is accurate it could just be that the Thursday number was wrong who knows, we probably won't know zip till Monday which suck, is there any site which post the 20 top films daily? I could have swore that Showbizdata did if you had a subscription but I don't have one so I have no idea.

CMJ
Jul 5th, 2002, 06:05:40 PM
Yeah showbizdata used to...but from what Jonathan has said, their information is frequently incorrect.

JonathanLB
Jul 5th, 2002, 11:56:55 PM
I have a subscription to that stupid site still, but no they only have like a top 10 to 12 on weekend days because they are estimated and I did not see any AOTC figures...

I'm kinda happy because I bought Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) stock in Like Mike before it opened at $38 per share. Whoever let it stay that low was retarded. Yeah, the movie looks stupid to me, but $38 means $38 million in four weeks. I never thought that should be a problem. $7 million in two days so far is strong. I think it can do $14 million for the weekend maybe. I think I should make a solid amount on that stock, just if it could get to like $55 million in 4 weeks, that'd be great.

I made a buttload of cash from AOTC delisting, so I had $10,000,000 to spend on various stocks. I mostly got small movie stocks that I thought were slightly underrated or significantly underrated. All of the big ones are always way over, like MIB 2 was at $250. Sure, it may make $250 million in four weeks, but then why buy it at $250?!?! If I buy a stock I want a 50% return on my investment on HSX. On the real stock exchange, obviously more like 10% is good, but to be honest, if I cannot make a 200 to 500% return on my investment for most movie stocks, I don't consider it that good of a deal. That's because I buy them way early, though. I bought Godzilla 2 stock at 98 cents per share and it's at like $30 now, hehe. I got AOTC stock at $55 per share or something, which it made (in millions) in about two days.

I'll tell you one thing, as far as this whole weekend goes, I have trouble believing Hey Arnold! is doing much at all.

I went to see that movie today and there were exactly 6 people in the auditorium, including myself. I went to see AOTC twice. Each time, there were more than 50 people. I could not count exactly, but I was in the 3rd row both times, so it was full. In fact, it was much fuller than Scooby Doo, which is playing on a larger screen but evidently not doing too well here at least. Then again, it doesn't matter. When you have 3 times as many theaters, or whatever, you hardly need to fill them at all to make more than another movie (AOTC) playing in only 1,100 theaters, hehe.

Scooby Doo was horrible, even worse than I thought. One star. Hey Arnold! is also way worse than I thought. It gets a reluctant 1/2 star and makes my top 5 worst of the year at #5 for liberal, Hollywood propaganda (EVIL corporation wants to take over neighborhood to build shopping mall, good riddance I say, that ghetto needed to be torn down anyway, and then the CEO is, of course, totally evil and bent on the misery of others, like every CEO right? WRONG! They all create thousands of jobs). The animation sucks too. Music sucks. Plot sucks. It was horrid. I can't believe I'm so generous as to give it 1/2 star. I should win some type of humanitarian award for just seeing it, let alone giving it a half star.

CMJ
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:20:41 AM
Mystery Solved.....Guess we'll wait till Monday or Tuesday.

"It has been chaos in the box office these last few days, with several film companies failing to submit their numbers for the 4th of July weekend, according to fox, the figures I gave were correct for Wednesday and ATOC DID have a increase on wednesday to thursday period, however no figures will be released for Wednesday-Sunday for ATOC until official numbers are released on Tuesday next week. Exibitor Relations have stated that the numbers were not official as official numbers will not be released by fox. Fox are also refusing to post numbers internationally either. As rumored numbers international for ATOC have reached 250 Million already, Fox are not releasing further details. "

Quadinaros
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:24:07 AM
CMJ, where did that quote come from?

CMJ
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:29:09 AM
I got it off theforce.net in the BO thread. Yeah...probably not the most reliable source, but work with me here. ;)

Quadinaros
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:38:20 AM
Fair enough. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:54:28 AM
Yeah I have seen 3 films posted as the 10th film recently for the 4th Hey Arnold, YA YA Sisters and Fat Greek Wedding, and they all have different numbers, I have to say what that guy said makes since, it reminds me of a few years ago when they totally messed up on The Patriot and The Perfect Storm's box office numbers. They must have a lot of trouble on the 4th or something.