PDA

View Full Version : Advice, please.....

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:08:56 PM
Okay....I have come to a compromising situation....one that is not completely fair. Sia-Lan.....who has just recently gone to the Darkside, has requested that I do battle with her. Well, I am, IC speaking....a really good fighter. I'm a Warrior, and I only loose to the people I'm supposed to (ie: Sith Lords and Masters and such). This is, by the way, for her "entrance exam". She is not really supposed to use her Lightside powers that she had as a Knight, right? I know that I would usually beat her, but she's requesting that I loose......terribly. I said, only if something is wrong with me......(ie: I am sick or still ailing from my near death experience...or I recently broke my arm, something). She said no, that I have to be fully healed and healty. I told her too, that she can't take my saber and that's the only thing she's agreed to. This is complete god-moding and it pisses me off that she thinks she can get away with it. Now, she has talked to Dara over at TSE who says all of this is fine, of course. I don't want to let her down as a friend....because she thinks that no one else would ever conceive such a thing....and I can see why, it's crazy. I don't know what to do.....Xaz' can't be humiliated in front of TSE anymore. I am currently batteling Malice Draclau, by his request, who I am sure is going to find some way to kick the snot out of me. *augh* I am just so frustrated and confused. Anyone have any advice.....please??? It would be so much appreciated. :)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:24:20 PM
Simple - RP legitimately. Whatever happens happens. If the other side can't deal with, tough cookies.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:24:39 PM
Basically you can refuse and turn around and whale her one. WHY should you HAVE to lose? I've always been of the opinion that if someone is better and they do it legit, fine. Doesnt matter the rank even. I would say that if she wants a piece of you, well then she is going to have to work for it.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:25:32 PM
Its your prerogative to say no. While its debatable on whether a force-adept loses their abilities when "switching sides", she's nevertheless an inferior fighter next to you. Thus, the decision is yours and yours alone. No reason to accept it IMO.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:36:27 PM
Thanks for your help guys. I know she'll have to work for it, no doubt about that....now she wants some of my hair or something. Augh.....I really don't see why I should do it now, she's insulting me over PMs while discussing this. She is obviously talking to Dara at the same time. She said that she has to beat me in order to get in.....well, I have seen in the past that that is not the case. Of course if I accept I'll beat the Force out of her..... :lol But I could always say no. I don't like how she's going about it....that is borderline God-moding, is it not?

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:23:25 PM
Not God-Moding, as nothing is being done in a roleplay yet. I would tell someone where to shove their fight if they made such demands of me; my characters and no-one elses characters are pawns for others to play with and benefit from unfairly.

I tell her to clean up her act or no fight, if she is a friend of yours she should appreciate this and if she is still insulting and adamant, tell her to bugger off.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:42:43 PM
Thanks Loki, I did just that and she shaped up. We'll fight and see how it goes....the first time she god-modes I am outta there and she'll but stuck for a fight. I am sure she wouldn't have done this for me.......

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:34:46 PM
Yes to everything that has been said. There is no godmoding as of yet.

You dont have to agree to loose from the start if you dont want to. Best thing is to do as everyone said. Post back and forth and see what happens ... demanding that you loose is not cool.

These fight threads are suppose to be fun -_-

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:36:10 PM
That's what I thought, Nav.......well, I'll see how things go.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:40:47 PM
And if you need backup... I am soo there... *grin*

But seriosuly, you know that people won't stand for GodModing. They'll be there faster than you can say 'Legomaniac.'

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:53:09 PM
Thankies Ryla! :) *huggles*

I'll remember that........ :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:00:25 PM
If she gets uppity....

:: Hands special non stick Frying Pan to Xazor ::

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:03:20 PM
*Takes pretty non-stick pan....*

Thank you! :D :lol I'll be sure to use it on her if she gets.....weird. :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:17:37 PM
Wedgys and frozen fish are good to use too.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:28:49 PM
Frozen trout!! :p :lol

Syrius Cline
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:11:29 PM
Hmm... Godmoding. A touchy subject. I don't think it's quite that. However, I do think this is wrong. I'll explain.

You say she wants her character to beat you BADLY. Like she pummles you.... Unh-unh, not gonna happen. You'd probably beat the tar out of her. Especially since I think going to the Darkside, you have to start over. Well, not with the getting in touch with the Force part, but rather channelling your anger and hate. Since Jedi have been programmed not to do that, it's kind of hard to undo.

I think you should tell her "good luck". Because if I were you, I'd try and beat the snot out of her. Whenever I fight a friend online, I go harder. Meaning I think it out. Sometimes I just throw something on the page in haste. But when I'm fighting a friend, I plan and plot on how best to massacre them. Because I think it's funner that way.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:20:42 PM
That's exactly what I'm doing Syrius/Sage. :D She does something and I totally blow it right back in her face. Now I have thrown sand in her eyes....... :lol I told her she was blinded by the darkside and I was sorry for that.....that I really was, then I really blinded her. :lol I'm totally going to beat the crap out of her. It outta be interesting....to say the least. Ya'll should go check it out....tis in the Storytelling section. My name is in the title. It's something called.....Entrance Exam....or something like that. If I can get around to it, I'll post the thread here.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:50:56 PM
Kicking the whatzit out of a Sith?

Your definatly Helenias daughter in name and attitude :p

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:55:49 PM
:lol Thankies Marcus.....I take that as a mighty compliment! :D Yep, kicking the snot out of a former Jedi.....teach her to switch sides...... :lol

Sanis Prent
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:01:03 AM
Wait a second....isn't Sia Lan "the artist formerly known as Jedi Cadet"???

>D

Oh HELLL......

Somewhere...Anbira is smiling in a bad bad way. That girl is about to get fux0rd. If you don't do it, I will >D

Xazor Elessar
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:09:29 AM
>D Oh yes...that's her! :lol I'll do it.....and if I need help, I'll call Anby and Ryla in......sounds like you guys would be more than willing! >D

Sanis Prent
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:14:15 AM
I'll just say that she made some very stupid decisions once, and made me not like her.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:19:15 AM
yep... it was so not pretty

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 5th, 2002, 02:28:41 AM
Oh yeah..... I remember that.

If Anbira gets her, she'll wish she had taken a Rail Gun lobotomy. Meesa no watchin!

Xazor Elessar
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:07:14 AM
:lol Oh really? This sounds interesting....... :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:14:34 AM
Or a Boot to the Head.

Or a Waffle Iron....