PDA

View Full Version : Revisted: Markings on Anakin's/Lars ceilings.

JMK
Jul 4th, 2002, 01:43:47 PM
Were we not supposed to find out what those crazy, Sith-looking patterns on the ceiling of Anakin's Tatooine home and in the Lars homestead were supposed to be and where they came from?

After AotC, the only thing they have in common is that Shmi lived in both places.

Any new thoughts on this old topic?

darth_mcbain
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:25:31 AM
I wonder if there is actually no connection. The fact that it is on the ceiling of two separate houses (Shmi's and the Lars') could mean that it is just a common design around Tatooine. And when you say "Sith" markings, are they actually Sith markings or just like those that Darth Maul has?

JMK
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:11:53 AM
I actually don't know what they are, its just what we referred to them as. You're right there could be no connection, but the fact that people have asked the official site about them (I think) and have gotten a response makes me think there's more to them.

Starquest aka AndyR
Jul 5th, 2002, 01:27:44 PM
maybe shmi is actually plapatines wife and anakin is their child... Shmi is actually the dark side queen and she must mark her dwellings with sith markings to keep the midichlorians at bay... ;)

Gouyen Chee
Jul 5th, 2002, 04:02:14 PM
*stares at the Taco Bell Darth Maul poster hung up over her computer, noticing a similar pattern in the arch above Jabba's head*

I think it's just a common Tatooine design theme -- nothing Sithly, except for its resemblence to Darth Maul's tatoos.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:34:36 PM
Aha, I like Starquest's idea. Shmi is responsible for turning young Anakin to the Dark Side... in more ways than one, now! Little did we know that this was her evil plan ALL ALONG!

She probably lied to Qui-Gon about there being no father. I mean, what would he say if he found out that Palpatine was Anakin's father?

You know, the whole scenario is far too creepy to me, I think I'll drop it now. Too many "Luke, I am your father" vibes. I think it's pretty safe to say that Shmi was no Dark Side follower, she was a very nice person all the times that we see her in the films.

JMK
Jul 5th, 2002, 11:12:49 PM
If Palpy ends up being Anakin's father, I'll puke. That's the end of that.