PDA

View Full Version : Cars in movies

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 04:30:46 AM
Here's an interesting question - qhat would you consider to be the best, hottest, most desireable car you have seen in a movie?

Me, I think it comes down to two choices - the Deloren in Back To The Future, or the black Interceptor in Mad Max, supercharger sticking out of the bonnet and all.

JMK
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:55:01 AM
-Steve McQueen's mustang from Bullit
-Orange supra from the Fast and the Furious
-The Audi S4 from Ronin
-The 4x4 from Tango & Cash, but it has to come with all the trimmings. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:56:11 AM
The BMW in TWINE
THe Aston Martin's in the other Bond films

JonathanLB
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:16:57 AM
Well I like the Aston Martin from Bond, i.e. the car my dad has, LOL.

That and the new Mercedes shown in MIB2, but that'd have to come with a hyperdrive built-in like the movie and it is able to fly and the doors open automatically and it doesn't come with a black dude, because he'd keep getting pulled over, lol. j/k :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:26:14 AM
Orange supra from the Fast and the Furious

One of my friend's boyfriends scored a '02 Red Supra for a graduation gift...

Very nice car indeed. He took me out for a ride in it... very nice.

JMK
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:36:32 AM
How do these people get "gifts" like that??? Where's mine? :p

FLMKR4EB
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:25:27 PM
1.The '89 Batmobile-W/ Bat-Gagets and working cockpit door, optional machine gun turrets.
2.Back to the Future Delorean W/ Custom CD player built to look like Time Input Device, and Custom Flux Capcitator.
3.Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters
4.Alpha Romeo from the Graduate
5.Ferrari from Ferris Buehler
6.Jag Roadster from Cruel Intentions
7.Duce Coup with THX plates from Amican Graffiti

Those are a few I dream of owning. I know, I know, I dream BIG.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:41:34 PM
And now to add spice to the discussion - the best car chase as well :)

FLMKR4EB
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:57:04 PM
Few...

Bullet is damn good.
French Connection is good.
The Rock is good.
Rumble in the Bronx is good
Who Am I is awsome.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:53:27 PM
The Italian Job is hands down the best

Then Blues Brothers

FLMKR4EB
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:57:36 PM
HOW COULD I FORGET BLUES BROS?

CMJ
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:59:48 PM
I love the "Blues Brothers" car chase.

"It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarrettes, it's dark outside, and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Hit it."

;)

I also love the car chase in "Fletch"...it's so damn funny. Great exchanges between Fletch and the kid.

"Are you a cop?"

"As far as you know."

"You gonna take me to jail for auto theft?'

"Why did you steal this car?"

"I sure did."

"I'm not even sure that's a crime anymore, there's been alot of changes in the law."

FLMKR4EB
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:04:14 PM
Mad Max, and Mad Max 2

CMJ
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:11:15 PM
"Ronin"....though not a very good movie had 2 terrific car chases.

FLMKR4EB
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:20:29 PM
AND Jean Reno, one of my dream collaborators.

CMJ
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:23:03 PM
Actually that movie had alot of cool people(DeNiro, Reno, etc.)...and stuff(2 great car chases), but it just didn't work as a movie(well not to me anyways).

FLMKR4EB
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:25:05 PM
Haven't seen it. I just remember the VHS cover and the famous image of Reno aiming the gun at the camer from inside the car.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:27:28 PM
Car chases in Mad Max 1 and II are awesome. And now much imitated. I for one liked Ronan and the Audi A8 is great. And of course driving down the wrong way on the freeway....

Anyone remember the Italaian Job's chase? Iyou aint seen it..... HIRE THIS MOVIE NOW!

JMK
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:30:00 PM
I loved Ronin. It was such a stylish "action/thriller". The car chases were awesome too. Aside from the car chases already mentioned, Luc Besson's Taxi movies (two of them) have some great chases, most notably, one with mopeds. It sounds lame, but its superbly done, trust me!

I would also have to say Bullit is just about as good as it gets...

Tianje Xhu
Jul 4th, 2002, 10:18:21 PM
the rock, one of the best chase scenes plus i love the guys hummer, lol. "you scratch my car and i'll scratch (or is it have?) your ass".

blues brothers, very good. still miss john :(

i had an austin healy :(
sort of

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 4th, 2002, 10:22:50 PM
I would also have to say Bullit is just about as good as it gets...

Whatever you think of Steve McQueen, he was in reality a very accomplished race driver. He also did the driving in Bullitt and I have to say it was very authentic, no tricks. It was pure hard driving. whats better is that they clearly make mistakes and it's not covered. It just has this edge of reality about it that other over the top chases just do not have.

Oh, how can I forget CannonBall run, the Ferrari and the AC Cobra blasting into LA?

JMK
Jul 5th, 2002, 06:31:58 AM
If you look at the cars in the Bullit chase, the way they lean in and out of turn where the wheels look like they're going to break off, that's what does it for me. :)