PDA

View Full Version : A Meeting with Helenias (Helenias Q'Dunn)

Oriadin
Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:38:53 AM
Oriadin had left a note asking his Master to meet him in the Bar and Grill. He wasnt after anything in particular but he wished to get to know her a little better. He stood in the bar and ordered his usual ice water. He scoured the room for a second, looking for an empty table. It was pretty busy in there today. After spotting a free table he swiftly made his way over before someone else sat there. He placed his drink on the table and sat down. He was slightly early so he half listend to some of the stories being told. Some were true and some were obviously made up. Some made him laugh and some made him sad. He sipped his drink and waited. Hoping his master recieved his message.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 02:45:50 PM
I had to admit some curiosity as I read the mote that had been left to me. Was something on Oriadin's mind?

Whatever the reason, I decided to take Jina with me. The girl was missing Marcus and I thought she could do with an outing. She was a familiar sight in the Bar and Grill and even some of the soldiers guarding the area knew her well enough to speak friendly words that she recieved with a smile and a shy hello herself. I knew she was safe with all the guards and Jedi about, so I allowed her to wander off and play. It was a weight off my shoulders for a while too as I spotted my Padawan and walked to his table. I was dressed in my normal green, hair brushed behind my ears, but with a braid in my hair as well.

"Hello Oriadin.... mind if I take a seat?" I said as I arrived at the table.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 5th, 2002, 04:43:15 AM
(Upped)

Oriadin
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:42:08 AM
Oriadin was still listning to the stories of the surrounding people as Helenias arrived.

--Ah, Master. Please do. Can I get you something to drink?--

He was glad she made it and she was a little early.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:05:44 AM
"Yes, thank you" I said as I pulled out the chair and took a seat "I owuld like a Camielle Tea if that is not too much of a problem"

As the order was placed, I had to wonder - why had Oriadin called me here?

Oriadin
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:38:18 AM
Oriadin walked up to the bar and ordered his Masters drink. It didnt take long for the barman to have it ready and Oriadin carried it back to the table. He could see a slightly puzzled look on Helenias's face and he got a sensation of confusion.

--your wondering why I asked you to join me, arent you?--

Since joining the order Oriadin had noticed heightend senses. Smell, touch, taste etc etc. He had always had a sense for danger and had good instincts about things. He was learning to read people better now. Begining to tell what others were feeling and being able to study expressions and actions which also gave clues away.

--I simply wished to get to know you better, if thats Ok. I hardly know anything about you and I find you intresting. I find it much easier to trust if I know a person better too.--

Oraidin was a very trusting person by nature but felt that getting to know his master would help the both of them.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:02:11 AM
"Well, I er......"

I was somewhat startled. That was not what I was expecting. Come to think of it, what had I been expecting? Most likely some question of the Force and it's use. It didn't take long for my surprise to be finished and I nodded.

"Certainly. Where would you like me to start?"

Oriadin
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:36:56 AM
He took a sip of his ice water. Helenias seemed somwhat suprised that her Padawan had requested to meet with her to get to know her a little better.

--I dont know, its up to you really. Tell me where you came from...why you became a Jedi...that seems a good start to me--

He put his glass down and slouched slightly in his chair. He was comfortable and keen to learn more about his Master.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:57:15 AM
Well, I could start with where I came from. Only Marcus really knew and I had much desired to return with him to see my true father...

"Where I came from is a planent named Imlradris, which means Sanctuary in my native tongue. It is ruled by my true father and it is truly a place of deep and quiet beauty. I am his only daughter and I was named Evenstar. I am not exactly sure how many years ago I was born in Galatic Standard, well beyond 60 - and from that you light work out that I am not human. The race of my blood is named The First Born of Arda, for my forebears populated the Arda system, which is in the Unknown Regions. The Second Born of which Marcus is counted in also come from the Arda system, but his birth place is as far removed from a paradise as you can get. A barren and over hot heavy gravity planet called Arnor, where it is an effort to stand for ones like you and I, so ferocious is the gravitational pull. It is searingly hot and almost all sand except for the poles where most who can live there do."

"Guide what you want to hear Oridin, for my story is long in telling and in some places it would not be of interest. Speak where you would hear fo next"

Oriadin
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:39:08 AM
She looked good for her age Oriadin joked to himself as she spoke to him. She spoke of her home plannet very fondly and already he wanted to see such a beatiful place.

Oriadin had heard of Marcus's home plannet before but couldnt remember when. Probably read about it at some point. He couldnt imagine what it would be like to have a gravity pull like that on you. Must have meant Marcus had very strong muscles, he thought to himself.

Listning to what Helenais said about Marcus's plannet as well as her own made Oriadin wish he knew what his home plannet was like. What the people were like and if he liked it there. He wasnt even sure how old he was, he looked about 20 so thats what he told everyone he was. It was fustraiting not being able to remember his past but the padawan had learnt to deal with it. Not dwel on the past but remain focused on the present and look to the future. Hearing stories of other peoples home worlds soothed him for reasons he couldnt explain. He guessed it was because if he heard of somewhere of great beauty and peace he would imagine himself from that place.

--So how did you meet Marcus? Was it when you were a Jedi or before?--

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:44:16 AM
A smile drifted over my face now.

"No, I was definantly not a Jedi - I was in fact an Imperial Royal Guard, the only female one to have ever passed into the highest of their ranks. Many years after the Empire had died at Endor, I was fighting my own war agains the rebels and also the Jedi as they began to grow strong once again. It was there I learned my fighting skill sand have such an affinity with a PIke - it was a weapon I grew to love. The red of my armour earned myself the name of Lord Fire Balde and it was with this name I began to win the respect the Jedi have for me, for some faced me in those days. They did not know whom it was under the helmet and I wonder what they would have thought..... no matter now"

I lowered my voice - this wasn;t public knowledge what I was to tell

"Marcus was a Dark Lord known as Venom 12 years ago and a powerful one he was to. He was apprenticed to a evil Stih Withc named Callista and with her, they were beginnig to build a power base and become a threat in their own right. On a world named Harrvii, I was to meet this Dark Jedi and slay him, for he was threatening the plans of the Imperials I was with at the time. But... something happened. Venom was sent there to execute someone and he stayed his hand, for he found he could not kill an innocent. Venom fled the wrath of his Mistress and thought to hide, but she sent a horrible curse t that planet called The Dark Fury - a race of monsters that killed every living soul on the planet...... it was a terrible retribution and I was caught on the planet myself with no hope of escape....."

And I remembered a converation I had had months before woth General West....

--

“Harrvi changed everything. I was there to meet a corruptible army officer when beasts like which I had never seen suddenly attacked. They firstly cut off any means of escape, then progressed to systematically wipe out all life forms. I… you just wouldn’t have believed it possible, the way they wiped out a planet like that. I myself fought and killed several of them. Even then, it was useless. Too many of them, trapped, I knew there was no escape.

I think it was the third day of the invasion and I had fallen in with a group of soldiers and civilians. Their leader was Captain James Tohmahawk, the real one. We were dug in for a last stand, we were being attacked and it was likely to be the end when quite unexpectedly, a massive fireball exploded amongst our attackers. It was startling, but not quite as startling as seeing a black armoured, sabre wielding maniac come out of the flames, straight at us. I recognised whom he was quickly, everyone else thought he was a Jedi come to save them. In a way, I think at that point he had decided to become Jedi so it was true. He had already turned away from Callista and had renounced the Dark Side, which I didn’t know then. As he organisedthe survivors, I was only prepared to let him live because we all needed to band together – and I sensed something very odd about him. He wasn’t like what I knew a Dark Sider to be so maybe I already knew in my mind what he was. I don’t know.

The group got to a landing field, where he stripped off his armour. I handed him a jumpsuit, cause I wanted to have a quick and quiet word.

“What’s the name, Jedi?” I asked

“Q’Dunn. And you?”

“They call me Helenias. I got myself a few of these lizard things”

“Really? How’s that?”

I smirked and dug into a pocket, showing Q’Dunn the top of a lightsabre “Lets just say you were originally on my hit lit. I think things may have changed”

“Pardon?”

“We share a common enemy. You used to be a bully boy for an enemy of mine”.

“Yeah, well I handed back that job a while ago. I want you then to go tail end bantha then. If anyone slows down or begin to fall behind, whack them with your sabre. If they stop, leave them. Understand?”

Simple words, but…. It was our beginning. “

I paused once more, thinking back.

“We found a shuttle at a landing field nearby, he sneaked a crew onboard to prep. When he came back, Marcus said we were going to make a run for the shuttle. He also said if anyone fell behind me, they would be left behind. I was the last person onto the ramp, there was gunfire and humans allied to the beasts and they were closing in. As I was entering Marcus was beginning to ward off the first wave of attack. He told me to get onboard, to tell the crew to take off while there was time…

I turned at the top of the ramp, after yelling out to take off, expecting Marcus to be following me. Instead, I saw the maniac jump off the edge and run where I had seen a child trip up. It was one of those moments Oriadin, where your life changes. I knew he couldn’t get back in time. I knew we had to go. I just couldn’t believe he was going to commit suicide by trying to go back for two kids. I would have just left him… just gone with the shuttle. But….” I paused, quiet, taking a drink again and staying quiet for a moment

“I went back as well. Don’t ask me why, but at that moment, with the shuttle many feet off the ground, ramp closing, I stepped off the edge and went back too. I saw before I jumped a light on another craft and I must have thought there was a chance after all. I don’t know……” My voice dropped as I remembered what was next…..

<font color=red>
A second later, she too dived out of the closing ramp and she too ran to where the children were, her sabre humming as she blocked and returned blaster bolts.

“What the hell are you doing here?!?!” He yelled

“Same thing as you.”

“WHAT?”

“Don’t argue Jedi.” A blaster bolt was ducked before she continued. “There’s a smaller fighter/freighter not far from here. We can go for that”

The guns on the shuttle began to add to the chaos as they ripped into the guards, forcing them to take cover and giving Q’Dunn and Helenias enough time to get Gregori to his feet. A nasty cut on his knee explained his mobility problems.

The shuttle circled, Tohmahawk looking out the viewports. “Keep firing! Give them as much cover as you can!”

The co-pilot consulted a screen. “Sir! There’s a missile battery coming to bear on us”

“Oh… shi…stay low and get us out of here!” The shuttle continued to fire as it accelerated, barely twenty meters off the ground to be too low for the missile array to target properly. A missile streaked out, going wide.

On the ground, Q’Dunn looked up as he saw the shuttle going for all it was worth and saw the missile fired. His attention snapped back as a Vog’on finally appeared and was dispatched by a sabre blow to the head.

“Helenias! Gregori! Shay! Move it, were going to have even worse company!”

The trio ran, Helenias helping a hobbling Gregori as they darted for the small freighter, Q’Dunn fighting rear guard. Several soldiers rushed him, forcing him to go hand to hand. He kicked and punched, using all the training he could call on, using his sabre when he could. A blaster shot at close range forced his sabre upward, hitting the actual weapon body. Sparks flew as the sabre snapped in two and flying out of Q’Dunn’s hands

“Hurry up!” Helenias yelled from the ramp of the freighter.

He punched a soldier in the throat, sweeping another off his feet. Yet another was kicked to the groin. Still they came. He leaped over a wave of fighters, to land out of range. He ran for the ship, cut and bruised and much weakened from the fight.

“GO! GO!” She paused and went for the cockpit to start the ship up. He raced and dived for the ramp, tumbling up it. Running for the cockpit he searched for the ramp controls, before finding them, closing the ramp. Helenias punched the controls, blasting the ship into the air, skimming the ground as it built speed and got out of range of the missile battery. Q’Dunn lowered his head in relief, before a scream echoed through the ship.

“I believe that meant I didn’t close the ramp in time and something got on board. I go, keep flying” Helenias nodded.

Another scream and a yell of “Leave her alone!” sent Q’Dunn flying in the direction… and realized the boarder couldn’t be worse. A Vog’on.

“Leave her” The words came out flat.

The beast turned to face Q’Dunn

“Thhhiiinnnkkkk youuu can essscape that easssssily? The Overlord wantssss youuuuu bacccck”

“I’ll die first”. He leaned into a fighting stance, one hand extended, palm facing his hand. He beckoned to the Vog’on indicating his willingness to fight. The beast, forgetting all about Gregori and Shay, lunged at Q’Dunn. He blocked a punch combination, before ducking a tail swing, coming up a step away.

“Is that the best you can do?”

The beast snarled and came at Q’Dunn even harder, finally smashing him with a backhander that slid Q’Dunn into his backside.

“Guess that answers that…” He didn’t have time for more as the Vog’on stepped in, attacking viciously. He rolled to his feet, blocked, ducking, weaving.

He concentrated and used the Force, striking the Vog’on in the chest and hurling the monster backwards with a crash into a wall. Almost as fast, the beast recovered, coming in low, trying a crash tackled. Q’Dunn leaped over the charge, coming down and using the Force again to smash the beast head first into the wall.

The ship lurched, throwing Q’Dunn off his feet and sliding him straight at the beast. The Vog’on reacted fast, flipping over and nailing Q’Dunn with it’s massive tail. He felt his ribs creak and one give way, with a burst of pain. He gasped, and used the Force to swing the Vog’on by the tail into the opposite wall. The bulkhead bent with the power of the throw. The Vog’on got up somewhat slower this time, as did Q’Dunn

He resumed his original stance, ignoring the blood dripping off his forehead and once again beckoned for the Vog’on to attack. The beast did, landing a few blows as Q’Dunn found himself now too slow to counter, staggering back he knew that there was only one real thing he could do. In his mind he imagined a bolt of lightning, ready to strike. His fist he imagined as the bolt, his arm the energy.

The Vog’on seemed to come at him in slow motion. It punched. He blocked. It punched. He blocked. It swung around, sweeping it’s tail. Q’Dunn leaped high and with a yell, focused all his power, all his strength and also the Force into his one blow. His fist smashed outwards, the second knuckle striking the Vog’ons skull, right at a weak point.. his fist carried on, smashing through bone and tearing muscle, the power of the blow being released straight into the brain of the monster, bone shearing into the delicate nerves and tissue. He pulled his hand back and landed, back facing the creature as it straightened and then crashed lifeless to the floor.

Q’Dunn waited till Gregori opened the ramp once again, to allow him to use the Force to fling the beast out. The ramp closed, with Marcus sinking to the ground, trying to catch his breath without the broken ribs tearing his lungs apart.

“You okay?” Heleias asked as she came out of the control cabin.

“Ye… ah fuggit, no. It got me a good one”

“Okay, get comfortable if you can. That Captain managed to raise a Republic cruiser whom has just entered the system and alerted us. We’re going into orbit and out of here.”

“Blocakade… is there any?”

“Nothing we can’t get past. Hold tight Jedi, there’s some good flying coming”

“I’m not a Jedi”

“You sure? You were just as stupid as one then” she replied going back to the cockpit.

Partnering up with Tohmahawk’s shuttle, the two craft raced for the edge of the atmosphere. They were the last craft that were know to ever leave the surface of Harrvi ever. Both docked with the cruiser, which came to ward off a small fleet of attack boats, then it too ran, ripping into hyperspace and safety. </font>

--

"".... that's how we met. We married not long afterwards and for three months went to ground together, until Callista caught up with us."

Oriadin
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:39:10 AM
Oriadin sat in complete silence. As Helenias went on Oriadin was leaning more and more forward in his seat. Eventually she finished her story. He wasnt expecting anything so long or as exciting. He sat still and quiet in his seat, almost stunned. He couldnt think of anything to say in reply to her story.

--That was amazing. Some meeting!--

Any respect Oriadin had for both Marcus and Helenias had greatly improved over this story alone.

--I really dont know what to say to that....what happend to Gregori? Was he ok in the end?--

He assumed the boy would be Ok as his injuries didnt seem all that bad, not long term anyway. He spoke with a concerned tone nevertheless.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 13th, 2002, 04:04:19 AM
I shook my head.

"Gregori lived yes, but he was foolish. He returned to Harrvi and yet again harely escaped. He reawoke the beasts and they have become active once again. Ah, he is not a wise one is Gregori and much trouble I fear will result in his mistake. But..... that is the future and it is not the near future either. Now, what more would you like to hear Oriadin? You have put me in the storytelling mood"

Oriadin
Jul 13th, 2002, 02:32:26 PM
--Hmmm, let me see. Tell me why it was you wanted to become a Jedi, what turned you into agreeing that the Jedi cause was the best one?--

The Padawan took a small sip from his ice water. His master was in a story telling mood and he was now in a story listning mood!

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 19th, 2002, 08:12:47 AM
"Now why did I want to be a Jedi? A good question"

I also sipped at my drink, before starting to speak again.

"To know this, I have to tell you at for 10 long years I thought Marcus was dead. He and I were walking over a bridge when the former Mistress of Marcus, a evil Sith woman named Callista tried to assasinate both of us. Her minions knew we were coming and as we walked over the bridge, three bombs were detonated. One right below where were were n the bridge, two on either side. A well planned and thought out trap that should have killed us both. It was by chance that I had stumbled and a heavy speeder blocked the force of the blasts - and in the fall, I fell into a garbage container that cushioned my fall. Enough so I lived, though I spent a long time recovering in a medical bay. I thought he was dead... and even though he also lived, Marcus believed I was dead too. For ten years I lived with that until it was a chance encounter on this planet. I was here because I was lost and alone, drinking myself to the end when there was a fight that broke out. The local corrupt military tried to do a criminal clean out and instead, they accidentally tripped over a New Republic General and his friends. They fought their way out and in the ensuing battle, Tohmahawk and Scorpion blasted apart a few squadrons unitl some idiot let loose with a Star Destroy Turbolaser and blasted a few hectares into slag. Somehow they caught the General and interrogated him - thinking to even publically execute him.

I was at this point in my full armour and I saw the broadcast. A NR General strapped to a chair, about to die by lethal injection.... and in a blink, he turned into something else. A fighting machine. He killed five of his captors in a blink and the broke out, but more importantly, in the middle of that, he spoke the lines "I am Jedi MAster Marcus Q'Dunn... A name I never thought i would ever hear again. He looked much different, but as I found out later, his fighting style had not - he left a trail of corrupt evil doers in his wake and Arcan IV that night was freed of the tyranny of the Governor. From then, I investigated this General, for he showed no Jedi triats after that. I thought it was a joke of some kind until I discovered he had a lightsabre. Not just any lightsabre either. When you speak to Marcus one day, as to see it. It's like no other

"I was about to ask him directly, when the General was killed at Whitetown. Can you imagine what that felt like, to finally know your true love is alive and then is snatched from you again? It was soul destroying, but this time I knew he was a Jedi Master, that no one knew about. So.... what would be better to honour his memory than to become a Jedi myself? I put aside my Imperial heritage and I joined the Order. It has been the single best thing I have done in my life Oriadin. Not lony am I welcome here and my past forgotten, I have friends, I have now a family- and barely two months ago, I got Marcus back. Now that's a story in itself. Do you think I made the right choice?" I ended with a smile on my face

Oriadin
Jul 19th, 2002, 08:41:30 AM
Oriadins face was sympathetic as Helenias told him the story. She had been through so much and although he had a good ending, it was a sad story.

--I cant imagine what that must be like to lose a loved one, not just once but twice. That must have been so hard on you.--

His face brightend up with a smile as he contemplated whether or not she made the right choice in joining the order.

--Most definitely. You have Marcus again, a family and loads of friends. Everyone I know speaks highly of you. I am trully greatfull that you did become a Jedi, and in turn have become my master.--

He had always respected his Master but in this last story he felt more. she had been through so much and he could see she was a strong person inside. She must be to have gone through what she had and come out ok on the other side.

There was a slight pause for a few seconds before Oriadin raised his hand to touch his brow. His mouth opened ever so slightly and he face looked strained. He was in pain. His body tensed up and he leaned forward, knocking over what was left in his glass. A shade of red passed over the padawans face and he moved his free hand to the edge of the table and squeezed as hard as he could.